Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

I'm in.
Last five shows I watched are Arrow, Person of Interest, Orphan Black, Warehouse 13, and NCIS to give an example of my range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Zaggitz posted:

Deadpool plz.

Oh poo poo. My bad. This thread is moving faster than I expected and I'm half dead from being sick anyway.

Zaggitz: Ghostbusters The Animated Series Season 1 Episode 8 (The one with the gorilla!)

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Deadpool posted:

Aye Doc: Lucky Louie Season 1 Episode 4

I have already seen all of Lucky Louie so I'll need to ask for another one.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Deadpool posted:

IRQ: The Killing Season 3 Episode 3

From what I know of this show, I suspect you don't like me very much.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

IRQ posted:

Season 3's supposed to be legit good actually

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Senerio posted:

I'm in.
Last five shows I watched are Arrow, Person of Interest, Orphan Black, Warehouse 13, and NCIS to give an example of my range.

Senerio: CSI Season 14 Episode 21 (The backdoor pilot for the upcoming CSI Cyber Series!)

Occupation posted:

Yo dead you should legit give someone here 203 of Last Man Standing I'd be interested in how someone who hasn't seen any other episode reacts to it

Aye Doc posted:

I have already seen all of Lucky Louie so I'll need to ask for another one.

Aye Doc: Last Man Standing Season 2 Episode 3

IRQ posted:

Occupation posted:

Season 3's supposed to be legit good actually

This is what I've heard and I'm curious. So if it wins over IRQ I'll know there's some validity to it!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Okay I want to play! I mostly watch dramas and genre shows (recent favorites - Person of Interest, Orphan Black, Hannibal, Game of Thrones Sleepy Hollow) to the point that I think the only 3 sitcoms I've ever watched more than an episode or two are Parks and Rec, Community, and Brooklyn 99.

I didn't like Mad Men, True Detective, Boardwalk Empire, or the Walking Dead.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Regy Rusty posted:

Okay I want to play! I mostly watch dramas and genre shows (recent favorites - Person of Interest, Orphan Black, Hannibal, Game of Thrones Sleepy Hollow) to the point that I think the only 3 sitcoms I've ever watched more than an episode or two are Parks and Rec, Community, and Brooklyn 99.

I didn't like Mad Men, True Detective, Boardwalk Empire, or the Walking Dead.

Regy Rusty: Scrubs Season 3 Episode 14

One of my favorite episodes of anything ever. I hope you enjoy it if you haven't already seen it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I have not! The only thing I know about Scrubs is that I think it takes place in a hospital. I'll get on that tonight.

tsuki
Aug 30, 2005
Lipstick Apathy
I just signed up for Hulu Plus, along with Netflix and HBO Go, so I'm in.

Shows I've seen recently: Hannibal, Bob's Burgers, Archer, House of Cards, Game of Thrones.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
okay I am way too excited to get home and participate now

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
QUANTUM LEAP #2.17: "Leaping In Without a Net"

You know why I'm so quick to defend mediocre actors and actresses in shows like, say, Arrow? Because of performances like the ones seen in this episode of Quantum Leap.

Now let's be clear about something: Quantum Leap's a great show, based on what I've seen and remember (this is an episode I hadn't seen) and based on its undisputed place in the science fiction pantheon. Scott Bakula is fantastic in this role, and Sam Beckett's camaraderie with Dean Stockwell's Al is the stuff of legends. But it's a show that depends very strongly on their guest stars, and when they whiff on those...well, you know the saying: "Oh boy."

"Leaping in Without a Net" finds Sam leaping into Victor, the eldest son of a family of Hungarian trapeze artists. They've fallen on hard times after the matriarch died attempting a dangerous trapeze stunt, and daughter Eva is obsessed with recreating it -- much to the chagrin of her father Lazlo, who blames Victor for his mother's death (he was supposed to catch her that night).

Right off the bat you'll notice that nobody in this family is likable. Eva comes off as a gloryhound with absolutely no concern for anyone else's feelings, while Lazlo is overly possessive, prideful, and quick to guilt those who have wronged him. You have to figure that Sam's mission is to somehow talk down Eva and convince Lazlo to forgive him so they can all be a family again. But that wouldn't be very cinematic, so instead, Sam must catch Eva when she attempts "The Triple." (On the anniversary of her mother's death, no less!) See, in the original timeline, Eva dies after Lazlo fails to catch her (due to the torn rotator cuff he's been hiding). But if Sam catches her, that'll reunite the family under Eva's unhealthy obsession with glory. That'll totally work out in the long run!

In all fairness, it could have worked. If I believed that if all this family had was the rush they get from pushing themselves to the limit and impressing the crowds in the process, I would've been in it with them. But when I should have been thinking, "Wow, I hope Eva can make it and become the kind of acrobat she's always wanted to be," I was thinking, "I could get blackout drunk if I drank for every time Eva says 'THE TREEPLE,' 'PAHPAH,' 'MAHMA,' and 'VEECTOR.'"

But I can't call it a complete failure, at least. As expected, Al helping Sam get over his fear of heights gave the two buddies good material to play, and the scenes with the fortune teller -- noticing Al's presence, as well as how often Sam had been "reincarnated" -- was fascinating given what I know about the mythology's spiritual ties. But all in all, this is not an episode I'd like to revisit again. It's a hell of a thing when you actively root for the protagonist to fail.

Here are my live-reactions in case anybody wants them; it has at least one other insight that I didn't have room for here.

Deadpool, uno mas.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Ho-okay, here it goes.

She-Ra: Princess of Power Season 1 Episode 10

Like a lot of cartoons, She-Ra has a very expository opening, which means I got to know the gist of this show without cheating! This is a spinoff of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. Adora, He-Man's twin sister, is the civilian identity of the titular character. When Adora holds up her sword and says, "For the honor of Grayskull!" she turns into She-Ra and gets a vaguely defined power set. Also, her regular horse turns into a kickin' flying horse. She-Ra regularly battles against a Horde of evil monsters who rule her world. Only a few of Adora's friends know her secret, including whatever the gently caress this thing is.

So anyway, at the start of the episode Adora and her friends are at ceremony for a town She-Ra and the other rebels recently freed. That flying ear owl thing and another of Adora's friends--a suitably rape-stached meathead I'll refer to as Captain MRA for the purposes of this review--get bored and wander off. They come across a well that appears to be empty, and Captain MRA drops a rock down the well to check for water. Turns out the well was previously being used as a fuel tank by the Horde, and dropping the rock down allegedly causes an explosion and fire comes hosing out (I don't know just go with it). Thus we have out first action beat, and She-Ra uses her flying horse to whisk the fire away.

After Adora and owl thing cuss out Captain MRA a little for dropping that explosion causing rock, a dragon pops out of the well, terrorizing the town. Captain MRA decides Adora needs a man to save her and drags her into some random hut. But it turns out it's a cowardly dragon. After some buffoonery where the dragon accidentally knocks the hut into the air and back down, Adora and MRA come out and eventually befriend the dragon. They decide to take the dragon to a sorceress friend of theirs, Casta Spella (DOH HO HO), to see if she can give him a courage spell of some sort. Sadly, said spell seems to do nothing for the dragon.

As this is all happening, the Horde starts using some vaguely dick-shaped vehicles to chop down a nearby forest. Adora's friends find out and head out to stop the horde, while she sneaks off and turns into She-Ra again. She-Ra does not gently caress around, and subsequently drops a boulder on a fleet of the dick vehicles.

Magically sensing that the episode needs to wrap up soon, She-Ra gives the dragon a "magic" flower lei that will give him the courage to stand up to the leaders of the Horde. After the dragon threatens the Horde with fire and tells them to gently caress off back to Hordesville, She-Ra tells the dragon (tell me if you've heard this one before!) the magic flowers weren't really magic and the dragon had courage all along. Then She-Ra tells Captain MRA that he's terrific and kisses him, and he faints and everyone laughs. Episode over, whoop de do.

A few random thoughts:

-As shoddily animated 80s cartoons go, I suppose this could've been worse. The show obviously has a nice theme of female empowerment, and if this ep is any indication every episode is a morality play. At least the kids who managed to sit through this in the 80s learned some nice values!

-Good lord, was there a lot of needless standing around and talking, though, at the expense of anything interesting happening. If you're going to do a superhero show where the superhero only shows up for like 4 minutes of the episode, you better have something else going on.

-The end of the episode established that every episode has this character hidden somewhere throughout, kind of a Where's Waldo thing. That was sort of cute.

If you want to watch this Scorcesean epic yourself, you can do so on Youtube. The entire series appears to be up.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Holy poo poo. While all the reviews have been great so far that She-Ra review makes this whole thing worth it. Bravo!

tsuki posted:

I just signed up for Hulu Plus, along with Netflix and HBO Go, so I'm in.

Shows I've seen recently: Hannibal, Bob's Burgers, Archer, House of Cards, Game of Thrones.

Just went and looked at the selection on Hulu Plus. Sorted alphabetically and then...

tsuki: Acapulco H.E.A.T. Season 1 Episode 4

DivisionPost: Better Off Ted Season 2 Episode 8

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Sorry, Deadpool, I've seen Better Off Ted and will have to opt out. I'm glad you thought of me well enough to send me that, though!

tsuki
Aug 30, 2005
Lipstick Apathy

Deadpool posted:

tsuki: Acapulco H.E.A.T. Season 1 Episode 4

I haven't seen this, so it works for me.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

DivisionPost posted:

Sorry, Deadpool, I've seen Better Off Ted and will have to opt out. I'm glad you thought of me well enough to send me that, though!

What I think of people has no bearing on what they get. Some of them are carefully chosen based on what info the person provided and some of them are She-Ra, and Acapulco H.E.A.T. and Ghostbusters. You didn't seem to enjoy the last one too much so I tried to give you a good one. So your replacement will be one that I consider good as well and we'll see what you make of it.

DivisionPost: Vikings Season 1 Episode 5

tsuki posted:

I haven't seen this, so it works for me.

Eh, wait until you actually have to watch it before you say things like that. You're next post may be cursing me.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I just realized

I'm the only one who can carelessly disregard whatever Deadpool suggests to me without fear of punishment, because the worst that could happen to me is is I don't have to watch Last Man Standing for a week

I broke it!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Occupation posted:

I just realized

I'm the only one who can carelessly disregard whatever Deadpool suggests to me without fear of punishment, because the worst that could happen to me is is I don't have to watch Last Man Standing for a week

I broke it!

Well, I'm not suggesting anything to you because I know you're busy with your new favorite show!

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Deadpool posted:

This is what I've heard and I'm curious. So if it wins over IRQ I'll know there's some validity to it!

You say this as though I don't like a lot of shows I totally acknowledge are hot garbage but yeah ok. I think I need a palette cleanser before this though.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

IRQ posted:

You say this as though I don't like a lot of shows I totally acknowledge are hot garbage but yeah ok.

Nah, that's pretty much exactly why I picked that for you.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Deadpool posted:

and some of them are She-Ra, and Acapulco H.E.A.T. and Ghostbusters.

Please give someone an episode of VIP, wikipedia tells me Hulu has it so probably a lot here can get it.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Deadpool posted:

Zaggitz: Ghostbusters The Animated Series Season 1 Episode 8 (The one with the gorilla!)

God, where do we even start?

Judging by Deadpool's description I figured this would be an episode of that cool Ghostbusters cartoon that just happened to have a Gorilla in this specific ep. I immediately remembered as I started this episode that the actual cartoon I'm thinking of was called the REAL Ghostbusters, and now I know why. Holy loving poo poo this show. Following are images I've taken from the episode with my immediate note and then a more thorough explanation:

WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS

So right away I am bombarded with an assault of nonsense, its two dudes who live in a haunted house with a talking gorilla and a flying car who can also talk. The premise for this episode is that these Ghostbusters have become so famous that a Wax Museum wants to make statues of them(she is of course named Madame TouTou, and has a loving horrendous french accent.) So they have to go to Paris and visit the museum. Before they leave though they have to SUIT UP in one of the most insane, acid trippy sequences I have ever seen in a tv show.

Okay so first they go into this weird skeleton closet.

And then a big skull hand lifts it up into what I can only assume is hell?

AND THEN THEY ARE FORCIBLY UNDRESSED BY SPIDER LIGHTNING?!

I was seriously about to pass out from this overload of loving weirdness, but the show still had some surprises in store for me.

EVIL DOERS INCORPORATED

So the villain of this show is some kind of weird robot ghost who commands all the other ghosts do do his bidding I guess. His minions this episode are a weird, Nigel Thornberry looking effete ghost, and Elvira. There's also later 3 little balls of fur with briefcases who refer to themselves as EVIL DOERS INCORPORATED.

Mister BadMan RoboGhost is really salty about the fact that the Busters are getting wax statues and not him, so he tasks all these mooks with finding ways to destroy the Busters statues. It is at this point that Nigel Thornberry ghost COLLAPSES INTO HIS OWN HAT, AND FLIES AWAY.

Yeah, I wasn't joking.

The show reverts to typical cartoon fare after this. A bunch of cartoon logic methods of the various villains attempting to Melt/Possess/Blow up the Ghostbusters statues and having to deal with Madame TouTou's HORRENDOUS french accent. Eventually the little furballs from EVIL DOERS INCORPORATED threaten to eat the Eiffel Tower if madame TouTou doesn't destroy the statues. One of the ghostbusters somehow logics out that they will eat anything and tosses his ghost busting gun at them, which they eat and it somehow busts them?

And then the talking car says VIVA LES GHOSTBUSTAIRS.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

IRQ posted:

Please give someone an episode of VIP, wikipedia tells me Hulu has it so probably a lot here can get it.

VIP? I don't see it on Hulu. But I do see She Spies!

IRQ: She Spies Season 1 Episode 6

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I'm in! I have Netflix (US and UK) and HBO go. I've watched (current) Archer, Metalocalypse, True Detective, GoT, Sunny, True Blood. Back in the days I watched House, BSG, Rome, That Mitchell and Webb Look. Generally Sci-Fi and Comedy. The only cop-y show I've seen is NCIS (my mom loves it).

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Deadpool posted:

IRQ: She Spies Season 1 Episode 6

And that is why you never touch the monkey's paw.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Deadpool posted:

Josh Lyman, the episode I was saving for the first person is one that I know you've already seen. So you don't get it unfortunately. So I'll give you a unique assignment instead. You can pick any of the episodes already assigned to someone else and either pick the episode directly preceding or following it. Your choice! Please let us know what you're picking before you watch it.
Everyone seems to think Primeval is really bad. You assigned 304 but I'd like to go with the series finale, 506, for maximum :confused:, otherwise I'll do the subsequent episode, 305.

edit: v Hahaha I'm so excited for this poo poo!

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 23:57 on May 10, 2014

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Primeval update: what the gently caress

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ok I just finished Scrubs Season 3 Episode 14 - "My Screw Up" but I can't write my review yet because now I have to watch the whole episode again.

:psyduck:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Last Man Standing, season 2, episode 3: "HIGH EXPECTATIONS"

So I watched this episode once to get a general feel for it, planning on a second viewing to capture the finer details. The first viewing killed off all fond memories I had of Tim Allen in Home Improvement, and made me realize that the show has no "fine" details. Every character, every scene, welcomes their blandness with the warmest touch. There are a few moments where it breaks free of that and manages to be funny, but every single moment that rises above is a one-liner, and it quickly tumbles back to that mediocrity afterwards. I didn't read Occupation's review, but I did see that he gave it a positive review, so I was surprisingly hopeful about it; in light of this, the episode title was rather fitting.

Despite being the second season, the show starts off by clubbing me over the head with the stereotypes each character will be molded after for the episode: Tim Allen plays a hyperconservative dad, at odds with his eldest daughter who is excessively politically correct and very liberal. There's a new black family in town and the daughter stumbles over what to call them, winding up with "blaaa--frican-American;" Tim Allen complains about how he doesn't want to be friends with any neighbors; the daughter's car was egged, but oh no, so was the black family's! Racial tension is going to be the theme, but thankfully, the daughter gets pushed out after some bad Obama-based joke trading between her and daddy (surprisingly timely references, since this episode aired the week after the 2012 election) because the show at least respects itself enough to not do 22 minutes of family political feuding. Instead, focus shifts to the mother, whom I know best as "that lady from Becker." The mom was molded after the Sensitive Mediator that seems to exist in every sitcom - someone who is so desperate to not offend, not be in the way, not take a side, that she actually causes more problems than ever existed (note: no problems are actually solved). She comes up with a flimsy excuse to talk to the black neighbors, the Larabees, and in the entire conversation with the Larabee family, every sentence she says comes back to "well X and Y happened... but NOT BECAUSE YOU'RE BLACK!" without ever actually mentioning the race. The guest stars playing the Larabees actually did a great job here and gave me the first of few laughs, with this combo-stare towards Becker-lady:

It turns out that despite making the world's wirst first impression and coming off like a closet racist desperately trying to look above it, the Larabees accepted a dinner invitation! Tim Allen adheres to the sitcom standard of being a head of the household who loving Hates Neighbors. Dinner night itself starts off with a Michael Jackson joke (he had been dead for three years at the time), leading seamlessly into a brown bag + malt liquor joke... which is just the setup for when the Larabees show up with a brown paper bag shaped conspicuously like a 40. It turns out to be a candle and oh, the laughs are had. The Becker-lady is so eager to point out that equality exists in the world that she makes sure to correct that the two families have even-sized houses, and then tries to relate to the Larabees by providing a dictionary definition to the phrase "baby's daddy." Tim Allen calls the Larabee's child "lazy," the Larabee mother makes a joke about how their kid can't swim, and Becker-lady does everything she can to neutralize both of these statements to avoid the appearance of racism. It all comes together in perfect harmony when the Larabee father makes the same joke that Tim Allen did in the intro: "I don't think the KKK does much work with eggs!" See, it's all happy in the world of Last Man Standing and the white folks are getting along with the black folks. The scene even ends on a friendly, but terribly uninteresting and lame trading of racial jokes between the two, featuring "white people shoot black dudes" and an actual usage of the term "crackers." It felt insulting throughout, but at least the show avoided the most obvious route of making Tim Allen the awkward, awful part of the dinner and instead assigning that role to Becker-lady.

The secondary plot focuses on the other two children of the family - some girl who thinks she is the best at everything and is incredibly confident, and Eve, the most beloved child of the family. You'll notice that is the first time I have mentioned any of these characters' first names. It isn't because Eve was such a brilliant character that I identified with and clung to, but because they say "Eve" probably thirty times in a 22 minute episode. The confident daughter spends the entire episode fighting for her parents' attention while Eve gets it all, despite not wanting it. These conflicts are weaved in the idea of Eve quitting soccer, which her father is incredibly opposed to for reasons that never become too apparent. The sections dealing with these younger daughters are more interesting than the Larabee story, but I still don't think it rises to anything decent. Eve skips soccer practice to get wasted on Tequila, whines about how much it blows to have your dad be confident about your ability at something, while Confident Daughter silently bemoans the fact that nobody cares about her success in choir and in being super pretty and whatever else. Despite this big disparity, Confident Daughter still loves Eve and comes to her aid to try to keep their parents from finding out she was drinking. Predictably, since no character who does wrong in a sitcom has ever gone without learning a moral lesson at episode's end, Eve gets caught and the blame for her inebriation falls squarely on Confident Daughter's shoulders, leading to Tim Allen yelling at and chastizing her for taking her sister drinking. Worry not, even dad is not immune to The Great Sitcom Comeuppance, as he apologizes to Confident Daughter for blaming her. All is well in the family, and things are neatly wrapped up so that the same conflicts can begin anew in different manifestations in episode four and beyond.

I started this review off wanting to get some images to display my thoughts, wanting to be descriptive and informative about everything I saw and thought. These hopes were killed by the second viewing, which did nothing but make the holes deeper and do its best to flatten out the few moments that went above ground-level. I think what really drained some of the positive thoughts out of this was how stiff and stilted some of the deliveries were. I don't expect much from Tim Allen, but he can't even deliver the line "did you bring me... a big, pretzel?" without throwing in two random pauses, or how the Becker-lady lets "Everyone in the world named Mike... except, for... you" slowly drool out of her mouth. The primary plus I will give the show is this - I came in expecting to hate Tim Allen's character the most, and I did not. They did not find a way to write the most nuanced, appealing ultra-man conservative ever; they just found a way to make Becker-lady loving unbearable.

If you would be so kind as to give me another episode of a steaming pile to watch, that would be just swell Deadpool.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Season 14 Episode 21: Title: Kitty Orriginal Airdate (according to wikipedia): 4/30
As this is a backdoor pilot, any name bolding will be of cast members from the CSI Cyber Crimes Division
Recap:
After a woman is murdered, the police arrest her husband with a gun in his front seat. At the same time Special Agent Avery Ryan sees him and notes that if he's there, then her mark is there.

Pictured: Patricia Arquette, who plays Avery Ryan

After Ryan shows off her living lie detector skills, and her partner Clikk(spelling according to google) humiliates a member of CSI, it turns out her mark is not the husband, but instead his mistress Kitty, or, rather, the man who created her, as it turns out that Kitty is actually a computer program. She does grab at her jaw while she speaks, which is odd for a computer program.

Do not adjust your set.

It turns out that the reason she does this is that Kitty is based on a real person, Sarah.

In the end, Ryan uses Sarah to provoke the creep, and the FBI and LVPD team up and arrest him. Yay team.

Review:
So I started out disliking Ryan because she was portrayed as better than the entire cast of the flagship show, but as time went on that was toned down, and I warmed up to her. (Clikk can gently caress right off, though, if that's actually how his name is spelled).

The mystery was alright, I predicted that the guy was going to kill the blackmailer a scene and a half before it was revealed, but I didn't expect the Mistress to be fake... or real, afterwards. I liked Ryan describing the internet as an iceberg.

Beyond that, I liked Ted Danson in the episode, and the old guy was pretty cool too. The rest of the cast didn't stand out too much either way.

Pictured: The best part of the episode.
With its successful introduction of the main character of its spinoff, and a sufficiently interesting adventure, I give CSI, Season 14 Episode 21 a solid B+.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 00:04 on May 11, 2014

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!
This sounds neat and I'll give it a shot. Shows I am fond of include Doctor Who, Parks and Recreation, Person Of Interest, and Supernatural.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Zaggitz, I cannot express how much I love the fact that you broke down the insane suit up sequence in Ghostbusters. When I was a kid it was my favorite part of each episode. Now it's like "What the gently caress is going on here?" personified.

Josh Lyman posted:

Everyone seems to think Primeval is really bad. You assigned 304 but I'd like to go with the series finale, 506, for maximum :confused:.

MrAristocrates posted:

Primeval update: what the gently caress

Done!

13Pandora13: Flight of the Conchords Season 2 Episode 4

Josh Lyman: Primeval Season 5 Episode 6

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
Doing the honorable thing and participating.

I'm leaving out reality, competition, talk, and business rescue shows here because otherwise the list would at minimum double and the thread seems to be focused on episodic television.

THINGS I WATCH (in order as they appear on my DVR list)
Glee, Bones, Parks & Rec, South Park, The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, Castle, Hot in Cleveland, Louie, Children's Hospital, Archer, SVU, Walking Dead, Once Upon a Time, Bob's Burgers, Deon Cole's Black Box, Mad Men, Black Dynamite, Parenthood, Key & Peele, Mindy Project, Chicago Fire, New Girl, Inside Amy Schumer, Whose Line is it Anyway, Sons of Anarchy, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Chicago PD, Supernatural, Fargo, Andy Daly's Review, @Midnight, Playing House, Comedy Bang! Bang!, Maron, the Middle

THINGS I WATCHED
Community, Raising Hope, Enlisted, HIMYM, Fox Animation from day one, ADHD cycle 1, House MD, Breaking Bad, SNL since ~'91, Ben & Kate, Arrested Development, Chappelle's Show, Sealab 2021, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Metalocalypse, Dexter, Friends, Seinfeld, Gilmore Girls, The Critic, Always Sunny, Scrubs, Heroes, Mr. Show, Firefly, Frasier, The Finder, Dollhouse, Angel, basically every Law & Order franchise, basically everything on Adult Swim from 2005-2011, The Office US & UK, Whose Line UK, Flying Circus, Deadwood, Game of Thrones, Smash, Powerpuff Girls, Bourdain travelogue shows, The Mind of a Chef, Orange is the New Black, The L Word, Freaks & Geeks, 30 Rock, NBC TGIF in the early-to-mid 90s, Saved by the Bell up to College Years, Lie to Me, Clerks animated, Wilfred, The Maxx, Aeon Flux, Michael and Michael Have Issues, the H Jon Benjamin show, Stella (and Stella Shorts which I didn't like, oddly), UCB TV, Todd Margaret, Kids in the Hall, Sarah Silverman Program, Check it Out!, Fresh Prince, 90s Saturday morning cartoons, and this list is too long but it goes on.

THINGS I'VE SEEN SOME OF
Buffy musical ep and "Hush", Hemlock Grove (:barf:), Star Trek original TNG and the start of DS9, Hannibal S1, The Killing S1, Touch, nip/tuck, The Neighbors, Modern Family, Dads, The New Normal

I got caught up in nostalgia so this got out of control, and I'm cutting myself off. Do your best, Deadpool.
eta:

Zaggitz posted:

WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS

This review is amazing. Thank you!

SHVPS4DETH fucked around with this message at 00:07 on May 11, 2014

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Alright, I'll give this a shot.

Shows I'm Currently Watching: RuPaul's Drag Race, The Ultimate Fighter, Bar Rescue, The Genius, Archer, Louie

Shows I've Watched In The Past: Harper's Island, The Soup, Top Chef, 30 Rock

Show I Wish I Had Never Watched: America's Most Smartest Model

Give me something I can skewer.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Oh, forgot to say, that was fun. Can I get another?

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Hello, I am here for this interesting thing.

My current watch list consists only of Elementary and Game of Thrones. Shows I have previously watched and gotten really into include Glee (:negative:), Young Justice, Torchwood (though I have never watched Doctor Who), and Criminal Minds.

I don't know if we're allowed to blacklist certain shows or if this is just me asking for trouble but please don't make me watch Hannibal. From the very few parts of that show I've seen, that is WAAAAAAAAAAAY too macabre for me. I just don't have the stomach for that.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I would enjoy another as well.

edit: I'm already planning on watching The Americans on my own time, so none of that please.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 00:26 on May 11, 2014

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Ugh I've already got 600 words and I'm only three minutes in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I'm in. What I watch: Game of Thrones, Hannibal, Community, Parks and Rec, Mad Men, The Americans, Doctor Who, Orphan Black etc.

I have the gamut: Netflix, Amazon, HBOgo, Showtime and OnDemand

• Locked thread