Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

funkybottoms posted:

my only bad trade was with a goon who ended up on the big "bad trader list" and who disappeared from the forums a while back

Who was that? :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I used to have a Philly guy that was super reliable (I got every bottle release except that escargot stout) but he appears to have dropped off the face of the earth.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

a worthy uhh posted:

Who was that? :allears:

jack skeleton (jackskeleton? jack_skeleton? some variation of that). you ever get a trade going with a dude in Los Angeles whose initials are J.J., lemme know, i'll tell you if it's him.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

funkybottoms posted:

jack skeleton (jackskeleton? jack_skeleton? some variation of that). you ever get a trade going with a dude in Los Angeles whose initials are J.J., lemme know, i'll tell you if it's him.

There were a couple bad trader posts on BA back in the day for him. I think he went into hiding. He owed me a box for like 6 months and when he finally mailed it, it was missing some things we had agreed on him sending me. He ended up including some pretty decent local bottles, so I didn't make a fuss about it. This was 3 or so years ago.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
I've only ever done shipping trades with personal friends and Goons (and a Goon-backed trustee) and have had good results. I greatly prefer the smaller community and whatever sense of self-regulation that comes with it.

Krustster, I'm always interested in Black Note, if you've got access to more. But like you, I'm trying to cut back on beer-related expenditures. If in a couple months you've still got a 4 pack or so, shoot me a PM or something. I can't provide the Prairie or BBPT5 your looking for but I might have stuff in the cellar you'd be interested in.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

There were a couple bad trader posts on BA back in the day for him. I think he went into hiding. He owed me a box for like 6 months and when he finally mailed it, it was missing some things we had agreed on him sending me. He ended up including some pretty decent local bottles, so I didn't make a fuss about it. This was 3 or so years ago.

yeah, and he got super-defensive in them. guess he was doing the Bruery trustee thing for a few different folks and burned them, but there's likely some recompense for that. me, i just got hosed over brutally with nothing to show for it.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

I used to have a Philly guy that was super reliable (I got every bottle release except that escargot stout) but he appears to have dropped off the face of the earth.

If there's something specific you're looking for from Tired Hands you can just post here. It's not very far out of my way home from work and it doesn't take much to convince me to stop by and fill a growler. As for bottles, between me, a worthy uhh, and a few other people that post irregularly in the other thread, someone can probably come up with an extra. I still have multiples of Out of the Emptiness and Back Into the Emptiness.

I've never been up to Bullfrog because it's really far from Philly. We do see a lot of their beers on tap around here so growlers are an option.

Also, you should be ISO Forest & Main. They're another small brewpub in this area that is making some excellent beer with a primary focus on english and belgian styles.

BoredByThis
Jul 13, 2001

Watch out! I'll attract you too!
Same here, I had one bad trade here and everything else has been peaches and roses, but with beer.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Always great trading here! Have not had a bad experience yet and have developed great trading partners. Just need people who want Chocolate Rain and my other Bruery beers though.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Zam posted:

Always great trading here! Have not had a bad experience yet and have developed great trading partners. Just need people who want Chocolate Rain and my other Bruery beers though.

ISO mocha Wednesday and sour in the rye variants.

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

Another successful trade with Apache completed . Great trader!

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Gonna throw one last bone out there: ISO Aurelian, Nocturn, MvB and CdT. If you've got them, let's talk.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

a worthy uhh posted:

Gonna throw one last bone out there: ISO Aurelian, Nocturn, MvB and CdT. If you've got them, let's talk.

If only the limits weren't so low... I know they're making Nocturn again but it'll likely be one per person.

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

a worthy uhh posted:

I'm drinking all of these for my Birthday on Sunday if you want to drive out to Cleveland for a tasting :)

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

if anyone is going to Kane for A Night to End All Dawns i would be willing to throw some good stuff (mostly stouts, old ales, and barleywines along with a few nice sour and saison options) your way for any and all of the variants.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Anyone here with easy access to Funky Buddha?

ISO: Last Snow growler

FT: Prairie or just shoot me a PM with whatever you may want from Texas outside of Jester King sours (Temp, MvB, Atrial and all of that are long gone oh god please stop asking).
Can consider picking up stuff from PNW area (how about a Boneyard growler eh?) considering I'm going up there too.

E: And some specific brewery-only JK offerings I can send:
Funk Metal
RU55
Hibernal Dichotomous

air- fucked around with this message at 22:44 on May 2, 2014

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

Anyone out there trading any '14 Huna? I landed my Dark Lords finally... and now I'm on a quest for more Hunahpu and Zhukov.

Is a 4 x '14 KBS for a '14 Huna a decent offer?

Edit : Also on another forum, I had an offer for a Baller Stout for my Backyard Rye. I passed at this point in time... but I'm kinda kicking myself over it.

Vertigo fucked around with this message at 22:03 on May 4, 2014

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

I don't do shipping trades anymore, but I'm going to be in Seattle from May 23rd-27th and I want to set up an in-person trade or two. I generally hate FT: list ISO: list but I don't really have a strong idea of what I want.

FT:
BCBS Proprietor's
BCBS Backyard
BCBS Coffee 2012
Upland Raspberry
Upland Cherry
FFF BA Behemoth
Rev Straight Jacket
Chicago shelf beers
(further cellar list available via email upon request)

ISO:
De Garde (pretty much anything, know practically nothing about these guys)
Ale Apothecary (ditto)
Boneyard growlers
Upright White Truffle Gose
Side Project
DDG
HF saisons (also E. and Norma)
Hommage
Cantillon
Other interesting bottles I'm not thinking of

I'm going to have only a limited amount of space for bottles given that I'll be flying, so I would strongly prefer no extras.

Cromlech
Jan 5, 2007

TOODLES
Is anybody in Philly sitting on any of the common year-round 3 Floyds beers? Mainly their 12 ounce beers, primarily Zombie Dust, Alpha King, any one really minus Jinx Proof and Robert the Bruce. Also interested in the more common bombers too but less so.

I can't really trade but I'll give you a fair price for some. Throw me a PM if you're interested.

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

Cromlech posted:

Is anybody in Philly sitting on any of the common year-round 3 Floyds beers? Mainly their 12 ounce beers, primarily Zombie Dust, Alpha King, any one really minus Jinx Proof and Robert the Bruce. Also interested in the more common bombers too but less so.

I can't really trade but I'll give you a fair price for some. Throw me a PM if you're interested.

I live about an hour north of Philly, and usually we get everything Philly gets, minus a few RR sours.... I've never seen 3F in Philly area at all.... I've asked around, and I guess about a year ago, a few Zombie Dust and a few Robert the Bruce showed up somehow, but thats really it... at least that gets out to the public.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Vertigo posted:

I've never seen 3F in Philly area at all

It's around but it flies off shelves. Beer Heaven had Oude Kriek when I was in last week. And they had Schaerbeekse a few months ago for the laffo price of $75. Local 44 had Oude Geuze a while back but it was gone by the end of the day.

It's definitely around but people go crazy for it so it doesn't usually sit unless its hilariously overpriced. And even then it still moves eventually.

edit - haha, you were talking about Three Floyds not Drie Fonteinen. I just saw your comment about 3F and RR sours and my brain made that jump.

deedee megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 14:28 on May 8, 2014

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

HatfulOfHollow posted:

It's around but it flies off shelves. Beer Heaven had Oude Kriek when I was in last week. And they had Schaerbeekse a few months ago for the laffo price of $75. Local 44 had Oude Geuze a while back but it was gone by the end of the day.

It's definitely around but people go crazy for it so it doesn't usually sit unless its hilariously overpriced. And even then it still moves eventually.

He was talking about FFF. THIS IS WHY WE HAVE ESTABLISHED ACRONYMS, PEOPLE

We don't get FFF via legit distro and never have as far as I know.

Cromlech
Jan 5, 2007

TOODLES
We don't, absolutely.. I was just asking if anybody happened to have some from a trip. We have a lot of adventurous beer nerds on here, so I figured it wasn't a huge stretch.

I don't know if PA's beer shipping laws are hosed, but, i'll make it worth somebody's time if a midwest person would ship me some too. It'd certainly be easier to find some in that regard.

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

I've done a lot of trades here, and on another site, and our shipping laws are hosed... but it's no big deal. It's just cans of soda or bottles of hot sauce.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Vertigo posted:

I've done a lot of trades here, and on another site, and our shipping laws are hosed... but it's no big deal. It's just cans of soda or bottles of hot sauce.

I'm pretty sure that's not just PA. It's most definitely illegal to ship alcohol person-to-person via the USPS, and both FedEx and UPS have "rules" against it. Basically, trading isn't exactly kosher anywhere.

The only difference may be that PA is one of the states (many) that don't allow alochol manufacuterers or distributors to ship there. So someone like Let's Pour may not be able to do business in PA like it does in IL.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I've mailed 50+ packages of beer over the years and had my first break - bonus bottle of a local ipa. FedEx was nice enough to ship the other bottles back to me. I did get a voicemail from their call center, but that was the extent of the repercussions of getting caught shipping beer.

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

I've had a bottle break once. My very first trade, years ago. I misjudged the amount of abuse the box would take during shipping and lost a bottle of Troeganator.

I was horrified for weeks I would get a knock on my door from someone questioning my shipping of alcohol.

Since then, I bubbled wrap, double bag and use tons of newspaper.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Goon trades are the best trades. I've pretty much given up trading outside of SA because you people are amazing.

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

I've had great luck on the forums trading... and i've gotten 2-3 regular trading partners, and a Bruery proxy.

That being said, I'm currently on a forums dry spell, but Reddit's beer trading sub, has been netting me some great stuff lately, for great deals.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Vertigo posted:

I've had great luck on the forums trading... and i've gotten 2-3 regular trading partners, and a Bruery proxy.

That being said, I'm currently on a forums dry spell, but Reddit's beer trading sub, has been netting me some great stuff lately, for great deals.

Be careful. I'm one of the guys who got screwed by the bad trader currently stickied.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

So basically it's gonna be more economical for me to not waste cash and spend several hundred more for plane tickets over and have a poo poo load more beers than doing a beer exchange? Good to know.

Any Aussie brewers keen for a swap?

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
ISO quantities of Westbrook Gose. Will make it worth your while if you can make it happen.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Hey Portland i'm ISO cherry Adam and Adam from the wood. They were just released at the brewery. If you can get them I'd like to arrange something.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Hey Portland i'm ISO cherry Adam and Adam from the wood. They were just released at the brewery. If you can get them I'd like to arrange something.

both of them are 100% flat, just so you know

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

funkybottoms posted:

both of them are 100% flat, just so you know

I'm OK with that

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

a worthy uhh posted:

Be careful. I'm one of the guys who got screwed by the bad trader currently stickied.

I did see that thread, and that really sucks man, that guy was an rear end in a top hat.

I found a guy with 0 rep points... he shipped first, then I shipped... and we're still talking about a 2nd trade. It's kinda nice, he's willing to be a nice 3Floyds hookup.

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

I'm still ISO : 3Floyds beers, and a Huna .. I'd love DB Huna but I dont' think my list will get me that.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I just wanted to repost and clarify since I'm giving him a big red title, goon Fuzzy Pipe Wrench from the Tampa area of Florida offered to trustee my Cigar City Catador beers, picked up my Forgotten Island and t-shirt, gave me a runaround for several months, and then stopped communicating and blocked/ignored all messages. He still posts on the forums, in threads where he talks about drinking scotch while wet shaving and buying a new car, so I know he's not dead in a ditch or destitute. gently caress you, pal.

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 21:18 on May 13, 2014

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Correct URL to use for post history is this one, that one is unique for the search you ran :radcat:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/search.php?action=do_search_posthistory&userid=143211

Any goons who I sent Prairie Bomb: please check your bottles ASAP, let me know if there's anything wrong. I heard more reports of rust and it's getting more widespread, would feel like poo poo sending you bad beer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Prairie has had rust problems like, forever. Hence the switch to shrinkwrap on Bible Belt, cause they keep waxing wet bottles or whatever.

The stuff you sent me has been fine FYI

• Locked thread