Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
Got old money, could buy a dinosaur

Groveling Toast posted:

I got it for 360, I'm not spending $500 for one game.

Work related, we moved to tablets in the cars and I hate my life

I'm curious as to how that works. You're using it as the MDC? I've had both the laptop and the dash mounted screen with the horrible unmoving keyboard at the front of the center console.

I could see the tablet having some advantages but without an external keyboard I know I'd go nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Of all the things that could have possibly been responsible for my retardation, I'm guessing owning a PS3 is going to be low on that list

Groveling Toast
Jun 2, 2008

SrgMagnum posted:

I'm curious as to how that works. You're using it as the MDC? I've had both the laptop and the dash mounted screen with the horrible unmoving keyboard at the front of the center console.

I could see the tablet having some advantages but without an external keyboard I know I'd go nuts.

It has an external keyboard but it's terrible. It's like something made for a playstation. Because of the size of the keyboard it kills your wrists to type on.

The screen size makes the GPS pointless because you can basically see the other cars are somewhere in the city. And moving from XP to 7 has been a nightmare software wise.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
Happy Police Week guys :3:

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Happy Peace Officers Day!

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Rain rain go away... and gently caress you!.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Untagged posted:

Rain rain go away... and gently caress you!.

Lookit dem hogs in slop

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
Don't forget to load your weapons.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

It's an HK magazine.

For those who don't get the joke: http://i.imgur.com/9DuAynx.jpg

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
women & rifles makin me lol

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
jesus christ, CPD can't afford flat tops or what? That EOtech is mounted so loving far forward.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Branis posted:

jesus christ, CPD can't afford flat tops or what? That EOtech is mounted so loving far forward.

Equipment issues are just the start of CPD's problems.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
I feel like in 2014 you almost have to go out of your way to get a rifle without a removable carry handle.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Don't forget to load your weapons.

lmbo @ mounting an optic on a handguard rail

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

lmbo @ mounting an optic on a handguard rail

Meh, makes for a great back up sight.

But also a good way to mess up that eotech.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
if you already have to look through your peep sight to see the eotech, doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of a holosight? Probably would be better to mount an aimpoint on the carry handle.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Branis posted:

if you already have to look through your peep sight to see the eotech, doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of a holosight? Probably would be better to mount an aimpoint on the carry handle.
It could be a lower 1/3 co-witness, which puts the sight plane slightly below the dot when looking through the EOTech. Either way, I don't think mounting an optic on that kind of rail is a good idea. There are rails that clamp to the carry handle, making for a more stable mount.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Things that happened last night....

A known Sovereign Citizen calls in saying there a large suspicious package on her doorstep and wants PD to pick it up. They actually get in an argument with the call taker over if the PD will pick it up. While enroute it's discovered that they're also wanted. By now I have a ton of warning flags and sirens going off on my head. Luckily the Sov is already outside and near the street so we don't have to go near the house or bomb package. We end up taking them into custody all the while the sov is going down the playbook of demands, etc. They get dropped off at the next jurisdiction who has the warrant out on them. I do end up checking the box, and it appears to be legit and not tampered with(legit business, tracking #, UPS delivered it, etc.). No clue why a sovereign would call PD, but :iiam:

Just after midnight I get called out to 2 males pulling a rope across the road with something hanging in the middle. My partner beats me there and already has the 2 juveniles detained and is questioning them. I pull up and see that it's a large rope across the intersection with "PROM?" hanging in the middle. I just shake my head, get the 2 juvenile's ID's, and cut them loose with a "good luck" and "please don't cause a traffic accident."

At the end of the shift, I get called out to a juvenile who is high on LSD. I pull up onscene and sure enough, there's a juvenile who's high as gently caress. Despite the fact he's tripping balls, he's very compliant and behaves while we wait for rescue. Rescue ends up taking him to the hospital and I call his parents. Apparently he was sleeping over at a friend's house when they decided to try some LSD. He ends up tripping, runs outside, and makes his way across town to the neighborhood I found him in, where he proceeds to pound on a door screaming "Mom!? Mom!? Mom!?"

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
If you've got a carry handle you've already lost. There will be no HSLD for you :(

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

JayKay posted:

No clue why a sovereign would call PD, but :iiam:

Because the constitutional sheriff won't answer calls for service in your county. Sovereigns really are schizophrenic. Talk about flavor of the month crazy, because when they need help guess who they still call.

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working

beanieson posted:

If you've got a carry handle you've already lost. There will be no HSLD for you :(

It's pretty clear in that picture there's a knob on the left side, so it's a detachable handle. Makes it even better.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
No stun gun for you if they take this...which they probably maybe wont. So, bullets would move up to #2 in the batting order right after pepper spray?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/18/taser-death-could-get-supreme-court-review/

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Reign Of Pain posted:

No stun gun for you if they take this...which they probably maybe wont. So, bullets would move up to #2 in the batting order right after pepper spray?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/18/taser-death-could-get-supreme-court-review/

where do sick rear end wing chun moves fit in on the deadly force continuum? im guessing its at the top

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

where do sick rear end wing chun moves fit in on the deadly force continuum? im guessing its at the top

You're not authorized to use wing chun since you've had no training.

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.
50,000 volts right there in the first paragraph. As soon as I read that I knew the type of person that was writing this article.

If I was writing an article about a car wreck I wouldn't start off with the weight of the car: "Mr. Smith was operating a vehicle that weighed in at over 4,000 pounds! when he slammed into another vehicle at an intersection Friday night... The driver of the other vehicle was dragged away crying, bleeding and screaming by paramedics to the emergency room where the Doctors desperately tried to stitch the pieces back together. A witness reported that the Dr.'s might have been appalled at the devastation to human flesh! " Never mind the fact that Mr. Smith was the victim, the other car ran a red light.

Fox news:
"Pikes began showing signs of distress a short time after officers dragged him into the police department building in the central Louisiana town of Winnfield."

Article makes absolutely no reference to Pikes actions that caused all of this to happen, or the danger that he placed responding officers in.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Citycop posted:

Article makes absolutely no reference to Pikes actions that caused all of this to happen, or the danger that he placed responding officers in.

Je veux bien que messieurs les crimes commencent

Unrelated: http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2010/0628/opinions-rich-karlgaard-digital-rules-millionaire-cop-next-door.html

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
Who are America’s fastest-growing class of millionaires? They are police officers, firefighters, teachers and federal bureaucrats, who, unless things change drastically, will be paid something near their full salaries every year–until death–after retiring in their mid-50s. That is equivalent to a retirement sum worth millions of dollars.

Holy poo poo. Burn wallstreet to the ground.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

:homebrew:

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Yeah, this screams down with pensions and up with 401Ks.

~ So we can make more money off the increased fund commissions and trading expenses. Thanks. ~

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
The obvious math / concept error is that people normally burn at least some principal along with the interest for retirement income; assume principal has been burned to zero at time of death (or spouse's death, assuming survivor benefits) and the equivalent nest egg gets a whole lot smaller.

Of course you hear about cops (that have probably not worked outside the office in ages) pulling weird OT/vacation games to make like $400k/yr their last few years to juice retirement, just as with 'teachers' who haven't seen a school building in ages doing the same thing (these usually seem to be in Cali for whatever reason.) Or federal bureaucrats that, well, you know. But that's not what that article's bitching about.

E: Actually once you throw inflation in there it really is about 2m$ if you stretch bennies out 30 years

Snowdens Secret fucked around with this message at 16:38 on May 19, 2014

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
the article is just offended that plebs get to retire at all. We should be in perpetual servitude to the master class. I've seen people do the OT thing where they pound it out during the last couple years, and I don't really have a problem with it cause gently caress I don't want to work the overtime that's there, and if they wanna work 18 hour days 7 days a week for the lst 3 years of their life since they will inevitably die of a heart attack a year after they retire that's fine with me.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Some pensions are kinda ridiculous and if you can't understand that you're being willfully obtuse.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax
forbes is the weekly world news of finance publications

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Some pensions are kinda ridiculous and if you can't understand that you're being willfully obtuse.

:homebrew:

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

We don't get to count OT in our Pensions contributions, health care is not included, and it's only about 50% of our salary. So gently caress you kind of got mine.

You should all be saving like your pension won't be there when you retire just in case though. If it is, :fuckya:.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Yeah it's less about 'fat cat coppers' and more about pension commitments often being very hard to understand / poorly communicated to taxpayers by the elected officials who agree to them. And yeah, Forbes's blogs are sometimes good but usually crap. I didn't want to debate the merits, just thought y'all would get a chuckle.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Untagged posted:

We don't get to count OT in our Pensions contributions, health care is not included, and it's only about 50% of our salary. So gently caress you kind of got mine.

You should all be saving like your pension won't be there when you retire just in case though. If it is, :fuckya:.

Mine is the same. Of course, we have a designated contribution plan as opposed to a designated benefit plan, so ours is much more ~*~*free market*~*~ and isn't really much of a burden on taxpayers since they are just sharing the contribution costs and letting the market pay for inflation.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
http://wsau.com/news/articles/2014/may/19/update-name-released-in-portage-county-officer-involved-shooting/

The loving Article posted:

PLOVER, Wis. (WSAU) -- Plover police have identified man shot and killed in an off-duty deputy's home on Saturday.

The man shot was 30-year-old Charles Jameson of Stevens Point. Police Chief Dwayne Wierzba says that Deputy Tony Gischia and another person arrived at Gischia's home around 1:00 am on Saturday to find Jameson inside the home wearing a mask. A scuffle ensued and Jameson was then shot and killed.

An examination of the house showed that accelerant had been spread throughout the home.

Investigators say that Jameson, Gischia and the other person were all acquainted.

No other information is being released at this time.

The Wisconsin Department of Justice, the State Patrol Technical Reconstruction Unit, and the Wisconsin Crime Lab are assisting Plover officers with the investigation.

Wierzba said on Saturday that this was an isolated incident and there is no continuing threat to area residents.

Stay safe out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

quote:

An examination of the house showed that accelerant had been spread throughout the home.

I'm assuming this is arson-related and the guy wasn't just tossing around amphetamine derivatives?

• Locked thread