Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Nahxela posted:

He was deconstructed on a molecular level to become hair!

That frog owns.

Seeing as this this Toriko he got stuck in imaginary gourmet traffic.
drat Confits, always swerving to the right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unprofessional
Apr 26, 2007
All business.
I'm still convinced we haven't seen the last of Tommyrod. Dude's faces were just too good.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
This is going to be another Alucard situation with Tommyrod emerging from the hair during the climactic battle for the Gourmet World.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I'll be honest guys, I think I hate or am bored by all the fighting and comedy and just like seeing the food art and descriptions. I even tried reading more food centric manga but nothing gets me as hungry as even the poorly scanlated translations of Toriko.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

unprofessional posted:

I'm still convinced we haven't seen the last of Tommyrod. Dude's faces were just too good.

this reminds me, but at the end of the Toriko Anime, when it shows the Bishokukai gearing up, there is a tiny bug that flys just above Grinpatch's straw, and it is colored blue with red polka dots and has pink hair.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Seebach posted:

this reminds me, but at the end of the Toriko Anime, when it shows the Bishokukai gearing up, there is a tiny bug that flys just above Grinpatch's straw, and it is colored blue with red polka dots and has pink hair.

Ahaha, my God the anime ended loving embarrassingly.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Reiche posted:

They couldn't stop at Super Saiyan Troll doll...

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Chinaman7000 posted:

I'll be honest guys, I think I hate or am bored by all the fighting and comedy and just like seeing the food art and descriptions. I even tried reading more food centric manga but nothing gets me as hungry as even the poorly scanlated translations of Toriko.

Really? That's interesting, because I find I have the complete opposite reaction to almost all the foods in this manga. I always find myself feeling slightly queasy at almost all of the foods that involve slaying and eating increasingly gross parts of increasingly gross-looking animals. I enjoy Toriko mainly for the general craziness of the world, but I can't say I've ever once found it mouth-watering.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I'll agree at some points the food charm is not there, and that part started getting weird. Old man tears are not appetizing. Or penguin drool.

But when it's good, it's good!

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Chinaman7000 posted:

I'll agree at some points the food charm is not there, and that part started getting weird. Old man tears are not appetizing. Or penguin drool.

But when it's good, it's good!

They are when you caused the old man to cry. What are you, a vegetarian?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Eating the old man's skin reminds me of this book I read about God dying and his corpse floating in the ocean. Some ship was tasked with hauling it up north and they ran out of food or something, but they discovered that you could make hamburgers and other foodstuffs from God's flesh so they had some priest ordain the flesh first and then everyone would eat it.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Nobody's eating a humanoid's skin.

They're eating his smoke cloud which condensed into a form of tofu product called tofu skin, and his tears.

If anything they're eating the equivalent of his farts.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

messagemode1 posted:

Nobody's eating a humanoid's skin.

They're eating his smoke cloud which condensed into a form of tofu product called tofu skin, and his tears.

You're right that's not nearly as ba-

messagemode1 posted:

If anything they're eating the equivalent of his farts.

:barf:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Cannibalism has already been introduced. There is no coming back from that. By comparison, messily devouring non-human sentient organisms is downright benign.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Reiche posted:

It had this though.
And this for some reason I find terribly hilarious.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Rigged Death Trap posted:

It had this though.

Midora's got a shockingly dainty waist there.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
I was just informed that the official release translates the Tounyuudou as "Soylent Mean". I am 100% ok with this.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Alopex posted:

I was just informed that the official release translates the Tounyuudou as "Soylent Mean". I am 100% ok with this.

THE SECRET INGREDIENT IS FLYING SOY FACES!

oh... and people too.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Soylent Mean is... I don't even know what that is!!!

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

Lpzie posted:

Eating the old man's skin reminds me of this book I read about God dying and his corpse floating in the ocean. Some ship was tasked with hauling it up north and they ran out of food or something, but they discovered that you could make hamburgers and other foodstuffs from God's flesh so they had some priest ordain the flesh first and then everyone would eat it.

What book was this?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Towing Jehovah.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles

Rigged Death Trap posted:

It had this though.

Can't stop seeing the 8-pack abs

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Chapter 277 is out.
Dapper Car is a sentient life form

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I've missed you, Komatsu's nose. :unsmith:

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
The frog car has a higher capture level than the Four Beast. Shounen power levels, please never change.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Alopex posted:

The frog car has a higher capture level than the Four Beast. Shounen power levels, please never change.

Capture level isn't power level, it just how hard it is to capture.
Careru just to seems to be fast as all hell.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
In a manga full of terrible puns, Careru still ranks up there.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Food luck, huh

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
It's a thing, it's why the Bishoukai had such a hunger boner over Komatsu in the first place.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Well, no one can deny that Komatsu has an uncanny ability to find beefcake wherever he goes.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
I'm really enjoying this arc so far. The fights were fun, but this manga is really all about going on journeys to outrageous places to find crazy food. I will always enjoy the absolutely astronomical numbers portrayed, like the Horse King Heracles' footprint leaving off a huge aura for thousands of years.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

I wonder what a frog car tastes like.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Batmasterson posted:

I'm really enjoying this arc so far. The fights were fun, but this manga is really all about going on journeys to outrageous places to find crazy food. I will always enjoy the absolutely astronomical numbers portrayed, like the Horse King Heracles' footprint leaving off a huge aura for thousands of years.

... Because it was in a bad mood, and had it been in a good mood that same footprint would have been an oasis. :haw:

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
Reading this alternating with the tough slog / sunk cost obligation that is Naruto/Bleach is so refreshing. I was actually shocked that the chapter didn't end on page 7, comparatively so much happens before I get to the middle of a Toriko chapter than 3 chapters of those other ones.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

... Because it was in a bad mood, and had it been in a good mood that same footprint would have been an oasis. :haw:

You don't wanna know what happens when one of the 8 Kings is aroused :stonk:

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Which leads to the next question: What could have angered the Horse King?

The answer to that may be the most interesting.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dante Logos posted:

Someone ate his Legendary Hay of the Sky Goddess.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Dante Logos posted:

Flies the size of cities swarming around his butt.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Liar posted:

Flies the size of cities swarming around his butt.

And on those flies are literally cities filled with countless treasure troves of rare ingredients with triple digit capture levels.

And cool frogs sippin' delicious rare teas.

This series. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Dante Logos posted:

I'm gonna go with giant jockey/cowboy riding the horse around like it's nobody's business

• Locked thread