Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

origami posted:

At least nobody expects Brown to wrestle

Matt Brown’s New-Found Love Of Wrestling Turned Career Around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
If I can't be sure Coleman is going to wrestle I sure as poo poo can't be confident in Brown doing so

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Earlier I said Im not saying bet on Brown, now i am saying bet on Brown. Bet on Brown. Bet on MMA.

JuanGoat
Nov 6, 2009
You guys are right, I should put more money on Matt Brown.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

JuanGoat posted:

You guys are right, I should put more money on Matt Brown.

$64 on Matt Brown winning after 2:30 of the second round. Good work.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Bundt Cake posted:

Earlier I said Im not saying bet on Brown, now i am saying bet on Brown. Bet on Brown. Bet on MMA.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

I have also placed thirty English pounds on Matt "I'm mortal" Brown. With a consensus like this, it's quite literally IMPOSSIBLE for him to lose.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

5 on Brown, 5 on Brown/Cruickshank

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Marching Powder posted:

matt brown is in my 25 dollar parlay

hahaha i am poo poo rip eddie wineland

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

$64 on Matt Brown winning after 2:30 of the second round. Good work.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
I put $20 on Erick Silva because I'm an rear end in a top hat.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Fozzy The Bear posted:

you sold your heart for $20. shameful poo poo.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

Fozzy The Bear posted:

die bitch!!!

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Fozzy The Bear posted:

And I go 0-2 on betting in MMA. Your welcome PSP.

JuanGoat
Nov 6, 2009
Awwwww yeaaaaaaahhh

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Fozzy The Bear posted:

And I go 0-2 on betting in MMA. Your welcome PSP.

A true hero

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Fozzy The Bear posted:

:lol:

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I hope you all gained a lot of confidence to later place more bets on Mixed Martial Arts

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

Fozzy The Bear posted:

We couldn't have done it without you

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

masato tatanka posted:

5 on Brown, 5 on Brown/Cruickshank

paid out 57.74, oh hell ya !!

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

-Atom- posted:

I hope you all gained a lot of confidence to later place more bets on Mixed Martial Arts

:woop: :siren: Matt Brown owns :siren: :woop:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I won 50 off Brown. My other multi with Koch and wineland poo poo the bed pretty hard.

JuanGoat
Nov 6, 2009
Wow, Dan Henderson is a whopping +600 underdog. I don't even think he's going to win, but those odds are insane. I think even Cummins had better odds against Cormier. Anyone else considering it? I might just throw in all of my money save my initial bankroll just for the hell of it. It just seems ridiculous that Hendo is considered to have less than a fifteen percent chance of winning this fight.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

JuanGoat posted:

Wow, Dan Henderson is a whopping +600 underdog. I don't even think he's going to win, but those odds are insane. I think even Cummins had better odds against Cormier. Anyone else considering it? I might just throw in all of my money save my initial bankroll just for the hell of it. It just seems ridiculous that Hendo is considered to have less than a fifteen percent chance of winning this fight.

I think that betting on Henderson is a great idea, and as all the guys who made money on Matt Brown this weekend will tell you, this thread is a great place to learn how to make money betting on MMA.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

This is one of those instances where I feel him being such an underdog is justified. I like Krause and Dillashaw as underdogs for a flutter more.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

IMO Ellenberger should not be a +240 underdog

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Lloyd Boner posted:

IMO Ellenberger should not be a +240 underdog

I'm just assuming you view him favorably, but judging by their last fights it's hard to imagine the Lawler we saw against Hendricks would have much trouble with a guy who had his face jabbed off.

Ellenberger still has that power though so it keeps things interesting.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Lawler/Hendricks, though, involved one fighter with only one arm.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Oh I don't like Ellenberger and hope Lawler kicks his poo poo in, I just think that Ellenberger poses a much more significant threat with his wrestling and power than the lines suggest. Obviously, Ellenberger's probably not a better wrestler than Hendricks, and Lawler did neutralize Hendricks' wrestling for most of the fight, but Hendricks fought with a torn bicep. Rory took Lawler down a bunch in their fight, and if he posed any threat with his striking, he could have probably done quite a bit more. Ellenberger will probably gas in the third if it goes that long, but I could totally see him taking the first two.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If Ellenberger gasses like he did against Diego he is going to wind up a dead man. That line is fine for this fight since Lawler's stock is so high.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Even if Ellenbergers wrestling isnt as good as Hendricks, which I think it is, its infinitely more dangerous because Hendricks doesn't know how to do anything once he gets someone down. Ellenberger has some decent gnp.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Got a nice matching bonus at a new bookie, so I put £25 on King Mo to wrestlefuck Rampage, returns £162.50.

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

Bundt Cake posted:

Even if Ellenbergers wrestling isnt as good as Hendricks, which I think it is, its infinitely more dangerous because Hendricks doesn't know how to do anything once he gets someone down. Ellenberger has some decent gnp.

didn't Hendricks land some good GnP on GSP in the 4th

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

2 fat 4 my lambo posted:

didn't Hendricks land some good GnP on GSP in the 4th

I cant quite remember, but if he did its the only time, cuz I watched all his UFC fights recently and he never passed anybodies guard or really did anything. Hes given up and stood up because of pretty dish rag looking guards

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

outy posted:

Got a nice matching bonus at a new bookie, so I put £25 on King Mo to wrestlefuck Rampage, returns £162.50.

what recent evidence makes you feel this is a good bet

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

maffew buildings posted:

what recent evidence makes you feel this is a good bet

King Mo moved his training camp to ATT to train with Texeira, Rampage moved his training camp next door to train with Mayhem.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

outy posted:

So what terms does Mo have to fulfill for your bookie to agree it is a wrestlefucking?

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

MassRafTer posted:

So what terms does Mo have to fulfill for your bookie to agree it is a wrestlefucking?

Postfight crowning

outy
Aug 27, 2004

fatherdog posted:

King Mo moved his training camp to ATT to train with Texeira, Rampage moved his training camp next door to train with Mayhem.

This was genuinely the trigger for me. Rampage is going to gas on the walk-in.
And the "wrestlefucking" was an optimistic prediction, not a stipulation of the bet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
good move for Mo. his soon to be winning ways will net him many more ostrich skin caddy seat covers.