Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
##unvote we have time and I don't like having the vote at -1 when I haven't been able to give a decent amount of time to the night action thoughts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Do we know what blocked kaschei night 1?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

kaschei posted:

This is silly, there's no way scum and SK collaborate to no-kill rather than try to kill to end the game sooner AND implicate the other one.

Nope, if there's a 7-1-1 split right now, the SK and the last scum are the biggest asset to each other.

kaschei posted:

I don't get why you think using a jail on someone you're suspicious of is a bad move, claimed tracker or not.

Because derp had like the most verifiable night action in the game that could catch scum or a SK in a lie really easily? If he tracked someone somewhere and got a correct result that could have verified he didn't do the NK? This isn't rocket science here.

kaschei posted:

As for why I tried to jail MT: I thought she was scum, mainly from her interactions with foo.

That's pretty interesting, considering that you were mentioning Murmur's name more before Foo's flip than after it. Literally the only time you mentioned Murmur on D2 was when you said it looked like derp was trying to get two cops lynched. Murmur was leading most of the conversation until yuming's claim too - why did you just vote me without any explanation instead?

Poque, peanut gallery vote crew, tell me you honestly buy that kaschei jailed Murmur because of this N1 from his D1/D2 posting

Poque posted:

Do we know what blocked kaschei night 1?

The scumteam choosing him to do the NK.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

The points you bring up are okay, but it is difficult to lose if we lynch you. I think your point about kaschei is very good, but the strategy involving lynching you is better.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
All of the sudden RuPaul comes through the door.

Episode 3 Event: Imma Read That Bitch!

My elite eight. It's time for a little history lesson. In the spirit of Paris is Burning get our your library cards because the LIBRARY IS OPEN.

Because reading is what?

Fundamental! That's right.

Yes, it's time for the traditional Drag Race shade-throwing competition. Each of you have the chance to read the other queens still in the competition. You can only read each person once, so make them count. Put all your charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent into this competition.

Reads are due by Sunday at 9pm or by the time of the hammer if you hammer early. The reads will then go to our two special guest judges, who will each pick one of the reads as their favorite. The two most well-read queens will get a boon in the competition.

Good luck, and don't gently caress it up.

But What IS a Read/Throwing Shade?

What's a read? Let Dorian Corey of Paris is Burning tell you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2lEtUqxg44

Here's a few examples from the show too...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBqrBnvnlLU

Eight Dollars fucked around with this message at 21:57 on May 10, 2014

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

50 pounds of bread posted:

The points you bring up are okay, but it is difficult to lose if we lynch you. I think your point about kaschei is very good, but the strategy involving lynching you is better.

um could you do a little better than just "okay", I'm showing you a point where kaschei's claimed night action doesn't match his in-thread posting at all and he's got a night action that's completely unexplained by the fullclaim unless you think there's a third-party roleblocker who's got a cover story or a mystery lying town roleblocker. Also he looks scummy as poo poo re: yuming yesterday.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
why did everyone stop posting

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
i was at a lan party! i'm trying to figure out action stuff now.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I am confusing the gently caress out of myself and I have to leave soon for mothers day stuff so I'm just gonna post what I have so far and come back to it later, sorry that it's going to be disjointed

re: scum/SK stuff, I'd be super shocked if we had an SK AND three-person scumteam in a twelve man game, that could lead to mylo on day 2 and is just not likely at all. Especially with Ernie as a nightvig and Asiina out there who could refill his shots! My guess is that the extra (assuming claims are valid) protection pieces are to protect town from a 3-person scumteam in a 12-person setup, which is heavy for scum to start. I think we're only dealing with one non-town person lying right now rather than two, and I'm going to work off the "one liar" assumption a lot for the rest of this day.

Though I think it's probably a third scum left, I guess an SK could be possible too - yuming being tracked to 50 on N1 doesn't mean that she rolecopped him. She could've been trying to deliver the kill as the last scum member given bowmore's claim to have doc'd 50 on N1. 2 scum + SK would also prevent a mylo d2 situation for a total setup piece. But either way at this point it doesn't matter if it's an SK or a solo scum since mechanically they're the same thing. Unless it's Pecota and he actually DOES have his one-shot bp but it's an add-on to help him out as a serial killer. either way who cares? they have to die.

The main thing giving me pause is kaschei's claim of being blocked as a jailer on N1. Nobody has claimed to have done this at this point so it pretty much has to be that kaschei is lying or somebody else is lying. To me, it doesn't make sense to me that kaschei would lie about that because inventing a fake roleblock would be way too risky of a play - you're putting the onus on finding this mystery blocker as more and more roles flip as the game winds down. Additionally, it doesn't make sense to me since he had a really easy fakeclaim he could've made for night 1....jailing me. I am also unconfirmed masons with kaschei since the day 1 event - our secret boxes gave us that power. I claimed my Ixt masonry to kaschei on D1 (without revealing it was with Ixt) - if he's scum, he knows I'm town and would assume I don't have any other role aside from being a mason. Inventing a jailing of me feels like a much easier claim to make than an invented N1 block, especially since it's easily justified given how the Foo lynch went down w/r/t me as a viable target to be protected.

if I'm working with my "one liar" theory, I agree with 50 that he's cleared at this point. Even if he could jail Asiina and still take action as a killer, derp would be telling the truth in this situation, having tracked yuming to 50 at this point, and an xshot scum rolecop isn't going to spend a use targeting her own teammate just in case a tracker happens to be watching her.

Asiina's role doesn't clear her alignment but it would clear her from the proposed kaschei blocking on N1. Plus, if she's lying and is the last murderer, then 50 is telling the truth and he jailed her, so she's clear barring a juggernaut or anything like that.

and now i go away, will post more later

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Poque, bowmore hadn't claimed who he protected on N1 yet when kaschei claimed the jail on Murmur, and you would have been an obvious/smart choice for a doc that night. If bowmore claimed to have successfully visited you, kaschei's gig was up. Claiming being blocked with no one accountable for it isn't that crazy. kaschei is 100% scum by content and if I get lynched today I want everyone to take that regardless of whatever night action stuff plays out.

I've been burned by that before. There was a WH40k game that Windshipper ran where TNL was a scum jailer who could jail and kill in the same night when he was the only scum left alive, and he rode his "confirmed by night actions" status to winning the game. My pet theory right now is that kaschei's the last scum, there's no SK, and he's in the same situation. N1 he did the kill (when yuming was still alive he couldn't double-dip on night actions) and had to fake being blocked to avoid any successful night actions from contradicting his claim. N2 he's the last scum alive and gets to use his role + a kill. He's not trying to do anything today because with 50's plan he can use his jail on bowmore and kill derp/Murmur, who are both using their roles on obvious town Poque. He's "cleared" and has a chance to ride things out. Don't do this poo poo, vote kaschei, end the game today.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

So basically two things

- If I'm lynched today and flip as sickening bulletproof, Murmur and derp should check kaschei instead of Poque. The rest of 50's plan is whatever.
- With the multiple claimed protective roles/posting not matching voting/unexplained roleblock on N1 stuff if I'm right about this and I'm lynched today I'm going to be the most unsufferable rear end in a top hat imaginable postgame.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm willing to go with you on this PoP

##vote Kachei

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

RuPaul shrugs. "Oh well, no advantages in the next competition for any of you."

He then goes on to make more music with Lucian Piane.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Power of Pecota (3): Poque, Murmur Twin, uranus, Asiina, Poque
kaschei (2): Power of Pecota, bowmore
Asiina (0): kaschei, kaschei

Not Voting (3): 50 pounds of bread, kaschei, Poque

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 12th, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Eight Dollars posted:

RuPaul shrugs. "Oh well, no advantages in the next competition for any of you."

He then goes on to make more music with Lucian Piane.

I think certain people (ie me) didn't want to be the only one throwing shade.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I would've participated but I was out all weekend, sorry. :(

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I had no idea what you meant at all and the second video didn't work in Canada.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Power of Pecota posted:

So basically two things

- If I'm lynched today and flip as sickening bulletproof, Murmur and derp should check kaschei instead of Poque. The rest of 50's plan is whatever.
- With the multiple claimed protective roles/posting not matching voting/unexplained roleblock on N1 stuff if I'm right about this and I'm lynched today I'm going to be the most unsufferable rear end in a top hat imaginable postgame.
Don't talk to me about insufferable postgames :colbert:

The reason you keep saying my D2 was poo poo is that my D2 was poo poo. BHB's game came to a head and I frankly burned myself out a bit being an actual insufferable townie. I can believe that you don't know about that game but I can't believe you're not just looking for the lowest hanging fruit to save yourself. I certainly didn't go out of my way to breadcrumb my targets but I can't see why you are trying to cast doubt on the fact that I was suspicious of MT N1 given the few things I did say D1.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

You're saying you thought Murmur's interactions with Foo were especially bad and led you to try and jail her, but you completely drop her after literally the point you say made you suspicious of her becomes relevant with Foo's flip. I don't care what was going on in another game, it's not going to make you completely drop the person you're most suspicious of, vote someone else without explanation, and then respond

kaschei posted:

Why not just advocate lumpenlisting?

when asked about top scumpicks by Ixt. If you were really suspicious of Murmur between Foo's flip and the cop claim, you did zero to express it when there were a crapload of golden opportunities.

Asiina posted:

I had no idea what you meant at all and the second video didn't work in Canada.

Are you planning to start playing again soon zzzz

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Has anyone given an even "oh that's vaguely plausible" explanation of how kaschei could be town and roleblocked N1 when we have verification of where yuming went and know the last scum did the kill?

I'm going to give "3p roleblocker survivor who claimed something else because they thought two blocking roles + 50's replicator sound suspicious setup-wise even though people are totally eating up two town protective roles + 50's replicator without question" as the best hypothetical on the table. Come up with something more plausible~

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Actually, what's the going story with the me as scum theory even? I somehow roleblocked kaschei and killed Ernie N1, then killed Ixt and roleblocked someone without a night action or who also targeted a jailed target N2?

Mafia tipz: When night actions from all the claimed active roles don't add up and everyone agrees there's one scum left, there's probably a scum claiming a night action.

That's kinda the benefit of the massclaim. You guys have used it more like this.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Sorry guys - this weekend was particularly bad for me in terms of being active online. Looking over the game now. Forgive me if I repeat what other people are saying, I'm kind of stream-of-consciousness'ing this post.

I do think it's entirely possible that Kaschei was suspicious of me D1 but not D2 - on D1 I was advocating for Foo, saying I thought he was town, and it probably would have looked to the untrained eye that I was trying to take the heat off of him. On D2, when the thread had died down for a bit, I was at least posting a lot trying to case Pecota, and then I claimed cop (and helped catch yuming in the process).

What I don't get - and this is where Pecota is making sense - is that there's no explanation for how Kaschei targetted me N1 and didn't have it go through. We know there's a jailer in the game because 50 copied the jailing ability, and since (a) Kaschei said it's him and (b) everyone else has claimed a role, the only way for Kaschei to not be the jailer is for two people to be lying.

Night one, yuming targetted 50 (verified by derp) and 50 didn't die, so I don't think she did the kill. If there's such a thing as scum jailer being able to kill/jail when they're the last scum standing (I claim newbie here but it seems plausible), I can totally see Kaschei being the last scum instead of Pecota. I re-looked over N1 claims and, assuming no lies, we have:

Night one:
---
Murmur - cop (targetted Bowmore N1)
Asiina - drag mom (targetted Poque N1)
derp - tracker (targetted yuming N1)
kaschei - jailer (targetted me N1, failed)
50 - copycat (copied Asiina and targetted himself N1)
Bowmore - doctor (targetted 50 N1)
Poque - no targetting abilities
Pecota - no targetting abilities
Ixtlilton - no targetting abilities
yuming - scum rolecop (targetted 50 N1)

And I can't see any way that Kaschei would fail if he targetted me N1. My feeling right now is to lynch Kaschei tonight unless someone can explain that. I do think that scum is either Kaschei or Pecota, but of the two I feel like Kaschei is closer to being caught in a lie, which seems like a good hunch. In the event that Pecota is scum, he has a pretty uphill battle from there even if he "wins" N3.

##vote Kaschei

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Although I did just realize after posting (and I'm certainly not trying to edit posts anymore!) that the items from D1 had abilities, and so those probably need to be re-examined. Did anyone who opened a box besides Poque and Kaschei get anything that did anything?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Murmur Twin posted:

Although I did just realize after posting (and I'm certainly not trying to edit posts anymore!) that the items from D1 had abilities, and so those probably need to be re-examined. Did anyone who opened a box besides Poque and Kaschei get anything that did anything?

Ixt claimed to me that his box had nothing, but he also said he got a PM telling him that it was nothing, which I thought was kinda fishy at the time since the day event said you'd get a PM if your box had an impact.

Pecota why did you give your boon to yuming on D1? This isn't really an accusation but I thought it was a really strange target at the time.

Power of Pecota posted:

Actually, what's the going story with the me as scum theory even? I somehow roleblocked kaschei and killed Ernie N1, then killed Ixt and roleblocked someone without a night action or who also targeted a jailed target N2?

Mafia tipz: When night actions from all the claimed active roles don't add up and everyone agrees there's one scum left, there's probably a scum claiming a night action.

That's kinda the benefit of the massclaim. You guys have used it more like this.

Yeah, without role tomfoolery, Pecota doesn't make sense in a world where there's only one badguy left.

If he were a scum, then kaschei's telling the truth and somebody roleblocked him, but then either Pecota or yuming would've had to kill Ernie and we already know yuming targeted 50. If Pecota was the one who killed Ernie, we still don't know who blocked kaschei. If he's an SK, then it's still the same situation - sure, he could've killed Ernie but then kaschei's block is still unaccounted for.

The only thing I can think of is if somebody is an unclaimed PGO. It's possible that Ernie hit a PGO and yuming tried to kill 50 but was stopped by bowmore. That would allow for a third scum member to throw out a roleblock.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Poque posted:

Pecota why did you give your boon to yuming on D1? This isn't really an accusation but I thought it was a really strange target at the time.

The same reason we signed up for one of the last Hidden Temple games as masons - yuming and I are a pretty sick team when we're both town and we generally agree about stuff.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Power of Pecota posted:

Someone besides me should do it because I'm -1 and expecting a kaschei hammer whenever he gets back in-thread, but just ask 8bux if scum can kill and perform a night action in one night. That shouldn't be left to speculation.

hi I did this. He said he couldn't confirm outright for this game but that it had been allowed in his past games, like Golden Ray.

Power of Pecota posted:

The same reason we signed up for one of the last Hidden Temple games as masons - yuming and I are a pretty sick team when we're both town and we generally agree about stuff.

also i'm totally fine with this, it's exactly what I would do

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Poque posted:

also i'm totally fine with this, it's exactly what I would do

:smugdog::hf::chord:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Okay so I'm fully proceeding with the thought that scum can kill/act in the same night and also that there's only one badguy left.

Virtually cleared:

Asiina: If Asiina's the last badguy, then 50 is telling the truth about jailing her and she couldn't have made the kill. I suppose she could be a juggernaut, but even then somebody would've had to block kaschei on night 1 and being a juggernaut roleblocker is...something. Something weird and stupid. Cleared.

derp: Could be a roleblocker, as he's not cleared via actions. Tracking claim on yuming is an easy one to make if he's a scum partner. If he's scum, though, then kaschei is telling the truth and jailed him, and we still had a kill last night. Like Asiina, he would have to be a juggernaut roleblocker or something, so nope.

Not cleared yet but I wouldn't want to vote today:

Murmur Twin: Possibility for scum in a long con with yuming, as the actions can't really be confirmed aside from tracking or a bad flip. Not cleared, but unlikely. And at this point I'm not voting the claimed cop when the fakeclaimed one was already lynched.

50: It's possible that 50 could simply be a roleblocker and yuming went to make the kill while Ernie killed himself via PGO or he targeted himself to be an rear end. Would have to kill/act in the same night or else Asiina's claim of being blocked on N2 doesn't make sense. If this is the case, though, then derp is telling the truth and yuming targeted him N1, which is a really weird play. Not totally clear, but might as well be.

bowmore: only possibility for bowmore to be a badguy is if he's a Godfather, since Murmur would be telling the truth and her sanity would be clear via Ixt's flip. Tentatively cleared based on Murmur's cop claim.

Options:

Pecota: Was suspicious going into day 3, both with the attempt on D1 to move away from Foo and onto now-Bowmore (why was it important to put him in a tie for vote lead? that whole thing was weird) and with no way to verify his night action claim the PoE comes down hard. Claim of BP isn't a risky one to make at this stage since it was the last claim and the nightvig already died, and if he's the last scum he can be reasonably sure there isn't an SK out there given how broken of a setup that'd be.

BUT then night 1 gets weird. If Pecota is the last scum then derp is telling the truth and yuming visited 50, leaving Pecota to be the only one left to perform the kill on Ernie...unless Ernie (a) is an rear end in a top hat who shot himself or (b) visited some other mystery PGO and got himself killed, and yuming's visit to 50 wasn't a rolecop but was instead a kill attempt stopped by bowmore.

:psyduck:

kaschei: Definite possibility for scum due to issues around the veracity of the claim of being blocked on N1. But if he's the scum, then derp is telling the truth and was jailed N2 and it had to have come from kaschei - so it's another instance of scum having to kill and act in the same night. Still a definite possibility and not cleared.

for it to be kaschei scum would have to act/kill in the same night, which is likely, and also I agree with Pecota that jailing the tracker is weird and bad. For it to be Pecota we'd have to have an explanation for how Ernie died and it seems less likely at this point. ##vote kaschei

also i'll throw myself in there - there's no counterclaim to Ixt's mason partner, and while it's possible I'm a mason/roleblocker, I'm not. sooo

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
that is -1 btw.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Poque posted:

Pecota: Was suspicious going into day 3, both with the attempt on D1 to move away from Foo and onto now-Bowmore (why was it important to put him in a tie for vote lead? that whole thing was weird)

Asiina and Ixtillon both clearly preferred an Uradd vote to Foo but neither were moving to him, even when that would have put him in a tie for the vote lead. Why not act on that preference? I don't think it's the case now, but I still think it was a good catch. People's votes not matching their explanations/their stated preferences not matching their voted preferences is like the A++ best way to catch scum imo.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
ok i guess we can kill kashy, then i will be the ron paul drag king of the game

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Bad lynch don't finish it until I talk.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
##unvote

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Actually gently caress it, let's lynch him. If he is town then either poque, murmur or Pecota are a roleblocker. (Or shady ape is a reverse framer, and bowmore is the roleblocker.)

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

##vote kaschei

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
we already know what shady ape is, it was in the text when Foo flipped. basically the opposite of Asiina's claimed role

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
well let's see what happens. ##vote kaschei

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

kaschei (5): Power of Pecota, bowmore, Murmur Twin, Poque, Poque, 50 pounds of bread, Poque
Power of Pecota (2): Poque, Murmur Twin, uranus, Asiina, Poque, Murmur Twin
Asiina (0): kaschei, kaschei

Not Voting (1): kaschei

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 12th, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 5 hours, 39 minutes.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

kaschei, from the very first day of this competition you've been a trooper, but your version of Hilary Duff in Cadet Kelly for the Snatch Game should have gotten the boot...camp. I'm sorry my dear but we'll never forget your spirit. Now about face soldier and sashay... away.

kaschei (Latrice Royale)...

You know what darling? I can't even hide it anymore. I'm not surprised to see you're not Latrice. I've known since the beginning that you're not Latrice. You just don't have the polish of the other girls Stacey. I held my tongue because you weren't treated well on your season, but when you take actions against the other girls you take actions against me. We're your drag family, and you don't try to hurt your family. I'm sorry my dear, but you must pack your things and go.

kaschei (Stacey Layne Matthews) Booger 3-Shot Jailer sashayed away Episode 3!

My stellar seven. You've done great! It turns out you all are superstars and killer queens! Shantay you ALL stay!

50 pounds of bread (Sharon Needles) Sickening 2-shot Copycat
Asiina (Adore Delano) Sickening Drag Mom(?!?!)
Murmur Twin (Alaska Thunderfuck 5000) Sickening 3-Shot Cop
Poque (Alyssa Edwards) Sickening Mason
Power of Pecota (Ornacia) Sickening 1-Shot Bulletproof
bowmore (Jujubee) Sickening 3-Shot Doctor
and
uranus (Shangela Laquifa Wadley) Sickening 2-Shot Tracker has all shown their fierceness and will have long careers touring weird gay bars and drag clubs for years to come!

Congrats all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
owned

• Locked thread