Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't the corn in this week's episode not look like that? Like the kernels should be smaller and darker and basically not look like modern corn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't the corn in this week's episode not look like that? Like the kernels should be smaller and darker and basically not look like modern corn.

Yes, the Maize should be smaller and darker :smug:

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

The season-opening human sacrifice scene and the one in the most recent episode are 2 different events, right? If I remember correctly, the opening scene was him and Riario, not him and Swarthy Buddy.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

AFewBricksShy posted:

The season-opening human sacrifice scene and the one in the most recent episode are 2 different events, right? If I remember correctly, the opening scene was him and Riario, not him and Swarthy Buddy.

I think that is still further down the line.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

This show is pretty bad but it never fails to amuse me. I have to think its pretty costly per episode so I wonder if they are going to wrap it up this season or just leave it on a cliffhanger thinking they are going to get renewed.

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

Sometimes it really feels like they make Leonardo way too smart. So you end up with stuff like this where he figures out the heliocentric model of the solar system all by himself.

Or building a submarine in like two hours.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
speak for yourselves, untermensch :smug:

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

If they're gonna go with all this magic stuff and faux-history, I'd rather they just go whole-hog and have Da Vinci invent all sorts of insane poo poo.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Riario just stabbed a dude with CORN.

Edit: Ghost Juliano's beard looks super fake.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Apr 27, 2014

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
I haven't watched tonight's ep., but it's looking like this won't be picked back up for season 3. This is based purely on its current ratings - episode one had 580k viewers and every episode since has been under 500k and steadily declining. It's hovering around 400k atm.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
hahaha jesus loving christ this show is so bad

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
So when do Tom Hanks and Audrey Tautou show up?

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Gonz posted:

So when do Tom Hanks and Audrey Tautou show up?

Right after Paul Bettany swoops in and rescues them from the native savages

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

Did Riario scream GOD LOVE ME BEST after winning corn-murder tournament? Was having trouble making that out.

Season 1 seemed much less terrible.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Space Pussy posted:

Did Riario scream GOD LOVE ME BEST after winning corn-murder tournament? Was having trouble making that out.

Season 1 seemed much less terrible.

Hahaha, oh my god, I need to go back and watch yesterday's episode, because if those are the exact words he used, then that's hilarious.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something I didn't like about last week's episode was how they had Lorenzo legitimately winning the test. It really seems like something he should have found an alternate way out of.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of weird how the Secret Archive Bishop has all these Batman tools.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Kind of weird how the Secret Archive Bishop has all these Batman tools.

Well, as we saw last season, the Secret Archive has kryptonite in it, so it's probably safe to say that this show exists in the DC comic book universe.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
this show is beyond ridiculous

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

I'm just waiting for someone to get resurrected by the Book of Leaves.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Mike_V posted:

I'm just waiting for someone to get resurrected by the Book of Leaves.

this show is the precursor to helix

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

No Lorenzo this episode was a bit odd.

However bad this show is the last few episodes have been completely worth watching for Carolina Guerra. I just can't get over how fabulous she looks in (and without) that priestess attire.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One thing I think this season really doesn't need is even more fracturing of the stories. The first season had enough problems keeping the story going through two plot threads, this season expanding it further hasn't fared any better.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Renewed for season 3:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/05/06/da-vincis-demons-renewed-for-third-season-by-starz/261100/

Teek fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 6, 2014

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

New showrunner. Will be interesting to see if anything changes.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

yessssssssss

This show is my guiltiest pleasure, but not really cuz its good (if dumb) and I'm not ashamed of liking it at all.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

what in the gently caress i just saw this on facebook

mods can you change title to "LOL"

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

GreenNight posted:

New showrunner. Will be interesting to see if anything changes.

To be fair that's a pretty big showrunner upgrade. Next season can't possibly be worse than what we're getting now.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I don't know, I like this season more than the last.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

I think they're gonna need to make a decision on which way to take the series: Either go whole hog into the magical alternate history realm of this season or take it back to the historical fiction political intrigue of the first season. I'd prefer they go back towards the first season's stuff, but either way they cannot keep this schizophrenic tone and have a quality show, I don't think.

Schlampa
Dec 28, 2006

Mike_V posted:

they cannot keep this schizophrenic tone and have a quality show, I don't think.

Next season: Da Vinci invents LSD and uses it to decypher the moonrunes with his magical time traveling mother.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
really waiting for roario and da vinci to get it on

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

I knew this show had firmly launched itself into the deep-end when Leonardo da Vinchi had to 'draw life' from that mesoamerican woman's magic vagina.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
I was really hoping this show was going to take the historical approach and abandon this magic horseshit

nope.jpg what the gently caress are the ottomans doing

lorenzo's ex-gf's doublecross smug was beautiful

e: they can kill off da vinci (dont loving touch riario) and return to the medici-pope intrigue game and i'll be content

Iseeyouseemeseeyou fucked around with this message at 05:47 on May 11, 2014

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

See, I was hoping for a serious historical drama at first as well, but now that I've gotten a taste of this ridiculous magical world of inter-dimensional vaginas and wizard money lenders I've gotta say that I prefer this.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
with the rate this show is going at, i expected da vinci's mother to be alive with just her organs and poo poo in the golden face thing. I am so loving disappointed.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
OH MY GOD IT loving HAPPENED

I AM LOSING IT

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

this show is precious

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

This show is amazing. I hope they get even crazier with the plot. I mean they freakin' went to the new world and met a Mayan (Aztec?) priestess who speaks their language and the dude who America was named after tagged along and proved to be the typical American douchebag. I watch this show for fun, I don't expect it to be Game of Thrones. You guys need to learn how to relax.

• Locked thread