Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Copycat Zero posted:

Yeah, there's no guarantee that the person who is answering the tweets actually knows what they're talking about, but they apparently at least can come off as if they do.

They certainly didn't when someone presented Madoka to them a few days back.

I'd wager they're just getting better at faking it really quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
To be fair I don't think it's fair to expect anyone to be familiar with every single anime ever.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Kheldragar posted:

Like I said, pretty soon they'll be putting Reimu on the cover and everything.

But if that's true that means no one believes in those granola bars anymore. Sales must have tanked.

Or Yukari did it or something.

Suenteus Po
Sep 15, 2007
SOH-Dan

Clarste posted:

To be fair I don't think it's fair to expect anyone to be familiar with every single anime ever.

It does seem fair to assume that someone who can't recognize QB can't recognize Kokoro from Milky Holmes, which the person in the ANN article did. One of these shows is substantially more prominent than the other.

Also the first picture posted ITT has them mispelling "Koshi", which tells me that they're just GISing. No ~true fan~ would spell Koishi's name wrong.

:goonsay:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
A new House Set was released. It's another fairly short one, but at least there's nothing in the way of House Set of DDC now.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Suenteus Po posted:

It does seem fair to assume that someone who can't recognize QB can't recognize Kokoro from Milky Holmes, which the person in the ANN article did. One of these shows is substantially more prominent than the other.

Also the first picture posted ITT has them mispelling "Koshi", which tells me that they're just GISing. No ~true fan~ would spell Koishi's name wrong.

:goonsay:

#oishiikoishi

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Their use of reimu just gained them a follower for life.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

RIP in piss 2hu card game

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I'm surprised they didn't think to run this one by ZUN before the Kickstarter went up. That seems like the most obvious, basic precaution in the world.

At least they write the "o" in "dojin" with a macron, though. Very professional.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

FractalSandwich posted:

I'm surprised they didn't think to run this one by ZUN before the Kickstarter went up. That seems like the most obvious, basic precaution in the world.

At least they write the "o" in "dojin" with a macron, though. Very professional.

Apparently they tried but it's hard to reach him. Basically starting the Kickstarter was the only way they could get his attention. This doesn't surprise since I know someone who's tried to contact him before.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I've heard many complaints about many people on Twitter, but I never expected "He's too hard to contact" to be one of them.

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked
The reason for canceling due to it being pretty much an investment was what I'd thought would happen.
Doujin circles fund their projects out of pocket and do a lot of their production themselves. That's the whole idea/spirit behind doujin from what I gather.

quote:

However, through our communication with Team Shanghai Alice, they stated that it will take some time, but Touhou licenses may be available for oversea publications in the future.

I find this bit the most interesting.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
I'd had a number of people approach me (for some reason) asking for the best method for contacting ZUN. He's not exactly reclusive, but before the AWA trip, it doesn't seem like he was too concerned with non-Japanese matters (although this would've been big enough to catch his attention regardless of when it happened, I think). But the fact that he's working on overseas licensing is heartening.

FractalSandwich posted:

Right before flagrant use of "nakama".

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

leather fedora posted:

Right before flagrant use of "nakama".
You're right, that's a bit presumptuous. "Minasan" would have been more appropriate.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

FractalSandwich posted:

You're right, that's a bit presumptuous. "Minasan" would have been more appropriate.

I thought it was minna-san?

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Pureauthor posted:

I thought it was minna-san?

I think it's both; I never got if 皆 was really みな or みんな. Maybe it's like やっぱり and やはり. :iiam:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It's minna but when you say it out loud it's basically mina so the japanese people did what every language does and just contracted it.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
You guys the new game has achievements.

I'm gonna lose my mind I'm a huge achievement whore.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

So on a whim I started reading some of the music CD's and the manga's and they're actually surprisingly good. But now i'm upset that Maribel and Renko will probably never appear in the games because they're pretty great. :(

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
I wouldn't exactly say that...

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

leather fedora posted:

I wouldn't exactly say that...

Really? I know that Maribel has an obvious connection to Yukari and that her power would provide an easy explanation for her and Renko to pop up in Gensokyo. But Touhou never really stuck me as having a strong enough emphasis on story to ever have that happen. Or has there actually been some foreshadowing in the games that I have missed?

Edit: Also Komachi is kind of badass in the manga's. She's pretty cool.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 14:55 on May 11, 2014

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Welp, looks like I'm going to be wasting a lot of time. :livintrope:

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Pretty sure Leather Fedora is coyly implying that Maribel and Renko are in Impossible Spellcard, mate.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

Pretty sure Leather Fedora is coyly implying that Maribel and Renko are in Impossible Spellcard, mate.

I'm pretty sure they're not.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I don't know how big trophies and achievments are in Japan but ZUN just made a blog post about how he made the game as a sort of statement against the current industry? I can't understand it at all but I'm expecting these achievement titles to belittle and make fun of the player now.

Also watching a stream and Mokou just went nuclear and I can't stop laughing for some reason.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
e: ^^^ if anything I'd expect the "cheat" items to be a jab at stuff like buyable items and microtransactions that trivialize a large portion of the game you're playing.

the wildest rear end posted:

I'm pretty sure they're not.

Can confirm, already on the last stage with most scenes completed.

Ustuho and the rest of the former Hell gang aren't in there either. I guess Seija had no reason to go underground :v:

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

This is the best Touhou game ever.

Anyone know what the umbrella does as a sub-item? I can't figure it out.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

ProfessorProf posted:

This is the best Touhou game ever.

Anyone know what the umbrella does as a sub-item? I can't figure it out.

It just gives you 3 charges of the umbrella like you'd have if you equipped it normally. Not really exciting.

I only have 3 scenes to go: 9-6, 10-6, and 10-9. They're kicking my rear end. I've been running Tanuki doll/Miracle mallet but it can only do so much, I guess.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

For 9-6 I just hugged the bottom and used the camera every so often to clear bullets, it was one of the easier cards on day 9 honestly. For 10-6 and 10-9 I just used the tanuki statue in the main slot and the hammer in the sub slot and just tried to outlast them using good, old-fashioned dodging.

Is the umbrella even useful on one of the final day scenes? I get the feeling ZUN designed the last batch of spellcards so that each of your items is necessary for one of them (except it's still possible to just say gently caress it and use the tanuki/hammer combo), but I can't see one where the umbrella would be useful. I guess it might be for 10-9?

Also, what do the yin-yang orb and ghost lamp do as sub items? Never figured that one out.

But man, I was kinda prepared for an STB/DS level of difficulty, it's kinda disappointing actually how much easier this game is compared to those two.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

a cartoon duck posted:

Also, what do the yin-yang orb and ghost lamp do as sub items? Never figured that one out.

But man, I was kinda prepared for an STB/DS level of difficulty, it's kinda disappointing actually how much easier this game is compared to those two.

The yin-yang orb makes your hitbox smaller, the lamp supposedly makes it so that if you press X/item button as you're dying, you cancel out that death but I've never had that work.

HGH fucked around with this message at 21:26 on May 11, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

a cartoon duck posted:

Play camera only and never focus. :v:

I'm honestly surprised how many characters came back for this, I was half expecting MoF+ only.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 21:30 on May 11, 2014

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Since this is 14.3 now I wanna know what 14.5 is.

Too soon for a new fighting game, right?

I want a battle of the bands between the Prismrivers, the Tsukumos, and that punk band Mystia and Kyouko started.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

I'm honestly surprised how many characters came back for this, I was half expecting MoF+ only.

There's only been three shmups out since Double Spoiler, and one of them was Great Fairy Wars whose sprites would've clashed with the rest of them. ZUN basically had to go back to his old stuff to fill a full game.

Still kinda sucks though that ZUN didn't at least bother to make a shmup version of Hata no Kokoro. Suika, Iku and Tenshi all got one, you'd think the latest fighting game boss would as well.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Oh just so you all know, one of Marisa's cards is called LOVE SIGN "MACHINE GUN SPARK"

:allears:

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The stage music is all Infinite Nightmare good for songs that you're supposed to listen on loop.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
Yeah, I'm surprisingly not being driven crazy by the stage music in this game like I was with the earlier music in Double Spoiler.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Since this is 14.3 now I wanna know what 14.5 is.

Too soon for a new fighting game, right?

I want a battle of the bands between the Prismrivers, the Tsukumos, and that punk band Mystia and Kyouko started.

I'd rather a fighting game that managed to put as much of the cast in as is possible, just to revel in the utter :spergin: that would result.

Or having Youki, Rinnosuke and Unzan in the fight, that'd be nice.

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW
goatman

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:48 on May 12, 2014

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

WarpedNaba posted:

I'd rather a fighting game that managed to put as much of the cast in as is possible, just to revel in the utter :spergin: that would result.

Or having Youki, Rinnosuke and Unzan in the fight, that'd be nice.

I said it before, I'll say it again, it's damned criminal Yuugi hsn't been in a fighting game yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Do you have a Touhou wallpaper? Of course you do, now share it.