Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Maybe, but how do explain the multiple times Larry's clothing has been changed into lingerie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Music For Cats
May 30, 2011

goatface posted:

Maybe, but how do explain the multiple times Larry's clothing has been changed into lingerie?

Larry is a beautiful, beautiful man machine.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

quote:

Despite being low-tech, this game will feature the most expressive faces my work has ever gazed upon. The appearance of teeth in the 2D games was something I knew I wanted to bring to 3D, and I'm pleased to see them here replacing those unconvincing black holes! The effect was so successful that I used a similar technique for the eyes, which unfortunately can no longer move. They can at least blink though, which is a step up from the expressionless faces I was preparing for. Since the eyes are painted on, that also means they could change from character to character - squeezing a few more possibilities out of each base. As you can see, I'm also shooting for more detail with those whilst still remaining within the cartoon style.

Nightmare fuel

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

At least the eyes aren't 3D. That poo poo was always plowing head first into the uncanny valley.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Yeah, I'll take 2D eyes that don't track other entities over 3D eyes that achieve blinking by sinking into and protruding out of the skull. :eyepop:

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Awww. The clipping eyeballs are great. They're a novel approach born from MD's inexperience and lack of formal training. Truly the end of an era.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Suspicious Cook posted:

By "win the heart" you mean Larry rips it straight out of his ribcage, right?
No, that will only happen when Liam reveals he was only pretending to love Larry to get into the spotlight.

simosimo posted:

Nightmare fuel
Goodbye to :aaa:

Pvt.Scott posted:

Awww. The clipping eyeballs are great. They're a novel approach born from MD's inexperience and lack of formal training. Truly the end of an era.
I have to admit, the tracking eyeballs add a lot of character to Mpire. I hope MDickie makes up for it with an improved damage/dismemberment system.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

heyyy youuu guyyyys

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Pvt.Scott posted:

E: a love triangle subplot with a grand "win their heart in the ring" match between the two rival suitors would be neat.

I was thinking that since the first thread. With everything else going on I'm really surprised there isn't an option for a love subplot.

Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008

goatface posted:

Did you ever work out why Larry keeps being called a woman?

Maybe it's just a really badly written "insulting your masculinity" thing?

Did Larry get rebuilt taller?

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
He does seem a bit taller. Maybe he just upgraded the Fez?

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
New ep recorded but had some technical issues during play as it was chugging along and stuttering for some unknown reason - the resulting video is very poor in performance and the audio is out of sync as it goes on - tried googling around but as ever there's no clear (helpful) answer.

I don't wanna upload it in it's current state but if there's some way I can just change the audio to match up that would be great. Any tips chaps?

I record via Bandicam and it comes out as .avi - not sure if that retains the 'audio layers' which would allow me to edit, of it that means its flat like a jpeg!

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Make a highlight video with the winning music from the Eurovision final tonight. You can tap into a whole new crowd for instant youtube fame.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Make a highlight video with the winning music from the Eurovision final tonight. .

Seconded. Laz is made for bigger and better things.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

simosimo posted:

New ep recorded but had some technical issues during play as it was chugging along and stuttering for some unknown reason - the resulting video is very poor in performance and the audio is out of sync as it goes on - tried googling around but as ever there's no clear (helpful) answer.

I don't wanna upload it in it's current state but if there's some way I can just change the audio to match up that would be great. Any tips chaps?

I record via Bandicam and it comes out as .avi - not sure if that retains the 'audio layers' which would allow me to edit, of it that means its flat like a jpeg!

Virtualdub can be useful I guess

quote:

Download VirtualDub (Free)

Open up the AVI file in VirtualDub you recorded previously

Click “Video”, “Frame Rate…”, and under “Source rate adjustment” choose “Change so video and audio durations match”.

Save the AVI (using “Video” > “Direct stream copy” mode)".......

Another way in virtualdub

quote:

Video Menu
Direct Stream Copy

Audio Menu
Full Processing Mode ... then

Audio Menu
Interleaving > Enable Audio/Video Interleaving

and enter a + or - number in the Audio Skew Correction field.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Larry IS the current Eurovision winner.
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-27358560

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
With great apology to Conchita Wurst.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Hitler would be so proud! I've managed to sub-due the horrible desync tonight and will upload in the morning. It's still quite bad but it'll do- think of it as an experience of awfulness that you're all too well conditioned for!

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taBDyqvV53k

:siren:****VIDEO CONTAINS AUDIO DESYNC due to poor performance during recording.****:siren:

ROYAL RUMBLE Antis opens this episode, 18 men step into the ring with LarryTron; a bad idea!

People try to capitalise on Larry's success by being his manager and more trials from MLG!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
"BRING BACK SUPER-LEAGUE WRESTING!" sign spotted. Yes! The failed Total Extreme Wrestling LP lives on! Nice to know there's still a couple of bitter SLW fans milling about in MLG's audience pool.

Once again, I'm sorry simo for tainting your LP with Smasher Dynamo's, Blind Sally's and my own hilarious failure, but it was totally worth it.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I'd say that Larrytron needs a wrestling tax man. Therefore Paper Cut being hired as your manager wasn't a mistake.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Testekill posted:

I'd say that Larrytron needs a wrestling tax man. Therefore Paper Cut being hired as your manager wasn't a mistake.
Yeah, having someone who understands money handling that side of things should really be the #1 priority of all wrestlers. A pity that people only become managers as a way to get into the spotlight in MDickie Land.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I assume the game's loaded every single wrestler from the off and they're all kept in a locked box until needed, AI running all the while.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
I enjoyed that poo poo. Sound desync in this game isn't so bad, is just stuff blowing up and dudes screaming.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I liked when the newsletter called Paper Cut a Pencil-Necked Geek.

sulovilen
May 6, 2013
Very entertained by the LP simosimo! My entry for a sign design:

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Been busy with stuff, but here is some updated footage from Dickies new game, back grapples, facials and other goodness like crowd spots and hotpoints around the arena. Suhweee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtIWPR8jKEQ

Also, Dickie has included Windowed exes for all of his old games, I can now finally load up and try Wrestling Mpire 2004, perhaps a bonus ep is in order.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
The dead eyes staring out into space are somehow creepier than the current eyes.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Lets take a little detour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOjQ7ZOLaf4

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The old explosions are awesome. Instantly inflating hedgehogs.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Those old explosions and pain5.wav are the best features, and they need to port over to the new game.

Sleepwise
Jul 9, 2012
Just as an aside, I'd really like to see a couple more parts of Multi Theft Auto. Highways in the sky, trolling folk on a seventy degree incline, it was proper jokes. I'm not the only one, right?

E : Pain5.wav is the mating call of the Scotbird.

Sleepwise fucked around with this message at 13:04 on May 23, 2014

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Sleepwise posted:

Just as an aside, I'd really like to see a couple more parts of Multi Theft Auto. Highways in the sky, trolling folk on a seventy degree incline, it was proper jokes. I'm not the only one, right?

No I absolutely loved it, it flew under the radar quite a bit but the ability to be a total fucker was so easy. A lot has been changed in recent versions (not that I've even looked into it for ages) to prevent this but the early versions were hilarious.

You could not accelerate when the race started and cause a monumental collision right from the get go (think blues brothers), take out race leaders and get a reaction. But it was always harmless dickery and you never got kicked or banned.

Nowadays I think car collisions are disabled which is like playing with 50 lap-replay ghosts :(

Sleepwise
Jul 9, 2012

simosimo posted:

No I absolutely loved it, it flew under the radar quite a bit but the ability to be a total fucker was so easy. A lot has been changed in recent versions (not that I've even looked into it for ages) to prevent this but the early versions were hilarious.

You could not accelerate when the race started and cause a monumental collision right from the get go (think blues brothers), take out race leaders and get a reaction. But it was always harmless dickery and you never got kicked or banned.

Nowadays I think car collisions are disabled which is like playing with 50 lap-replay ghosts :(

That's a bit wank, and not in keeping with the spirit of GTA. Makes more sense to give race creators the choice. Probably a few hardcore players got their knickers in a twist over others having a gaff at their expense, took to the forums and got it changed. ;(

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Sleepwise posted:

That's a bit wank, and not in keeping with the spirit of GTA. Makes more sense to give race creators the choice. Probably a few hardcore players got their knickers in a twist over others having a gaff at their expense, took to the forums and got it changed. ;(

On the flip side they did an amazing job considering that SA had no multiplayer. To produce a client that looks like a steam game is amazing, I've not looked at development for about a year, hopefully it's even more awesome now.

Maybe a few videos are in order...

Sleepwise
Jul 9, 2012

simosimo posted:

On the flip side they did an amazing job considering that SA had no multiplayer. To produce a client that looks like a steam game is amazing, I've not looked at development for about a year, hopefully it's even more awesome now.

Maybe a few videos are in order...

Do it! It'd be nice to see you do something that's not MDickie related again, you're a funny bloke.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giDaiVcPbdU

Opening up a can of TronBombs on MLG. But things are not good, Laz' lifestyle costs and management pressing him for change do not bode well for the artist formally known as Scotbird.

Another episode of wild change!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A very special episode of star wars.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Wait, did you see that? GHETTO CHILD WAS SAD.

Who will wreck his balls now?

edit: And Liam Neeson was upset!

editedit: IT'S GONE BAD, LAZZA. IT'S GONE BAD.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 21:54 on May 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

A hand for a hand makes the whole world jam... wait, what?

• Locked thread