Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Sensuki posted:

We only know of the Big Head Mode atm which I believe you collect heads/skull in-game to access.

That seems like a pretty good way to go about unlocking big head mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Hey Ropekid! So what are the limits of soul-power? Just what sort of crazy feats can one do with a really, really powerful soul?

Sensuki
Dec 29, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A MASSIVE ARTISTIC SHITLORD ABOUT VIDEO GAMES.

I AM A TREMENDOUS FIRETRUCK AND MY BURGERS ARE OUT OF CONTROL

:spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin:
This is a bit surprising. Looks like *EVERYBODY* was warned off by the note on the Form and the OE forum thread.

On that note though, Chris Avellone will be happy, as he hates swords.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Sensuki posted:

This is a bit surprising. Looks like *EVERYBODY* was warned off by the note on the Form and the OE forum thread.
What was that?

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

FRINGE posted:

What was that?

Try to include more non-sword items in your form.

Also frog helm :lol:

Sensuki
Dec 29, 2012

:spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin:

FRINGE posted:

What was that?

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/64747-issues-with-npcitem-surveys/page-2#entry1400302

quote:

Items:* Please, if it's at all possible, consider making something that is not a sword. I think we say this in the survey, but I'd like to repeat it here. There are no junk weapon types in Pillars of Eternity. Even daggers and clubs are good weapons. The same applies to armor and shields. Every type has trade-offs, so if you want to make a suit of awesome padded armor, someone will wear it.

Perhaps people misread that as "don't make armor?", I'm not sure.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

Sensuki posted:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/64747-issues-with-npcitem-surveys/page-2#entry1400302

Perhaps people misread that as "don't make armor?", I'm not sure.
Too bad. The world needs more leather armor.

Maybe they will work this into the world where making large metal objects magical is extremely difficult but smaller jewelry can be done more easily..?

Sensuki
Dec 29, 2012

I'm sure there'll still be a fair bit of armor, rope kid et al. will design them instead.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
Today's update is pushed back one day. Also they'll now post them at 10am PST instead of the afternoon, which means us Eurogoons will get to see the update the same day it's published. :allears:

quote:

Dev post by BAdler
Hey, everyone. Tomorrow's update (5/13) is being pushed until Wednesday (5/14). There are a few things that we want to polish before showing off to you guys.

Also of note, we are going to try out posting the update in the morning instead of the afternoon. Look for it around 10:00 AM Pacific Time.

Sensuki posted:

I'm sure there'll still be a fair bit of armor, rope kid et al. will design them instead.

Yeah, pretty sure they asked the community to hold off on those because they have them covered and also maybe because more crazy stuff can come from not-armor and not-swords. "Crowd-designing" those is the way to go, it'll be more varied.

Furism fucked around with this message at 11:56 on May 13, 2014

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Does that mean we're getting a video? Showing off doesn't sound like the traditional written update, especially as it was due to be on priests and chanters.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

CottonWolf posted:

Does that mean we're getting a video? Showing off doesn't sound like the traditional written update, especially as it was due to be on priests and chanters.

Might just be assets/screenshots they're showing.

Sensuki
Dec 29, 2012

Most likely character portraits, if the last two class updates are anything to go by.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Sensuki posted:

On that note though, Chris Avellone will be happy, as he hates swords.

Agreed.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Counterpoint: zweihanders.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
You can take my claymore from my cold, dead hands.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Make a warhammer thats actually a sword being gripped by the blade.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Furism posted:

Yeah, pretty sure they asked the community to hold off on those because they have them covered and also maybe because more crazy stuff can come from not-armor and not-swords. "Crowd-designing" those is the way to go, it'll be more varied.
I already designed two uniques for every weapon type, but I was more concerned with trying to differentiate and distribute 40+ swords that were all creator-described as being "the best weapon in the game". Thankfully, backers designed a variety of items at different power levels, which allows us to fill a lot of gaps pretty easily.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
GIANT ANIME SWORD! :shepspends:

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY
is one of the three swords a gun-sword

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Is it unreasonable to hope that the Frog Helm is the legendary Frog Helm of Banishment?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

xthetenth posted:

Is it unreasonable to hope that the Frog Helm is the legendary Frog Helm of Banishment?

Or perhaps the Frog Helm of Invitation?

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

I laugh every time I see our frog helm.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

rope kid posted:

I laugh every time I see our frog helm.

Please let there be a frog frog helm

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Please include the frog helm in tomorrow's update.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
Does the frog helm talk? It should yell at people to "get out".

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

HotCanadianChick posted:

Does the frog helm talk? It should yell at people to "get out".

Subtle.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

coffeetable posted:

is one of the three swords a gun-sword

One sword should be the one from Sword and the Sorcerer, which shoots two of its three blades. A sword that shoots swords.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Lotish posted:

One sword should be the one from Sword and the Sorcerer, which shoots two of its three blades. A sword that shoots swords.
The guys who compiled the Encyclopedia Magica effectively made that into an AD&D sword (see: Tri-Entity).

http://theillusion.wordpress.com/weaponsitems/regalia-of-darkness/the-sword-of-domination/

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

I think it would be a pretty good in-game reference.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

HotCanadianChick posted:

I think it would be a pretty good in-game reference.

Oh don't get me wrong, I totally agree.

xthetenth posted:

100% agree with you.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
Frog helm should have a huge Charisma bonus to the opposite sex. Obviously.

:frog:

Sensuki
Dec 29, 2012

Except there's no Charisma here ;)

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
Special item-enabled dialogue options!

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
There clearly should be separate reputations for the Player Character and the Mysterious Frog-Knight.

:rms:

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

The :frog: helm should smell like dogs.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

Disco Infiva posted:

The :frog: helm should smell like dogs.
:crossarms:

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

:colbert:

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
I don't like where this is going.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I really don't see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Thank god an update is coming tomorrow and we can can be saved from more of this.

• Locked thread