Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3554580/

Probably just some smartass having fun on IMDB but it lists Jensen Ackles as the voice of Arkham Knight and since Jensen voiced Jason Todd on the animated movie...

It's crap cause now it's Christopher Eccleston

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Veotax posted:

That and the character profile you unlock specifically states that it's Tim Drake.

People look at those?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Mogomra posted:

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but which Robin is in Arkham City? I'm assuming it's Tim Drake, but I guess it could be Jason Todd. I honestly can't remember if it's mentioned anywhere, or if I'm just supposed to know...

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Crappy Jack posted:

It's Tim Drake, I forget if it's Oracle or Batman, but someone in the Harley DLC explicitly calls him "Tim" at some point.

It's Oracle.

Additionally, I'm pretty sure the bo staff is Tim's signature weapon.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's Oracle.

Additionally, I'm pretty sure the bo staff is Tim's signature weapon.

While this is true, I also feel like the animated series gave Dick the bo staff, since his design was heavily based on Tim's (at the time) anyway. But I can't remember.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I really don't remember Dick using a bo staff in TAS. I don't even remember him using a weapon as Nightwing.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

DrNutt posted:

To be fair to Tomb Raider, they did actually address this in the plot and dialogue if you pay attention. They just didn't have it affect the gameplay outside of one or two scripted sequences.

I just rewatched the ending on YouTube. She's acting like she's just had a tough day at work. A few scenes of "omg" scattered throughout the game don't really make up for this.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Kin posted:

I just rewatched the ending on YouTube. She's acting like she's just had a tough day at work. A few scenes of "omg" scattered throughout the game don't really make up for this.

I'll second this.

After watching close friends being brutally murdered, killing dozens, if not hundreds of people in the most vicious ways possible, and almost being killed numerous times she suddenly seems to go "I can't stop now."

Are you kidding me? Why can't you? All you did was have friends die, kill a bunch of people, have people die trying to rescue you with nothing to show for it besides some magical self confidence that unorganically shows up out of nowhere basically.

To be clear I liked Tomb Raider. It's exploration and chase sequences were great. Could've gone for a lot less combat though.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I only got sick of Tomb Raider's combat around the third time going back through the big central village zone and running into another inexplicable dozen men screaming KILL THE OUTSIDER. Her bow is really satisfying to use, especially when you unlock the melee counters for it!

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I think Far Cry 3 had the better bow since it actually had drop. But as for the combat, it was just way too simplistic. I could pop people from cover all day and I would only have to move if someone threw a molotov, and even then, you don't have to move very far.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I only got sick of Tomb Raider's combat around the third time going back through the big central village zone and running into another inexplicable dozen men screaming KILL THE OUTSIDER. Her bow is really satisfying to use, especially when you unlock the melee counters for it!

Oh sorry, I should clarify that the combat gameplay was fun but I just enjoyed the exploration and "oh poo poo everything is falling apart run run run run" cinematic moments more.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Just finished NG+ and still don't have all the drat dark knight bullshit. I need the predator room ones still. Do I have to subject myself to "I am the Night" mode to get these, or can I just re-start NG+?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Diabetic posted:

It's crap cause now it's Christopher Eccleston

Arkham Knight 100% confirmed as a Doctor Who/Batman crossover and the informal introduction to Rocksteady's acquisition of the Doctor Who game license.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Jerusalem posted:

Arkham Knight 100% confirmed as a Doctor Who/Batman crossover and the informal introduction to Rocksteady's acquisition of the Doctor Who game license.
If you play as the Third Doctor, they can reuse the Arkham combat engine as you fight mobs of enemies using Venusian Akido combos and counters. You'd still even get to use the cape stun!

Half the game would be spent breaking out of prison cells only to be immediately recaptured, though. And you'd only get to use the Whomobile for a couple of brief sequences right at the end.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Unironically want to play that game.

To be fair though, Pertwee's cape is ALWAYS stunning :allears:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Pre-order to unlock Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart's challenge room campaign!

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
I want to play the pre-Batman, training with League of Shadows DLC, but it doesn't seem to be available. Even though I have the alternate suits (vigilante and initiate). WTF? What am I missing?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Jerusalem posted:

Combining one of the most awesome things of all time (Batman) with one of the lamest things of all time (Doctor Who) sounds like a recipe for boring.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

nickmeister posted:

I want to play the pre-Batman, training with League of Shadows DLC, but it doesn't seem to be available. Even though I have the alternate suits (vigilante and initiate). WTF? What am I missing?

The League of Shadows DLC is just a regular Challenge Room Campaign mode but it has cutscenes. Start the Campaign via the Challenge Room when playing as Initiation Bruce.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

ImpAtom posted:

The League of Shadows DLC is just a regular Challenge Room Campaign mode but it has cutscenes. Start the Campaign via the Challenge Room when playing as Initiation Bruce.

Ah. Got it. I think I'm done buying "season passes".

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Actually its Batman/GI Joe where he punches the everloving gently caress out of Destro and defeats all of Cobra.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I really don't remember Dick using a bo staff in TAS. I don't even remember him using a weapon as Nightwing.

I think he meant in Teen Titans, which did indeed feature Robin using a bo staff as his signature weapon. It caused a lot of arguments as to whether or not the Teen Titans Robin was meant to be Dick or Tim (Dick was the original founding Robin of the Teen Titans, but the costume and bo staff were definitely Tim's). It was eventually confirmed that he was Dick Grayson but the creators went on record as saying that when he was originally being designed, he was just "Robin" and was just an amalgamation.

The bo staff has always been Tim's signature weapon and these days, Dick's signature weapons are his escrima sticks but I'm not sure when that started because he definitely didn't have them in TAS.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

CuwiKhons posted:

I think he meant in Teen Titans, which did indeed feature Robin using a bo staff as his signature weapon. It caused a lot of arguments as to whether or not the Teen Titans Robin was meant to be Dick or Tim (Dick was the original founding Robin of the Teen Titans, but the costume and bo staff were definitely Tim's). It was eventually confirmed that he was Dick Grayson but the creators went on record as saying that when he was originally being designed, he was just "Robin" and was just an amalgamation.

Makes sense. Robin in Teen Titans definitely had a lot of Jason Todd's anger.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Yeah I got my cartoons mixed up. I thought Dick only started using his sticks when he became Nightwing, never as Robin.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
They're pretty prominently displayed on the cover of Nightwing #1, and I'm going to say it's something Chuck Dixon came up with. As to when in-universe:

Looks like Bruce taught him way back when.
(I think this is from Nightwing Year One?)

redbackground fucked around with this message at 15:12 on May 19, 2014

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Official Gameplay Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxa34RatmSc

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Was just about to post that. You would not be able to convince me that's footage from a game. Hnnnngh.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

I think there was about .5 seconds of actual gameplay in that trailer, a part where the Batmobile appears to be charging through the sewer not unlock Sonic 2's secret levels.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
True. There's very little gameplay, but at least everything shown is in-engine and not pre-rendered like in the previous games. I still can't wait to explore all of Gotham.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

Was just about to post that. You would not be able to convince me that's footage from a game. Hnnnngh.

Really? It's almost certainly a mix of me having played the previous games maxed-out on PC and lovely YT compression (c'mon Rocksteady, release a high-bitrate version), but I don't think it looks THAT amazing. But a lot of the next-gen stuff is probably going to be things like world size and seamless building transitions.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Looks like a lot of half second clips of gameplay with a "cinematic" camera or whatever you want to call it.

Still looks nice though!

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I think it was Giant Bombcast a few months ago where they were talking about the behind-the-curtain gameplay that they saw and it matches with everything in the trailer.

I definitely like the idea of the Batmobile being called in from anywhere and that it smashes through everything. I don't know how they're going to balance that with combat, though. It's not like Batman will run over criminals in the street.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

al-azad posted:

It's not like Batman will run over criminals in the street.

They showed the Batmobile motoring down the street with cons diving out of its way in that trailer. I'm assuming that's going to be how the game handles it.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Phylodox posted:

They showed the Batmobile motoring down the street with cons diving out of its way in that trailer. I'm assuming that's going to be how the game handles it.

The Crazy Taxi/Midtown Madness solution. If you press your body against a building you can protect yourself from any speeding vehicle.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

BreakAtmo posted:

Really? It's almost certainly a mix of me having played the previous games maxed-out on PC and lovely YT compression (c'mon Rocksteady, release a high-bitrate version), but I don't think it looks THAT amazing. But a lot of the next-gen stuff is probably going to be things like world size and seamless building transitions.

Yep. You aren't gonna have any Night and Day comparisons from current to next-gen graphics anymore since the PSX-PS2 change. Even the PS2-PS3 wasn't so impressive graphics-wise, but the sheer space and loading times were impressive as well as HD compatibility. It just looked a little nicer with a few bells and whistles.

Have they announced any other Batmobile skins? I hate to say it but the only reason I pre-ordered AO for the PS3 was because of the Adam West costume (which was totally worth it since it's so loving goofy). So now I want to drive like an rear end in a top hat with the greatest movie car ever ('66 Batmobile)

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
It was so weird to me that they removed the Batman Beyond costume from singleplayer in Origins. That basically made an entire playthrough for me in City.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Have these been shared yet?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Have these been shared yet?

They made Harley look tough and didn't dress her in ridiculously revealing clothing? Hallelujah!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Playing through arkham city for the fourth and final time to get everything, I keep finding new, excellent things to pick up on I'd missed in previous runs. When you get near the unconscious, bandaged patient in the church, a nearby radio plays a news story about how Wayne is caught in Arkham City. In response to the radio, the bandaged dude groans "wayne" in his sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

When you get near the unconscious, bandaged patient in the church, a nearby radio plays a news story about how Wayne is caught in Arkham City. In response to the radio, the bandaged dude groans "wayne" in his sleep.

If you didn't already know, that's because he's Hush, the Identity Killer who has been stealing people's faces to disguise himself as Bruce Wayne.

• Locked thread