Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Delsaber posted:

Old restaurant menus putting everything in quotation marks is really funny sometimes. I wonder how that started and who thought it was a good idea.

I assume it's a liability thing. I also assume Lawler at one point sued a buffet for calling something homemade and having a court case where he describes the features of a home.

Followed by an impassioned defense from JR that what he's described is simply a house. It's the spirit of the food that makes it a home!

But yeah for Lawler I would love every menu item to be in quotes. "Onion" "Rings"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Delsaber posted:

Old restaurant menus putting everything in quotation marks is really funny sometimes. I wonder how that started and who thought it was a good idea.

They put quotes around it because it's not really homemade. Like adding style to something. Buffalo style sauce or brick oven style pizza isn't actually either of those things.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

MJBuddy posted:

I assume it's a liability thing. I also assume Lawler at one point sued a buffet for calling something homemade and having a court case where he describes the features of a home.

Followed by an impassioned defense from JR that what he's described is simply a house. It's the spirit of the food that makes it a home!

But yeah for Lawler I would love every menu item to be in quotes. "Onion" "Rings"

Yeah, that's what really gets me. The implication that everything on that menu isn't exactly what it claims to be, and there's no way of knowing what you're really putting in your body. Or what will happen to you later.

Exactly what I'd expect from a restaurant named after Jerry "The King" Lawler!

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I still see strange quotations in places, usually owned by non-English speaking people. At a gas station the other day I saw a sign for FRESH "BAGELS"

Also, I remember someone asking Scott Hall if he'd ever been to Abdullah's restaurant and if it was any good, and Scott's response was "Abby is a nice man..."

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013

Delsaber posted:

Yeah, that's what really gets me. The implication that everything on that menu isn't exactly what it claims to be, and there's no way of knowing what you're really putting in your body. Or what will happen to you later.

Exactly what I'd expect from a restaurant named after Jerry "The King" Lawler!

The Real King Of Memphis, so shaddap.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Cromulent posted:

I still see strange quotations in places, usually owned by non-English speaking people. At a gas station the other day I saw a sign for FRESH "BAGELS"

Also, I remember someone asking Scott Hall if he'd ever been to Abdullah's restaurant and if it was any good, and Scott's response was "Abby is a nice man..."

As someone who went and Abby wasn't there, I can answer "no it is not".

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Unnecessary quotations happen all the time. Restaurateurs don't exactly have the best grasp of punctuation. Get over it. http://www.unnecessaryquotes.com/

Post pictures you drat goons.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'll Goon you.

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I've come from the future to show you Zach Ryder's:

TNA trading card

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

seth no don't join 3mb

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Looks more like he's joining the Rock N' Rave Infection.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

OmegaBR posted:

Side-bar, if John Cena got a restaurant, what would it be? John Cena's Thug-O-Nuggets?
Wrapadoo

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Kifisonfire posted:

seth no don't join 3mb

Seth, you idiot, Heath said they need a drummer! A drummer!

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
From the June 2014 edition of WWE Kids magazine:

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

The Appetite Adjuster.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Wazzu posted:

Which was quickly parodied:

I like how upset Santino looks about winning the TNA title.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

CombineThresher posted:

The Appetite Adjuster.

Brussels, Boiled teas, Confects

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale

sunsweet posted:

Jesus Christ, those international dishes seem a little bit racist

edit: maybe not racist, but at least a bit culturally insensitive to say that Mexicans eat Nachos for breakfast

Metal Ray Sunshine fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 15, 2014

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

How?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Metal Ray Sunshine posted:

Yes, they should definitely have included at least 12 common breakfasts from each country to avoid seeming racist.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they aren't at all but what's bizarre about a croissant I want a croissant

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

epitasis posted:

they aren't at all but what's bizarre about a croissant I want a croissant

Davey Boy Smith ate them.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It is extremely racist to not include the authentic waffle taco in that breakfast image.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Daniel Bryan's neck injury is from being attacked by toast. It all makes sense now.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Metal Ray Sunshine posted:

edit: maybe not racist, but at least a bit culturally insensitive to say that Mexicans eat Nachos for breakfast

That is basically chilaquiles, which is a common breakfast dish in Mexico.

edit: (chilaquiles are also loving awesome)

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
Don't look like no soda bread I ever ate...

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
How did they get Kofi in there without managing an "I Can Fry" joke?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
poo poo if I could have Nachos for breakfast hell yes I would have Nachos for breakfast.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Find a Mexican restaurant and order chilaquiles for real.

assuming Mexicans offering Mexican food in a Mexican restaurant isn't racist

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Questioning whether I would have wanted to eat one of Jerry Lawler's deviled eggs or not...

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

oldpainless posted:

Find a Mexican restaurant and order chilaquiles for real.

assuming Mexicans offering Mexican food in a Mexican restaurant isn't racist

Buy corn tortillas. Cut them up, pan fry them and put tomato sauce on them, then (put oxaca shredded cheese, optional) put on eggs and beans. Add tapatio to taste.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

squarerandom posted:

Buy corn tortillas. Cut them up, pan fry them and put tomato sauce on them, then (put oxaca shredded cheese, optional) put on eggs and beans. Add tapatio to taste.
This, but Cholula instead of Mexican tabasco sauce. Or something that's actually spicy.

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

That's amazing Guy Fieri cosplay.

OR

Tommy Dreamer found one of those Zack Ryder wigs in the trash.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

sunsweet posted:

Im 26 and I buy this magazine. Uk mags seem to be really goofy and then when you add regular goofy wrestling to it you get like 2 page articles of poo poo, pun based photoshops or free gifts like WWE sweatbands that you wear on your fingers.

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

Shoehead posted:

Im 26 and I buy this magazine. Uk mags seem to be really goofy and then when you add regular goofy wrestling to it you get like 2 page articles of poo poo, pun based photoshops or free gifts like WWE sweatbands that you wear on your fingers.

I buy it whenever I see it, because it's silly and stupid and fun, and that's what I like about wrestling.

You know what I don't like about wrestling?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Dixie and her lazy eye freak me out.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

oldpainless posted:

Dixie and her lazy eye freak me out.

Holy poo poo, why didn't I notice this until now? I knew something was off in her pictures, I just couldn't pinpoint it.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
I never met anyone in my life with a lazy/glass eye until I hit 30. Since then, at least 1:8 seems to be looking another way when I talk to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

what the hell kind of pasta is nuggets?

Also, Abdullah's is loving awesome.