Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

marktheando posted:

Did you miss all the posters who didn't know who Locke was when he showed up at the wall? It does serve a purpose, most viewers can't keep track of all the characters. My parents both watch the show and whenever I discuss it with them I have to explain who various characters are and what's going on.

My brother's terrible at keeping track of the characters - he gets confused about which house people belong to, let alone who their loyalties lie with at any given time. He describes his enjoyment of the show of "Yeah, they're all fighting over something and sometimes they say something witty. Then they have a sword-fight.".

I just like the OP because it gives a decent chuckle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

Fans of Hearthstone might appreciate this: http://imgur.com/a/GZYp6

Jon is a warrior card that summons a hunter card. Yes I'm a sperg.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Napoleon Bonaparty posted:

According to the book wiki (:supaburn:) Robb dies when he's 16. Hella time dilation up in this bitch.

Pretty much all the characters are significantly older in the TV show. Daenrysis like 13 in the books but HBO's offices would have burned down by a mob after her wedding night if they'd gone with that.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

what is in store for Tyrion I wonder...

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Your Friend posted:

Is this some kind of veiled book reader hint? Does he become a shopkeeper?

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Irish Joe posted:

TBH, I didn't know who Locke was when he showed up at the wall, either. It took Bran two seasons to get from Winterfell to the Wall, so the last thing I was expecting was some random Bolton lackey to do it in an episode.

It makes sense that it would take much less time for Locke, since he could use a horse and the kingsroad. Bran can't walk, went thru the mountains, and stopped constantly. Locke still got there very fast though, but that's how people travel in the story. As fast as they need to.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

marktheando posted:

Is this some kind of veiled book reader hint? Does he become a shopkeeper?

Next episode, Tyrion and Jaime will talk shop.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

In It For The Tank posted:

Next episode, Tyrion and Jaime will talk shop.

They really start to get down to business.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

wisdomHNOX posted:

Jaime lends Tyrion a hand.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

marktheando posted:

Did you miss all the posters who didn't know who Locke was when he showed up at the wall? It does serve a purpose, most viewers can't keep track of all the characters. My parents both watch the show and whenever I discuss it with them I have to explain who various characters are and what's going on.

I didn't know who Locke was when he showed up at the wall. I thought he was just a dude who looked a bit too much like the six fingered man.

Then they started with the lingering shots and sinister music notes and I realized it must be a bad guy.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

kater posted:

I didn't know who Locke was when he showed up at the wall. I thought he was just a dude who looked a bit too much like the six fingered man.

Then they started with the lingering shots and sinister music notes and I realized it must be a bad guy.

Who is the six fingered man?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

wisdomHNOX posted:

To defeat... the Dothraki.

I was checking it with my sister yesterday, since we were also curious. Here's a thing, according to the TV wiki.

code:
Actor, Age  /  Character, Age / Difference

Maisie Williams, 17  /  Arya, 14  /  3 years
Sophie Turner, 18  / Sansa, 15-16  / 2-3 years
Isaac H-W, 15  /  Bran, 13 /  2 years
Kit Harringon, 27  / Jon Snuh, 20  /  7 years
Richard Madden, 26* / Robb, 19 / 7 years

*(as of S3E9) 
I probably won't do adults since who cares.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

marktheando posted:

Who is the six fingered man?

Princess Bride reference.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Lycus posted:

Ah right I haven't seen that. The only six fingered man I could think of is Hannibal Lector.

Sam.
Jan 1, 2009

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:

Lycus posted:

Speaking of that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI7Ll1utIjs

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

To defeat... the Dothraki.

I was checking it with my sister yesterday, since we were also curious. Here's a thing, according to the TV wiki.

code:
Actor, Age  /  Character, Age / Difference

Maisie Williams, 17  /  Arya, 14  /  3 years
Sophie Turner, 18  / Sansa, 15-16  / 2-3 years
Isaac H-W, 15  /  Bran, 13 /  2 years
Kit Harringon, 27  / Jon Snuh, 20  /  7 years
Richard Madden, 26* / Robb, 19 / 7 years

*(as of S3E9) 
I probably won't do adults since who cares.

Do only the Hound and Mountain for some hilarity.

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

Asehujiko posted:

Do only the Hound and Mountain for some hilarity.

I'm not sure what the age of the characters are, but it's amusing that the guy playing the Mountain (who's the older of the brothers) is 25, and Rory McCann is 45

My PIN is 4826 fucked around with this message at 21:30 on May 18, 2014

PootieTang
Aug 2, 2011

by XyloJW

My PIN is 4826 posted:

I'm not sure what the age of the characters are, but it's amusing that the guy playing the Mountain (who's the older of the brothers) is 25, and Rory McCann is 45

Eskimo kissing a fireplace will age you fast.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

marktheando posted:

Yeah because somebody who can't keep track of characters is going to sift through that giant rear end post full of dumb jokes to remind themselves who everybody is

PootieTang
Aug 2, 2011

by XyloJW

Red Red Blue posted:

Yeah because somebody who can't keep track of characters is going to sift through that giant rear end post full of dumb jokes to remind themselves who everybody is

I agree with this guy, jokes are dumb, putting effort into OP's is dumb, content is dumb. Frankly we should stop posting altogether and delete the whole site IMO.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
So hey, instead of arguing back and forth about how much scrolling is too much, here's a neat video of GoT actors being contrasted with other roles from the past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rct8l4_ezJs

Some of this I knew, like Osha and Tonks having the same actress, but others were surprising.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Pretty sure character guide for Lysa is supposed to say "Sansa's babysitter" instead since Catelyn is, well...

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Pleasant Friend posted:

That reminds me, how long as Arya been traveling with the Hound now? It must have been almost a year in-universe. How has she not killed him yet, she can't be trying very hard.

He's got armor and a big fookin' sword! Pay attention, there's no way a water dancer with a little swishy blade can take down a fully armored knight.

Wait.. oh no! SYRIO!!! :cry:

Your Friend posted:

:unsmith: Another shelf full of Emmys.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

CuddleChunks posted:

He's got armor and a big fookin' sword! Pay attention, there's no way a water dancer with a little swishy blade can take down a fully armored knight.

Wait.. oh no! SYRIO!!! :cry:

:unsmith: Another shelf full of Emmys.

She should train under Ramsey.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Tywin has +9 immunity to all nip tweaks.

No More Toast
May 11, 2013

Atheist! Imperialist!!

I usually just scroll past the OP, but it can be useful. I mean, I'd forgotten how stupid-looking Gendry's beard was.

Plus it helps House Potato to live on in our hearts.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

No More Toast posted:

I usually just scroll past the OP, but it can be useful. I mean, I'd forgotten how stupid-looking Gendry's beard was.

Plus it helps House Potato to live on in our hearts.

I'd forgotten The Blackfish survived the Red Wedding and he was probably my favorite character introduced in season 3.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Willsun posted:

Pretty sure character guide for Lysa is supposed to say "Sansa's babysitter" instead since Catelyn is, well...

I think you read it wrong.

I did, however, forget to update Sansa's description since she's no long a hostage. Although actually after that last scene with her and Lysa, I guess it still kind of fits.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

So hey, instead of arguing back and forth about how much scrolling is too much, here's a neat video of GoT actors being contrasted with other roles from the past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rct8l4_ezJs

Some of this I knew, like Osha and Tonks having the same actress, but others were surprising.

Tywin is the same dude in GoT and Ali G

Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

PROUD FATHER OF THIS TURD ------>

How soon do the episodes appear on HBO Go?

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
Immediately. Anywhere from 1-6 minutes from this moment.

Isn't that in the OP?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Donald Kimball posted:

Wednesday.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Donald Kimball posted:

keep refreshing

Fair to Midland
Jan 13, 2010

by Cowcaster
So there's a two week break after tonight? Gonna be a big ending then I guess.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
Here we go! :woop:

Major Asshole
May 3, 2004
I knew it... im surrounded by assholes!
Its starting now.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I think this episode is garbage personally.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

We get it, winterfell burned down.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Kevyn posted:

I think this episode is garbage personally.
Hahahaha :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregday
May 23, 2003

My wife and I were looking at pictures of alpacas and came across this one that looks like Theon. Thank you.

• Locked thread