Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Erick Rowan using THE CLAW? That's very dangerous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M49QBKO79g

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Oooooooooooohhhhh shiiiiiitttt, guess what Monday is? I just realized. May 19th. It's going to be all Kane all the time.

Like the SHIELD took out all the heels, Kane's gonna drag guys to the back to be future endeavored.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

KungFu Grip posted:

Erick Rowan using THE CLAW? That's very dangerous.

I wouldn't even call it the Claw. It's more like the Claaeeehn.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

triplexpac posted:

Less likely to drop someone on their head if you're the ref.

Eva would find a way to do it though.

I can't wait to see her ref bump spots.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
I actually feel really bad for Eva Marie because WWE seems like they're almost purposefully keeping her as the worst wrestler that nobody likes. The gist I get of her from Total Divas (because that's the only place where she has a semblance of a character) is that she flubs poo poo and nobody likes her, then they push her past developmental to flail around helplessly, and when that doesn't work, yeah, have her do a ref spot, cause I'm sure there's nothing there anyone could gently caress up! It's weird how they sent Brodus down to NXT and Tyson Kidd is mulling around there, but they refuse to give the greenest person on the roster anything that might make her not terrible.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

I actually feel really bad for Eva Marie because WWE seems like they're almost purposefully keeping her as the worst wrestler that nobody likes. The gist I get of her from Total Divas (because that's the only place where she has a semblance of a character) is that she flubs poo poo and nobody likes her, then they push her past developmental to flail around helplessly, and when that doesn't work, yeah, have her do a ref spot, cause I'm sure there's nothing there anyone could gently caress up! It's weird how they sent Brodus down to NXT and Tyson Kidd is mulling around there, but they refuse to give the greenest person on the roster anything that might make her not terrible.

I really wouldn't be surprised if she's released the moment Total Divas wraps up, whether that happens in one more season or ten more seasons.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

Eva seems to have some fans or at least her hair does, which considering her basically nonexistant in-ring time is encouraging enough for them to keep her around and not Jojo her. I guess she's supposed to be the sympathetic out-of-her-depth newcomer/audience surrogate on the show and that's getting her some fans. Her being on the show of course neccessitates being on the road with everyone else rather than in developmental, but whether she wants to improve in the ring, has long term plans to stay past the life of Total Divas, or if WWE cares enough about her actually competing to ask her to go work on that... it might not be worth any of their time.

Fair to Midland
Jan 13, 2010

by Cowcaster

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

Maybe she's already hit her ceiling?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I highly, highly doubt Eva cares about wrestling. I'm sure she's happy doing what she's doing now.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Tonight's Smackdown had Cena at his Cena-est. How did you people survive the years when this poo poo was the main event?

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

Tonight's Smackdown had Cena at his Cena-est. How did you people survive the years when this poo poo was the main event?

Most people survived by not watching.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Dimebags Brain posted:

By watching ROH in its prime.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

I stopped watching regularly and still mostly catch up through threads/reviews.

Gerpy
Feb 23, 2010
Can we talk about how hosed all of wrestling is going to be since vince is about to go into panic mode due to losing 1/3 of his entire fortune?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Gerpy posted:

Can we talk about how hosed all of wrestling is going to be since vince is about to go into panic mode due to losing 1/3 of his entire fortune?

Official proof Bryan doesn't draw, Cena is champion forever.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Dimebags Brain posted:

Because it was way better in 06/07?

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Xerzes posted:

Most people survived by not watching.

Yeah, that's what I did. Endless Cena/Orton and DX bullshit comedy segments was the one-two punch that killed wrestling for me last time. I didn't start watching again until 2012.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Gerpy posted:

that's not how stocks work

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

oatgan posted:

that's not how stocks work
A better example of him losing his wealth was Linda's political aspirations costing him $100m.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Onmi posted:

Because it was way better in 06/07?

Wrestling in general or Cena's booking?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
to the people saying "thats not how stock works" would you also agree that vince has never really been a billionaire since he hasnt had a literal 1 billion in cash?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gerpy posted:

The stock is back to exactly where it was before it got artificially inflated so while I'm sure he is in a foul mood I doubt he's in panic mode. He got to fire one dude and had two other resignations in the two sectors that just failed so he can do some face saving changes and say YOU'RE FIRED. Well, he already did that.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

ThePariah posted:

Wrestling in general or Cena's booking?

Little bitta column A, little bitta column B. Stories were different, he was at the height of his good feuds, won Wrestler of the Year in 07 which was well deserved. Had Edge, Michaels, Umaga, Booker, and Orton which was new at the time and Orton was just turning psychotic. I mean... he's probably a better wrestler now than he was then, but his booking was arguably better even if this was a time when he was basically champion for a year.

Wrestling had its problems, his booking had its problems, but it was a good time for Cena, and he could still pretty easily get the crowd on his side with a promo back then.

Now his booking is much worse, despite his talent being better, and he was only 3-4 years into the face run by 07 and it was very much different from how he was now.

Again if you need to really see the big jump in change between was/is watch his interactions with JBL in 05, and then watch them in 09.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Valeyard posted:

to the people saying "thats not how stock works" would you also agree that vince has never really been a billionaire since he hasnt had a literal 1 billion in cash?

On paper, he has had a value of over a billion dollars, and on paper, his value is now lower than a billion dollars. I guarantee you that the number of actual, real-deal billionaires that have ever had a billion dollars in cash can be counted on the fingers of Davos Seaworth's hands.

The point is that Vince owned (x) shares of the WWE yesterday, and he owns (x) shares of the WWE today. He hasn't lost anything because he hasn't sold anything. If he holds on to them, (he will) they'll probably go back up and his net worth will be back up.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Gerpy posted:

I'm eagerly awaiting the debut of The Investors, a mock heel faction who serve no purpose other than to be the spineless target of McMahon's real life frustrations. What are Stevie Richards and IRS up to these days?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

IRS still randomly turns up, like that time Ted Dibiase bribed him to throw a battle royal to him. I don't know about Stevie.

omgomgomg
Oct 26, 2012

Let's hope that in addition to Bryan's and punk's and possibly reign's absence; Cena, HHH, Batista and Orton leave. So, that, with the stock going down, and Vince's steak diet, the wwe implodes.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

DeathChicken posted:

IRS still randomly turns up, like that time Ted Dibiase bribed him to throw a battle royal to him. I don't know about Stevie.

That wasn't a bribe, it was an advance on his pay :colbert:

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

omgomgomg posted:

Let's hope that in addition to Bryan's and punk's and possibly reign's absence; Cena, HHH, Batista and Orton leave. So, that, with the stock going down, and Vince's steak diet, the wwe implodes.

But I love the WWE network so much that I want WWE to survive. We need to keep this train going at least until they upload some Nitro.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

omgomgomg posted:

Why would we hope that?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Yeah this is happening

PWInsider posted:

WWE INVESTIGATION INITIATED BY FORMER LOUISIANA ATTORNEY GENERAL:
Kahn Swick & Foti, LLC Investigates World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. Following Disclosure of Disappointing Distribution Agreement

NEW ORLEANS, May 16, 2014 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Former Attorney General of Louisiana, Charles C. Foti, Jr., Esq., a partner at the law firm of Kahn Swick & Foti, LLC (“KSF”), announces that KSF has commenced an investigation into World Wrestling Entertainment Inc.

On May 16, 2014, WWE disclosed that it had reached a multiyear deal with US broadcaster NBCUniversal for its long-running Raw and SmackDown programs, stating that the annual value of its television distribution agreements would reach $200 million, well below what investors were expecting. Daniel Moore, an analyst with CJS Securities, said in a research note that, “Given management’s more optimistic tone and the fact that other major sports franchises have garnered much higher increases, this outcome is likely to be viewed as disappointing by many investors.”

On this news, the value of WWE’s stock plummeted by over 43%.

KSF’s investigation is focusing on whether WWE and/or its officers and directors violated state or federal securities laws.

If you have information that would assist KSF in its investigation, or would like to discuss your legal rights, you may, without obligation or cost to you, e-mail or call KSF Managing Partner Lewis Kahn ( lewis.kahn@ksfcounsel.com ) or KSF Partner Melinda Nicholson ( melinda.nicholson@ksfcounsel.com ) toll free at 1-877-515-1850.

Vertical Lime fucked around with this message at 15:29 on May 17, 2014

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

I don't understand this investigation. What kind of laws do they suspect WWE broke?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Burt Buckle posted:

I don't understand this investigation. What kind of laws do they suspect WWE broke?

The investigation is to determine whether they broke any laws. Seems like they may be trying to figure out if this was orchestrated to facilitate insider trading.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Shima Honnou posted:

The investigation is to determine whether they broke any laws. Seems like they may be trying to figure out if this was orchestrated to facilitate insider trading.

I... would that not be really stupid for the WWE to do regardless of it being illegal?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Burt Buckle posted:

Lying about expectations to drive up stock prices so people within the company could sell high. Stephanie McMahon has sold a ton of stock recently IIRC.

Should be interesting to see what happens because the two possible outcomes are that they did something illegal or that the company is run by idiots.

Anyone who watches the product could easily explain that this is just more unwarranted hubris and a complete lack of self-awareness on the part of the McMahons.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Onmi posted:

I... would that not be really stupid for the WWE to do regardless of it being illegal?

A reminder that this is WWE we're talking about.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lying about expectations to drive up stock prices so people within the company could sell high. Stephanie McMahon has sold a ton of stock recently IIRC.

Should be interesting to see what happens because the two possible outcomes are that they did something illegal or that the company is run by idiots.

The latter, I mean hell they got 75%ish increase, they were very close to getting double like they said.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

sportsgenius86 posted:

This is the WWE and there is absolutely no reason that has to be a binary "or."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

This is the company that directs calls at HQ to a nonexistent person named "Kay Fabian".

• Locked thread