Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

nooneofconsequence posted:

I think Bronn would have fought Trant.

Could have, yes. Would have? He's always said he'll go for the highest bidder, and not only has Cersei given him a wife with a title, a castle, and a lordship only one murder away, but even if Tyrion survives he'll likely be cut off from all his resources since his resources all stem from Tywin, and he's probably on the verge of completely disowning Tyrion. Plus Tywin's not about to reward the man who was instrumental to foiling his plans.

Bronn's not stupid. Win or lose, Tyrion's a sucker's bet now, regardless of his feelings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
At this point I'm imagining that Littlefinger/Sansa's arc won't even need any additional dialogue, the next episode will simply be peppered with shots of Eyrie lords flying down the chute. Tyrion and Oberyn discuss the details of the duel, Ser Galahad of Whatever goes down the chute. Dany discovers what it REALLY means to rule by offering to coach for a down-on-its-luck Mereenese hockey team, Lord Johnny Lordly goes down the chute. The Hound delivers a heart-wrenching monologue on how much he loves to eat chicken, Robin Arryn goes down the chute.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Definitely liked the first Mountain better, but I agree that seeing this new one in his armor might change my mind. I think it's the combo of having kind of a baby face combined with powerlifters looking kind of chubby that takes away a lot of the menace. Also introducing him by chopping up pathetic peasants isn't all that scary considering all the poo poo that we've seen on this show already. Seeing him in full armor actually fighting would have been a lot more impressive, but I guess there's not really a feasible way to do that since who he really be fighting?

edit: Also I feel bad for Sana's actress, had to kiss an old dude and a child in a 5-minute span.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
The guy who plays Jorah is such a great actor. He had(has?)a show where he plays a drunken police dude in a snazzy scarf who punches people and is generally told by everyone else what a drunk piece of poo poo he is while he solves weird crimes like people getting murdered by halberds. It's a great show.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

SexyBlindfold posted:

At this point I'm imagining that Littlefinger/Sansa's arc won't even need any additional dialogue, the next episode will simply be peppered with shots of Eyrie lords flying down the chute. Tyrion and Oberyn discuss the details of the duel, Ser Galahad of Whatever goes down the chute. Dany discovers what it REALLY means to rule by offering to coach for a down-on-its-luck Mereenese hockey team, Lord Johnny Lordly goes down the chute. The Hound delivers a heart-wrenching monologue on how much he loves to eat chicken, Robin Arryn goes down the chute.

Littlefinger is such a Palpatine level chess wizard at this game that I wouldn't be surprised if he orchestrated every bit of what happened to make Sansa love him and it actually works. I mean, Sansa is not the smartest slice of the hot pie.

photo kiosk of life
Aug 31, 2004

Not the best role model.

Globo-Hitler III posted:

He also has a pin of a mockingbird. Cersei mentions it in season 2 if I recall.

He's also wearing it this entire episode: http://i.imgur.com/8kLfIJo.jpg

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

WOOO! This season has been fantastic. Emmys for everyone! I especially loved Hot Pie's upgraded wolf bread. :3: It's really nice to see payoff for all those earlier stories and characters.

Kevyn posted:

Game of throwns
Hahahahah

Heh, Baelish is so drat creepy.

Spartan421
Jul 5, 2004

I'd love to lay you down.
I want to see Robyn Arryn flyyy

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

photo kiosk of life posted:

He's also wearing it this entire episode: http://i.imgur.com/8kLfIJo.jpg

True.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

MadJackMcJack posted:

Could have, yes. Would have? He's always said he'll go for the highest bidder, and not only has Cersei given him a wife with a title, a castle, and a lordship only one murder away, but even if Tyrion survives he'll likely be cut off from all his resources since his resources all stem from Tywin, and he's probably on the verge of completely disowning Tyrion. Plus Tywin's not about to reward the man who was instrumental to foiling his plans.

Bronn's not stupid. Win or lose, Tyrion's a sucker's bet now, regardless of his feelings.
Bronn legitimately likes Tyrion and can in no way trust Cersei. She's just as likely to have him killed as see him be a lord, knowing he's friends with Tyrion.

Tyrion survives and he's still heir to the Rock and set to control the North. Tywin would still need Jaime to renounce his Kingsguard vows. I'm sure they could work something out.

Seems like Bronn did consider fighting the Mountain, but decided against it for the reasons he laid out. Trant is a chump. Bronn would own him.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

hahahaha sansa had to kiss peewee herman

I imagine her being noticeably taller than him made it look less awkward.

Poor Lysa. At least she got to hit it before he quit it.

SoFarGone
Nov 2, 2011
Living well is the best revenge.

Spartan421 posted:

I want to see Robyn Arryn flyyy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FieFsClyJ4

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Also introducing him by chopping up pathetic peasants isn't all that scary considering all the poo poo that we've seen on this show already.

One simple change to fix that whole scene: Don't keep releasing one peon at a time. Show him take them ALL on, that dude's sword is big enoguh he could bring down two to a swipe, Jesus.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Stonefish posted:

The Eyrie, Season 1

The Eyrie, Season 4

This doesn't seem like a big jump to me; it looks like one path is from, say, the South and another is from the Northeast or something. Just a different angle on the same location.

Elphiem
Dec 4, 2005

CFC Fan
Is the reason for the different Mountains because he hardly gets any screen time? From the actor's point of view.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
Was fully expecting Robin Arryn to run in and jump after his mother, like Smithers to Mr Burns. "Mummy nooooooooooooooooo!"

A great episode. I have to agree about the wrong choices for recasting. Daario was much better when he was sleazy sexy Sir Lovelylocks, and the Mountain looked more psychotic with the former actor.

However, this episode was great, and really helps top what was an ace episode last week. Really good.

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

Blazing Ownager posted:

This doesn't seem like a big jump to me; it looks like one path is from, say, the South and another is from the Northeast or something. Just a different angle on the same location.

that's a radically hugely different layout.

I mean, I don't care about the change, but arguing they look the same is confusing because side by side the only thing they have in common is 'they're both elevated castles'.

totally different geography and layout and everything.

ProfessorGroove
Jun 10, 2006

by Ion Helmet

Elphiem posted:

Is the reason for the different Mountains because he hardly gets any screen time? From the actor's point of view.

The first one left for a role in the hobbit that ended up getting cut. The second one I think was a stuntman who does stuff like the white walkers on the show so they threw him in the role for season 2 because he didn't have many lines then.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Hey quick question, I'm not sure I heard this entirely right: Did the Red Lady admit that 99% of what she does (apparently, except shadow-assassin-womb) is bullshit and is smoke & mirrors, like throwing stuff into the fire so people think the Lord of Light is actually involved?

It seemed to be what was stated but people here talked over some dialogue.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Here's what really happened to the first Mountain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amrmWyKz48k

Jetrock
Jul 26, 2005

This is the tower of murder... it's where I hang out!

Maxwell Lord posted:

I think that may just be the poor man's trial by combat.

Small claims court.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Stonefish posted:

The Eyrie, Season 1

The Eyrie, Season 4

A lot of CGI that blurs the line between realism and fantasy plays too conservatively and ends up looking both boring and unfeasible. S4 Eyrie does neither and whoever drew up this shot deserves an award.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

The reaction to the end of this episode on the spoiler thread should be pretty good.

E: Ohhh, it's even better than I thought :mmmhmm:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Blazing Ownager posted:

Hey quick question, I'm not sure I heard this entirely right: Did the Red Lady admit that 99% of what she does (apparently, except shadow-assassin-womb) is bullshit and is smoke & mirrors, like throwing stuff into the fire so people think the Lord of Light is actually involved?

Yeah, she said that she uses lies in order to bring people to the truth, or whatever. She did also drink the poison that killed that maester without suffering any ill effects, but maybe she spent a few years building up an immunity to that stuff

Zilkin
Jan 9, 2009

ProfessorGroove posted:

The first one left for a role in the hobbit that ended up getting cut. The second one I think was a stuntman who does stuff like the white walkers on the show so they threw him in the role for season 2 because he didn't have many lines then.

The first Mountain was supposed to be play the role of Bolg in the Hobbit movies, but instead they ended up doing him completely digitally. If I remember correctly that change was actually made after all his scenes had already been shot too. Bet he wishes he had stayed on GoT now.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Tirranek posted:

The reaction to the end of this episode on the spoiler thread should be pretty good.

I like this version of the Eyrie:

More Westerosi castles here, no spoilers: http://imgur.com/a/rZ4AG

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD

snucks posted:

A lot of CGI that blurs the line between realism and fantasy plays too conservatively and ends up looking both boring and unfeasible. S4 Eyrie does neither and whoever drew up this shot deserves an award.

The first one looked pretty great when all the kingsguard armor was plastic and before the dragons and direwolves had any real size to them.

Hedrigall posted:

Those are some pretty great drawings, but the only design that looks smart might be sunspear and the Red Keep. What is it with people and designing approachable walls? Dragonstone and the Eyrie get bonus points for hard-to-get-to, though.
Really great interpretations, though.

DISCO KING fucked around with this message at 08:34 on May 19, 2014

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Democratic Pirate posted:

Here's what really happened to the first Mountain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amrmWyKz48k

Oh my god, one of the comments absolutely slays me.

"0:20 Azog watches his son Bolg die."

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Zilkin posted:

The first Mountain was supposed to be play the role of Bolg in the Hobbit movies, but instead they ended up doing him completely digitally. If I remember correctly that change was actually made after all his scenes had already been shot too. Bet he wishes he had stayed on GoT now.
According to Stevens it was HBO that didn't want him back after the first season. He didn't want to leave.

http://www.conanstevens.com/acting-movies-tv-film/tall-actor-blog/game-of-thrones-season-02.html

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

Tirranek posted:

Yeah I read the spoiler thread as well just so I could see their reaction to "Your sister" (not a book reader, but I know most of the major events in the books) and the tears are amazing.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

HaroldofTheRock posted:

I did not expect to see Hot Pocket ever again, that was a pleasant surprise.

It'll be good to see Brienne give Arya that gift after a hundred days of searching while bumping about by Pod's rough riding. "Oh joy, a bag a stale crumbs."

I bet Stannis' wife is happy to be upgraded to #1 crazy mom in all of Westeros

Pleasant Friend fucked around with this message at 08:40 on May 19, 2014

Stonefish
Nov 1, 2004

Chillin' like a villain

Jetrock posted:

Small claims court.
This is the best laugh I've had all week.

Blazing Ownager posted:

"Fake it until you make it", I believe is the technical term.

She's got actual substance, but she leads with showmanship first.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW

Krazyface posted:

Really now, do we KNOW Lysa is dead?

I agree. I don't think we've seen the 'last' of this 'lady'!

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Blazing Ownager posted:

My impression was that she has some power and whatnot but yeah there's lots of tricks as well because people are more convinced and impressed by bigbaddabooms then more subtle magic, which is also probably harder to pull off. Shadowbaby took time to gestate and seemed like a fairly intensive effort to give birth to.

MrTpug
Feb 16, 2011

I can't be the only one that would totally tune in to the weekly adventures of Pod and Brieanne

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot
I'm so creeped out for Sansa. Lysa almost gave away that Little finger is a big reason why her whole family is dead, but she did it in a crazy way and Sansa is so drat naive.... She might be all up on those little fingers before Arya or Brienne come by

MadJackMcJack posted:

Welp, Cersei hosed up again. Tyrion's on the ropes, she's bought off Bronn, Jamie can't fight for poo poo and everyone else is looking forward to Tyrion's impending death. She could send in Trant to chop Tyrion into little pieces, but instead goes for the grand spectacle of having The Mountain do the deed, since it's not like there's someone around who's been talking about killing him since they got to King's Landing.

Should be interesting once Tywin hears who is Tyrion's new champion.

I almost think Tywin suggested it. As much as he hates Tyrion, he absolutely can't risk his only heir dying. He knew Oberryn would step up, and at least give him a shot (and also make Oberryn like him more)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

CuddleChunks posted:

Heh, Baelish is so drat creepy.

Littlefinger: Okay Peter, you blew it with her mom, don't screw it up this time, you've had years to prepare for this..... SO HEY I COULD HAVE BEEN YOUR DAD, WANNA MAKE OUT!?!

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Hedrigall posted:

that looks like poo poo dude it's just a castle dumped on a cliff instead of a castle built into a cliff

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Bobo the Red posted:

I'm so creeped out for Sansa. Lysa almost gave away that Little finger is a big reason why her whole family is dead, but she did it in a crazy way and Sansa is so drat naive.... She might be all up on those little fingers before Arya or Brienne come by
I don't believe you were creeped out, I think you just wanted to make that joke :mad:

Macrame_God posted:

I imagine her being noticeably taller than him made it look less awkward.
Yeah, her being as tall as him took the edge off of it a bit. That said, isn't Sansa like ~15 and Littlefinger must be at least twice that? :stare:

All things considered thought this was an awesome episode, though it still feels like there are too many strands that are barely going anywhere (Danys non-adventures being the most notable). Poor Jorah :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

Durzel posted:

Yeah, her being as tall as him took the edge off of it a bit. That said, isn't Sansa like ~15 and Littlefinger must be at least twice that? :stare:

Yep, and don't forget Dany was like 14 when she was married to Drogo.

• Locked thread