Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Here's an IGN preview clip of Constanteen that makes the man himself sound pretty spot-on awesome but ehhh that woman's acting seems pretty horrific, to me at least.

e: BEATEN BY MINUTES

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 10:34 on May 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone

That's really lame. I want to give the show a chance, but knowing Constantine is going to pronounce his name that way is going to bother the hell out of me.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

goldenoreos posted:

That's really lame. I want to give the show a chance, but knowing Constantine is going to pronounce his name that way is going to bother the hell out of me.
When he is in America they should pronounce it teen, because that's the way 'mericans pronounce it. When he visits England it should be tine.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Needs less CGI and more crappy looking rubber suits... Just like every supernatural show since Buffy ended.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I heard there was going to be a Constantine TV series and I was so excited until realizing that it isn't about Kermit the Frog's evil, mole-sporting double.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Gavok posted:

I heard there was going to be a Constantine TV series and I was so excited until realizing that it isn't about Kermit the Frog's evil, mole-sporting double.

Boy how wrong YOU are! I just don't understand how an American Idol contestant got his own show, much less why we're discussing it in this thread.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Just saw Jonathan Hickman wrote an episode of Da Vinci's Demons, and Googling it, apparently Matt Fraction did one too.
http://t.co/O4lnYKi6tQ

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

BrianWilly posted:

Here's an IGN preview clip of Constanteen that makes the man himself sound pretty spot-on awesome but ehhh that woman's acting seems pretty horrific, to me at least.

e: BEATEN BY MINUTES

Its Constantine so there is a 110% chance she will be dead by the end of the first season.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

bobkatt013 posted:

Its Constantine so there is a 110% chance she will be dead by the end of the first episode.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I would love if the first episodes ends with this popping out and tossing her out a window.

I hope we also get him facing the football hooligan creation.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

bobkatt013 posted:

Its Constantine so there is a 110% chance she will be dead by the end of the first season.

That low?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

There is always a chance that she is still alive and being tortured in hell. This is Constantine we are talking about, the horrors that can happen to his loved ones are endless!

No not those Endless.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Is this really going to be airing on a Friday? Are Fridays no longer death slots or is NBC just saying "good luck new guy" to the show?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Kingtheninja posted:

Is this really going to be airing on a Friday? Are Fridays no longer death slots or is NBC just saying "good luck new guy" to the show?

They're giving it Grimm as a lead-in, which is basically the only thing on their schedule that makes sense to pair it with. Plus Friday on NBC is kind of a safe haven if you're a cult show. Grimm and Hannibal have both made it pretty far (granted, Hannibal has the co-production = cheap thing going for it.)

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 15:49 on May 12, 2014

Thurm
Nov 11, 2008
It's also taking up the slot that Hannibal is on so it seems NBC is making Friday their horror night.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kingtheninja posted:

Being on NBC is a death slot, so being on Fridays is just a matter of degrees at this point.

Plus I have the feeling that they realize the audience they're targeting is *probably* not the type that will watch it live, anyway, so it doesn't matter as much.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Kingtheninja posted:

It's less that Fridays are no longer death slots, and more that every other day of the week is starting to pull Friday numbers on multiple networks. Both ABC and Fox are starting to openly schedule shows on Fridays now as well.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

I would love if the first episodes ends with this popping out and tossing her out a window.

I hope we also get him facing the football hooligan creation.

Invuches are supposed to have their LEGS sewn to their backs! Ugh who's the hack writer of this obviously forgettable story?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Vincent posted:

Invuches are supposed to have their LEGS sewn to their backs! Ugh who's the hack writer of this obviously forgettable story?

No idea its just credited to Original Writer.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
You're joking, but it's from the origin arc, so I'm guessing Jamie Delano.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

jscolon2.0 posted:

No that is from the Swamp Thing run by Original Writer.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

jscolon2.0 posted:

:itisanAlanMoorejoke:

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
So... Hannibal can eat people on Friday nights, but John Constantine can't smoke?

Fwiw, a friend of mine who adores the Keanu film was flabbergasted to find out he wouldnt be smoking in the show. She didnt even know it was based on a comic, but still said "isn't that like a really big part of his character?"

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Tuxedo Jack posted:

So... Hannibal can eat people on Friday nights, but John Constantine can't smoke?

Fwiw, a friend of mine who adores the Keanu film was flabbergasted to find out he wouldnt be smoking in the show. She didnt even know it was based on a comic, but still said "isn't that like a really big part of his character?"

Its all quite logical

Violence - good
Sex - bad
smoking - worse

I have also heard that he will be smoking, it just cant be in the ads.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Last I head was that Goyer was working with NBC on the smoking issue.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

muscles like this? posted:

This was the last I heard as well (probably in this thread). Though I can't help but imagine theyll just kill the issue with a throwaway "oh, no thanks, I quit."

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

muscles like this? posted:

"Tonight, on the season finale of Constantine, episode titled 'Dangerous Habits' - John must reconcile with the discovery that he has lung cancer - FROM SECOND HAND SMOKE!"

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Medullah posted:

"Tonight, on the season finale of Constantine, episode titled 'Dangerous Habits' - John must reconcile with the discovery that he has lung cancer - FROM SECOND HAND SMOKE!"

in the b plot we see football hooligans get ripped apart and put back together as an inhuman beast in excruciating detail. The complaints are about the smoking plot line.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Medullah posted:

I think Goyer might be able to sell NBC on it if they do the cancer story. He smokes, but he's (narratively) punished for it.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone

Gaz-L posted:

I think Goyer might be able to sell NBC on it if they do the cancer story. He smokes, but he's (narratively) punished for it.

I've faced many demons, but the worst demon of them all... is my smoking addiction.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

goldenoreos posted:

I've faced many demons, but the worst demon of them all... is my smoking addiction.

I wonder, can we get Matt Ryan scream-singing "I'm So Excited" in Vision Chick's arms?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

goldenoreos posted:

"All my life I thought I needed to smoke to be cool, but I now realize that being cool isn't about putting yourself at risk of lung cancer, being cool is about having friends that got your back when demons are eating your flesh."

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

"All my life I thought I needed to smoke to be cool, but I now realize that being cool isn't about putting yourself at risk of lung cancer, being cool is about having friends that got your back when demons are eating your flesh."

Then sacrificing those friends to save your own rear end.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

bobkatt013 posted:

Then sacrificing those friends to save your own rear end.

I don't know about you but I'm not risking my life for somebody dumb enough to smoke. "Oh Sure John let me just hold off this demon while you go die of lung cancer like a dumbass."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While they've been pushing the Batman villains the producers of Gotham have announced that they've moved actors Andrew Stewart-Jones (Crispus Allen) and Victoria Cartagena (Renee Montoya) to series regulars. Of course they also upgraded Cory Michael Smith (Edward Nygma) too so there's still that going on

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Very ironically quick peak at the Flash in action at the end of this updated Arrow finale preview. Spoilers for Arrow, obviously.

Full preview for Flash airing right after the Arrow episode.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Oh, wow, I didn't realize Montoya and Allen were even in this.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While this may just be blue skying, it sounds like they're going to market it with the sexier idea that its going to be full of Batman villains but the show is still mostly going to be about the actual cop stuff.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I like Renee, but I'm kind of glad she's in Gotham because it increases the chance of Vic appearing in Arrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I'm excited for Renee but she should be, like, way younger than Bruce Wayne.

FFS they needed to just make Gotham Central or, heck, just make a Batman TV show.