Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
And the show will be called: Glee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuna_Fish_Odyssey
May 15, 2013

SpazmasterX posted:

And the show will be called: Glee.

I was just thinking this same thing. Would they really pull something that dumb?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/04/naya-rivera-glee-banned-set-written-off-two-episodes-fox-show/

Talk of the town is that Naya has been a mess for a long time and is now BANNED from Fox studios. Tonight is her last episode.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

the truth posted:

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/04/naya-rivera-glee-banned-set-written-off-two-episodes-fox-show/

Talk of the town is that Naya has been a mess for a long time and is now BANNED from Fox studios. Tonight is her last episode.

the truth posted:

Or, depending on which rumors you believe, Rivera erupted because Michele banged her fiancé.

Also, supposedly Colfer and Michele were conspiring to have Criss fired and almost succeeded.

Tuna_Fish_Odyssey
May 15, 2013
Also, apparently one of the producers in the audition scene is Geri from The Facts of Life. drat.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Naya was in the previews for the next episode, so who knows.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Barry Convex posted:

Or, depending on which rumors you believe, Rivera erupted because Michele banged her fiancé.

Also, supposedly Colfer and Michele were conspiring to have Criss fired and almost succeeded.

Art imitates Life imitates Musical Soap Opera.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Barry Convex posted:

The behind the scenes drama has become way more entertaining than the actual show at this point. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long for the E! special where all the dirty laundry gets aired.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

the truth posted:

Naya was in the previews for the next episode, so who knows.

That radar online article is the first one I've heard say she was cut from two episodes. Everywhere else says she's just cut from the finale.

smg77 posted:

The behind the scenes drama has become way more entertaining than the actual show at this point. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long for the E! special where all the dirty laundry gets aired.

By god, someone is going to publish a tell-all. There were too many people in that cast with potential axes to grind to NOT get a tell-all from someone.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
What?! Kurt turned on Blaine? I mean, Kurt turned on Darren!?

Wow, any Glee reunion is going to be a massive clusterfuck. I can't wait.

Tuna_Fish_Odyssey
May 15, 2013
Honestly, I'd be willing to bet that most of the rumors are tempests in teapots. It just so happens that because Glee falls into the crosshairs of the Radar Online/Perez Hilton demographic that any of the day to day disagreements or arguments that happen in any given professional situation become celeb clickbait.

Although a tell all from any cast member would probly be juicy as gently caress.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008
Well poo poo, I'm reading articles saying she wasn't fired. There is still hope!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2014/04/29/naya-rivera-glee/8491733/

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

abaddonis posted:

Well poo poo, I'm reading articles saying she wasn't fired. There is still hope!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2014/04/29/naya-rivera-glee/8491733/

I honestly hope she wasn't, because between that, her label supposedly shelving her album and dropping her entirely, and Big Sean's people calling her hella crazy left and right post-breakup, things would really not be looking so good for her post-Glee career.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
All of this behind-the-scenes drama is pretty entertaining until you realize that nothing like this really happened (or at least came to light) before this season, and you start thinking that maybe Cory had a big hand in keeping all of these big crazy egos from murdering each other. He was like a big, friendly Canadian lid to Ryan Murphy's Pandora's box, and now that he's gone, all the evils are escaping to torment mankind. :smith:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
So he was Finn irl?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Music for the next episode, written by Chris Colfer, is out...and I must say, if these are the songs he picks then he can go ahead and write as many episodes as he wants~

I Melt with You -Ensemble
Lucky Star -Kurt and guest stars
Memory -Kurt and guest stars
:3: Take Me Home Tonight -Ensemble
Werewolves of London -Sam and Artie

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

BrianWilly posted:

Music for the next episode, written by Chris Colfer, is out...and I must say, if these are the songs he picks then he can go ahead and write as many episodes as he wants~

I Melt with You -Ensemble
Lucky Star -Kurt and guest stars
Memory -Kurt and guest stars
:3: Take Me Home Tonight -Ensemble
Werewolves of London -Sam and Artie

I must admit that last one is rather nice, though that may be my Zevon bias coming out.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Wow, leave the thread for a coupla weeks and look what happens :stare:

If Santana is out of the picture coz Naya is cray cray then I hope the character at least gets some kind of resolution and closure to her arc. It would suck for her to just fade out :ohdear:

Tuna_Fish_Odyssey
May 15, 2013
Been re-watching the show on Netflix, and I wonder, has there ever been a show with this many abandoned characters/plotlines? I mean, Molly Shannon was on this show at one point.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Whoever this blonde chick they got to replace Naya is, the resemblance is uncanny.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

That episode sucked! Holy crap. Was the b-movie Chris Colfer wrote this bad?

AnimeJune
Dec 3, 2007

"We're dead. Bartowski's got a gun."

the truth posted:

That episode sucked! Holy crap. Was the b-movie Chris Colfer wrote this bad?
.....well, his Middle Grade novel "The Land of Stories" certainly was that bad. Which kind of sucks because he's apparently been working on it since he was ten - I watched him give a speech on it at Book Expo America.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Are we seriously at the point where we're bashing books written for literal ten year-old kids...oh who am I kidding, of course we are.

Eh, Colfer vastly overestimates how much anyone cares about old people with this episode, but every part with the puppies and with Sam and Mercedes was fantastic. :3:

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
Sam has really grown on me during this season and I'm happy they brought him back to utilize him properly. Everything he did tonight was super cute.

That said, the direction of Blaine's character has been terrible. I don't even care really if they're going to break up Klaine again and have it be Blaine's fault because apparently it's always his fault *sigh*.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Well from the rumor stuff earlier in thread, someone mentioned that Kurt and Rachel's actors were trying to get rid of Blaine's actor for reasons?

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Error 404 posted:

Well from the rumor stuff earlier in thread, someone mentioned that Kurt and Rachel's actors were trying to get rid of Blaine's actor for reasons?

Probably not a factor, if even true. Chris Colfer has usually seemed generally less-than-enthused by Kurt/Blaine getting engaged or having lots of storylines that revolve around being a couple and whatnot, but even that's probably not much of a factor in whatever happens next week.

Based on what Ryan Murphy's said about the final season and next week's episode preview, I'd guess the following:
* Kurt and Blaine break up, so do Sam and Mercedes
* Rachel moves to LA to be a tv star
* Episode ends with everyone basically splintering apart to grow into their own lives
* Final season is presumably about reunions or whatever after some time has passed.

It's hard to even guess at what'll happen in S6 since the only characters we know concretely are returning with major roles are Rachel, Sam, and Blaine.

AnimeJune
Dec 3, 2007

"We're dead. Bartowski's got a gun."

BrianWilly posted:

Are we seriously at the point where we're bashing books written for literal ten year-old kids...oh who am I kidding, of course we are.
I write, edit, and review children's novels so I'd disagree with you on the idea that stuff written for children must needs be stupid because children are stupid. I was a child when I saw Shaquille O'Neal's Kazaam and being 10 years old didn't prevent me from thinking that movie was a piece of poo poo. Just sayin'.

quote:

Eh, Colfer vastly overestimates how much anyone cares about old people with this episode, but every part with the puppies and with Sam and Mercedes was fantastic. :3:
I did enjoy the puppies. But the scene with the dead woman in the Peter Pan harness gave me the willies.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Is there a reason why Santana was suddenly blonde and super skinny?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

She's allegedly crazy irl and also got dumped by her fiance.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Next year we won't have to suffer any more Glee episodes until midseason :toot:

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Rarity posted:

Next year we won't have to suffer any more Glee episodes until midseason :toot:

We also won't have to suffer through a full 22 episode season.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

In which Kevin Reilly wonders if one episode constitutes a season

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
Good. I'd rather have 1, 5, or 13 well-produced episodes (by Glee standards) than suffer through 22 episodes in varying degrees of filler and decent episodes just to make the cut.

I'm also okay with them canceling after tonight. Really! It's cool guys!

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I, too, wonder why Jesus looks like a white guy.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Glee season finale pulled a 0.6 :lol:

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
I'm not sure where they can even go with this. So we're moving to Los Angeles with Rachel being a BIG TIME tv star and not having any consequences of her decisions. Kurt and Blaine are probably going to get married.

What about Sam? His arc this season was the most interesting that I hope he comes back :(

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Well, it looks a little like he's gonna go full tilt Finn and restart the glee club at McKinley. :catstare:

Yeah, him and Mercedes were the best parts of these last couple episodes. I ironically have more hope for those two than for the only actual couple that are together right now, aka Kurt and Blaine. Didn't like Kurt and Blaine in this episode. It feels like they think they're making all these big developments and learning a lot but ultimately are just repeating the same mistakes. Also I'm never forgiving Kurt for wasting that lunch he bought.

A slightly shortened season next year makes me sad, but I can't pretend there haven't been episodes or storylines through all the seasons where I've been like "Well this definitely didn't need to exist."

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
I will say that I did like at the end of the episode... Blaine moves back in with Kurt and Blaine got his desk area. :3:

Grant Gusten's new show ("THE FLASH") looks really good. Glad to see that he got off Glee and is off to something bigger and better!

radlum
May 13, 2013
Dammit, watching Jim Rash on Glee has made me sadder about Community; I hope he gets a good job soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Hello friends and non-friends, how are you all enjoying the longest hiatus this show has ever seen or will ever see again? Has your soul not ever known such joy and elation in many such years? Well as life moves on all around us, allow me to darken your spirits again with some current Glee news!

...which is not much Glee news at all. Ryan Murphy's HBO film about the AIDS epidemic, The Normal Heart starring Blaine's brother and the Hulk, is out now and I hear it's quite good. It will probably make you really angry and sad though, and not in the way that Glee does.

More pertinently, Chris Colfer is gonna star in a Noel Coward biopic with Magneto, which is pretty amazing, except that he apparently will be filming this film right around the time that Lea Michele has mentioned Glee will start filming its final season, which is later in the summer. Draw your own excited conclusions about what this means for Kurt, at least at the beginning of s6.

More more pertinently, Fox CEO Kevin Reilly has left Fox. If you'll pretend to recall, he was the guy at the upfronts who gave all the news about the shortened sixth season. He's also a guy who's had some fairly vivid disagreements with Ryan Murphy on their vision for this show. Let it sink in that he was someone who really didn't like the tone of the early 3rd season and wanted the show to get back to doing more pop hits all the time. Which pretty much happened.

What does his leaving mean for Glee? Maybe nothing, at this point. The actors' and crew's schedules are already set and, unless they run over the usual filming schedule, there's not much chance of a full 22-episode season. Heck, if anything, Reilly leaving might actually be bad news for Glee since it was as much "his" show, one of "his" projects as envisioned during his tenure, as it was any of the actual showrunners'. Certainly he had a not-insignificant hand in its direction and tone.

But that also means that RyMurphs and the Murphinators would actually be less constrained by Reilly's vision for the sixth season than they were before. Without knowing a ton of specifics about the s6 plot, all this might mean is less poppy radio hits. Or it might mean more! Who the fuk knows.

• Locked thread