Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Brandon Merriweather

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Brandon Meriweather

Brandon Meriweather posted:

I guess I’ve just got to take people’s knees out. I’d hate to end a guy’s career over a rule, but I guess it’s better (for something to happen to) other people than me getting suspended for longer,” he told reporters in the Redskins locker room. You’ve just got to go low now. You’ve got to end people’s career. You’ve got to tear people’s ACLs and mess up people’s knees now. You can’t hit ‘em high anymore.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Taylor Lewan might be evil

Brandon Meriweather

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Febreeze posted:

Taylor Lewan might be evil

Brandon Meriweather

My thinking exactly, my wholly capricious and arbitrary reasoning is going with Brandon Meriweather.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
Brandon Meriweather

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
Russell WIL SON

*clap clap clapclapclap*

Seahawks gonna win all the awards this year.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Brandon Meriweather, because his douche-iness is the most football related.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Taylor Lewan might be evil but I'd say he's enough of a douche even if you're making that distinction. Like who's draft highlight reel is just a bunch of shots of him committing various fouls?

Either way I guess I'm voting for him, although I definitely understand the Meriweather guys, and would understand the Culliver guys if any of them showed up.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Taylor Lewan's sartorial douche-tool is all-pro quality

And then there is his own finger-stache tattoo (yes, a tattoo of something that five-year-olds do with a marker)

But also his dirty-as-gently caress playing style that has resulted in more false starts and personal fouls than anyone else on his team, combined

And yet this is what puts him over-the-top, for me:

quote:

In November 2009, then-freshman kicker Brendan Gibbons was accused of rape by a female student. Gibbons’ roommate, All-American LT Taylor Lewan, then committed an additional crime by threatening to rape the woman himself if she pressed charges against Gibbons. What’s even more damning is that two fellow football players reported Lewan’s threats to the police themselves, but nothing was done by anyone in the Michigan program to punish these players.

Yeah I'm bolding everything because jesus christ

"Now I'm not saying all women deserved to be threatened with rape when they accuse a man of raping them without damning physical evidence and more than five eye witnesses. I'm only here to represent the Titans and myself."

TAYLOR LEWAN for being an active part of the rape-culture

edit:

he had to take his mom to the draft because no other woman would ever talk to him

Gerund fucked around with this message at 20:23 on May 17, 2014

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Taylor Lewan by a country mile.

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.
Tough matchup but gently caress Taylor Lewan

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Russell Wilson is a dumb nomination sorry.

Meriweather has dirty play and Culliver is a violent jackass but Taylor Lewan is the total package of both on-field dirty play and off-field violent jackassery.

Elotana fucked around with this message at 20:55 on May 17, 2014

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Taylor Lewan because anyone that threatens to rape a rape victim is a colossal oval office and the others don't even compare.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Can I play too?

I vote Taylor Lewan for being a douchebag.

But:

Gerund posted:

he had to take his mom to the draft because no other woman would ever talk to him

All the draft prospects that were invited brought their moms, because it was mother's day weekend.

That said, I hope a man who threatens women with rape never gets laid again.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Elotana posted:

Please don't try to take this away from us. Hawks Nation is really tired of being ignored.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Elotana posted:

Meriweather has dirty play and Culliver is a violent jackass but Taylor Lewan is the total package of both on-field dirty play and off-field violent jackassery.

Yea Meriweather is human trash too and in an ideal world some kinda Monkey Paw situation happens so as soon as he 'knee hunts' next his own ACLs explode somehow instead, but god drat Lewan is such a full package of being an objectively repugnant human.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Chichevache posted:

Please don't try to take this away from us. Hawks Nation is really tired of being ignored.

You guys have a much stronger entrant in the wildcard division.

swampface
Apr 30, 2005

Soiled Meat
Taylor Lewan

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
Taylor Lewan - the verbal threat alone is enough to be ranked king high douche of Michigan. Add in his penalties and entitled attitude and he has a very strong case for douche of the year.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Chichevache posted:

Oh my god that avatar :allears: hahaha

Gerund posted:

Taylor Lewan's sartorial douche-tool is all-pro quality

This dude literally looks like he could be Richie Incognito Jr and that's enough for me! Oh, that and the rape stuff. Oh and the lovely play.

What I'm trying to say is +whatever to Taylor Lwean for this round.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Brandon Meriweather. That rear end in a top hat put one of the dirtiest hits I've ever seen on Todd Heap's head. Heap took enough punishment during his career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2iGzAJIHX8

Right after the hit even one of Meriweather's own teammates throws their hands up like "What the hell, dude?"

McStabby
Jun 26, 2007

LANA!!! CRUUUUUSH!
Considering Taylor Lewan's douchiest incident occured outside of the period of eligibility, I'm going to have to go with Brandon Meriweather. Threatening rape is really douchey compared to targeting heads and knees, but not only did Meriweather admit he was doing it in 2013, he still plans to do it.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Brandon Meriweather's just an rear end in a top hat, so is Chris Culliver. Taylor loving Lewan threatened to rape a girl to keep her quiet. That transcends douchebaggery. If this thumb-headed jock itch doesn't at least make it to the final round there is no justice.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Sour Diesel posted:

Brandon Meriweather. That rear end in a top hat put one of the dirtiest hits I've ever seen on Todd Heap's head. Heap took enough punishment during his career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2iGzAJIHX8

Right after the hit even one of Meriweather's own teammates throws their hands up like "What the hell, dude?"

gently caress him and gently caress him trying to actively maim and injure people in s regular basis

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Taylor Lewan

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Twenty years from now when we're voting for Taylor Lewan in the Lifetime Douchievement category we're going to look back fondly on this matchup, where it all started.

Taylor Lewan

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Brandon Meriweather, because it's hard to feel any emotion about a Tennessee Titans player.

jugulator45
Apr 1, 2009
Brandon Meriweather for his dirty play.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Brandon Meriweather gets my vote here, but gently caress Taylor Lewan, too.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

:siren:By a score of 28-17-4-0, Taylor Lewan has defeated Brandon Merriwether, Russell Wilson, and Chris Culliver, and has advanced to the main tournament:siren:

Because of the fact that I am on vacation right now, I will start the big show off for real on Thursday Night. This tournament will include another absolutely baller bracket by Militree, as well as some surprises that myself and seven volunteers are cooking up to make this tournament more entertaining than any one before it.

Small favor for the tournament: While they are 1 seeds in their respective divisions, I do not have much content for either Richie Incognito or Greg Schiano. If someone could do a quick write up on one or both it would be greatly appreciated.

As a teaser, here is the seeding for the tournament:

Players

1. Richie Incognito
2. Jameis Winston
3. Ray Rice
4. Arian Foster
5. Aldon Smith
6. Case McCoy
7. Colin Kaepernick
8. Taylor Lewan

Administrators

1. Greg Schiano
2. Bret 'Bert' Bielma
3. Jimmy Haslam
4. Mike Tomlin
5. Tom Benson
6. Jeff Ireland
7. Jeff Fisher
8. The Factory of Sadness

Media

1. Darren Rovell
2. Rick Reilly
3. Hines Ward
4. Nolan Nawrocki
5. Colin Cowherd
6. Mike Mushnik
7. Meo Kiper
8. Pete Prisco

Wildcard

1. Ole Miss
2. 12th Man
3. Charles Chavarria
4. Notre Dame
5. Anyone in the Media who sided with Northwestern
6. Tallahassee PD
7. Entire Alabama fanbase
8. Northwestern

Begin speculation and fill out your brackets now. I'd love to see who you all think make it though the tournament.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

1. Richie Incognito
8. Taylor Lewan

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MJh9zzSlw0

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm not sure there's much to say about Incognito other than that he fulfills literally every "dumb jock" stereotype imaginable. Dumb face, dumb name (who the hell goes by "Richie?" Douchebags, that's who), dumb sense of humor, he ticks every box. That he happens to be a dirty player (and not even that good in the first place) is just the cherry on top of the dumb cake.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

Players

3. Ray Rice
6. Case McCoy

Wildcard

1. Ole Miss
2. 12th Man
3. Charles Chavarria
4. Notre Dame
5. Anyone in the Media who sided with Northwestern
6. Tallahassee PD
7. Entire Alabama fanbase
8. Northwestern

I'm predicting a 3/6 upset here; Rice is technically a charged individual for what he did and therefore would skate on the technicality, while Case is literally a corn-fed homophobe.

And dat Wildcard bracket has REALLY good matchups up and down the bracket. Group of Death to be sure.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Ole Miss wasn't even on my radar when this started, but Ben made such a compelling case they're one of my darkhorses to win it all.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
If I have any say about it they aren't even making it out of that bracket.

Get ready to win yet another thing, Seattle.

and by yet another I mean a second thing

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

Benne posted:

Ole Miss wasn't even on my radar when this started, but Ben made such a compelling case they're one of my darkhorses to win it all.

Dude, I copy and pasted most of that from a forum I frequent, but edited out the rivals.com style puns and added links to prove it all factual. As long as I have run this tournament, I have been praying for someone from that school to be tournament worthy, and this year, the whole school poo poo itself.

Here's the kicker: I have already prepared several facts and links that I held back from my nomination post that I plan on releasing each round in order to boost them to victory. There is SO much more.

I really feel like they could win because they had a really bad year like ND did last year, but most of their stuff falls in the douchey category as opposed to evil, so that will earn the votes of people who vote in that manner.

Here is one of those factoids as a taste: Their official colors are Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue. This is a public school in Mississippi. My school is as well, but we know what we are and embrace it. They are in such deep denial that it is comical.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus fucked around with this message at 05:51 on May 19, 2014

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
12th Man vs. Bama fans will probably come down to how many college posters bother to vote in this.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

Benne posted:

12th Man vs. Bama fans will probably come down to how many college posters bother to vote in this.

While I will be voting for Bama (they are less that 100 miles from me), 12th man likely takes it, as they got more coverage this year. Had the Auburn tree poisoning been this year, it would be another story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Didn't Ole Miss finally integrate in like 1991 or something ridiculous like that

• Locked thread