Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

So you don't have an item, you're just a "Drag mom"? Because your role, it sounds possible, but obvious given Foo's flip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

50 pounds of bread posted:

Asiina isn't scum, derp was likely jailed by the town jailer.
Did you copy a cop and cop asiina? ##unvote

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

kaschei posted:

So you don't have an item, you're just a "Drag mom"? Because your role, it sounds possible, but obvious given Foo's flip.

My flavor item is the crown, but I don't think those do anything.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

kaschei posted:

Did you copy a cop and cop asiina? ##unvote

also how did you copy a jailer but not know who the jailer was?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Pictured is my jailing implement

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Poque posted:

Kaschei lying about the jail would make him the last scum but then he would've had to jail and kill in the same turn. must process. can asiina be scum? hrm

I cannot confirm this as I do not have an xshot ability.

I can though. I copied this ability night 1 and targeted myself, then jailed Asiina last night.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Oh yeah 50s stealing thing.

I can though. I copied this ability night 1 and targeted myself, then jailed Asiina last night.

How do you choose what to copy?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Poque posted:

also how did you copy a jailer but not know who the jailer was?

I am the copycat, it's random each night what I get.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Provided 1 scum remaining. Asiina, kaschei, derp and I are cleared as of last night.

Bowmore is a potential godfather.
Murmur is a potential rodeo gambit scum.
Pecota is potential scum, and unless ixt cleared poque he is too.

Pecota is probably the best lynch, bowmore seems like the best jail target, which leaves an obvious lynch for tomorrow.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Poque was not cleared, but seems the least likely at this time.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Why are you cleared?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I jailed Asiina and therefore didn't kill anyone.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Ah I see.

This is all assuming a solo scum can't kill and take action the same turn though, but the jail claims make sense.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I'm pretty sure Pecota is the lynch here, but I would like to hear bowmores role first.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm a DR.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Or a Doc, however they say it now days

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I was worried about that. I might be wrong about the jailer being town. Process of elimination still suggests Pecota is the most likely, but it seems entirely possible that scum can action and kill, which would include kaschei as a possible scum. Derp cleared me n1 by targeting yuming.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I just caught up - so assuming people are telling the truth, we have:

Murmur - cop (targetted Ixt last night)
Asiina - drag mom (targetted Poque last night)
derp - tracker (targetted Poque last night)
kaschei - jailer (targetted derp last night)
50 - copycat (targetted Asiina last night)
Bowmore - doctor (? last night, investigated town by me N1)
Poque -
Pecota - bulletproof (?)

Poque, have you said your role yet? Poque and Pecota, did you take any actions last night?

Barring any changes I'm pretty happy with a Pecota lynch. ##vote Pecota

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Just a mason with Ixt, no actions taken any night

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Can I get some protection targets and rationales from bowmore and some rationales behind the jailings from kaschei?

From a balance perspective it's really dumb to believe that town could easily have three nightly protections in a 12-person game (bowmore's doctor copied by 50 N1, bowmore's doc, kaschei's jail), how is nobody noticing how broken that would be? I smell a rat there.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Also I'm just BP (passive, explicitly told that I don't know if the shot's been used if I'm hit with a NK) so I've got no actions taken either night.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The dude I replaced doc'd 50 no idea why, I doc'd Murmur Twin last night for obvious reasons.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

We've been tricked into a massclaim after all

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Power of Pecota posted:

Can I get some protection targets and rationales from bowmore and some rationales behind the jailings from kaschei?

From a balance perspective it's really dumb to believe that town could easily have three nightly protections in a 12-person game (bowmore's doctor copied by 50 N1, bowmore's doc, kaschei's jail), how is nobody noticing how broken that would be? I smell a rat there.

Well I have limited shots and the role I get is random. I got n1 drag mom, which I used to refresh the shot I used, and n2 was a jail.

I am worried that bowmore is actually a godfather, but I think it's manageable with night actions.

I think the correct line of play right now is to have kaschei jail bowmore, while derp and murmur both check poque. That way if poque is scum, he gets caught period. If bowmore is scum, there will be no kill.

If murmur is scum and makes a kill, she has to claim poque is scum, if she abstains, bowmore is the lynch, poque is cleared, and kaschei jails murmur.

If kaschei is scum, and kills, poque becomes clear, bowmore becomes clear, and murmur is the lynch, leaving kaschei as the lynch the next day. If he abstains, bowmore is the lynch, poque is cleared, leaving him to be forced to jail murmur, in which case he has to abstain again leaving murmur as the lynch, and kaschei goes down the next day.

That line of action leaves no chance for a scum win. Everyone should go over my logic to see if I missed anything, but I'm pretty sure lynching you wins us the game right now.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

kaschei posted:

I think the mass claim solved the game.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'll read over it a bit. Do you get to choose your target? Like you say "randomize" or whatever and pick a target for the same night? Or you're told what you got and then you can use it the same night?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I worry that we're focusing too much on night action stuff and not content and a weird role (or scum taking action and killing simultaneously, or scum + weird 3p remaining even if that's unlikely) would kill the lead we have. That said I wanted to target Pecota coming into this day so at least for today I like it.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
hey good job figureing it out everyone. ##vote pecota

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

uranus posted:

hey good job figureing it out everyone. ##vote pecota

Between this and CBB mafia, I'm really disappointed that you reverted to "really lovely at mafia" derp. I hope you blindly follow the right people this game.

Have you wondered about why scum would kill Ixt, who post-hammer bowmore was all like "Nyeah nyeah get him! He looks bad!" when we know that yuming rolecopped 50, who has a pretty scary power role?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

kaschei posted:

btw nice straight-up avoiding saying why you jailed who you jailed two posts after I asked.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'll admit I haven't been giving this game my full attention. It's been a unexpectedly busy week, but I am happy following Poque since he's been right so far and 50s explanation makes sense to me.

Assuming the game doesn't end tonight, does someone need/want an extra shot?

##vote Pecota

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Jailing the claimed tracker in a game where there would be one scum left alive (like I said earlier, 4 scum would lead to a possible D2 LYLO) is literally like the worst waste of night action resources possible. Worse than jailing the cop without a flipped godfather. I don't buy that as a town jailing at all and there are too many protective roles claimed.

Pet theory is that there's a SK who killed Ixt, a kill was blocked N1, and kaschei as the last scum used a jail instead of a kill to try and stall things. A doctor/jailer/bulletproof/role copier in the same game probably means more killing roles than a one-shot vig and the scum kill. bowmore investigated town and I doubt he'd entirely lie about being a doctor and 50 would have been bussing way too hard to be pulling a gambit.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

MafiaTipz: Evaluate claims in conjunction with behavior. kaschei spent all day D2 voting me and jails derp, a claimed tracker who he only showed suspicion of for a really profoundly lovely reason that I called out at the time. (Go back and find it for bonus points!)

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

Jailing the claimed tracker in a game where there would be one scum left alive (like I said earlier, 4 scum would lead to a possible D2 LYLO) is literally like the worst waste of night action resources possible. Worse than jailing the cop without a flipped godfather. I don't buy that as a town jailing at all and there are too many protective roles claimed.

Literally I want all of tomorrow to be people quoting this and voting kaschei. He's way better than that.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I can also give you guys a pretty good reason why 50's plan's not going to work, btw

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Power of Pecota posted:

I can also give you guys a pretty good reason why 50's plan's not going to work, btw

I'd like to see it! It feels a little like you are scrambling, but you could be right!

Poque, my plan takes into consideration the possibility that scum can kill and use abilities on the same night, and yes I get to chose my action after using copycat. I learn the ability I copy upon lynch.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I'd like to see it! It feels a little like you are scrambling, but you could be right!

Poque, my plan takes into consideration the possibility that scum can kill and use abilities on the same night, and yes I get to chose my action after using copycat. I learn the ability I copy upon lynch.

No poo poo I'm scrambling, I'm at -1 and literally nobody's talked about anything I've done. It's like pure process of elimination bullshit.

Withholding kills, duh. If there's a SK and the last scum's kaschei like I think it is, two withheld kills is basically a free doctor lynch, and all night actions are going to bring are an investigation on Poque (with no flipped godfather, so where does that get you?)

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Someone besides me should do it because I'm -1 and expecting a kaschei hammer whenever he gets back in-thread, but just ask 8bux if scum can kill and perform a night action in one night. That shouldn't be left to speculation.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Power of Pecota posted:

Withholding kills, duh. If there's a SK and the last scum's kaschei like I think it is, two withheld kills is basically a free doctor lynch, and all night actions are going to bring are an investigation on Poque (with no flipped godfather, so where does that get you?)
This is silly, there's no way scum and SK collaborate to no-kill rather than try to kill to end the game sooner AND implicate the other one.

I think an SK is worth contemplating, especially since the existence of one throws a wrench 50's plan. As does whatever blocked me N1, possibly. I'm currently trying to figure out how 50 comes out if he's SK and we follow his direction.

As for why I tried to jail MT: I thought she was scum, mainly from her interactions with foo. As for why I jailed derp: I thought he was scum. Obviously I was wrong about him trying to get two docs lynched but he did try to swing the vote away from yuming for nonsensical reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I don't get why you think using a jail on someone you're suspicious of is a bad move, claimed tracker or not.

If there had been no NK last night I would've felt pretty comfortable lynching uranus versus thinking he was the target.

In any case, I knew from my N1 experience that blocked actions don't cost a "shot" so I wasn't worried about the long term effects too much if I were wrong. So jailing seemed like a good bet.

• Locked thread