Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Kheldragar posted:

Do you have a Touhou wallpaper? Of course you do, now share it.

Ok.

What I wouldn't give for Garnet to make some high-res artwork...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

CommissarMega posted:

I said it before, I'll say it again, it's damned criminal Yuugi hsn't been in a fighting game yet.

Yuugi vs Meiling has been a perennial wish of mine, I will admit.

Kind of a pity that Zun hasn't put anyone with a blatant Korea background in, although seeing that anyone from another Asian country (Seiga, Kokoro, Yukari, possibly Miko if you consider his/her educational background) with the exception of Meiling gets Japanese names it might cause an issue.

What do goons think of Gensoukoumuten's works? S/he tends towards rather sappy stuff, but I rather enjoy the worldbuilding and character interaction.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Gensokoumuten is great. He's managed to draw Touhou comics with OCs and not make me mad about it, which is impressive enough, but all his art is really expressive and his world is neat.

My only Touhou wallpaper:

The only one subtle enough to use in my dorm room without feeling weird about it.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

My desktop background is just pure black.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

HellCopter posted:

Gensokoumuten is great. He's managed to draw Touhou comics with OCs and not make me mad about it, which is impressive enough, but all his art is really expressive and his world is neat.

The only one subtle enough to use in my dorm room without feeling weird about it.

Nice.

I have this as my phone screensaver. Tots good.

Oh, does anyone know if Terajin released any doujin? S/he does great art and the cutest goddamned children, but I don't think there've been any stories released.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

HellCopter posted:

Nice. I've recently been using this one by the same guy

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Namtab posted:

Much like your heart.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I was all set to make fun of you guys for having Touhou wallpaper, until I remembered this is my current one:

By U-Joe. More of that here.

Also seconding the praise for Gensokyomouten.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Namtab posted:

So, Rumia, right? :v:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Namtab posted:

I only have photos of natural landscapes. :geno:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

WarpedNaba posted:

Nice.

I have this as my phone screensaver. Tots good.

Oh, does anyone know if Terajin released any doujin? S/he does great art and the cutest goddamned children, but I don't think there've been any stories released.

Is that a Touhou related one or is that just birds?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I can't believe I didn't notice this at all:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50N-zX_mNn0

Probably intentional too.

Artificer posted:

I think they're just birds but they look like the sparrows commonly associated with Mystia.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
I've been using this as my lock screen pic on my phone.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

I'm stealing this right now. Thank you.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Stealing that too.

My current desktop is this

I like to use a lot of this guy's art since he does some spectacular environs.

Troglyfe
Jan 2, 2014
Whenever I come across a nice picture, it goes straight into my wallpaper slideshow folder.

<- my phone background since forever.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Here's the only touhou wallpaper I have, I think it's pretty :shobon:

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

This used to be mine for a while.

My previous one is this:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Did we finally run out of content?

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

Namtab posted:

Did we finally run out of content?

Touhou will never run out of content. :colbert:

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Impossible spell card is out.

Has anyone figured out the trick to sekibanki's first spell card (3-2)?

E: and it has 'cheevos so you can stress about doing really dumb style stuff.

thuly fucked around with this message at 23:46 on May 12, 2014

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

thuly posted:

Impossible spell card is out.

Has anyone figured out the trick to sekibanki's first spell card (3-2)?

Unless you mean the trick to beating it without items, almost any of them will do the trick.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

ProfessorProf posted:

Unless you mean the trick to beating it without items, almost any of them will do the trick.

I can't beat it at all. The head always catches up to me on the second cycle. Best attempt yet was cheesing the umbrella until I ran out of ammo.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,

thuly posted:

I can't beat it at all. The head always catches up to me on the second cycle. Best attempt yet was cheesing the umbrella until I ran out of ammo.

If you run fairly tight unfocused circles around her, you should always be able to stay ahead of it.

Worst case scenario, leave it until you unlock sub-items, and equip the Camera in that slot.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Just circle around the main body a lot. The head's speed is set up so that it never catches up to you if you do. Then it's just a matter of using a cheat item of your choice to avoid her expanding neck bullet thingy and you're golden.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

:toot:

A bit easier than StB or DS, but I still had a bunch of fun with it. Eager to go back in and try some scenes with different item combos. Also ZUN really outdid himself with the music on this one, I like it a whole lot.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
So there's no secret extra day, then?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Nope, there's no Hatate or anything.

Also "a bit easier" is an understatement, the game is significantly easier compared to the other shmups. Where STB and DS required a whole lot of precision in addition to figuring each spell card out, knowing is pretty much 90% of the battle in ISC. Actual precision and reflexes only start figuring into the last two or so days.

Edit: I mean Hatate shows up, but there's no new character just for ISC.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

:toot:

A bit easier than StB or DS, but I still had a bunch of fun with it. Eager to go back in and try some scenes with different item combos. Also ZUN really outdid himself with the music on this one, I like it a whole lot.

Just go for the no item clear on as many as possible for a challenge. I know someone's already done 56 scenes without any.
That congratulations screen seems to say something along the lines of "You have no friends" but heck if I can decipher it.
I really liked the music as well, it's really catchy and kinda...technoey? I don't know how to describe it but it has a good beat to it.

ProfessorProf posted:

So there's no secret extra day, then?

Nope.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
ISC feels like ZUN got bored with the camera concept and just started screwing around with different kinds of puzzle shooters. To get the most out of it, you'll probably have to constantly switch up what items you use.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Yeah to be honest I tanked some of the latter scenes with the substitute jizo and the miracle mallet.

I had a lot of trouble with 10-9 but I ended up doing it with the mallet as my main and the doll as my sub. It was actually really fun and it was satisfying whacking Remilia in the face. :v:

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

How do you even pull that off without Remilia exploding in your face? I just tanked it with the Jizo/Mallet combo.

Honestly though, the mallet is probably my least favorite item. Aside from 10-8 or whatever Tenshi's second spell card is I never really saw any opportunity to use it that wouldn't spell instant death to me. Meanwhile every puzzle that can be solved with the misdirection doll or whatever it's called is absolutely hilarious as your opponent just shoots in the completely wrong direction and you leisurely dodge stray bullets.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
Clearing Machine Gun Spark with the decoy doll is the best comedy in Touhou gameplay history.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

a cartoon duck posted:

How do you even pull that off without Remilia exploding in your face? I just tanked it with the Jizo/Mallet combo.

Honestly though, the mallet is probably my least favorite item. Aside from 10-8 or whatever Tenshi's second spell card is I never really saw any opportunity to use it that wouldn't spell instant death to me. Meanwhile every puzzle that can be solved with the misdirection doll or whatever it's called is absolutely hilarious as your opponent just shoots in the completely wrong direction and you leisurely dodge stray bullets.

Whenever I used the mallet it was mostly to give a good whack before the actual card even started. On most cards it takes away around half the bosses health, which means less time you have to spend dodging. Not useful in all situations, but it was a fun alternative on some stages.

Troglyfe
Jan 2, 2014
Re: the Sekibanki card

I just drew a path like this. With this method you don't even have to dodge any bullets.

In other news, the ghost lantern with the doll sub is basically cheating for a lot of the stages.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

HGH posted:

That congratulations screen seems to say something along the lines of "You have no friends" but heck if I can decipher it.

It says Seija has no friends.

A quick translation posted:

Congratulations! You captured all of the scenes! This is something you should be proud of.

However, now that this is over this girl has lost all her friends. (?)

She's not sad about it though. It's because she's an Amanojaku, so no matter how much time passes she can't make friends…

Seija should go team up with Medicine.

The line I'm not sure about starts with その代償として, which as far as I can tell means "With this payback".

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

All I wanna know is what petty excuse caused everyone of note to go on a massive manhunt for Seija. I mean even Aya had to track people down to piss them off rather than have everyone come to her.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Someone put up a reward notice for capturing her. It doesn't seem to be any of the DDC cast so I'm guessing it's someone from the Touhou Illuminati on day 10.
And since capturing someone apparently doesn't count as a normal fight everyone goes out of their way to cheat.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Artificer posted:

They're part of the Night Sparrow Love story by Mitsumoto Jouji. Mokou and Mystia are just talking and eating and generally enjoying each others company when Mystia's sparrows get bored.

They... recommend different scenarios. Ain't subtle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

BlitzBlast posted:

The line I'm not sure about starts with その代償として, which as far as I can tell means "With this payback".

In this case 代償 would be more like "the price she pays". Here's my take.

Congratulations!
You've cleared every scene!
This is a great accomplishment.

It cost you all of your friends, though.

But hey, don't worry, you'll never make friends as an amanojaku anyway...

Thank you for playing!!

2014 Shanghai Alice Gengakudan