Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
uh
This poll is closed.
embiid 41 32.28%
wiggins 86 67.72%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I hope Marshall Henderson gets drafted by the WWE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SCARYJEINFELD
Oct 30, 2012

It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes.
I hope Henderson doesn't get drafted so I can like, buy insurance off him or whatever in 12 years

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

SCARYJEINFELD posted:

I hope Henderson doesn't get drafted so I can like, buy insurance off him or whatever in 12 years

I don't think you can run an insurance company from jail, especially if you're in there for meth production.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
I thought Elfrid Payton was a junior.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
A short Greives Vasquez sounds a player that should not be drafted

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Declan MacManus posted:

Marshall Henderson is just a series of computer generated GIFs and not a real person, imo

bonus:

gently caress that dude owns. Please make it in the league

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

the_american_dream posted:

A short Greives Vasquez sounds a player that should not be drafted

Style, not potential.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

JRizzle posted:

I thought Elfrid Payton was a junior.

poo poo you're right

He enrolled at ULL when he was 17 so he's really young and I get his poo poo mixed up all the time

Jota posted:

You're getting Noah Vonleh

Pretty much yeah, like there's a chance Embiid's medical issues aren't cleared up before the draft and he falls to the Kings but Vonleh is the right player at the right spot which will make it sadder when he busts

Kibner posted:

Style, not potential.

player comps :downs::arghfist:

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Marcus Smart has met with the Houston Rockets, Toronto Raptors, Los Angeles Lakers, Phoenix Suns and Denver Nuggets.

:ninja:

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
DraftExpress has the full combine measurements if anyone wants them.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I would really like to know how these guys come up with body fat percentages. Russ Smith, 5'11" and 3.5% body fat, presumably a decomposing skeleton.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

chunkles posted:

I would really like to know how these guys come up with body fat percentages. Russ Smith, 5'11" and 3.5% body fat, presumably a decomposing skeleton.

I imagine just the simple caliper test.

e: Also, I didn't know the combine had already happened.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Kibner posted:

I imagine just the simple caliper test.

e: Also, I didn't know the combine had already happened.

It's going on now.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Well Noah Vonleh certainly helped himself with that wingspan, 7'4" will help make up for him being only 6'8"

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Combine was today and you didn't inform anyone Declan? What the gently caress man

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Poor McDermott those are bad measurements

bearic
Apr 14, 2004

john brown split this heart
I really wish that Wiggins did the combine

Only registered members can see post attachments!

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Why do shoes add such a random amount of height to people? Glenn Robinson's shoes apparently add 1.28 inches to his height.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

JRizzle posted:

Why do shoes add such a random amount of height to people? Glenn Robinson's shoes apparently add 1.28 inches to his height.

Different shoes have different sole thicknesses and some players like to wear lifts. The most infamous one I can think of recently is Cole Aldrich. His added 2.25 inches to his height.

bearic
Apr 14, 2004

JRizzle posted:

My favorite measurement is for Cole Aldrich, who really wanted to be classified as a 7-footer with his 2.25" high heels/shoes (6'9" socks, 6'11.25" shoes).

edit: beaten

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

WhyteRyce posted:

The Combine was today and you didn't inform anyone Declan? What the gently caress man

I was busy :mad:

vegaji posted:

I really wish that Wiggins did the combine

No reason to

WhyteRyce posted:

Poor McDermott those are bad measurements

McDermott was never going to blow up the combine like Harrison Barnes. He is what he is

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Its more of so that we can compare his ridiculous numbers to other people for the next decade

bearic
Apr 14, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

Its more of so that we can compare his ridiculous numbers to other people for the next decade
Yeah, I just want to see if he could break the combine record (45.5")

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Declan MacManus posted:

McDermott was never going to blow up the combine like Harrison Barnes. He is what he is

I don't mean athletic numbers I just meant height. Every knows he's not the most athletic guy but he's just 6'6" without shoes and has an unimpressive wingspan so now you might not even be able to hide him at PF

quote:

-Doug McDermott: McDermott didn't exactly help himself measuring only 6-6 ¼ without shoes, 218 pounds and an average 6-9 ¼ wingspan. McDermott already struggles athletically and has some serious tweener concerns on the defensive end. Although not quite as long, McDermott compares physically to Tobias Harris (6-6 ½ no shoes, 223 pounds, and a 6-11 wingspan). NBA Teams expressed some concern about McDermott's ability to spend time at the power forward position due to his underwhelming measurements.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Kibner posted:

Style, not potential.

Yes. That. Point stands.

Edit: Unless im confusing Vasquez and hes not someone who is slow and cant shoot

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 00:56 on May 16, 2014

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

The Glumslinger posted:

Well Noah Vonleh certainly helped himself with that wingspan, 7'4" will help make up for him being only 6'8"

6'8 barefoot. He'll be over 6'9 in shoes, which is a fine height for a PF especially with that wingspan. He's basically the size of Zack Randolph.

I'd say Randle helped himself here as well. He measured out with a 7' wingspan which is an inch longer than was expected.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm assuming most of the top prospects wussed out of doing the athletic tests?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

WhyteRyce posted:

I'm assuming most of the top prospects wussed out of doing the athletic tests?

None of Parker, Wiggins, or Embiid attended the combine. I also, think athleticism tests are on the second day

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Yes. That. Point stands.

Edit: Unless im confusing Vasquez and hes not someone who is slow and cant shoot

Vasquez is slow but can shoot.

Forget about the quality of player that is in the comparison. It is just being used to give you a better idea of the actions the prospect takes while playing. For a (bad) example, Royce White played similar to LeBron. Doesn't mean Royce was the next LeBron. Just meant that he plays point forward.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Yes. That. Point stands.

Ennis is a way better shooter than Declan's giving him credit for.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ah ok

Kibner posted:

Vasquez is slow but can shoot.

Forget about the quality of player that is in the comparison. It is just being used to give you a better idea of the actions the prospect takes while playing. For a (bad) example, Royce White played similar to LeBron. Doesn't mean Royce was the next LeBron. Just meant that he plays point forward.

I know how these are supposed to work my guy.

Your post is exactly why I said I liked the comparisons in the last thread. I guess your confusion is I dont think Vasquez is a good player and a shorter guy with his STYLE sounds dreadful. Not that he will literally be Vasquez

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Ah ok

I know how these are supposed to work my guy.

Your post is exactly why I said I liked the comparisons in the last thread. I guess your confusion is I dont think Vasquez is a good player and a shorter guy with his STYLE sounds dreadful. Not that he will literally be Vasquez

My bad. :)

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The new Joel Embiid player comp at NBADraft.net is just as good as I thought it would be:
code:
NBA Comparison: Tim Duncan/Akeem Olajuwon
That's right: Joel Embiid will be a hybrid of Tim Duncan and Hakeem Olajuwon.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
why the heck did they go with the screwed up, non-Muslim version of Hakeem's name?

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

MourningView posted:

why the heck did they go with the screwed up, non-Muslim version of Hakeem's name?

Nbadraft.net website comp: your cousins geocites page from 96 and a mix of YouTube comments.

This prospect rates a 107

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Player draft projection: End of first round
Player comparison: Michael Jordan

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

MourningView posted:

Maybe they're saying his ceiling is pre name-change Hakeem.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
nbadraft.net is the most amateur site I have ever seen be even remotely popular this side of drudge

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Time posted:

nbadraft.net is the most amateur site I have ever seen be even remotely popular this side of drudge
But that was part of what made Drudge so popular (yes yes politics I know): his site was/is literally just a shitload of text links to click and a few ads along the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Exum refuted the claims that he'll only play for the Lakers. I honestly don't know anything about him, I just am hoping the Lakers draft big since I think their front line is going to be pretty awful for sure next year, while their back court is just likely to be awful instead of a sure thing.

E: All the mock drafts say different things and it confuses me, I can't navigate this at all so I'm just going to play with this ESPN thing http://espn.go.com/nba/lottery2014/mockdraft because the Lakers keep getting the second pick out of it and then #1 drafts Parker first instead of Wiggins every time.

Rick fucked around with this message at 11:44 on May 16, 2014

• Locked thread