Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

Human Tornada posted:

In season 2 the blackwater episode was on memorial day weekend and I had me Monday off so I could get good and drunk so this skipping a week isn't working for me.

Exactly. Also, if ratings are so bad why are they using that same time slot to premier their big, prestige piece films then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Kevyn posted:

Game of throwns

Nice

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
Possibly because they know a movie about AIDS featuring men kissing in tight boxer shorts isn't going to do very well anyway

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

The SituAsian posted:

Exactly. Also, if ratings are so bad why are they using that same time slot to premier their big, prestige piece films then?

Why would the night before memorial day affect ratings?

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It shouldn't but the ratings for Blackwater were subpar and I guess HBO assumed it was due to Memorial Day and decided to give Game that week off from now on.

At the same time they're showing big budget prestige films (Behind the Candelabra, and the Normal Heart) so if the holiday is the reason for a ratings drop then why show those movies and not like Big Love reruns or better yet just keep Game of Thrones on schedule instead is what I'm saying

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Because everyone's camping and poo poo. I think there was a married with children episode you can consult if need be.

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

The grape wont cut me loose.
HBO wants to corner the market on gay zombie vampires with aids.

Was a pretty good episode. Glad to see that crazy bird fly. Hope Robin flies soon.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

People out of town at the lake, beach, camping. Also no one works Monday so Sunday night is like a Saturday night now.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Moon door is the best door.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Ruined it with the screaming! I loved the silent falling to her death aspect.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

lazerwolf posted:

Moon door is the best door.

Better than Ho door?

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

knox posted:

I don't know if that would work on TV, is the thing. How can you make it look like that she wouldn't scream when she obviously would? Tie a bunch of rocks to her?

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

AMReese posted:

I don't know if that would work on TV, is the thing. How can you make it look like that she wouldn't scream when she obviously would? Tie a bunch of rocks to her?

quick punch to the gut, knock the wind out of her, then knock the her out of the wind.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

armoredgorilla posted:

quick punch to the gut, knock the wind out of her, then knock the her out of the wind.
Follow with a roundhouse kick and a Bruce Lee kiai...

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

knox posted:

it's not ruined because she screamed or because they changed one word of dialogue, you book obsessed retarded idiot

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM

The SituAsian posted:

It shouldn't but the ratings for Blackwater were subpar and I guess HBO assumed it was due to Memorial Day and decided to give Game that week off from now on.

At the same time they're showing big budget prestige films (Behind the Candelabra, and the Normal Heart) so if the holiday is the reason for a ratings drop then why show those movies and not like Big Love reruns or better yet just keep Game of Thrones on schedule instead is what I'm saying

What's interesting is the dip really wasn't that bad and just looks like the season dips they get as a result of a few 'bland' episodes.

Just like what happened to last episode, which was one of the best of all time, but also nosedived from the 7+ they had in Ep. 5

In fact last episode fell HARD - even below the premiere - as a result of 3 eps in a row that were basically pure story after Joffrey's death.

oswald ownenstein fucked around with this message at 03:25 on May 19, 2014

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

ironlung posted:

it's not ruined because she screamed or because they changed one word of dialogue, you book obsessed retarded idiot

It's not ruined, but it's worse.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
As soon as he was like "I've only ever loved"

I yelled, "Catelyn Stark *Shove*"

Don't make it so predictable.

Fair to Midland
Jan 13, 2010

by Cowcaster

oswald ownenstein posted:

What's interesting is the dip really wasn't that bad and just looks like the season dips they get as a result of a few 'bland' episodes.

Just like what happened to last episode, which was one of the best of all time, but also nosedived from the 7+ they had in Ep. 5

In fact last episode fell HARD - even below the premiere - as a result of 3 eps in a row that were basically pure story after Joffrey's death.

Last episode was on Mother's Day.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Nanomashoes posted:

No it's not. It's different. Don't confuse the two. It would have added literally nothing.

Graphics
Jun 9, 2003

Whichever DP shot this episode did a phenomenal job. So many beautiful shots, even my girlfriend commented on it.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
I really dig the tune at the scene w/Mel & Crazy Mom #2. Not sure if it's "Dragonstone tune" or "Lord of Light tune" but it's real tight, real foreboding. Just adds that extra oomph to all scenes it plays in :)

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Nanomashoes posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcB3xel_GYU

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Moon door being introduced in season one makes it one of the best Chekov's Guns on TV. What a great ending!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
When are we gonna see full frontal male nudity already?? :rant:

Joachim1167
Feb 24, 2014
That beginning shot of Sansa smiling in the lightly falling snow was rather beautiful.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
Two or three times already. Hodor and Theon (but they can't do it with Theon because he doesn't have the equipment anymore)

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

What are you talking about? We saw Hodor dick, remember?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

AMReese posted:

What are you talking about? We saw Hodor dick, remember?

Oh hey we did. (nsfw obviously)

Cool, okay, fair enough.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Only part I straight up didn't like about this ep was the "hey this is the Mountain" bit. The camera angles were a bit... over the top. Dude's good tho, he looks all angry and mean and stuff although a bit too baby-faced. Blah blah first Mountain best Mountain; blonde Daario (Faabio) better than brown-haired Daario (Daario Morgendorffer)

Also the dying guy could have died a bit sooner, that stretched for a bit. But other than that, man, that was an ace ep.

EccoRaven posted:

For a second I thought that "hey Reek come take a bath" was going to be an excuse to show some dickstump. It would have been... a very HBO thing to do. "This take is very symbolic! It defines the character!"

SexyBlindfold fucked around with this message at 03:45 on May 19, 2014

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
lmao Robyn Arryn is hosed.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

robot roll call posted:

Moon door being introduced in season one makes it one of the best Chekov's Guns on TV. What a great ending!

Uh, you saw it be used in the exact episode it was introduced.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

MrBims posted:

Uh, you saw it be used in the exact episode it was introduced.

Chekhov's gun has more than one bullet, apparently :downsrim:

AMReese fucked around with this message at 03:48 on May 19, 2014

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

EccoRaven posted:

Oh hey we did. (nsfw obviously)

Cool, okay, fair enough.

Don't forget flaccid theon dong.

Hrm.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm pretty sure they changed the wording because they don't have faith that anyone knows any characters names or their relations.

"Only Cat" is punchier and also more natural sounding.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug
Also, Sansa dwarfed Littlefinger.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

SickZip posted:

I'm pretty sure they changed the wording because they don't have faith that anyone knows any characters names or their relations.

"Your sister" sounds more deceiving, to me. It sounds better than "Only Cat". We've seen Ser Pounce more recently than we've heard the phrase "Cat" as in Catelyn Stark. :colbert:

Although for Littlefinger to love only Ser Pounce would be a great twist...

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

SickZip posted:

Also because of Ser Pounce. Obviously the audience would assume he would have been referring to him.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Joachim1167 posted:

That beginning shot of Sansa smiling in the lightly falling snow was rather beautiful.

yeah they did a really good job with it on the show. The whole Sansa in the snow building the replica of Winterfell is some of my favorite imagery from the books and has inspired a ton of pictures like this one (from the official wiki I think) so I'm glad the show did it justice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Brock Samson posted:

Don't forget flaccid theon dong.

I was really disappointed last episode we didn't get to see what kind of freakshow Theon has now. We had the perfect opportunity too!

• Locked thread