Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

c355n4 posted:

Drive it, fix it up a little bit. Get the smoker smell out. Resell it later for more than $500.

I'm looking at CL and Civic coupes in way worse shape are demanding higher prices. Way higher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

I'm looking at CL and Civic coupes in way worse shape are demanding higher prices. Way higher.

Yeah, that's easily a $2-4k car here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PCOS Bill posted:

Yeah, that's easily a $2-4k car here.

I had no clue to be honest. We sold it to her for $800 because it was sitting on the street for 3 months after my brother went to Korea and my sister got a brand new Insight.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Keep it and revel in the fact that your boring reliable daily driver cost you less than a set of new tires and drinks less than you do per week.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I don't own a real non-lovely camera. So here have a grainy, blurry, way-too-high-res (I resized it from 2500x2000 lol) camera phone picture of this weird Korean shitbucket I'm building.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Parked up at the office car park, pretty much every office on the industrial estate I work has at least two of these parked on their premises.

All cleaned up for the London to Brighton Mini run tomorrow, its going to be a fun day.

Obligatory red interior shot.

smax
Nov 9, 2009

Got it cleaned, got the alignment, and installed the Nurburgrings:

The new wheels and tires feel pretty good. Much better than the stock ones.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Rhyno posted:

I'm not doing an engine swap on a $350 beater.

Boring!

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
So this is the first time I posted the new TDI on the site. Yeah its the same picture from when the what did you do to your car thread. It's the first time I took a picture of it since I bought it, and it's my first ever brand new car.

It's awesome getting 45 mpg at 80mph. Ryno you need the beater civic.

It's also disgusting owning a black car, because it looks soooo good when it is clean, but it never stays clean past like 36 seconds, even though it took like 4 hours to get it there. :smithicide:

Noeland
Feb 28, 2006
Don't think I've ever posted my sweet mullet machine.

1980 El Camino

She scoots about alright.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I've wanted one of those for a few years but in south florida they command stupid money. I'd expect to pay at least $3000 for one that isnt a rust bucket.

($3000 is stupid money for me, i'm impoverished :sigh: )

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Noeland posted:

1980 El Camino

Rad.

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank
Not new, but tomorrow will be it's first decent road trip, so it's all cleaned up and ready to go and gets a photo in honour of that. Also another black car that only looks clean for the first drive...

2004 MX5. I chop and change cars too often, but this one's proving to be a keeper.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Tommychu posted:

I don't own a real non-lovely camera. So here have a grainy, blurry, way-too-high-res (I resized it from 2500x2000 lol) camera phone picture of this weird Korean shitbucket I'm building.

This is awesome and I love Sportages. What are your plans?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Major Ryan posted:

Not new, but tomorrow will be it's first decent road trip, so it's all cleaned up and ready to go and gets a photo in honour of that. Also another black car that only looks clean for the first drive...

2004 MX5. I chop and change cars too often, but this one's proving to be a keeper.

Car looks very nice. I wish black cars weren't so hard to keep clean because they're gorgeous for that first five minutes of cleanliness. Also if I were you I'd remove the fake roll bar ("style bar"). It's not going to help in a crash/roll.

theCops
Aug 13, 2004
My '06 daytona blue 350Z enthusiast

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

angryhampster posted:

This is awesome and I love Sportages. What are your plans?

I've spent the last 4 months getting this thing caught up on all the PO's deferred maintenance (including a full engine rebuild because he ignored a blown HG for a long time), doing rust repair (and teaching myself how to weld and fabricate poo poo along the way) and getting it trail-ready. It's babby's first 4x4 so I'm going to be learning the ropes of driving off-road, and doing a lot of camping and fishing in the process. I'm hoping to have it registered and driveable by the middle of next month. Long-term I want to throw this engine into a Miata and put some sort of V6 in (Mazda J-series is a direct bolt-in if I can find a somewhat rare manual Bongo bellhousing, but I might go 4.3 or something I dunno), or possibly throw a snail on it and leave it in the truck.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

So there's a 0% chance of rain all week and the long holiday weekend coming up.

So basically that means it's top and doors off time!

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Seeing a jeep like that and living in Utah almost persuades me that I need to be a jeep person.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

It's weird having two working cars with valid tags and functional air conditioning. Also, I hate my E46's wheels

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
I really dig your e46.
Always liked those Passats as well. Seems like almost every one I've seen has fogged up headlights though.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

travisray2004 posted:

I really dig your e46.
Always liked those Passats as well. Seems like almost every one I've seen has fogged up headlights though.

That was after I polished them. Ewww...

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Getting ready to set off from Crystal Palace in London.

Sitting pretty on the Brighton seafront several hours later :).

blk
Dec 19, 2009

CountOfNowhere posted:

It's weird having two working cars with valid tags and functional air conditioning. Also, I hate my E46's wheels

Oregoon spotted. Is that a ZHP?

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

blk posted:

Oregoon spotted. Is that a ZHP?

//Fake.

It's an 01 330ci with replica M3 mirrors and bumper (and OEM M3 shadowline).

Are you in Oregon?

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE

Larrymer posted:

Car looks very nice. I wish black cars weren't so hard to keep clean because they're gorgeous for that first five minutes of cleanliness. Also if I were you I'd remove the fake roll bar ("style bar"). It's not going to help in a crash/roll.

Gave my baby her first wax and god drat did it look good at the wash. Two days later and I have the urge to clean it again :( I'll have to take some "cool" pictures later just wanted to chime in on the "black women cars are a lot of work" I also need some new rims that aren't black or chrome because I hate that black out trend.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

PITT posted:

Speaking of MPG, I would like to introduce the new aircraft carrier I just bought a month ago.

Its a 2014 F250 Super Duty XLT Supercab 6.2L with all the toys I wanted like power telescoping tow mirrors and shift on the fly electronic locking rear axle :swoon:.

The first new vehicle I have ever owned but I've always wanted one and finally decided to go for it. Its super roomy inside and rides so much better than my old lifted jeep (big surprise right). Shes got a pretty big rear end when it comes to parking lots, I'm just glad I didn't go for the long bed and with the power folding mirrors I can squeeze between most things with relative ease. Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to do about the pansy rear end factory tires. Also Its going to be neat having a warranty I wonder what its like.

This isn't going to fit in very well with all these car posts is it.

That is a nice truck. My 'lotto' truck would be one with a quad cab and the long bed.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

CountOfNowhere posted:

//Fake.

Are you in Oregon?

What happened to the original wheels? I liked those :smith:

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Das Volk posted:

What happened to the original wheels? I liked those :smith:

They're on the shelf waiting for me to fill in curb rash and paint them / put tires on. I like them a lot as well.

Redwinters
Jan 2, 2012

ask me about non-consensual batsex

Just finished this project. 1940 Chevy Master Deluxe with a 350 crate motor with Edelbrock heads and carb. Going to play with it a bit then sell it for a new project!

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Seeing a jeep like that and living in Utah almost persuades me that I need to be a jeep person.

Living in Utah you have some awesome trails to ride, you SHOULD be a Jeep person. :)

stop, or my mom will post
Mar 13, 2005

GazChap posted:

Some moody ones...

God drat that's awesome.

Anyway here's a couple of mine.

Current power curve.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Redwinters posted:

Just finished this project. 1940 Chevy Master Deluxe with a 350 crate motor with Edelbrock heads and carb. Going to play with it a bit then sell it for a new project!

I love old hot rods... any other photos?

blk
Dec 19, 2009

CountOfNowhere posted:

//Fake.

Are you in Oregon?

Yeah, in the hippie part. Trying to get a job in Portland so I can move back.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

blk posted:

Yeah, in the hippie part. Trying to get a job in Portland so I can move back.

Eugene sucks. No offense.

More pics of my cars because I like being a show off

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
Traded in the LGT Wagon for something a little more economical and with a warranty. I spend enough time working on the e30, I don't want to work on a daily driver as well.

2014 Focus SE Hatch, 5 speed. I went in looking at the Ecoboost Fiesta but the dealer had this in inventory and I got an absolute steal on it on top of substantial rebates.

I thought it would be strange trading in a 300 hp car for one with only 160, but nope. I love being able to wind something out without getting to 'arrest me' speeds as quickly.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

CountOfNowhere posted:

Eugene sucks. No offense.

More pics of my cars because I like being a show off

Yeah I grew up here and hate it. I lived in Portland for a couple years after college and moved on to grad school in Cambridge, then the economy collapsed and my old job with it. I'm ready to move back and a company is trying to create a position for me, but my wife is a librarian and would have an impossible time finding a job up there. I might end up living in Portland weekdays and here weekends or go up for half weeks or something. I want her to do what she loves but I wish she could find something more flexible and lucrative in the private sector. Traffic and housing prices in Portland have exploded since I left in 2008. At least there's no traffic and good bike riding around here. That's about all I can say for it.

Anyways, lets get a beer or something next time I'm up. There's another PDXgoon who lurks AI.

Edit: Just realized that you may not live in PDX and I'm operating on assumption since everyone lives there.

blk fucked around with this message at 05:28 on May 20, 2014

blk
Dec 19, 2009

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Noise Complaint posted:

Traded in the LGT Wagon for something a little more economical and with a warranty. I spend enough time working on the e30, I don't want to work on a daily driver as well.

2014 Focus SE Hatch, 5 speed. I went in looking at the Ecoboost Fiesta but the dealer had this in inventory and I got an absolute steal on it on top of substantial rebates.

I thought it would be strange trading in a 300 hp car for one with only 160, but nope. I love being able to wind something out without getting to 'arrest me' speeds as quickly.

Great pickup, looks great. I went from a last-gen Focus hatch to my current car, which has a six-speed as opposed to the five. I love the way the current gen Focus looks but I have been utterly spoiled by having a sixth gear! I'm somewhat surprised Ford hasn't bumped it up to a 6-speed for the Focus, in an otherwise hotly-contested segment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

The Midniter posted:

Great pickup, looks great. I went from a last-gen Focus hatch to my current car, which has a six-speed as opposed to the five. I love the way the current gen Focus looks but I have been utterly spoiled by having a sixth gear! I'm somewhat surprised Ford hasn't bumped it up to a 6-speed for the Focus, in an otherwise hotly-contested segment.

I was curious about that too, especially looking at a direct competitor like the Mazda 3 coming with a 6 speed these days. The lack of a 6th gear was the only major con I had with the car, though. In the long run, my commute is all rural side roads and I do very little highway driving so I wound up getting the car anyway. The nearly $3,000 in rebates on top of them basically throwing the car at me because they have a tough time selling manuals helped a hell of a lot too.

One neat thing I found out today is that you can use a utility called FoCCCus on a Windows PC to access the BCM using a Bluetooth OBD2 reader and enable things the car didn't come with like hill start assist and opening/closing the windows using the keyfob.