Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Tae posted:

Speaking of lack of hit and away, playing z2.2 made me HATE Tiera and Lockon. Like, of all the people you don't give Hit and Away, you don't give it to the heavy artillery and Sniper but give it to the extremely mobile Aerial transformer???

With a custom bonus that turns all its weapons (P) (still true in Z3!).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I've already beat the story but was there ever a way to form Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann outside of the one or two missions it was available?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Squallege posted:

I've already beat the story but was there ever a way to form Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann outside of the one or two missions it was available?

Get to 130 morale with both GL and the carrier deployed once it is unlocked. You'll get the combine option.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

chutche2 posted:

Anyone here play the Gihren's Greed series? Been playing Shin Gihren lately and can't figure out how spying works in this one.

See if it comes up anywhere in this LP.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
My favourite part of J is due to it's strict desire to adhear to the TV series, the Archangel just gets worse as the game goes on, while the Nadesico, which was ALREADY more powerful, just continues to grow stronger. The entire game can pretty much be handled by moving the Nadeisco forward and hiding the Archangel.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
At the final stage of the main story (sans Epilogue) in Z3.1 and I get this silly grin at having Simon and the AntiSpiral endlessly throwing Super Giga Drill Breakers at each other.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

vibratingsheep posted:

I'm actually okay with the first Ptolemy, it could repair and that made it better than the Argama to me.

Same. Getting Sumeragi's Ace bonus was a kick in the dick but it was multipilot support megatank that could repair so it was not just useful for the whole game but it leveled itself. I missed it during Z2.2.

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

Lucky for you, I'm a dog lover.
I can't believe that it took me until stage 25 to remember that the sub-order thing exists.

All that potential cash, all those potential kills, gone :negative:

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
In Z3 it doesn't kick in until weirdly late, so you probably haven't missed as much as you think you have.

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

This was probably already discussed, but I missed it. How do I not lose the beginning of the first scenario with Mazinger Z? (Z3)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Portable Staplefrog posted:

This was probably already discussed, but I missed it. How do I not lose the beginning of the first scenario with Mazinger Z? (Z3)

Wait a few turns without counterattacking.

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

Lucky for you, I'm a dog lover.
Just defend. Eventually stuff will happen and you'll be able to go on the offensive.

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

I did that...
I'll try it slightly differently and see if that helps.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I did that...
I'll try it slightly differently and see if that helps.

Make sure you're not counterattacking. Have both Kouji and Sayaka defend.

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

I sometimes had Sayaka dodge. Maybe that was the problem.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Use Orgonite Buster here!

Dodging doesn't affect anything.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Beat Hades a little earlier and goddamn did that death animation own :allears:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Neither unit can hit anything, that's the trick. You can dodge/defend, but don't ever attack/counterattack for like 3-4 rounds and the event will kick in.

crowbb
Feb 25, 2013
Slippery Tilde
I just had this happen in newgame+. Usually she does whatever I tell Mazinger to do (dodge/defend) but for some reason on one round she kept trying to counterattack and I had to select her manually and force her not to. That did not happen on my first playthrough.

Levantine posted:

Neither unit can hit anything, that's the trick. You can dodge/defend, but don't ever attack/counterattack for like 3-4 rounds and the event will kick in.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Just an FYI, the new Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn is out on July 1st in the states with 120+ mobile suits available, should be awesome if you are into those games!

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

Levantine posted:

I finally got past this. I knew the trick before, but was apparently accidentally counterattacking with Sayaka.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

I finally got past this. I knew the trick before, but was apparently accidentally counterattacking with Sayaka.

Yeah, I had tons of trouble as well until I figured it out. Once I realized I had to manually set her to do nothing it went smooth.

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

What helped for me was running away, so there were just fewer opportunities for counter mistakes.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

So now that there is a new Nightingale kit comming and possibly a new Hi Nu kit.

Nightingale and Hi Nun in Z3-2 right? Yes? I am going to say yes. Also Shin Great and all the other good things.

Emuticus
Jan 23, 2013

Lostconfused posted:

So now that there is a new Nightingale kit comming and possibly a new Hi Nu kit.

Nightingale and Hi Nun in Z3-2 right? Yes? I am going to say yes. Also Shin Great and all the other good things.

Shin Mazinkaiser or bust.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Xenoglossia or bust.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Golden Battler posted:

Xenoglossia Gaogaigar or bust.

Fixed that for you.

Edit: Also, add in Patlabor and Gun x Sword for good measure!

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 21:17 on May 14, 2014

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

In a post-Miku world, Xenoglossia sounds downright possible. Just wait for the next B-team 3DS game and maybe you'll get your wish.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

Golden Battler posted:

Xenoglossia or bust.

Symphogear, and busts.

KoB
May 1, 2009

vibratingsheep posted:

Symphogear, and busts.

Godannar and butts.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Forget T&A and fanservice, all I want is Demonbane so we can get Doctor West covers of Fire Bomber/Sheryl/Ranka songs.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
G-Gundam, come on why are they avoid this so hard.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

The only reason I'd be ok with Godannar showing up in Z3.2 would just be Rand and Goh being bros and having a beer while swapping stories of how insane both Mel and Anna are.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

G-Gundam, come on why are they avoid this so hard.
Saving it for the finale so that they can infect Setsuko with DG Cells.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I really want F-91 and Victory, even though I know this a futile dream. :smith:

EDIT: Crazy answer: The Plot to Assassinate Gihren Zabi.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
It'd be incredibly awkward to fit in, but I'm still going to hope for Build Fighters.

Right after ZZ and Victory get in again anyways because oh my god Banpresto why.

Caros
May 14, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

It'd be incredibly awkward to fit in, but I'm still going to hope for Build Fighters.

Right after ZZ and Victory get in again anyways because oh my god Banpresto why.

:) - Guys! The whole multiverse is about to coll-

:( - Shut the gently caress up, we're playing with models here!

Much as I'd like to see it, I don't expect Build Fighters in Z3.2 since they just announced a second season. I doubt they'd want to include only the first half of a series in their finale, since it'd make Build Fighters hard to include in the following series.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Build Fighters is going to debut in a B-Team game so they can experiment with goofy poo poo.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The wording is 'New Series,' so I don't think it'll be a direct sequel.

If we get new Gundam stuff in Z3.2 I would see ZZ or something like Stargazer fitting most easily into the established setting and circumstances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Caros posted:

:) - Guys! The whole multiverse is about to coll-

:( - Shut the gently caress up, we're playing with models here!

Much as I'd like to see it, I don't expect Build Fighters in Z3.2 since they just announced a second season. I doubt they'd want to include only the first half of a series in their finale, since it'd make Build Fighters hard to include in the following series.

While I agree that Build Fighters won't be in Z3 saying they won't use it because they are making a new season is a crazy thing to say when they have used the Rebuild movies twice.

• Locked thread