Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hey look, it's CBS.

2013-14 Scorecard

Returning Series
The Good Wife
Hawaii Five-0
Blue Bloods
The Mentalist
Elementary
Person of Interest
NCIS
NCIS LA
CSI
Criminal Minds
Big Bang Theory
Two And A Half Men
2 Broke Girls
Mike And Molly
Mom
The Millers

Cancelled Series
Hostages
Intelligence
Bad Teacher
We Are Men
The Crazy Ones
Friends With Better Lives
How I Met You Mother (Final Season)

2014-15 SCHEDULE (New programs in UPPER CASE; all times ET)

MONDAY
8 PM – The Big Bang Theory/2 Broke Girls
8:30 PM – Mom
9 PM – SCORPION
10 PM – NCIS: Los Angeles

TUESDAY
8 PM – NCIS
9 PM – NCIS: NEW ORLEANS
10 PM – Person Of Interest

WEDNESDAY
8 PM – Survivor
9 PM – Criminal Minds
10 PM – STALKER

THURSDAY
8-11 PM ET – NFL THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL (Sept 11-Oct 23)
Beginning Oct 30:
8 PM – The Big Bang Theory
8:30 PM – The Millers
9 PM – Two And A Half Men
9:30 PM – THE MCCARTHYS
10 PM – Elementary

FRIDAY
8 PM – The Amazing Race
9 PM – Hawaii Five-0
10 PM – Blue Bloods

SATURDAY
8 PM – Crimetime Saturday
9:00 PM – Crimetime Saturday
10 PM – 48 Hours

SUNDAY
7 PM – 60 Minutes
8 PM – MADAM SECRETARY
9 PM – The Good Wife
10 PM – CSI/CSI: CYBER

New Series

Drama

MADAM SECRETARY

quote:

MADAM SECRETARY stars Téa Leoni as Elizabeth McCord, the shrewd, determined, newly appointed Secretary of State who drives international diplomacy, battles office politics and circumvents protocol as she negotiates global and domestic issues, both at the White House and at home. A college professor and a brilliant former CIA analyst who left for ethical reasons, Elizabeth returns to public life at the request of the President following the suspicious death of her predecessor. The President values her apolitical leanings, her deep knowledge of the Middle East, her flair for languages and her ability to not just think outside the box, but to not even acknowledge there is a box. McCord’s team includes her Chief of Staff Nadine Tolliver (Emmy Award winner Bebe Neuwirth), speechwriter Matt Mahoney (Geoffrey Arend), press coordinator Daisy Grant (Patina Miller) and her charming assistant, Blake Moran (Erich Bergen). As McCord debates third world problems and finesses foreign dignitaries at work, that’s just a warm-up for when she goes home to her supportive husband Henry (Tim Daly) and their two bright children (Katherine Herzer and Evan Roe), where “politics” and “compromise” take on new meaning. MADAM SECRETARY is a CBS Television Studios production, in association with Revelations Entertainment. Barbara Hall (“Judging Amy”) is an executive producer with Revelations’ Lori McCreary and Academy and Golden Globe Award winner Morgan Freeman, and David Semel. The pilot was directed by David Semel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX-vZysWRVw

NCIS: NEW ORLEANS

quote:

NCIS: NEW ORLEANS is a drama about the local field office that investigates criminal cases affecting military personnel in the Big Easy, a city known for its music, entertainment and decadence. Leading the team is Special Agent Dwayne Pride (Golden Globe Award winner Scott Bakula), aka “King,” a native of NOLA who is driven by his need to do what is right. Working with Pride is Special Agent Christopher LaSalle (Lucas Black), who plays hard but works harder; and Special Agent Meredith “Merri” Brody (Zoe McLellan), a charismatic and tough interrogator who transferred from the Great Lakes office in search of a fresh start. Supporting them is coroner Dr. Loretta Wade (CCH Pounder), who is as eccentric as she is smart. This colorful city that harbors a dark side is a magnet for service personnel on leave, and when overindulgence is followed by trouble, Pride’s team is at its best. Gary Glasberg (“NCIS”) and Mark Harmon (“NCIS”) are the executive producers for CBS Television Studios.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO1UepIr_Xw

SCORPION

quote:

SCORPION, inspired by a true story, is a high-octane drama about eccentric genius Walter O’Brien (Elyes Gabel) and his team of brilliant misfits who comprise the last line of defense against complex, high-tech threats of the modern age. As Homeland Security’s new think tank, O’Brien’s “Scorpion” team includes Toby Curtis (Eddie Kaye Thomas), an expert behaviorist who can read anyone; Happy Quinn (Jadyn Wong), a mechanical prodigy; and Sylvester Dodd (Ari Stidham), a statistics guru. Pooling their extensive technological knowledge to solve mind-boggling predicaments amazes federal agent Cabe Gallo (Robert Patrick), who shares a harrowing history with O’Brien. However, while this socially awkward group is comfortable with each other’s humor and quirks, life outside their circle confounds them, so they rely on Paige Dineen (Katharine McPhee), who has a young, gifted son, to translate the world for them. At last, these nerdy masterminds have found the perfect job: a place where they can apply their exceptional brainpower to solve the nation’s crises, while also helping each other learn how to fit in. Nick Santora, Emmy Award winner Nicholas Wootton, Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Heather Kadin, Walter O’Brien, Scooter Braun and Justin Lin are the executive producers for CBS Television Studios. Justin Lin (“The Fast and the Furious”) directed the pilot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU_hJscvdXU

STALKER

quote:

STALKER stars Maggie Q and Golden Globe Award winner Dylan McDermott in a psychological thriller about detectives who investigate stalking incidents – including voyeurism, cyber harassment and romantic fixation – for the Threat Assessment Unit of the LAPD. Det. Jack Larsen (McDermott) is a recent transfer to the Unit from New York City’s homicide division, whose confidence, strong personality and questionable behavior has landed him in trouble before – but whose past behavior may also prove valuable in his new job. His boss, Lt. Beth Davis (Maggie Q), is strong, focused and an expert in the field, driven by her traumatic personal experience as a victim. With the rest of their team, young but eager Det. Ben Caldwell (Victor Rasuk) and deceptively smart Det. Janice Lawrence (Mariana Klaveno), Larsen and Davis assess the threat level of cases and respond before the stalking and intimidation spirals out of control, all while trying to keep their personal obsessions at bay. Kevin Williamson (“Scream”) is the executive producer for Warner Bros. Television.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQUHezf0Kqs

BATTLE CREEK

quote:

BATTLE CREEK stars Josh Duhamel and Dean Winters in a drama about two mismatched law enforcement officers whose polar opposite views of the world and crime-solving breed frustration, disdain, humor and possibly a grudging respect as they team together to clean up the hardscrabble streets of Battle Creek, Mich. Det. Russ Agnew (Dean Winters), a good but gruff, hard-boiled detective, has his world upended when strikingly handsome, charismatic Special Agent Milton Chamberlain (Josh Duhamel) opens an FBI field office at the police station and chooses Russ to be his partner. Milt’s polished sophistication and access to unlimited state-of-the-art equipment is impressive to his new co-workers in the absurdly underfunded department. As Russ and Milt work long hours together in the economically distressed city of Battle Creek, the question is: will it be Milt’s charm and endless supply of high-end resources or Russ’s old-fashioned cynicism, guile and deception that prove to be the keys to catching the bad guys in his beloved hometown? Janet McTeer, Kal Penn, Edward Fordham and Aubrey Dollar also star. Emmy Award winners Vince Gilligan and David Shore as well as Mark Johnson and Bryan Singer are the executive producers for Sony Pictures Television in association with CBS Television Studios.

CSI: CYBER

quote:

CSI: CYBER stars Emmy Award winner Patricia Arquette in a drama inspired by the advanced technological work of real-life CyberPsychologist Mary Aiken. Special Agent Avery Ryan (Arquette) heads the Cyber Crime Division of the FBI, a unit at the forefront of solving illegal activities that start in the mind, live online, and play out in the real world. She also knows firsthand how today’s technology allows people to hide in the shadows of the Internet and commit serious crimes of global proportion. While other agents search for criminals in dark homes and alleys, Ryan searches the “dark net,” a place deep in the bowels of the Web where criminals are anonymous, money is untraceable and where everything is for sale with just a keystroke. Emmy Award winner Ann Donahue, Carol Mendelsohn, Anthony Zuiker, and Emmy Award winners Jerry Bruckheimer and Jonathan Littman are executive producers for CBS Television Studios.

Comedy

THE MCCARTHYS

quote:

THE McCARTHYS is a multi-camera comedy about a loud, sports-crazed Boston family whose somewhat athletically challenged son, Ronny (Tyler Ritter), is chosen by his father to be his assistant high school basketball coach, much to the surprise of his more qualified siblings. Ronny wants nothing more than to move away, join the singles scene and find a partner. His distraught mother, Marjorie (Laurie Metcalf), is not upset that her favorite son is gay, but that he wants to leave Boston and his family. Ronny’s plans change, however, when his politically incorrect and outspoken father, Arthur (Jack McGee), stuns everyone with his choice for an assistant. Touched by his father’s offer, Ronny embarks on a completely different future – and he can be sure that his loving, tight-knit family is going to have a very vocal opinion about it. Jimmy Dunn, Joey McIntyre and Kelen Coleman also star. Brian Gallivan, Mike Sikowitz, Will Gluck and Andy Ackerman are the executive producers for Sony Pictures Television in association with CBS Television Studios. Emmy Award winner Andy Ackerman directed the pilot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkElzRC_GDk

THE ODD COUPLE

quote:

THE ODD COUPLE stars Matthew Perry as endearing slob Oscar Madison and Thomas Lennon as uptight neat freak Felix Unger, two former college buddies who become unlikely roommates after the demise of their marriages. It’s not long after Oscar lets Felix move in that Oscar fears he’s made a monumental mistake. However, despite how exasperated they make each other, these mismatched friends agree they can help each other move on from their divorces and somehow make this crazy living arrangement work. Wendell Pierce and Lindsay Sloane also star. Matthew Perry, Emmy Award winner Joe Keenan, Bob Daily, Sarah Timberman, Carl Beverly, Eric Tannenbaum and Kim Tannenbaum are executive producers for CBS Television Studios.

X-O fucked around with this message at 22:48 on May 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Moving Amazing Race to Fridays? Interesting...

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

3 hours of NCIS a week. I bet they're just copy pasting old episodes by now. Procedurals are the worst.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
How many sitcoms of Perry's will get canceled before he gives up?

devoir
Nov 16, 2007
Really hanging out for the cyber bullying episodes, gaming episodes, Pinterest episodes.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
So is How I Met Your Dad officially dead?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

smg77 posted:

So is How I Met Your Dad officially dead?

Yes.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
amazing race is on friday now?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Forgot about that Odd Couple remake.

Good on Dean Winters for getting a lead in a series and good on him that it's Gilligan's.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

JakeP posted:

amazing race is on friday now?

I guess it's on its last legs.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

BIG CITY LAWYER posted:

How many sitcoms of Perry's will get canceled before he gives up?

In fairness to him, Mr Sunshine and Go On were both enjoyable. Was there a third?

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
I did really like Go On. I guess Studio 60 is the third though that's different

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

quote:

THE McCARTHYS is a multi-camera comedy about a loud, sports-crazed Boston family
PASS.

Also CSI: Cyber has more entertainment in its title than what's going to happen in the show.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 21:02 on May 14, 2014

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
These sure are shows.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
CSI: Cyber should be a hoot. "He's hidden behind a hundred proxies all over the dark net! How will we ever catch this master hacker?"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

SpazmasterX posted:

CSI: Cyber should be a hoot. "He's hidden behind a hundred proxies all over the dark net! How will we ever catch this master hacker?"

Haha now to steal the identities of grandmas everywhere and use their credit cards to buy drugs!!

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
I like Dean Winters and I hope Battle Creek is funny and does well!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Trailers added for several shows.

Also there's this one coming out in two months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcmB-BoY1j0

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
NCIS: New Orleans was absolutely terrible seeming.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Harlock posted:

3 hours of NCIS a week. I bet they're just copy pasting old episodes by now. Procedurals are the worst.

Weren't they already having trouble trying to keep stuff in the purview of the NCIS?

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Not gonna lie: I'm going to miss Friends With Better Lives. I liked it

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Omne posted:

gently caress any show or movie that thinks that a promotional hashtag is more important than the actual title of said show or movie.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Deadpool posted:

Trailers added for several shows.

Also there's this one coming out in two months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcmB-BoY1j0

:catstare:

This is a hell of a thing. Was not prepared for the robot boy. Can't decide if I want this to be legitimately good, or a watchable trainwreck.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Omne posted:

Yeah it aired for what, a month?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Sometimes people make jokes about literally every TV show being a cop show. Then there's CBS making the joke a reality.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I am beyond excited for Matthew Perry and Thomas Lennon to dick around for one (probably not full) season.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Is Bad Teacher already dead? That's hilarious.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Grand Fromage posted:

Sometimes people make jokes about literally every TV show being a cop show. Then there's CBS making the joke a reality.

NBC tried to do this with L&O and failed. Now CBS is doing a 2(3 with Criminal Minds?) assault by having 2 of their biggest shows birth new spinoffs.

Where's the video that talks about how shows do this when the parent show is in crisis mode?

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Omne posted:

It's enjoyably filthy.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I'm gonna pray to every god I don't believe in that Battle Creek is good

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Initial thoughts:

- Amazing Race on Fridays owns because now I'll actually get to watch it since sports won't gently caress up DVR recordings.
- Madam Secretary is hosed beyond belief because nobody is going to be able to accurately plan to watch it.
- My gut says Battle Creek will be good but will probably fail relative to CBS' ratings expectations because it sounds like it doesn't appeal to the elderly.
- What is the difference between Scorpion and CSI: Cyber
- If The Odd Couple doesn't work, Matthew Perry should just give up because there's no way something with those two leads and Wendell Pierce should fail.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'm hoping Amazing Race on Friday isn't the death knell. It's always been popular, and Hawaii Five-0 has survived for a good little while. I don't know how its ratings are doing; maybe CBS is hoping it'll get a stronger lead-in?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

CBS Schedule, new shows should link to trailers:

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
The backdoor pilot for NCIS: New Orleans was even worse than NCIS: Los Angeles, which I did not think possible.

sportsgenius86 posted:

- Madam Secretary is hosed beyond belief because nobody is going to be able to accurately plan to watch it.
Madam Secretary is hosed beyond belief because they cast Tea Leoni as the Secretary of State in a drama.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
Why is that a bad thing? Trailer looked excellent to me.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

John Cena posted:

Is Bad Teacher already dead? That's hilarious.

I am surprised they are still airing it. I figured it would got dumped to Saturday at 2 AM.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

hollylolly posted:

CBS Schedule, new shows should link to trailers:

Loving what you did for the Person of Interest slot. Will you be updating the picture when the s3 boxart group shots come out?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Zaggitz posted:

Loving what you did for the Person of Interest slot. Will you be updating the picture when the s3 boxart group shots come out?

I can! The way I'm piecing the schedules together means I can swap out a show for a different show or different pictures pretty easily. When I get all the networks done and the thread up I am going to make the shows link to their respective threads (when the threads are up). I'll probably make a little "canceled" section to move shows to, as well.

I'm glad you like it!

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
That McCarthys promo made me wretch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Man I'm stoked for CSI Cyber. Can't wait for the episode where she sits down to learn UNIX commands, including a nerd that berates her on what shell to use ("If you don't use zshell... well I'm not going to say." *rolls eyes, sucks on mega-gulp mt dew*).

• Locked thread