Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I really don't think they give too much of a poo poo what Ziggler tweets and that he'd be in pretty much the same boat now if he never tweeted anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

NienNunb posted:

I really don't think they give too much of a poo poo what Ziggler tweets and that he'd be in pretty much the same boat now if he never tweeted anything.

I disagree, clearly, because that's what would happen in a regular job. You get punished for being a fuckhead. They clearly like the guy, he's lasted as long as he has, they got pissed off at Ryback for injuring him. He's just an egomaniac twit who can't shut his mouth.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Ziggler's probably gotten heat for some of his tweets but the main thing is probably still his refusal to make the in-ring changes he's been asked to make

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Onmi posted:

I disagree, clearly, because that's what would happen in a regular job. You get punished for being a fuckhead. They clearly like the guy, he's lasted as long as he has, they got pissed off at Ryback for injuring him. He's just an egomaniac twit who can't shut his mouth.

The company is also run by a a fantastically petty man.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Didn't he get in deep poo poo because of trashing Total Divas on twitter?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Onmi posted:

I would agree if he were getting jobbed to oblivion every week or completely off TV, but he's in about the same position as every other guy creative has nothing for. I'm sure the twitter thing has gotten some heat on him, but his current position I'd chalk up more to his concussions derailing him, his in-ring style, and the fact that he's short.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

NienNunb posted:

I think both sides have made it pretty clear there won't be a contract renewal.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
While I agree that you have to be careful what you say on twitter, they get so many mixed messages about what they're supposed to do in order to actually be successful, I can't necessarily fault somebody for trying to stand out, or even for blowing off steam. The longest reigning WWE Champion of the modern age got to that point by doing precisely that.

Zack Ryder's a perfect example. He got over on his own, handed them money on a silver platter, and they made him a cuckold on crutches before turning his very existence into a joke. I know a lot of people have turned on him because of his recent tweets, and I can't say I find it appealing either, but I can't really blame the guy given how completely screwed over he was.

Really this whole thing boils down to the incompetence of the company to use all of their talent in an effective way. Dolph Ziggler doesn't need to be a world title contender, but I can't remember the last time he was on TV before RAW Monday night. Look at a guy like Big E even - has all the traits they look for, friends with their golden goose, and he wins the Intercontinental Championship to promptly ... do absolutely nothing with it before dropping it to Bad News Barrett. Who, I'm sure, will follow the same footsteps more or less.

I guess what I'm saying is, if there was more of general confidence amongst talent that they mattered, they wouldn't feel compulsion to make these little quips on twitter. Say what you will about the Attitude Era, but at least the people on the roster always had a role. The Oddities would face The Headbangers in the opening match of a PPV instead of on Superstars, and there would be some kind of story to it, and the whole crowd would be doing that arm waving thing along with the Oddities and be excited to see them.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Onmi posted:

Also, there was this in the latest observer

so if the WWE expects it of new recruits, they should expect it of their current talent.

Saying snarky poo poo about your company/co-workers, dumb as it may be, is worlds apart from "teach my kid that it's OK to be gay and I'll shoot you in the face" or whatever Jay Briscoe said.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I never watched ROH, but I really liked the Brisco videos people would post. I was big fans of theirs. Then that happened, and I realized that their gimmick wasn't a gimmick.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The company is also run by a a fantastically petty man.

I will never, ever over how McIntyre has been treated since his incident with Tiffany. He deserves better. Anyone watching him in the ring can see that.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/467113683106430976

quote:

Just announced for #NXTTakeover @KonnorWWE & @ViktorRiseWWE #TheAscension vs. @KalistoWWE & @ChimaerasRage for the #NXTTagTeam Championship!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

OmegaBR posted:

While I agree that you have to be careful what you say on twitter, they get so many mixed messages about what they're supposed to do in order to actually be successful, I can't necessarily fault somebody for trying to stand out, or even for blowing off steam. The longest reigning WWE Champion of the modern age got to that point by doing precisely that.

Zack Ryder's a perfect example. He got over on his own, handed them money on a silver platter, and they made him a cuckold on crutches before turning his very existence into a joke. I know a lot of people have turned on him because of his recent tweets, and I can't say I find it appealing either, but I can't really blame the guy given how completely screwed over he was.

Really this whole thing boils down to the incompetence of the company to use all of their talent in an effective way. Dolph Ziggler doesn't need to be a world title contender, but I can't remember the last time he was on TV before RAW Monday night. Look at a guy like Big E even - has all the traits they look for, friends with their golden goose, and he wins the Intercontinental Championship to promptly ... do absolutely nothing with it before dropping it to Bad News Barrett. Who, I'm sure, will follow the same footsteps more or less.

I guess what I'm saying is, if there was more of general confidence amongst talent that they mattered, they wouldn't feel compulsion to make these little quips on twitter. Say what you will about the Attitude Era, but at least the people on the roster always had a role. The Oddities would face The Headbangers in the opening match of a PPV instead of on Superstars, and there would be some kind of story to it, and the whole crowd would be doing that arm waving thing along with the Oddities and be excited to see them.

Ryder's push was dead either way. In the build up to TLC his segments were ratings poison and things didn't improve when he got the US title. They didn't give him a great push even at first but it was pretty clear hardcore fans really liked the idea of him and no one really cared about him as a wrestler.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

AMReese posted:

I will never, ever over how McIntyre has been treated since his incident with Tiffany. He deserves better. Anyone watching him in the ring can see that.

it's because he got a decent push when he debuted and didn't get over

is he better than comedy jobber? Probably, but they haven't thought of anything better yet so whatever. He looks like he's having fun and I'm having fun watching him right now which is more than I could say for another generic midcard heel with an accent

oatgan fucked around with this message at 05:26 on May 16, 2014

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
McIntyre's push was hilariously, hilariously bad. He feuded with TEDDY LONG.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Golden Bee posted:

McIntyre's push was hilariously, hilariously bad. He feuded with TEDDY LONG.

Vince McMahon introduced him the future face of the company and his gimmick was that he beat people in like two minutes with his move. I don't think he lost a match for like 6 months. Then everything went off the rails with him losing matches and Vince insisting those matches be erased from history so that Drew's undefeated streak remain.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

oatgan posted:

Vince McMahon introduced him the future face of the company and his gimmick was that he beat people in like two minutes with his move. I don't think he lost a match for like 6 months. Then everything went off the rails with him losing matches and Vince insisting those matches be erased from history so that Drew's undefeated streak remain.

So his career is an elaborate rib on Goldberg? idgi

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

If you think for one second that two toothless guys covered in confederate flags who have never cut a promo that didn't begin or end with "HEY FUCKIN SHITASS AY GODDAMN YOU FUCKIN SHITS YO FUCKIN I'M FUCKIN GONNA KILL YOU FUCKIN SHITHEADS FUCKFACE poo poo" but missed out on a their shot at WWE because of one tweet then...well nevermind I forgot that you all do in fact believe that.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Mob posted:

If you think for one second that two toothless guys covered in confederate flags who have never cut a promo that didn't begin or end with "HEY FUCKIN SHITASS AY GODDAMN YOU FUCKIN SHITS YO FUCKIN I'M FUCKIN GONNA KILL YOU FUCKIN SHITHEADS FUCKFACE poo poo" but missed out on a their shot at WWE because of one tweet then...well nevermind I forgot that you all do in fact believe that.

Well they did stop using that one dude from the Team Hell No anger management segments immediately after he called someone a human being on twitter. It's not like it's that crazy to think that's the reason they didn't get hired, but yeah the Briscoes weren't going to be in WWE for many reasons

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mob posted:

If that mattered they probably wouldn't have given them so many try outs and gotten so close to signing them ROH wrote them out of storylines only to change their minds right after the tweet.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

schweens posted:

Well they did stop using that one dude from the Team Hell No anger management segments immediately after he called someone a human being on twitter. It's not like it's that crazy to think that's the reason they didn't get hired, but yeah the Briscoes weren't going to be in WWE for many reasons

Its not like he made a rape joke on Live TV or anything.

Hammond Edgar
Apr 24, 2008

Corzaa posted:

Its not like he made a rape joke on Live TV or anything.

He didn't, that was Abraham Washington. The anger management guy was Scorpio Sky.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Mob posted:

I said I thought it was a gimmick, then realized it wasn't. Since my main exposure to the guys was Bryan and Vinnie songs and the occasional Youtube clip, I don't think that's really all that stupid.

Lots of people swore a lot before going to WWE.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Sky's situation was notable as well in that he was the only guy I can think of where WWE made it publicly known that he was blacklisted as a result of his tweets.

Of course they still used him in one spot like a year later.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

If that mattered they probably wouldn't have given them so many try outs and gotten so close to signing them ROH wrote them out of storylines only to change their minds right after the tweet.

I'm pretty sure you guys are remembering it wrong, the tweet happened a while after WWE passed on them.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

oatgan posted:

I still say he was a victim of that period of WWE where everyone who was a heel had to talk and dress like Chris Jericho and wrestle a slow style.

That's not his natural cadence, his style or his dress sense. It's a shame too, because he should have been somewhere near the top by now rather than the workhorse of the comedy jobbers.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Arbite posted:

I'm pretty sure you guys are remembering it wrong, the tweet happened a while after WWE passed on them.

He made the tweet in May of last year while he was ROH champion and WWE was still interested but waiting for their ROH contracts to expire. The contracts held things up earlier in the spring and expired in June. ROH then wrote them out of the storylines after the Best in the World show last year when the contracts expired with the internal belief they'd be back but not wanting to take chances.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Hey, remember when Vince used to put every female wrestler in Playboy, then stopped, then refused to let that one huge chick into NXT because she took "fetish photos" with no nudity?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

skaboomizzy posted:

Hey, remember when Vince used to put every female wrestler in Playboy, then stopped, then refused to let that one huge chick into NXT because she took "fetish photos" with no nudity?

OTOH this gave us Kaitlyn (RIP), so can't complain that much

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

skaboomizzy posted:

I thought that they didn't use her because of a combination of mental health issues and the fact that as a wrestler she was way worse than even Khali?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

a retard posted:

and the fact that as a wrestler she was way worse than even Khali?

That didn't stop them from hiring any of the other current divas, though?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Shima Honnou posted:

That didn't stop them from hiring any of the other current divas, though?

She also didn't 'fit the mold' of what WWE traditionally looks for in a Diva in that she was big and muscley.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Isis is one of the most atrocious wrestlers I've ever had the displeasure of watching in my entire life so I don't care what stupid reason they came up with to fire her rear end as long as she's gone.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Isis getting fired before NXT meant we were robbed of months of Mob making jokes.

She couldn't possibly be so bad as to be worth losing that.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I heard that Colt Cabana hosed her. I heard he ate her pussy while shaving her pubes into a triangle and then bragging about "eating Doritos".

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

I heard that Colt Cabana hosed her. I heard he ate her pussy while shaving her pubes into a triangle and then bragging about "eating Doritos".

Cool.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

it's Colt Cabana so there's probably an itemized invoice out there addressed to Isis to validate this

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gonzo McFee posted:

You should at least mention that you heard this from Konnan so we know the approximate size of the grain of salt we should take this with.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

You should at least mention that you heard this from Dave Meltzer so we know the approximate size of the grain of salt we should take this with.

Shhhhh.

Don't ruin the magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Gonzo McFee posted:

Ranch Doritos?