Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

crackage posted:

I'm pretty sure every member of the IWC will blame the WWE for being a mess a year from now when people can choose to forget that Bryans injury probably hosed up 75% of their plans for the entire roster.

How is it not their fault if they, yet again, failed to plan for one of their top stars going out when this has happened to them twice (Cena's injury, Punk's tantrum) in the last seven months? They still have a floundering midcard and their best prospect for the upper card is Kane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Mantits
Oct 6, 2009

Onmi posted:

You know I had about 4 paragraphs of answer and I decided to keep this short and sweet. Because he's the heel, it's the job of the evil heel to lose and if he runs over Cena he's literally got no competition left because he beat the 4 other top faces in the company. He did sort of beat The Shield and Bryan decisively. There's no could about this, Bray is ALREADY a top heel, when he loses the LMS, he will remain a top heel.

See, I don't agree that Bray is already the top heel. He's one of my favorite guys but he's not nearly established enough for that to be true. He's only had 2 bullshit-free, legitimate wins over anyone important since his debut, and in terms of card position the Wyatts are still trumped by the Authority.

I know it's the heel's job to lose, but for that to mean anything the heel also needs to be a threat. Ever since this Cena feud started Wyatt has looked totally inept; at this point, when Cena wins it won't matter, because he'll have beaten someone who couldn't win even with a three-on-one advantage.

If Cena were a more likable character, and if the Wyatts could actually gain something from feuding with him even if they didn't win, I'd be fine with the feud. But ever since the word go it's been the standard Cena Mary Sue bullshit and I'm just really, really frustrated with that fact.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I can't say this enough-- if they had any guts/brains, they would be pushing Kane as "the guy that put CM Punk through a table so hard it ended his WWE career."
I think they're avoiding burning bridges with Punk, because yeah, how do you not use "Kane dragged CM Punk away at the Rumble and nobody's seen Punk since then"?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Onmi posted:

I actually changed my mind, Bray should totally win, so at the next PPV they can have an I quit match and Bray Wyatt has to say "I quit" and utterly kill his character. Even if he won 10 straight matches against Cena, the end result if this keeps going is I quit, and I get giddy now thinking about it. All that suffering...

Ug, don't say the wordS Bray and I Quit Match in the same sentence, I've been dreading the possibility of people suggesting it because they think Bray should be THE MAN WHO MADE CENA QUIT.

I seriously think that if PSP was booking wwe the heels would win every match because they can't seem to stand faces winning other than The Shield and they constantly want their favorite to turn heel even when it makes no sense.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Psycho Mantits posted:

See, I don't agree that Bray is already the top heel. He's one of my favorite guys but he's not nearly established enough for that to be true. He's only had 2 bullshit-free, legitimate wins over anyone important since his debut, and in terms of card position the Wyatts are still trumped by the Authority.

I know it's the heel's job to lose, but for that to mean anything the heel also needs to be a threat. Ever since this Cena feud started Wyatt has looked totally inept; at this point, when Cena wins it won't matter, because he'll have beaten someone who couldn't win even with a three-on-one advantage.

If Cena were a more likable character, and if the Wyatts could actually gain something from feuding with him even if they didn't win, I'd be fine with the feud. But ever since the word go it's been the standard Cena Mary Sue bullshit and I'm just really, really frustrated with that fact.

See but that's just you being wrong. He IS the top heel, because the only people higher than him is Triple H, who's a part timer, and Brock Lesnar, who's a part timer. Who's left? Orton? Orton's a jobby little bitch. Bray ran rough over the entire roster and beat the Numbers 2-5 faces in a matter of months. Now he's going against the No.1 face, who you don't like because you don't like his character, and you don't think Wyatt will gain anything from FACING THE NO.1 BABY FACE IN A MATCH THAT HE'S NEVER HAD BAD.

You can talk about how the second match of the feud was lovely and how the build to it made no sense, I have at length, but to go "Bray isn't a top heel, the top heel who's there on a permanent basis, and he'll get nothing out of having one of the best matches of his career with the No.1 Baby Face In the Company, Nay in WRESTLING RIGHT NOW. And by losing this match he's going to be buried as a character" You're delusional at that point.

Also "Mary Sue Bullshit" I would tell you to actually watch what happened in the build to wrestlemania and the actual wrestlemania match but I know you couldn't oh so possibly stomach that again. So instead, feel free to wallow in your hate.

Sanguinia posted:

Ug, don't say the wordS Bray and I Quit Match in the same sentence, I've been dreading the possibility of people suggesting it because they think Bray should be THE MAN WHO MADE CENA QUIT.

I seriously think that if PSP was booking wwe the heels would win every match because they can't seem to stand faces winning other than The Shield and they constantly want their favorite to turn heel even when it makes no sense.

No, a Bray/Cena I Quit match will always end with Bray quitting, and as JBL once famously said "Making a man say I quit means you own his soul" And if Bray wins the LMS they are most certainly going to go to I Quit. And again, Bray could beat Cena clean in 10 straight matches he moment he says I Quit it will do more damage to him than if the feud simply ended at Payback.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 20:49 on May 13, 2014

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Go Cowboys is a good thing to think, oatgan.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

yea ok posted:

Go Cowboys is a good thing to think, oatgan.

What if he meant Oklahoma state

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Best case scenario is Bray won't quit unless Cena goes completely apeshit and beats him within an inch of his life with a chair or something, Cena wins the match but loses the moral victory; that makes them both look strong, since it was the original point of this feud, and you could build that to a kind of "Cena is shaken by his darkness and needs to find the light" storyline where he's still technically a face but he's dealing with some poo poo. Maybe have him perpetually on the edge of turning heel in this period, and then he redeems himself by beating Wyatt clean without compromising his ideals at the next pay per view or something.

I don't see how you can end the feud here logically, as retarded as it's become. If they just end it with either Cena defying the odds or Bray somehow making Cena quit it really does nothing for either character and makes the whole thing seem pointless.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I think that this Last Man Standing match will be the end of Bray/Cena feud, only by the virtue of next PPV being Money In The Bank and I'm fully expecting Bray to be part of a Ladder Match. Maybe they continue the feud and have Cena be part of the match as well (fantasy booking I know but a MitB ladder match consisting of Cena, Wyatt Family, SHIELD and Orton representing Evolution could be cool).

Also someone mentioned it last night but if Bryan does have to vacate the title, putting it up for grabs in a multiple man Ladder match at MitB could be a way to ensure that there remains two MitB matches on the card.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

schweens posted:

i refuse to bolieve

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
I could see Bray winning an I Quit against Cena if the match ends similar to how Flair and Foley's I Quit match ended, by having him threaten to Sister Abigail Lil' Johnny* through a table or something. It gives Cena a legitimate reason to stop the match that people would sympathize with, and it gives Bray both the win AND a neverending evil image.

*Not to say that I want more Lil' Johnny in this feud, because I don't.)

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Baby Babbeh posted:

Best case scenario is Bray won't quit unless Cena goes completely apeshit and beats him within an inch of his life with a chair or something, Cena wins the match but loses the moral victory; that makes them both look strong, since it was the original point of this feud, and you could build that to a kind of "Cena is shaken by his darkness and needs to find the light" storyline where he's still technically a face but he's dealing with some poo poo. Maybe have him perpetually on the edge of turning heel in this period, and then he redeems himself by beating Wyatt clean without compromising his ideals at the next pay per view or something.

I don't see how you can end the feud here logically, as retarded as it's become. If they just end it with either Cena defying the odds or Bray somehow making Cena quit it really does nothing for either character and makes the whole thing seem pointless.

By doing the ending you just said for I Quit but with Last Man Standing, which works better because it's Bray being unable to go down for 10, so Cena just wails on him until he's dead, finally keeping Bray down for a 10 but in winning the battle he loses the war AND Bray doesn't have to say "I Quit"

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Bray dragging a (planted) Make a Wish Kid over the railing, complete with their Cena cap coming off to reveal a bald chemo scalp, and threatening to Sister Abigail them through a table if Cena doesn't quit would be peak wrestling in so many ways. It's exactly the kind of mix of brilliant and idiotic that WWE loves.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

I hope there's a vignette where Bryan is told how long he has to be out of action and the time is delivered by BNB.

Also, they had to shave his beard for surgery.

Air vignettes of Stephanie/HHH visiting Bryan in the hospital and putting on motivational movies he can't look away. Bryan returns as All-Business Dragon.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

fatherdog posted:

Bray dragging a (planted) Make a Wish Kid over the railing, complete with their Cena cap coming off to reveal a bald chemo scalp, and threatening to Sister Abigail them through a table if Cena doesn't quit would be peak wrestling in so many ways. It's exactly the kind of mix of brilliant and idiotic that WWE loves.

That seems to be the logical conclusion to a Cena/Wyatt I Quit match with the way things are going.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

crackage posted:

I'm pretty sure every member of the IWC will blame the WWE for being a mess a year from now when people can choose to forget that Bryans injury probably hosed up 75% of their plans for the entire roster.

All of those people are idiots to think the WWE ever has plans. When they do have plans, they're awful and change daily. Daniel Bryan's success has never been something they planned for or helped, so him loving up their plans probably only helps him.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Tato posted:

All of those people are idiots to think the WWE ever has plans. When they do have plans, they're awful and change daily. Daniel Bryan's success has never been something they planned for or helped, so him loving up their plans probably only helps him.

They have plans, just as someone famous once said "No plan survives contact with the enemy" the enemy being reality.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

schweens posted:

yea ok posted:

i refuse to bolieve

I'm afraid I've got some bad news #BNB

Psycho Mantits
Oct 6, 2009

Onmi posted:

See but that's just you being wrong. He IS the top heel, because the only people higher than him is Triple H, who's a part timer, and Brock Lesnar, who's a part timer. Who's left? Orton? Orton's a jobby little bitch. Bray ran rough over the entire roster and beat the Numbers 2-5 faces in a matter of months. Now he's going against the No.1 face, who you don't like because you don't like his character, and you don't think Wyatt will gain anything from FACING THE NO.1 BABY FACE IN A MATCH THAT HE'S NEVER HAD BAD.

You can talk about how the second match of the feud was lovely and how the build to it made no sense, I have at length, but to go "Bray isn't a top heel, the top heel who's there on a permanent basis, and he'll get nothing out of having one of the best matches of his career with the No.1 Baby Face In the Company, Nay in WRESTLING RIGHT NOW. And by losing this match he's going to be buried as a character" You're delusional at that point.

Also "Mary Sue Bullshit" I would tell you to actually watch what happened in the build to wrestlemania and the actual wrestlemania match but I know you couldn't oh so possibly stomach that again. So instead, feel free to wallow in your hate.

Well, thanks for being civil at least, goddamn.

Like I said, my main issue with the feud thus far is that the Wyatt Family hasn't really looked like a legitimate threat against Cena. Whether the matches with Bray are competitive or not doesn't change the fact that Cena has fended off attacks from all three guys repeatedly, oftentimes during said matches. He took them all out and won clean at Mania and almost did the same thing in both the handicap match leading up to Extreme Rules and at the event itself. This, to me, is completely backwards booking. Where's the drama in any of that? If Cena can beat down the entire family over the course of a single match, why would that make me want to see him get his hands on Bray in future matches?

People have brought up the Cena/Umaga Last Man Standing match as a counterpoint to this one, but you know why that match and feud worked? Because Cena barely squeaked out a win against Umaga in a singles match and had to become an unhinged animal to beat him in the LMS. Cena's character actually faced some legitimate hardship and was a lot more interesting as a result. If they actually went that route for this feud that would be one thing, but they haven't. They could still go that route and who knows, it might actually salvage the feud for me.

There, I'm done "wallowing in my hate" as you put it. Strange, I don't feel particularly enraged.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Whether or not Wyatt is the top heel, I am still baffled WWE put him out there to lose against Cena again and it wasn't even the main event of the show.

Can anyone explain how that's a good way to build up the PPV?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Just put the WWEWHC on Cesaro next week, he and Heyman can wrestle and talk well enough they can make it all work. More Shield and Wyatts trios, Batista can go sit in the corner and think about his choices, Zayn becomes Bryan, it's all fixed.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

triplexpac posted:

Whether or not Wyatt is the top heel, I am still baffled WWE put him out there to lose against Cena again and it wasn't even the main event of the show.

Can anyone explain how that's a good way to build up the PPV?

Bray didn't lose. Rowan got pinned.

It's kind of like Heath Slater and Anyone Heath Slater Tags With.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Great White Hope posted:

Alright then.

Who would you choose for Bryan to feud with then? You have to pick a heel, and you can't pick Bray Wyatt or a member of Evolution. Go.

The lack of options is only a problem because they didn't build anybody up, because they don't give storylines to anybody other than the very top guys.

What the hell is Sheamus doing? Him and Bryan have a history.... I would think that a Bryan/Sheamus feud would be better than Bryan/Kane,

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WE DID IT

WE MADE IT

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

WrasslorMonkey posted:

I was stuck in interviews all day yesterday so I just got done watching RAW. All I have to say is

Are you hiring to prepare for the expansion of your wrestling gif empire

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Rusev is going to put JTG through five tables next week

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I laughed when someone here said that Big E was next because WWE is going to have him beat up every black person but here we are

Honestly didn't see that being where they were going to take it

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Rusev is going to put JTG through five tables next week

that would require Vince remember that he exists. and that he isn't instantly fired when he is found.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

He's got to have dirt on someone in management. He has to.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Raw Viewership for 5/12

8pm: 3.810
9pm: 4.251
10pm: 3.957

Avg: 4.006

Down a decent amount from last week. The third hour has been strongest the last few weeks.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Daniel Bryan posted:

Raw Viewership for 5/12

Down a decent amount from last week. The third hour has been strongest the last few weeks.

People probably fell asleep.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Sweeney Tom posted:

WE DID IT

WE MADE IT

Weird, my counter is 4 hours behind. I'm at 364/19

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
So Bryan gets "injured" right as ratings go into their usual post-WM slump, and I'm sure he'll be back just in time to take credit for the growth around the SummerSlam build. :rolleyes:

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

The Landstander posted:

So Bryan gets "injured" right as ratings go into their usual post-WM slump, and I'm sure he'll be back just in time to take credit for the growth around the SummerSlam build. :rolleyes:

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Chokes McGee posted:

He's got to have dirt on someone in management. He has to.

Does this mean JTG has survived longer than Funaki did?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dr.Smasher posted:

Does this mean JTG has survived longer than Funaki did?

Funaki: March 1998 - April 2010. 12 years

JTG: Oct 2006 - Sept 2007, March 2008 - now. 8 years.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Daniel Bryan posted:

Raw Viewership for 5/12

The NBA playoff game against most of it with LeBron got 5.54 million. The NHL playoff game against most of it got 1.607 million (and a Canadian team was involved).

Only about another month or so until they don't have the playoffs excuse anymore

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Has there been any notion going around about the tv negotiations?

I know NBCU announces on Thursday so if they are staying put, the deal would already be done. If they were going with another station provider, then we should have an idea that NBC is over.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sweeney Tom posted:

WE DID IT

WE MADE IT

Wait, that can't be right, he debuted on WWE TV more than 7 years ago and was in developmental before that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Vertical Lime posted:

The NBA playoff game against most of it with LeBron got 5.54 million. The NHL playoff game against most of it got 1.607 million (and a Canadian team was involved).

Only about another month or so until they don't have the playoffs excuse anymore

The Blazers game :colbert:

• Locked thread