Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

gold or hell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Songs From Anime
Aug 15, 2007

Pham Nuwen posted:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4459939399.html

I guess 93,000 miles means a bit more on a '68 than on something newer... I should resist even looking at it. But 3 on the tree, drat.

FE engines are durable as heck and there's nothing really complicated to go wrong with the truck itself either. I've driven one into the shop with what turned out to be the camshaft broken in half. As long as it isn't rusted out you're probably good to go effectively forever with one of those things. Even if something does break or maintenance has been deferred for years, it'll be cheap and easy to fix anyway.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

What's the deal with the fingers in Craigslist car posts? I see them all the time

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Cacafuego posted:

What's the deal with the fingers in Craigslist car posts? I see them all the time

Obscuring the license plate probably

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
I have a feeling the "no tire kickers" "no lowballers" stuff scares off more potential buyers than the kind of people they are trying to avoid. When I was looking at Rx-7's I hesitated on these kinds of ads because of course I wanted to look at a car and 'kick the tires' before deciding to buy it. I don't think the real jerks have these kinds of worries and just go and gently caress with the seller regardless of what it says in the ad

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Dr.Caligari posted:

I have a feeling the "no tire kickers" "no lowballers" stuff scares off more potential buyers than the kind of people they are trying to avoid. When I was looking at Rx-7's I hesitated on these kinds of ads because of course I wanted to look at a car and 'kick the tires' before deciding to buy it. I don't think the real jerks have these kinds of worries and just go and gently caress with the seller regardless of what it says in the ad

NO SCAMMERS!!!!!!11

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Usually these are all rotted out.

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/pts/4436105444.html

1985 Dodge Omni GLH Turbo - $750 (Kennerdell)

Barn find - very collectible 5 speed GLH Turbo car. It's been garaged but it's not currently running. Car has not been started for many years but motor is tight. Needs new fuel pump and gas tank to be installed (they come with the car). Minimal rust overall - car comes with spare trunk lid and driver door if desired. I do not have a title for this car but it would be an excellent candidate for autocross or parts. The GLH wheels and motor alone are worth my asking price! I can not respond to emails so please call me at EIGHT ONE 4 TREE ATE FIVE SICKS TREE FIVE SEVAN for more information. First to come will buy it.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

atomicthumbs posted:

gold or hell?

He says it's a '97 but drat does it look like a Platinum edition. Hard to tell if the paint is right though as washed out as the photo is. It's worth a look for sure, might just be a bad oil-return pipe seal and a bad vacuum line or something dumb.

Protip: if you do buy it, loving check all the vacuum lines. Every single one. Then replace them all anyway. Don't be an idiot like me and fry your valves because the computer doesn't know when it's running full boost at ludicrous speed.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 04:00 on May 13, 2014

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Terrible Robot posted:

He says it's a '97 but drat does it look like a Platinum edition. Hard to tell if the paint is right though as washed out as the photo is. It's worth a look for sure, might just be a bad oil-return pipe seal and a bad vacuum line or something dumb.

Protip: if you do buy it, loving check all the vacuum lines. Every single one. Then replace them all anyway. Don't be an idiot like me and fry your valves because the computer doesn't know when it's running full boost at ludicrous speed.

And if it is a simple issue, 850 T5s can easily go 500K km with very few major issues.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/4465699668.html

:stare: Actual gold, or scam?

crazzy
Jul 1, 2004
Martial Arts Master

according to hagerty.com that is what these things are going for, that are not in concourse shape.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Didn't even know hagerty was a thing. That's just way less than I've ever seen them for around here. Thanks for the heads-up.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Crosspost from the terrible thread:

I think this is going to make someone angry.

https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/4453925256.html

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
There is no way that induction hood thing is at all functional, right?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Dr.Caligari posted:

There is no way that induction hood thing is at all functional, right?
Well for one if thats functional then he cant open his hood at all. So probably non functional.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

atomicthumbs posted:

gold or hell?

Terrible Robot posted:

Yeah, it really does look like a platinum edition, even has the persus wheels. I thought those were only from 1996, though. I've got one, and it can be a money pit if a bunch of stuff is broken. Very nice car though, they come with (almost) all the factory options.

rarbatrol fucked around with this message at 02:50 on May 14, 2014

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

rarbatrol posted:

Yeah, it really does look like a platinum edition, even has the persus wheels. I thought those were only from 1996, though. I've got one, and it can be a money pit if a bunch of stuff is broken. Very nice car though, they come with (almost) all the factory options.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4459563040.html

they added more photos

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Pham Nuwen posted:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4459939399.html

I guess 93,000 miles means a bit more on a '68 than on something newer... I should resist even looking at it. But 3 on the tree, drat.

Thank god I didn't go buy this, the ad is now listed at $1100 and says: "EDIT: transmission blew... No longer driving. New price $1,100 or best offer. "

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Pham Nuwen posted:

Thank god I didn't go buy this, the ad is now listed at $1100 and says: "EDIT: transmission blew... No longer driving. New price $1,100 or best offer. "

C6s aren't hard to get, especially with the big block bolt pattern. Good opportunity to get the truck for $1k, find a 390 already mated to a good transmission in a junkyard, and stab it in.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Raluek posted:

C6s aren't hard to get, especially with the big block bolt pattern. Good opportunity to get the truck for $1k, find a 390 already mated to a good transmission in a junkyard, and stab it in.

I don't have a good way to get the truck the 25 miles (up and down a big hill, too) to my home, and I don't have a vehicle suitable for hauling an engine + transmission to my house, and I already have a non-functional vehicle blocking my driveway.

It's gotta be working truck or nothing. If I already had a truck to tow this one and haul around an engine, and if I lived somewhere with more space, I'd probably go get it because it is pretty loving cool. But as things stand? Sadly no.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Noeland
Feb 28, 2006
Literal CL gold

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

They're great if you're short; head room in those cars is poo poo.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Nice category

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

To be fair, I only saw it because I made the same mistake in terms of which category I clicked on, but I'm not trying to sell anything.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
While looking for a motorcycle of some sort....

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
What type of women join a small engine repair shops wet t-shirt contest? I am not sure I want to see this can someone do an artists estimation picture?

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Old car got totaled, then stolen, so I went looking around the craigslist, how bad of an idea is this?

quote:

1988 mekur xr4ti turbo
Rwd 2.3 turbo motor 5-speed
White exterior with grey leather interior
Needs a lil tlc runs and drives great fast lil car
Would b good drift or autocross car
These things are getting rare
Good tires and clutch

$1,000

Elephanthead posted:

What type of women join a small engine repair shops wet t-shirt contest? I am not sure I want to see this can someone do an artists estimation picture?

This event sounds like the saddest thing ever.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Elephanthead posted:

razorscooter posted:

A good many of the small engine shops in my area are Amish-owned/operated. *shudder*

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/4469609797.html

This guy is so excited to sell his car! And Manuel will be so happy to see it has a 5 speed!

It just needs a couple of things! Like redoing the interior! And exterior! And the engine!

Farmer Crack-Ass fucked around with this message at 18:23 on May 15, 2014

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/4470496336.html

Just passed DEQ... but needs registration... :raise:

Farmer Crack-Ass fucked around with this message at 18:23 on May 15, 2014

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

This guy is so excited to sell his car! And Manuel will be so happy to see it has a 5 speed!

It just needs a couple of things! Like redoing the interior! And exterior! And the engine!

This is the fate of pretty much every 90s Japanese sports car minus the NSX.

Edit: and the Supra which just gets wrapped around telephone poles.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

razorscooter posted:

Old car got totaled, then stolen, so I went looking around the craigslist, how bad of an idea is this?

Probably a terrible idea, but I love those cars.

DO IT

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.
1972/73 Ford bronco/pinto 4x4 - $8500 (temple/belton)

http://killeen.craigslist.org/cto/4465657985.html

1972/73 Ford bronco/pinto 4x4. frame and running gear is the bronco the body is the pinto. 302 engine built 3yrs ago body is lime green very cool looking catches every bodies eye. new 37" super swamper boggers and black mt 15" wheels. so much new it is to much to list and remember over $20000.00 invested. everything works even the interior light. bill of sale only and sold as is. i am wanting $8500.00 or best offer (obo) or trade for boat of equal value. NO LOW BALL OFFER

No title / cannot drive it on the street (which is the main reason to own this)
I'll take the best offer / I won't take any low offer

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

razorscooter posted:

Yeah... It's being held somewhere around Ft. Hood, so :911: or something.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I saw one of these broken down at the side of the 401 a few months ago. It was a brown wagon.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/4461182840.html

What say you, AI? Is this awesome or a terrible idea?

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

plester1 posted:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/4461182840.html

What say you, AI? Is this awesome or a terrible idea?

That is a good looking Z, but for that price the motor better be drat clean too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I assume the entire floor board is rusted out as usual.