Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Party Plane Jones posted:

Off the top of my head in the past 6/7 years he's been in: The Event, Heroes, The Americans, True Blood, and Damages. He's usually the one of the best actors in each series too.

He's why I'm excited about the 12 Monkeys show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Mu Zeta posted:

He's why I'm excited about the 12 Monkeys show.

You've got my attention :stare:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Off the top of my head in the past 6/7 years he's been in: The Event, Heroes, The Americans, True Blood, and Damages. He's usually the one of the best actors in each series too.

Big Love, too.

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

He was in Revolution as well

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I don't understand why SEAL Team Psycho killed Kate without even trying to interrogate her.

"Not immediately pliable eh. Well gently caress it. "

It just seems really impulsive for a demonstratively competent wet-worker.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Brennan posted:

He was in Revolution as well

Yeah but Revolution is terrible and I didn't see his run on it.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Subterfrugal posted:

I don't understand why SEAL Team Psycho killed Kate without even trying to interrogate her.

Isn't torture basically totally ineffective anyway? Maybe he just realized she wasn't going to give him any information and welp.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

He couldn't interrogate her there for very long, since it stood to reason that someone would come looking after a day or two. And moving a living person to another location for interrogation (especially one who has no expectation of surviving) is probably more complicated than disposing of a body. Plus he might have doubted his ability to crack a KGB agent in any reasonable timeframe.

If anything I expected him to be staking out her place to see who came to check on her, and was genuinely surprised when he wasn't.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

precision posted:

'Nam Phil best Phil.

Seriously. 'Nam Phil looks like an extra that didn't get shrunken down for The Hobbit.

"I'm the tall dwarf. They call me Phillip with the Constantly Bumped Head."

Subterfrugal posted:

He wanted to make a statement more than interrogate her, plus he'd already made it clear that she wasn't getting out of her predicament alive. In SEAL Beecher's sociopathically-driven mind, he probably felt he was doing her a favor, since the fate that would've befallen her for getting herself compromised (even though it wasn't her fault) probably would've stretched on agonizingly longer than him just breaking her neck and ending it quickly - that's why I think he at least told her she'd "done her job well."

I'm also guessing the message on the inside of the toilet paper roll was "I'm compromised" and her leaving the toilet seat up was what got Elizabeth's attention. That's just something you don't see in the apartment of a woman living alone.

The one sad thing is that Drew Carey's brother (I don't know his name) had better 'secret compartment' security than Kate.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 10:50 on May 8, 2014

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Seriously. 'Nam Phil looks like an extra that didn't get shrunken down for The Hobbit.

"I'm the tall dwarf. They call me Phillip with the Constantly Bumped Head."

He wanted to make a statement more than interrogate her, plus he'd already made it clear that she wasn't getting out of her predicament alive. In SEAL Beecher's sociopathically-driven mind, he probably felt he was doing her a favor, since the fate that would've befallen her for getting herself compromised (even though it wasn't her fault) probably would've stretched on agonizingly longer than him just breaking her neck and ending it quickly - that's why I think he at least told her she'd "done her job well."

I'm also guessing the message on the inside of the toilet paper roll was "I'm compromised" and her leaving the toilet seat up was what got Elizabeth's attention. That's just something you don't see in the apartment of a woman living alone.

The one sad thing is that Drew Carey's brother (I don't know his name) had better 'secret compartment' security than Kate.

The message on the inside of the roll was "Get Jared out." Elizabeth reads it off during the episode.

solovyov
Feb 23, 2006

LAWYER FIGHT
I've been in love with Zeljko Ivanek since Homicide: Life on the Street. He is the best.

JohnSherman posted:

The message on the inside of the roll was "Get Jared out." Elizabeth reads it off during the episode.

He's a great guesser.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

BIG HEADLINE posted:

That was the best set up.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Yeah but Revolution is terrible and I didn't see his run on it.

Season 2 actually owns and you should watch it. It's a whole different show.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Exactly. Revolution went from "meh" in season 1 to "pretty drat awesome" in season 2. It's like their writing staff was replaced by cool people.

solovyov
Feb 23, 2006

LAWYER FIGHT
I think you guys are lying. I watched the first two episodes of this season and I just couldn't do it to myself any longer.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

solovyov posted:

I think you guys are lying. I watched the first two episodes of this season and I just couldn't do it to myself any longer.

You didn't get to the part with literal magic, then. Shame.

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
I would watch a show that was just gay SEAL dude ruthlessly eliminating KGB while trying to keep his orientation and the fact that he'd betrayed information to them secret.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Totally, the scribe's turned out to be such a badass. This show has a ton of spinoff potential. Another one is if Jared turns out to be a spy and then Paige also follows her mom's steps, they could have their own teenage spying show as well. They could call it Spy Kids '86 or something.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Does the death of redhead lady (so bad with names) mean Claudia's coming back? Please?

Zeljko Ivanek showing up while Tobias Beecher is wrecking poo poo is funny. Seems like all the old Oz crew are either on this show, The Walking Dead or doing insurance commercials. They really ruin MY IMMERSION though.

I know these guys are prolific actors beyond Oz but I saw almost nothing in the 2000s due to evening shifts and no DVR.

Great episode overall, with the exception of Felicity turning on light switches with a gun before knowing if anyone was inside or not.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

leidend posted:

Does the death of redhead lady (so bad with names) mean Claudia's coming back? Please?

I'm not sure - the way she said 'Goodbye, Elizabeth' sounded very final - I took it to mean she was either going back to Russia to stand trial for compromising herself to her lover, or she was going to off herself.

I'm still holding out hope for 'suicide bomber Granny.'

The other thing that bugged me about them going through her apartment was that they weren't wearing gloves, and there are assets they could've compromised with official cover, who would only face expulsion if it were a trap set up to nab whoever came to check on her. If anything, it would've been a *perfect* job for Arkady to give Nina an episode or two from now to tie up her loose end neatly.

Also, I have a nagging feeling they're setting Stan up to kill Nina, Oleg, and Arkady, and *himself* all in one sitting, just to 'go out like a hero.'

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 11:03 on May 9, 2014

Cuddly Tumblemumps
Aug 23, 2013

Postmodernity means the exhilarating freedom to pursue anything, yet mind-boggling uncertainty as to what is worth pursuing and in the name of what one should pursue it.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Also, I have a nagging feeling they're setting Stan up to kill Nina, Oleg, and Arkady, and *himself* all in one sitting, just to 'go out like a hero.'

I kinda expect that because Stan has a history of deep cover work the FBI has been dangling him to be 'turned' by the KGB so that they can have Stan embedded in the KGB/rezidentura politics. Maybe, Season 2 ending with Stan reporting to a boss's boss's boss or some super secret shady intelligence branch about having completed the first step, and then Season 3 will be him attempting to maintain believable cover while Nina gets better at spy games and sniffs out his weaknesses. Arkady will continue to be awesome, Oleg will end up being the scape-goat for things and be sold up the Volga for the poo poo that Nina has been involved in.

v:shepface:v

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
But Oleg's turned out to be totally awesome!

solovyov
Feb 23, 2006

LAWYER FIGHT

Cuddly Tumblemumps posted:

Maybe, Season 2 ending with Stan reporting to a boss's boss's boss

Played by Danny Trejo.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

solovyov posted:

Played by Danny Trejo.

Only if he is an undercover CIA agent.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Triple crosses are the logical limit of believability, if they go any further the show becomes stupid nonsense.

Stan turning out to be a patriot all along or w/e would be pretty dumb and would seriously push me away from the show

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Occupation posted:

Triple crosses are the logical limit of believability, if they go any further the show becomes stupid nonsense.

Stan turning out to be a patriot all along or w/e would be pretty dumb and would seriously push me away from the show

Americinception

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Occupation posted:

I don't disagree, but they've set it up with the "deep cover" stuff in the beginning of the show.

Then again, this show hasn't been the type to have secrets revealed in flashbacks or anything like that, and it seems like it would have already come up.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Oh Paige, you are the worst.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Listening in on your parents calls must have been hard without wireless phones. :(

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Henry is not looking forward to Wrath of Kahn.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Good news, Wrath of Khan will be great.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
Oh Henry you jaded proto-goon.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Haha. Sorry Phil, your wig sucks.

e: Also, Philip's utter shock at learning how lovely the FBI's security is was great.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

He's very upset that you know about the toupee.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Odds on him slipping out the back door?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Did they just...

Yeah, she just tossed his used condom in the trash and then he cleaned up after himself. Holy poo poo, FX.

E- Business is really picking up now.

Is this the next to last episode or are there two left? gently caress FX and their "There's just one episode left before the season finale" bullshit.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:35 on May 15, 2014

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Oh there is no way this guy isn't grooming Paige

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
drat this guy is good. I hate him.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

The Bridge is coming back. That's cool, I guess.

e: drat, they actually beat the poo poo out of her. I thought it was makeup.

Baronash fucked around with this message at 03:53 on May 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
"No, I'm going to move in with him."

Brutal.

• Locked thread