Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I think that may just be the poor man's trial by combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TunaSled
Jun 4, 2003

Hand of the King posted:

How old are Tyrion and Oberyn at this time?

I took it that Oberyn is supposed to be at least a good 8 years older than Tyrion, considering his memories are so explicit.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Maxwell Lord posted:

I think that may just be the poor man's trial by combat.

This makes sense.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Macaluso posted:

Oh yeah :lol: at freindzoned Jorah

He should just be known as "Ser Jorah of Fedorah" by now.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

IMB posted:

the Mountain's face is too cherubic.

Kinda makes him more terrifying imo.

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

The SituAsian posted:

Jorah should be carrying the Game of Thrones era equivalent of a printer right now.

Just catching up on the episode now as I watch it, but I had to say this is a great and appropriate reference. Back to the show!

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

The SituAsian posted:

Jorah should be carrying the Game of Thrones era equivalent of a printer right now.

I don't get it. :confused:

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
Yeah. "sporting".

New mountain is cool. He doesn't have the chiseled, ugly features of the first mountain, but he may actually be better than the first one. He may not know how to swing a sword but he sure as hell looks better doing it. A lot of these people don't know where to put their weight so having a body builder who spends their time swinging heavy things around makes a lot of sense, actually.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012

TunaSled posted:

I took it that Oberyn is supposed to be at least a good 8 years older than Tyrion, considering his memories are so explicit.

Tyrion is like 30s and Oberyn is like later 30s early 40s?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

pigdog posted:

I don't get it. :confused:

Some goon posted a while back about how he carried a printer all the way to a girl's house hoping to get a hug from her or something but her boyfriend was there so he didn't get a hug and it made him depressed

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

There were a couple of really good moments this time, but they were brief. There was something wrong with the photography--seemed hollywoody somehow--and the warm/cold lighting was way on the nose in the bathroom scene. I know these are nitpicks but usually I'm too wrapped up in it to really notice that stuff. I used to be really excited to see the show every week but now not so much. There's tons of plot but it feels like less is happening lately.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
What the gently caress, Melisande wasn't wearing her ruby necklace?

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Go Red Viper :black101:

Sansa with her snowcastle of Winterfell was :3:

I would not be surprised if when Mance Rayder attacks Castle Black, he has blueprints supplied to him by Littlefinger because why not.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The first Mountain actually looked like he could be related to the Hound, which was kind of cool. I don't even remember the second Mountain. When I binge-watched season 2, his scenes didn't even register with me.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Mescal posted:

There were a couple of really good moments this time, but they were brief. There was something wrong with the photography--seemed hollywoody somehow--and the warm/cold lighting was way on the nose in the bathroom scene. I know these are nitpicks but usually I'm too wrapped up in it to really notice that stuff. I used to be really excited to see the show every week but now not so much. There's tons of plot but it feels like less is happening lately.

The background of the Sansa snow castle scene looked way too obviously fake to me.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
Here's the new mountain again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhIqnAJE6IY

He's pants shittingly scary, i don't get where you guys are saying he isn't.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

The SituAsian posted:

Hahaha. Great reference.

Stonefish
Nov 1, 2004

Chillin' like a villain

Hand of the King posted:

How old are Tyrion and Oberyn at this time?
Jaime and Cersei are 40, and Cersei was old enough to be a miserable oval office in spoken words, so... 36? (Dinklage is 44)
Oberyn would have to be back around the 40+ area (Pascal is 39)

Macaluso posted:

Also didn't Sophie Turner like just turn 18? How loving weird was that scene to shoot for Littlefinger's actor who is like what, late 40s? :stonk:

edit: Also, how high up IS the Eyrie? Is it situated on top of a like a cliff? The shots through the moon door we get is overlooking mountains as if it was from an airplane's perspective.
Honestly, I thought Sophie was in for far worse than that the minute she turned 18 on this show :quagmire:
Give GRRM time, I guess.

The Eyrie, Season 1

The Eyrie, Season 4

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
My only problem with the new mountain is he looks too young.

Stonefish
Nov 1, 2004

Chillin' like a villain

Mister Fister posted:

Here's the new mountain again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhIqnAJE6IY

He's pants shittingly scary, i don't get where you guys are saying he isn't.

Season 1 Mountain:

Season 4 Mountain:

Pauldrons like a motherfucking Space Marine:

Get him back in his armour, and then we'll judge him.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Really now, do we KNOW Lysa is dead?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Krazyface posted:

It cuts back to Sansa and Littlefinger before you can see it, but Syrio swings underneath the castle like Batman to rescue her.

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
I did not expect to see Hot Pocket ever again, that was a pleasant surprise.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Krazyface posted:

Fat_Cow posted:

SHE DIDN'T FLY SO GOOD.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."
Yeah the first Mountain looked loving psychotic. This mountain looks huge...n' kind of cuddly tbh, plus he seemed almost bored in that ridiculous scene

Lysa falling through the moon door had a certain Robocop look to it, which was odd considering how good the effects usually are in this show

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
I enjoyed, once again, the multiple meanings of the episode title. The crystal bird Baelish gives Robin, which Robin tosses out the moon door, looks to me like a mockingbird. But the Mockingbird tosses someone out of the Moon Door this time.

It's the little things.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The Mountain looking kind of cheery and amiable actually makes me find him more threatening.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
Welp, Cersei hosed up again. Tyrion's on the ropes, she's bought off Bronn, Jamie can't fight for poo poo and everyone else is looking forward to Tyrion's impending death. She could send in Trant to chop Tyrion into little pieces, but instead goes for the grand spectacle of having The Mountain do the deed, since it's not like there's someone around who's been talking about killing him since they got to King's Landing.

Should be interesting once Tywin hears who is Tyrion's new champion.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

MadJackMcJack posted:

Welp, Cersei hosed up again. Tyrion's on the ropes, she's bought off Bronn, Jamie can't fight for poo poo and everyone else is looking forward to Tyrion's impending death. She could send in Trant to chop Tyrion into little pieces, but instead goes for the grand spectacle of having The Mountain do the deed, since it's not like there's someone around who's been talking about killing him since they got to King's Landing.

I think Bronn would have fought Trant.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The first Mountain was fantastic and had a huge amount of charisma. This new guy pretty clearly got the part because he is a giant bodybuilder.

This has not been a perfect season. The raid scene on the Dreadfort felt like a rushjob. The entire Dany story arc has turned into endless filler, and not the interesting kind. And overall, a lot is going on to test the limitations of a TV show budget.

The acting makes up for the deficiencies and then some. I could watch Aiden Gillen and generally all of the people playing Lannisters all day.

Name Change fucked around with this message at 06:46 on May 19, 2014

Curtis of Nigeria
Jan 9, 2009

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

Yeah the first Mountain looked loving psychotic. This mountain looks huge...n' kind of cuddly tbh, plus he seemed almost bored in that ridiculous scene

Lysa falling through the moon door had a certain Robocop look to it, which was odd considering how good the effects usually are in this show

He looks like a grizzled Will Sasso.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

MadJackMcJack posted:

Tywin's smart enough to know that the situation was hosed as soon as Tyrion gave a monologue.

Barebones
Jan 26, 2011

nooneofconsequence posted:

I think Bronn would have fought Trant.

The greatest swordsman who ever lived was killed by Maryn loving Trant.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Barebones posted:

The greatest swordsman who ever lived was killed by Maryn loving Trant.

Any boy whore with a sword could kill 3 Meryn Trants.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

pentyne posted:

Littlefinger would be Regent or whatever the equivalent is until the boy becomes of age.

I doubt the little poo poo will survive the first day of becoming of age.

Cession posted:

If Sansa had any sense or balls shed take her best shot at pushing Little Finger in right after.

She must know how things are going to be now.

Littlefinger is still the only one protecting her. Without him she would probably fly right after her aunt on behest of Robyn.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Globo-Hitler III posted:

I enjoyed, once again, the multiple meanings of the episode title. The crystal bird Baelish gives Robin, which Robin tosses out the moon door, looks to me like a mockingbird. But the Mockingbird tosses someone out of the Moon Door this time.

It's the little things.

The Mockingbird is House Baelish's sigil. I think you see it on Littlefinger's ship's sail when Sansa watches him leave after her betrothal to Tyrion.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Dr Christmas posted:

The Mockingbird is House Baelish's sigil. I think you see it on Littlefinger's ship's sail when Sansa watches him leave after her betrothal to Tyrion.

He also has a pin of a mockingbird. Cersei mentions it in season 2 if I recall.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Decius posted:

I doubt the little poo poo will survive the first day of becoming of age.

Littlefinger is still the only one protecting her. Without him she would probably fly right after her aunt on behest of Robyn.

The Eyrie is so weirdly deserted lately that she could probably put Robyn on her shoulders and carry him screaming to the moon door before anyone even noticed.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
End the show now, there is no way they could ever make a better episode than that. Jesus gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
hahahaha sansa had to kiss peewee herman

• Locked thread