Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Qu Appelle posted:

I hope that every sitcom needs a rail thin Indian guy.

I hope you can find other work, Danny Pudi :ohdear:

He will be joining Agents of Shield this fall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
Don't worry, I'm sure that he'll find some work. Maybe the Big Bang Theory could cast him as a new zany character?

EDIT: Okay, him joining Agents of Shield would actually be pretty loving cool.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Especially if he joined it as Abed.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

bobkatt013 posted:

He will be joining Agents of Shield this fall.

Whoa, cool, I hadn't heard about this. Do you have a link?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Error 404 posted:

Whoa, cool, I hadn't heard about this. Do you have a link?

I was joking due to his cameo in Captain America.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

bobkatt013 posted:

My emotions, MY EMOTIONS!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

bobkatt013 posted:

Ok, but it would be cool if they made his cameo a thing.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Error 404 posted:

Ok, but it would be cool if they made his cameo a thing.

He ended up on Cougar Town.

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

It makes me really sad that Danny Pudi is probably going to have next to no career after this.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

Illegal how? There are no laws that say anything you report has to be true or avoid conflicts of interest. The only time truth actually matters is in libel cases.
Wait. Are they publicly traded? This is important.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

LividLiquid posted:

It really isn't. If Sony owns a media outlet saying Sony is thinking about doing something, the story confirms itself.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Skunny Wundy posted:

It makes me really sad that Danny Pudi is probably going to have next to no career after this.

He can always go back to being the butt dialer.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Irish Joe posted:

It really isn't. If Sony owns a media outlet saying Sony is thinking about doing something, the story confirms itself.
But it's not Sony saying they're doing something. It's a publishing arm making up fake news that makes the company look good.

But I forgot it's Sony, and they're not an American company, and it's a subsidiary of a subsidiary, so I'm waaaaay out of my knowledge base here.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Skunny Wundy posted:

One good trend I'm seeing in Hollywood these days is there seems to be a good network for comedy actors to do smaller projects together- whether it's Internet crap or small-scale shows like Childrens Hospital or indie movies, it's not the same as a regular network gig or movie role but it's a way to stay out there.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

MrAristocrates posted:

YNB is way too talented to not land a sitcom gig somewhere.

She played an underground sort of resistance leader in Repo Men. It was like a bizarro Community episode where she doesn't bother being polite at all. It's a weird rear end movie too

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

LividLiquid posted:

No it doesn't. There are no laws that dictate that something that gets published anywhere has to be true. None. The only time it matters is in a libel suit. The only possible exception is advertising.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!

FactsAreUseless posted:

No it doesn't. There are no laws that dictate that something that gets published anywhere has to be true. None. The only time it matters is in a libel suit. The only possible exception is advertising.

I don't think that's what he's saying. I think he's arguing that it would be questionable if Sony were using its publishing arm to manipulate its stock price through favorable news, not that it's against the law to print untrue things.

It still doesn't matter

Naylenas
Sep 11, 2003

I was out of my head so it was out of my hands

Yeah it won't change how mustard tastes.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

toomanyninjas posted:

I don't think that's what he's saying. I think he's arguing that it would be questionable if Sony were using its publishing arm to manipulate its stock price through favorable news, not that it's against the law to print untrue things.

It still doesn't matter
That was what I was saying, but again, I forgot it was Sony, so I'm super out of my element here.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

It's begun: Gillian Jacobs has been signed for season 4 of Girls.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Yeeeesssssssssssss

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

I hope this means the rest of cast can grab some high profile gigs, too.

I don't like Girls, but this means Gillian Jacobs will be filming in a location near me. I'll call that a win.

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!
Good to see they're finally doing something about the lack of white girls on that cast.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I dont watch Girls, should I? Is it good? MAKE DECISIONS FOR ME TVIV

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

The first season is very good and stands on its own as one of the best shows HBO has ever produced. The second season suffers from Dunham buying into her own hype and the third from having an inconsistent voice. My recommendation is to watch the first season and then pretend Lena Dunham was decapitated in a horrific bus accident before she could ever make a second.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

It seems very hit-or-miss for most people. You should give it a try, but there's no need to force yourself to press on if you're not enjoying it after the first couple.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Irish Joe posted:

The first season is very good and stands on its own as one of the best shows HBO has ever produced. The second season suffers from Dunham buying into her own hype and the third from having an inconsistent voice. My recommendation is to watch the first season and then pretend Lena Dunham was decapitated in a horrific bus writing accident before she could ever make a second.

Fixed your quote.

Lena Dunham is the new Kevin Smith only ten times faster because it's the internet age. Her talent was immediately engulfed by a fanbase that she can now play to for the rest of her life. Like Dan Harmon but without the part where his fans both hate him and want him to get better, but also enjoy the car crash of his existence in the meantime. Imagine if his fans kept encouraging him to crash his emotion-car more.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I just saw an ad for a show on FX premiering in a few months called "You're the Worst" so I can only assume Britta is getting her own spinoff.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I liked Girls until I saw Tiny Furniture and realized Dunham wasn't actually in on her own joke. It made me sad.

Still rooting for her, though, even if I don't like the show anymore.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
The only thing I know about anything related to Girls is that Caitlin Moran literally doesn't give a poo poo about black women.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Argument for Joel "Two Shows" McHale optimism: Carson Daly also has two shows now.
Argument against: Both are on NBC, and on the Today Show he's fairly expendable.

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 00:07 on May 25, 2014

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Any Community fans that was to get a hold of a Starbuns Demo reel CD that I got from him and autographed, at comic con:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3637768

Doing spring cleaning and figured I'd pass it on to a goon.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Any Community fans that was to get a hold of a Starbuns Demo reel CD that I got from him and autographed, at comic con:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3637768

Doing spring cleaning and figured I'd pass it on to a goon.

I'll take eight!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Do you plan on giving him 50%?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

swickles posted:

Do you plan on giving him 50%?

Now that he's out of work, it's very possible. Although the deal clearly states it for Ebay proceeds only. Figured I'd find a loop hole in our contract.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Now that he's out of work, it's very possible. Although the deal clearly states it for Ebay proceeds only. Figured I'd find a loop hole in our contract.

I thought he was doing stuff with Rick and Morty or did that run its course already?

The guy will always have a home at Adult Swim doing any show.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

""""It may not be dead yet. Deadline reports that Hulu is in preliminary talks with Sony Television about reviving the show for another season. It's important to note that the key word there is preliminary and it's not yet a done deal by any remote possibility, but there are discussions.

This would be a huge get for Hulu, which has done all right in terms of original content but has not had a breakout hit and has fallen behind Netflix and Amazon despite being the first of the streaming services to produce original content with Battleground in 2012. The show has done exceptionally well on Hulu which means that they have a fanbase zeroed in and getting the show could lead to a big jump in subscribers, the way that Netflix saw a boost with Arrested Development (not to mention House of Cards and Orange is the New Black).

Sony has a good track record for reviving cancelled shows, taking Damages to DirecTV after FX cancelled it, convincing CBS to revive Unforgettable after it was cancelled and fighting hard to get NBC and CBS to renew Community and Rules of Engagement season after season despite being on the bubble.""""

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/community-hulu-season-6-dan-harmon

So, that's some news I guess. I know we had thought something like this might possibly happen.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

The clock's running out. Actor contracts expire on June 1st.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

ashpanash posted:

The clock's running out. Actor contracts expire on June 1st.

By the time they get to the movie, Abed will be the only member of the study group left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I think Girls is one of the best shows on TV right now. Can't wait to see what Gillian does on it next season.

• Locked thread