Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

I'm gonna kill you all :madmax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Action-Bastard posted:

98 pounds exactly. Google actually has a conversion table for archaic British weights and measures.

Ya but if you're using dumb measurements the onus shouldn't be on normal people to convert it into non-gibberish.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
how many hogshead is that?

Thesoldier
Aug 15, 2004

Seek not greatness, but instead truth, and you shall find both.

GunForumMeme posted:

Niice. How's the looking to be a detective thing go?

Not enough experience, and not enough rear end kissing.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Hey, we invented the language, it's up to you colonial savages to conform to my standard of English.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
hows that whole british empire thing workin out for you guys :smug:

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Hey, it's a cultural empire now. I hope you are enjoying Piers Morgan and One direction.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
We finally got smart and kicked piers morgan out of the public eye, so you can have him back now and we will keep John Oliver.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Hey, it's a cultural empire now. I hope you are enjoying Piers Morgan and One direction.

only cause we made you break up your actual one :smug::911:

also whip on patrol

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Hey, we've still got the Falklands and...er.. Gibraltar.

At least we gave you all the modern Police force, something you should all be grateful for.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
The sun never sets on the British Empire, as God doesn't trust the British in the dark.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

At least we gave you all the modern Police force, something you should all be grateful for.

Don't forget Diego Garcia!

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
Got old money, could buy a dinosaur

According to most of our media over here we shouldn't be grateful at all for that.

I'm thankful for Kate Middleton, those big rear end hats the guys at Buckingham wear, and Top Gear UK. So thanks... for those.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
What would modern policing look like if America invented it?

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

What would modern policing look like if America invented it?

but really more like

ok actually

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
University campus SWAT teams and County Sheriff Armored divisions?

I'm pretty sure we supply MET officers to Diego Garcia despite the fact it's rented out to you septics.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

SrgMagnum posted:

According to most of our media over here we shouldn't be grateful at all for that.

I'm thankful for Kate Middleton, those big rear end hats the guys at Buckingham wear, and Top Gear UK. So thanks... for those.

there's much better kates to be thankful for

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
kate upton?

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

University campus SWAT teams and County Sheriff Armored divisions?

You mean it'd be the same as it is now then?

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

Branis posted:

kate upton?

not a brit though?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

GunForumMeme posted:

The sun never sets on the British Empire, as God doesn't trust the British in the dark.

There's a Lucas joke in there, somewhere. I'll just wait for it to catch on fire.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

I could get on board with this.

Also, this:

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Mad Dragon posted:

There's a Lucas joke in there, somewhere. I'll just wait for it to catch on fire.

Like any Lucas-made hardware ever ignited...

...because it failed at about 10% of that level. :smith:

<insert "Lucas Replacement Wiring Harness Smoke.jpg" here>

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Very spot on point. I'm part of the original police force which later led to such innovations as the stilitoe tartan checks on vehicles and hats. That's ignoring the gift the empire delivered of tea. The glorious drink that it is.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
didn't you guys have to kill a bunch of chinese people for that tea though?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
sweet iced tea is pretty good but anyone who would drink it hot or whatev is weird and probably gay.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Branis posted:

didn't you guys have to kill a bunch of chinese people for that tea though?

they also hooked the survivors on smack

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Hey, if we want free access to sell smack to your population then you'd better give it to us or we will burn your ports and harbors.

What's that? You aren't happy about it?

Well, we will just have to take Hong Kong as compensation for you complaining about it, thanks.

Thesoldier
Aug 15, 2004

Seek not greatness, but instead truth, and you shall find both.

beanieson posted:

sweet iced tea is pretty good but anyone who would drink it hot or whatev is weird and probably gay.

Tea. Earl Grey. Hot!

Snowdens Secret posted:

ok actually

Sam & Max is probably the most accurate account that I can compare my daily adventures working midnight shift with my current zone partner.

Thesoldier fucked around with this message at 16:20 on May 13, 2014

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
I'm downtown Whip, where you at?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I got punched in the loving ear today. Goddamn does this suck, like throbbing pain, I don't think I'll be able to sleep.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

beanieson posted:

I got punched in the loving ear today. Goddamn does this suck, like throbbing pain, I don't think I'll be able to sleep.

this made my day, thanks for sharing :tipshat:

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
Who punches the crime scene guy?

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Tentacle Party posted:

Who punches the crime scene guy?

His wife? Maybe Bean Acres isn't showing the progress she's expecting?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Drunk ran from a traffic stop & I was in the area. Good times. I have a knack for being right there when poo poo like that happens.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
What's the deal with all the choking going on?? I reluctantly admit I used to live in Boynton Beach.

http://gawker.com/cell-phone-video-shows-police-choking-kicking-6th-grad-1575850680

Also, Cannibal Cop is a prison cook:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/cannibal-cooking-inmates-guards-prison-article-1.1783911

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
I didn't see a chokehold in the first video? Also why are cops getting called for 6th graders minor behavioral issues? Sounds like an issue for the school to handle on their own.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Branis posted:

Also why are cops getting called for 6th graders minor behavioral issues? Sounds like an issue for the school to handle on their own.

We probably get at least one or two "my 8-12-16 year old won't listen to me so 911 come help" calls a night around here. Everyone wants us to be the parents because they don't want to do it. The schools don't really want to deal with it either.

Seriously parents, try spanking your kids.

Untagged fucked around with this message at 06:05 on May 14, 2014

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Untagged posted:

Seriously parents, try spanking your kids.

Pretty surefire way to get the cops called on them, that is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Not sure about my new home state but in PA corporal punishment is still legal. I used to just tell parents that if their kid smarts off just to give them a good smack across the face. :iiam:

• Locked thread