Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBB2bPwKWVg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAH43-XiMCM

When Idiotape starts playing I look around and feel like challenging everyone in Genius.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
The entire album is fantastic. 080509 is probably my favorite. Pick it up if you can.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I saw them live and trust me they did not disappoint. I wish they would tour the US more often!

SMP
May 5, 2009

Bumdidlyumptious is just about done subbing the pilot for some new game show Jinho is a contest on called Crime Scene.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Any idea on what the premise is?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I don't care. She's subbing it, and Jinho's in it.

I'm sorely missing my amazing Korean game shows.

SMP
May 5, 2009

sharktamer posted:

Any idea on what the premise is?

Bumdidlyumptious ‏@Bumdidlyump Apr 23
Jinho is going to be on a new show called "Crime Scene". It sounds similar to The Genius?????

Actually it seems more similar to The Mole. Finding a criminal while doing missions.

Palooka
Mar 13, 2005

MUST...WATCH...ALL...TV

SMP posted:

Jinho is going to be on a new show called "Crime Scene". It sounds similar to The Genius?????

Actually it seems more similar to The Mole. Finding a criminal while doing missions.

Jinho + The Mole?! Holy poo poo, I could not be more excited. Can't wait!

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Anything The Mole-ish is amazing.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
Just letting you guys know that she has the first episode of Crime Scene up on Dailymotion now, links are on her blog. Just about to start watching it myself.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh cool it's Dangan Ronpa: The TV Show

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Only 10 minutes in, but I love that Henry guy already. :allears:

AuxiliaryPatroller
Jul 23, 2007
Jinho stuttering is the best. Good show- not quite Genius Game levels of entertainment, but hopefully next episode has some jaw drop moments.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
It's definitely a slow burn compared to The Genius, but I enjoyed it quite a bit.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

A lot of interesting candidates for who the murderer could be on Crime Scene. I wonder if they'll keep this same cast for following episodes or if the producers are going to have new members for each crime...though that doesn't seem like it would make sense.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
It has to be the driver.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
Are they really going to have 10 episodes of this one crime?

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
I think that it's going to be two episodes per crime, but I haven't seen anything definitive - that's just the impression I get from watching it. There's spots for 10 episodes on Bum's page, so that would fit pretty neatly.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Should theorizing be spoilered for that episode? I'll untag it if not, []I think it was the drunk uncle just based on the the manwha on display, historical action (three kingdoms?) that definitely brought up that critical point on the body. Also think he's got the emotional background for it, being a sad unwilling piece of luggage in his 40s without even a girlfriend, only getting room and food from the only family connection he has left[/]. I hope it's not another case of me thinking too deep and going John rather than Sherlock.

Really enjoyed watching it. If TV featured shows that made viewers think and guess like this and then the Genius I would be happy to pay the TV-license in my country.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 08:15 on May 13, 2014

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

MrLonghair posted:

Should theorizing be spoilered for that episode? I'll untag it if not, I think it was the drunk uncle just based on the the manwha on display, historical action (three kingdoms?) that definitely brought up that critical point on the body. Also think he's got the emotional background for it, being a sad unwilling piece of luggage in his 40s without even a girlfriend, only getting room and food from the only family connection he has left. I hope it's not another case of me thinking too deep and going John rather than Sherlock.

Similar to my line of thinking. Since this is all just speculation, perhaps we can leave it unspoilered, but when it comes to the actual murderer reveal, we could spoil that?

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?
What would be a possible motive for the driver and daughter?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

There was practically nothing on the daughter that I can remember beyond all the merchandise purchases. If she was being cut off because of financial issues, she could have had motive if she could have inherited some $$$. That's one thing about the show, is that to make it a big whodunit, it has to throw out legit possible motives for everyone, which makes it a bit hard to pull together the strings to lock down who it is.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

Knives and Hot Dust posted:

What would be a possible motive for the driver and daughter?

Yeah the driver only makes sense if he killed on another supsects behalf.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Teek posted:

Similar to my line of thinking. Since this is all just speculation, perhaps we can leave it unspoilered, but when it comes to the actual murderer reveal, we could spoil that?

Good call.

Expanding on uncle, I started feeling even more like he's the mastermind but not necessarily the one who dealt the killing blow: He knew what the nurse was doing and pressured her into getting on the life insurance papers, she spoke of being fine with money and tried to shake that trace off so that would have been his own payoff on the death of the old man, his one income. He tried to hide it.

Before the next episode teaser I also picked up that the rooms were window-neighbours in a ground-floor home adding to it, but I can't help but think there'll be a twist and the daughter is behind it. We'll know in the next episode. They've covered most of the tracks but I would have had to ask if there was security camera footage of the uncle picking up the beer, as that would give him enough of an alibi to only be the mastermind and not the killer.

What a lovely mystery. Last time a TV show had me thinking this much was the last Eurovision Song Contest.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Drunkle working with the nurse makes sense. He needs cash, she doesn't, and yeah, it's the only way to explain why the life insurance policy was in his wastebasket. There's also the added motive of the affair/disrespect to his sister.

So it makes sense if:

-Nurse sedates Dad
-Drunkle gets drunk, because killing people is difficult if you're of sound, rational mind
-Drunkle stabs Dad after nurse leaves, while Sis is sleeping on the couch.

This show is great!

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
I feel that having two people involved would make it impossible to win though - they said that the contestants have to have a majority on the criminal, but if it's two people do they have to vote for the actual stabber or for the mastermind?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Darksaber posted:

I feel that having two people involved would make it impossible to win though - they said that the contestants have to have a majority on the criminal, but if it's two people do they have to vote for the actual stabber or for the mastermind?

Maybe they win regardless of who of the guilty they vote for?

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I think it's the uncle. He found out about the life insurance policy going to the nurse and that was the first time that the affairs came to light. He brought it up and then killed his sister's husband.

Honestly, the guy playing the uncle is making a farce of the whole thing during the parts where he is alone. He doesn't have any reason to look for clues and is constantly accusing the people furthest from what actually happened, the Nurse and the Driver. It seems wrong to base conclusions on out of character sections, but he's making it too hard not to.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

What are the odds of the producers giving everybody a free poker face and not telling the actual killer that he or she is the one until later?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MrLonghair posted:

What are the odds of the producers giving everybody a free poker face and not telling the actual killer that he or she is the one until later?

Unlikely. You'd want to give the criminal the knowledge so he can divert suspicion away from him. This is why I think the driver is the killer, he's being the most vocal about blaming someone else.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Rarity posted:

Unlikely. You'd want to give the criminal the knowledge so he can divert suspicion away from him. This is why I think the driver is the killer, he's being the most vocal about blaming someone else.

Fair point, but I more attribute it to the guy himself being a ham, like Gura from The Genius.

As far as having to blame more than one person, I think they're just looking for whoever literally went stabby-stabby. For Drunkle, I can see him blackmailing the nurse with knowledge of the life insurance policy and affair since her employers, current or future, wouldn't be very happy with her boning patients (I make more money from working than I would have from that policy!).

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
My main issue with the uncle reasoning is how would an inebriated - even drunk if we trust the nurse, which we have no reason not to assuming he's the actual culprit - person, in emotional distress, even if he was knowledgeable about the human body (which there's no indication of so far), manage to stab so perfectly? Doesn't seem to make sense to me. Admittedly the uncle is a natural suspect since his actions and relative distance from the whole crime makes him just the kind of perp you see in all manner of criminal fiction, and he has motive and (with windows) opportunity, but I'm not sure he had the means given how the crime went down.

Another thing I've been wondering is, why would the perp press the wound with the towel/bandage/whatever afterwards? It's not like it did any work in concealing the bleeding, and obviously it was no help in stopping it either, not that the murderer would want to do that. And the victim apparently went straight into shock, and certainly didn't manage to alert anyone, so he's unlikely to have done it to try and stem the tide.

One idea I had (which will probably be addressed) is the wife and driver being in on it, knows the daughter usually showers after training, has the driver return and wait outside for the wife's signal after shipping the nurse home. Wife hears daughter go to the shower, even goes to her room to make sure, alerts driver that the coast is clear and has him do it. However, this would be very risky since the drunk brother-in-law is just a door/flimsy wall away. I don't expect it to pan out, but hey.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Insurrectionist posted:

My main issue with the uncle reasoning is

Another thing I've been wondering is, why would the perp press the wound with the towel/bandage/whatever afterwards? It's not like it did any work in concealing the bleeding, and obviously it was no help in stopping it either, not that the murderer would want to do that. And the victim apparently went straight into shock, and certainly didn't manage to alert anyone, so he's unlikely to have done it to try and stem the tide.

I was confused about that too until the producers started dropping their clues. The victim woke up from the stabbing and then went into shook. It's not impossible to imagine that he might have grabbed anything close to him in an attempt to stop the bleeding before he went into shock. As for why the gauze was there in the first place, I have no clue. :shrug:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Insurrectionist posted:

My main issue with the uncle reasoning is how would an inebriated - even drunk if we trust the nurse, which we have no reason not to assuming he's the actual culprit - person, in emotional distress, even if he was knowledgeable about the human body (which there's no indication of so far), manage to stab so perfectly? Doesn't seem to make sense to me. Admittedly the uncle is a natural suspect since his actions and relative distance from the whole crime makes him just the kind of perp you see in all manner of criminal fiction, and he has motive and (with windows) opportunity, but I'm not sure he had the means given how the crime went down.

Nurse marks his neck with a dot using a sharpie or something after she sedates him.

Also, he'd only had 3-4 beers over a two-hour period. He probably wasn't that drunk. This is Korea we're talking about.

quote:

Panic? Wanting to leave as small a bloodstain as possible?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Propaganda Machine posted:

Nurse marks his neck with a dot using a sharpie or something after she sedates him.

This assumes he and the nurse are in it together, which doesn't seem to make too much sense to me. Mostly because the nurse is the prime suspect here, and if the brother-in-law gets away with it she's the one likely to take the fall. I can't see why she'd collaborate with anyone because of that, to be honest. Plus, with all the evidence piled against her, it's obvious she must be innocent! That's crime show law!

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I haven't seen the ep yet, but is this essentially that game show Whodunnit from a few months ago where there's a butler who has contestants solving riddles to sniff out the murderer? What are the mechanics?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I don't think it's possible to work out the murderer from the evidence yet, really. There's still a whole other episode to full, that wouldn't be possible if there weren't a bunch more key clues to reveal.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Argue posted:

I haven't seen the ep yet, but is this essentially that game show Whodunnit from a few months ago where there's a butler who has contestants solving riddles to sniff out the murderer? What are the mechanics?

It's actually like CSI and :donkdonk:, just less CG gore and scifi gadgets, more talking and interrogating, figuring things out. Loose hints are presented to help the players along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Argue posted:

It's less of a game show than Whodunnit, though there is apparently some prize component. It's not really a reality competition type show per se, more of a play where they're in control. They're given a lot of facts and have to suss out the important details. Each of the players randomly picks one of six parts to play in the murder mystery, with their own backstories, alibis and motives. They're then presented with a crime scene which they can explore, and various facts as they interview each other and they have to then identify which one killed the victim. Unlike Whodunnit, the murderer knows they are such from the character card they picked at the beginning. That way they can throw the others off the scent. There's also no eliminations. They're given gold coins at the beginning and based on whether they pick the murderer or avoid being picked, they'll get more coins. If a majority of innocents pick the murderer, they get their gold. If the murderer is not selected, they get the coins of the majority.

I would then assume in the next murder game they play, they may be given the initial coin allotment again. With the victors of the previous game having more total gold.

Teek fucked around with this message at 15:15 on May 13, 2014