Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
So I guess Littlefinger is in charge of the Eyrie now... unless I'm confused and Robin is technically in charge? Does Robin remain a Lord of the Vale or can Littlefinger be like "Nah, you don't get to be that anymore cuz I'm the boss now."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilikeike222
Nov 1, 2013
Amazing episode....

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Modest Proportion
Dec 16, 2012

"Oh wrangling schools, that search what fire
Shall burn this world, had none the wit
Unto this knowledge to aspire,
That this her fever might be it?"

"Did you just smell me?"

The SituAsian posted:

Jorah should be carrying the Game of Thrones era equivalent of a printer right now.

Could someone shittalk me for being a noob and then explain to me that joke?

TunaSled
Jun 4, 2003

VoidBurger posted:

So I guess Littlefinger is in charge of the Eyrie now... unless I'm confused and Robin is technically in charge? Does Robin remain a Lord of the Vale or can Littlefinger be like "Nah, you don't get to be that anymore cuz I'm the boss now."

He married Lysa, so now he's stuck with (in charge of?) the brat.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

TunaSled posted:

He married Lysa, so now he's stuck with (in charge of?) the brat.

Littlefinger would be Regent or whatever the equivalent is until the boy becomes of age.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Modest Proportion posted:

Could someone shittalk me for being a noob and then explain to me that joke?

A loose female acquaintance of mine calls me at 1:00am today and asks me if I could print something on the computer for her and bring it over in the afternoon. "Hey yeah sure sure, whatever you need I'll help you, I'm all yours," I tell her. She sends me this file and lo and behold I can't open it. It's made in Microsoft Publisher and I don't have that program so I begin panicing, trying to find this program or a way to print the file. Scouring the internet yields no results and I do my usual pacing in my room.

I finally come up with an idea and I tell the girl, if I can proceed with it. The plan was I would carry my printer about 2miles to her house, print out the needed pages, maybe talk to her a bit while I was there. I was hoping for at least a hug out of this ordeal.

By the time I get there, I'm wet all over from sweating in the +90 degree heat outside and carrying a heavy motherfucking HP Deskjet printer. The first thing I see upon entering her room (my first time in a girl's bedroom) are some panties on her bed.

After the initial shock of seeing such a horrific sight for the first time, I setup the printer and get my job done. However, I did consider sniffing the lingere when she left the room once, but with the wuss that I am, I just ended up staring at them the whole while. That was a sarcastic joke for those of you too stupid to realize that

To make a long story short, just as I was finishing up with the printing job (which was hefty), her boyfriend and his gay friend walk in, say hello, and begin hanging out in the room as they waited for the girl to finish this work so they could go to the mall.

This effectively ruins my chances of getting a hug and I walk another 2 miles home with the motherfucking printer in hand. The only thing that I got out of this were some very painful fingers and a "thanks" as I walked out her bedroom door.

So, am I pathetic for doing all these things? It wouldn't be the first time I've pledged my heart and soul to a girl and gotten back almost nothing in return. I would hate turning her or anyone else I knew down or making up some lie.

- Old thread by a goon

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I can't believe they made Sophie Turner kiss that little Aiden Gillen boy.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Ooh, succession discussion.

VoidBurger posted:

Before this episode the kid is lord of the Vale but because he's not an adult his mom was Regent. Just because Littlefinger was married to her doesn't put him in line of succession to the Vale, but he can probably easily be the regent, and since the kid is stupid it's basically a Tywin situation

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
Did Lttlefinger just pull a Robb?

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

IMB posted:

Did Lttlefinger just pull a Robb?

Uh no, Littlefinger didn't just completely owned after a wedding.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Arya completely and utterly steals the show with her pre-murder quips yet again. :allears:

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

If Sansa had any sense or balls shed take her best shot at pushing Little Finger in right after.

She must know how things are going to be now.

Remote User
Nov 17, 2003

Hope deleted.
For someone against slavery, Khaleesi sure has Jorah whipped. :v:

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Why does Littlefinger only talk with half of his face? Did he have a stroke at some point?

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Jack of Hearts posted:

Why does Littlefinger only talk with half of his face? Did he have a stroke at some point?

That's how hard the actor is struggling to maintain his accent.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Jack of Hearts posted:

He knows how fond Sansa was of Margaery Tyrell so he's just trying to make her feel at ease.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Smeef posted:

Which one?

TunaSled
Jun 4, 2003

Cession posted:

If Sansa had any sense or balls shed take her best shot at pushing Little Finger in right after.

Then there's Robyn standing right behind her.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
To be fair, I wouldn't have noticed his accent much at all if not for these threads.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

MrBims posted:

A loose female acquaintance of mine calls me at 1:00am today and asks me if I could print something on the computer for her and bring it over in the afternoon. "Hey yeah sure sure, whatever you need I'll help you, I'm all yours," I tell her. She sends me this file and lo and behold I can't open it. It's made in Microsoft Publisher and I don't have that program so I begin panicing, trying to find this program or a way to print the file. Scouring the internet yields no results and I do my usual pacing in my room.

I finally come up with an idea and I tell the girl, if I can proceed with it. The plan was I would carry my printer about 2miles to her house, print out the needed pages, maybe talk to her a bit while I was there. I was hoping for at least a hug out of this ordeal.

By the time I get there, I'm wet all over from sweating in the +90 degree heat outside and carrying a heavy motherfucking HP Deskjet printer. The first thing I see upon entering her room (my first time in a girl's bedroom) are some panties on her bed.

After the initial shock of seeing such a horrific sight for the first time, I setup the printer and get my job done. However, I did consider sniffing the lingere when she left the room once, but with the wuss that I am, I just ended up staring at them the whole while. That was a sarcastic joke for those of you too stupid to realize that

To make a long story short, just as I was finishing up with the printing job (which was hefty), her boyfriend and his gay friend walk in, say hello, and begin hanging out in the room as they waited for the girl to finish this work so they could go to the mall.

This effectively ruins my chances of getting a hug and I walk another 2 miles home with the motherfucking printer in hand. The only thing that I got out of this were some very painful fingers and a "thanks" as I walked out her bedroom door.

So, am I pathetic for doing all these things? It wouldn't be the first time I've pledged my heart and soul to a girl and gotten back almost nothing in return. I would hate turning her or anyone else I knew down or making up some lie.

- Old thread by a goon

Wheres the part where the girl is having sex with her BF audibly in the other room while he's fiddling with the printer?

tonesville
Apr 25, 2010

Smeef posted:

I realized something tonight and felt dumb for not realizing sooner. Mockingbird is his sigil, right? It's intentional.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I loved that scene of Arya and the Hound at the beginning. Him giving his name and her going "thank you" and just loving stabbing him was awesome. Also anytime we get Tyrion childhood backstories it's always so :smith:

Also didn't Sophie Turner like just turn 18? How loving weird was that scene to shoot for Littlefinger's actor who is like what, late 40s? :stonk:

Oh yeah :lol: at freindzoned Jorah

edit: Also, how high up IS the Eyrie? Is it situated on top of a like a cliff? The shots through the moon door we get is overlooking mountains as if it was from an airplane's perspective.

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 04:41 on May 19, 2014

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

AMReese posted:

No it's not. It's different. Don't confuse the two. It would have added literally nothing.

"Only one woman. Only Cat" is a stronger line than "Only one woman. Your sister." Repetition is a thing.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.
HotPie is the best.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Macaluso posted:

edit: Also, how high up IS the Eyrie? Is it situated on top of a like a cliff? The shots through the moon door we get is overlooking mountains as if it was from an airplane's perspective.

It's actually only like 20 feet up. That's a model train set they keep under the moon door.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Macaluso posted:

I loved that scene of Arya and the Hound at the beginning. Him giving his name and her going "thank you" and just loving stabbing him was awesome. Also anytime we get Tyrion childhood backstories it's always so :smith:

Also didn't Sophie Turner like just turn 18? How loving weird was that scene to shoot for Littlefinger's actor who is like what, late 40s? :stonk:

Well luckily they took the opportunity to make it less creepy by letting us know that he thinks of her as his would-be daughter.

:pedo:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Macaluso posted:

Go back and check out the episode where Sansa arrives this season. (Or maybe someone will post a screenshot) Basically the Eyrie is perched on the top of two mountains with a gap between them and that's where the moon door drops.

No it doesn't make any actual sense but it's kinda cool I guess. In the books the door is on the side of the wall which makes more practical sense but they probably thought it would make for cooler scenes in the middle of the floor.

Modest Proportion
Dec 16, 2012

"Oh wrangling schools, that search what fire
Shall burn this world, had none the wit
Unto this knowledge to aspire,
That this her fever might be it?"

"Did you just smell me?"

MrBims posted:

- Old thread by a goon

Gee what a goof.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Regy Rusty posted:

Go back and check out the episode where Sansa arrives this season. (Or maybe someone will post a screenshot) Basically the Eyrie is perched on the top of two mountains with a gap between them and that's where the moon door drops.

No it doesn't make any actual sense but it's kinda cool I guess. In the books the door is on the side of the wall which makes more practical sense but they probably thought it would make for cooler scenes in the middle of the floor.

You know, I've been wondering how exactly they're seeing the moon through that door. That makes more sense.

Floor is cooler and more dramatic though.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

ilikeike222 posted:

Amazing episode....

Everyone I watched the episode with immediately burst into singing this when he dropped that line: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koJlIGDImiU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Regy Rusty posted:

Ok that really confused me because I read the books and imagined the door in a wall and not in the floor so im like "did i totally imagine this place wrong", guess I didn't.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM

wisdomHNOX posted:

Everyone I watched the episode with immediately burst into singing this when he dropped that line: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koJlIGDImiU

I'd be pretty annoyed if a group of people I was watching GoT with started singing some song obnoxiously

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe
Best ending ever

:byewhore:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

wisdomHNOX posted:

do you watch game of thrones in the High School Musical universe

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

A door in the floor makes less sense, but is also a hell of a lot more rad so I'm happy about that

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
Well that's certainly an interesting form of entertainment Gregor has :stare:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

So what was up with Gregor's scene anyway?

"Hey Mountain, go kill these peasants but first we're gonna give them weapons"

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
How old are Tyrion and Oberyn at this time?

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
the Mountain's face is too cherubic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Away all Goats posted:

So what was up with Gregor's scene anyway?

"Hey Mountain, go kill these peasants but first we're gonna give them weapons"

I think they're prisoners that the Goldcloaks are giving to him to murder for shits and giggles instead of whatever other punishment they're in line for, and the weapons are to make it "sporting".

• Locked thread