Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

So the kid knew the whole time his parents were spies and is now getting sent abroad (assuming Reporter doesn't get to him first). I can't even imagine what that would be like. Unlike the black guy last season who was offered a new life in Mother Russia, who was on his own, the teenager is just that...a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Why not just humor Martha to keep her happy. "yeah sure kids in a couple years" then deal with it later if shes even still needed by that time.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
and you all laughed @ me wrt Return of the Jedi, and yet here we are, discussing wrath of khan :colbert:

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

zVxTeflon posted:

Why not just humor Martha to keep her happy. "yeah sure kids in a couple years" then deal with it later if shes even still needed by that time.

i was wondering that too, and all i can think of is that even sometimes when i'm in character, i respond the way i actually would as myself even though its irrelevant and i can much more easily just agree.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

zVxTeflon posted:

Goes against all the previous Clark interactions, especially with the sister saying he's a selfish rear end. Having Clark agree to that doesn't fit in with his character.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fetus Tree posted:

i was wondering that too, and all i can think of is that even sometimes when i'm in character, i respond the way i actually would as myself even though its irrelevant and i can much more easily just agree.

Martha likes to be treated badly. He's just being romantic.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
This show is so much sexier because they don't show boobs and whatnot

Martha was lookin' fine with dem thighs exposed tonight

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
Martha is f'ing gross.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Party Plane Jones posted:

Goes against all the previous Clark interactions, especially with the sister saying he's a selfish rear end. Having Clark agree to that doesn't fit in with his character.

Also, the minute he says "in a few years," the point isn't dropped, she'll just start in on whittling down the timeframe, which gives her even more leverage over him in regards to getting him classified information. He already knows that every time he caves, he loses more leverage over *her*.

I do think Martha will survive this season, though - unless Beecher-the-SEAL finds her first. I was pretty sure early on to mid-way through that she was living on borrowed seconds. Case in point, that would be a hell of a plot twist - Learick kills Martha and frames Philip/"Clark" for it.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 12:38 on May 15, 2014

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Season 3: Henry and Paige are signed up to shooting and judo classes.

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

Wait...I had something for this...
This season has been great.

Hoping Paige is not being groomed, I hope the show had learned from last season. Enjoying her terrible attempts to spy on her spy parents.

The whole dead handler meeting the kid out of costume seems weird wonder what is up with that.

Clarks toupee's cover was blown, he will get blown next week its the source of his power woman.. Enjoyed his refusal to believe the FBI dont cart the files around with 24/7 surveillance and that the FBI are kinda relaxed about it.

Fighter jet pilot is like a terminator. They have built him up as so capable its kinda be hard to think that while he probably aint going to kill any of the main characters he is gonna cause some terrible pain for them. Like letting their daughter know who they are before he dies.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
What was with Stan saying the Bureau had a evidence room full of Rocky Horror Picture show VHS tapes? It felt like it was a wink toward a real life event.. is that that the case?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Hand of the King posted:

Martha is f'ing gross.

o how wrong you are

AllDogsGoodDogs
Dec 30, 2008
Martha is loving disgusting. I hope she dies or ends up in prison.

I think NavySealBro is walking into a trap if he goes to that cabin. Elizabeth told the son to bring her the backpack and she would take care of it, she just tosses it in the trash can like the boy would have done anyway..

Also, RIP Oleg, you had a good run.

AllDogsGoodDogs fucked around with this message at 14:24 on May 15, 2014

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

ally_1986 posted:

Fighter jet pilot is like a terminator. They have built him up as so capable its kinda be hard to think that while he probably aint going to kill any of the main characters he is gonna cause some terrible pain for them. Like letting their daughter know who they are before he dies.

Fighter Jet pilot, what?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Come on guys *snip* Martha's ugly.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
oleg traded his life for a really dope piece of rear end

it was so nice of him to help nina escape though :ohdear:

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Fetus Tree posted:

oleg traded his life for a really dope piece of rear end

it was so nice of him to help nina escape though :ohdear:

Did I miss a scene? Last Nina scene I remember was him lying to her about her situation.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Uhh, I figured he gave her the money to GTFO and make a new life for herself

i've been having a hard time focusing on this tv show the last couple of episodes so its possible i didnt catch something but unless i missed a ton of context it seemed like he broke from his lil scheme and basically gave nina enough money to gtfo. he said she was smart and able and strong and would survive basically

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
What's Arkady's reason for beating up Nina and planning to send her back to Russia for trial and execution? I thought he was aware she was playing Beeman and that was going accordingly.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Hand of the King posted:

What's Arkady's reason for beating up Nina and planning to send her back to Russia for trial and execution? I thought he was aware she was playing Beeman and that was going accordingly.

Beating up Nina was part of her playing Beeman.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Why are people posting like Oleg died? Did I miss a scene?

wukkar
Nov 27, 2009

Hand of the King posted:

To scare Beeman enough for him to turn. Though he isn't actually bluffing, because she really actually was helping Beeman before she got caught by Arkady / confessed.

Pretty much everyone on the show except Henry is a triple or quadruple spy at this point.

wukkar fucked around with this message at 17:35 on May 15, 2014

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Mu Zeta posted:

Why are people posting like Oleg died? Did I miss a scene?

he is dead in the future tense

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Dr.Caligari posted:

What was with Stan saying the Bureau had a evidence room full of Rocky Horror Picture show VHS tapes? It felt like it was a wink toward a real life event.. is that that the case?

The feds are the ones who investigate movie bootleggers and there was a scene earlier this season where Stan was in the room where they hold all the confiscated movies, he even took a romantic movie and watched it with Nina. Too bad Henry isn't Stan's son, he'd love Stan's movie hook-up.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
Okay, fine, I understand now that Arkady is shaking Beeman by beating up Nina and threatening to send her back. BUT, it sounds like he plans to do it anyway even though he sounded like he was going to let her redeem herself (which it seems like she has been doing). Why the sudden change?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
maybe you get cool points for outing traitors and thus proving your own moral superiority

its like tattling on your little sister for eating the last 4 cookies in the jar

gently caress you jess

Cuddly Tumblemumps
Aug 23, 2013

Postmodernity means the exhilarating freedom to pursue anything, yet mind-boggling uncertainty as to what is worth pursuing and in the name of what one should pursue it.

Hand of the King posted:

Okay, fine, I understand now that Arkady is shaking Beeman by beating up Nina and threatening to send her back. BUT, it sounds like he plans to do it anyway even though he sounded like he was going to let her redeem herself (which it seems like she has been doing). Why the sudden change?

Because :ussr: that's why.

I think that the 'change' may seem sudden because prior to Oleg's arrival a lot of Arkady's motivations and operations were only shown through conversations with Nina.

Arkady is a very pragmatic Soviet administrator and if Nina cannot be saved, despite any personal affections Arkady has for her, then it is in his best personal interests to cover his rear end and turn her in rather than be seen as complicit with her traitorous actions. He is playing a very dangerous game with his career and life by taking the actions that he has thus so far to exploit Beeman via Nina, with the hopeful end of Nina being an asset rather than a traitor.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
Maybe Oleg getting involved with Nina is one of the reasons Arkady's all of a sudden putting the pressure on Nina for a big score from Stan, in that he thinks it's gonna gently caress up Nina's long game of playing Stan and he might as well cash in now while they need something big.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
From how I read the conversation between Arkady and Oleg an episode or two back, where they first discussed Nina being sent back for a trial, I recall Arkady saying something like "I can't help Nina now" to Oleg, and figured Arkady was implying to Oleg that Oleg should do something to help her. I think Arkady's not a complete monster, he wants to help Nina out of a bad situation while still getting what he needs, knows Oleg may have the power, resources, or connections to get her out, and that if worst comes to worst, Arkady's not the one doing anything that will come back on him. Then again, I could well be reading way too much into a pretty innocuous, vague, and easily misinterpreted statement from a Russian spy, which sounds like it's working as intended.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."
I kind of missed the part that lead to Arkady doubting Nina. I thought he was pretty much on board with her. All of the sudden he's suspecting her of still playing them.

solovyov
Feb 23, 2006

LAWYER FIGHT

Fetus Tree posted:

he is dead in the future tense

I'm going to assume this is an aspect joke.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Your toupee(s) aren't fooling everyone, Philip.

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

They spelled it out for you guys towards the end: the center thinks Nina may still be playing them with Stan. In order for her to prove she is loyal she must use the relationship she's built with him to get information Stan to get information he wouldn't give up for any other reason. If she can do this, she's loyal, if she doesn't they can't trust her and she goes back for trial (and probable execution) for treason.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
So now Philip has to wear a skullcap under his stupid Clark-wig? I mean, its gonna be awkward when Martha eventually pulls it off and sees a full head of hair under there :shrug:

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Brennan posted:

They spelled it out for you guys towards the end: the center thinks Nina may still be playing them with Stan. In order for her to prove she is loyal she must use the relationship she's built with him to get information Stan to get information he wouldn't give up for any other reason. If she can do this, she's loyal, if she doesn't they can't trust her and she goes back for trial (and probable execution) for treason.

what was the bit with the money thing

i thought they were telling me that oleg likes her and wanted her to fly away like a lil birdy

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

Wait...I had something for this...

Zythrst posted:

Fighter Jet pilot, what?

lol I always forget his name. Army dude. Was he not in a scene when he was walking past fighter jets saying it was good to be back and he had stuff to take care of?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

ally_1986 posted:

lol I always forget his name. Army dude. Was he not in a scene when he was walking past fighter jets saying it was good to be back and he had stuff to take care of?

he was

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

beanieson posted:

So now Philip has to wear a skullcap under his stupid Clark-wig? I mean, its gonna be awkward when Martha eventually pulls it off and sees a full head of hair under there :shrug:

Only awkward for a moment, because Philip would immediately kill her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

ShakeZula posted:

Only awkward for a moment, because Philip would immediately kill her.

i love the parts with martha because im always afraid its her time to die

• Locked thread