Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
someone posted that on instagram and said they thought it was fried chicken

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Well if it came from Weibo it might as well be

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

omgosh

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

blue merle aussie shep???

DAAAAAAWWWWWWWW :3

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
prolly one of my fav dog pics

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Cite that dog for Dogging Under the Influence.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

genderstomper58 posted:

prolly one of my fav dog pics

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

i would like to see the rest of the dragonball z fight this corg is in the middle of tia

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Great, you blew the entire animation budget. Now we need to do ten episodes of nothing but a still frame of the bad guy's back while he monologues.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

"GROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONK"

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

Cole posted:

someone posted that on instagram and said they thought it was fried chicken

For a second there that's exactly what I thought

tasty lookin little doggies

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

My neighbor just got a 10 week old Newfoundland puppy. It's literally the softest thing I've touched in my life, also it weighs 35 loving pounds at 10 weeks and has paws almost as wide as the palm of my hand :staredog:

Bolow fucked around with this message at 18:33 on May 19, 2014

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Bolow posted:

My neighbor just got a 10 week old Newfoundland puppy. It's literally the softest thing I've touched in my life, also it weighs 35 loving pounds at 10 weeks and has paws almost as wide as the palm of my hand :staredog:
It's a good thing newfies are the best-natured dogs ever because they get terrifyingly large.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

evil_bunnY posted:

It's a good thing newfies are the best-natured dogs ever because they get terrifyingly large.

They are insanely gigantic.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Safety first goons!!

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Cole posted:

Safety first goons!!

Wanna play fetch with that dogge :3:

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Bolow posted:

The girl I've been seeing has so readily agreed to my tentative plan to structure our lives around having a Newfie that I'm considering marrying her.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Clamps McGraw posted:

The girl I've been seeing has so readily agreed to my tentative plan to structure our lives around having a Newfie that I'm considering marrying her.

I'm with you there.

I broke up with an otherwise lovely woman just because she didn't like dogs. She was perfectly eligible in all respects and I liked her a lot, but when she did a little scared-dance away from a drat golden retriever trying to play with her, I became convinced that she was concealing deeper emotional problems.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

oh my god :kimchi:

e:

at the date posted:

I broke up with an otherwise lovely woman just because she didn't like dogs. She was perfectly eligible in all respects and I liked her a lot, but when she did a little scared-dance away from a drat golden retriever trying to play with her, I became convinced that she was concealing deeper emotional problems.

My girlfriend is a :airquote:Cat Person:airquote: that really didn't like dogs until she realized not all of them are like the big dog that belonged to her shithead neighbor who just let it pounce on and topple her and her brother and other six year olds while they were walking to school.

I'm glad she's cool with dogs now because otherwise this may not have worked :chord:

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 23:41 on May 19, 2014

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

at the date posted:

I'm with you there.

I've seen exactly ONE golden (maybe a yellow lab) that was aggressive. But not aggressive enough to fight a 6-month old Logan with no front teeth, fortunately.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Oh dear that's cute :3:

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
wanna get in that tub

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzwE26DTHw0

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Bolow posted:

I am convinced that they are not dogs. They are in fact, bears.

Because Jesus loving Christ

This is the happiest dog ever.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Does anyone here know the process involved in getting a dog declared a PTSD comfort dog? The VA website makes it seem like it's as easy as getting a doctor to write a note. I only ask because I'm moving to boston which is not pet friendly.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Time posted:

Does anyone here know the process involved in getting a dog declared a PTSD comfort dog? The VA website makes it seem like it's as easy as getting a doctor to write a note. I only ask because I'm moving to boston which is not pet friendly.

Double check, but if I remember correctly you have to be diagnosed with a condition that your doctor can approve a service animal for. The doctor has to approve you for a service animal, and then you can get one from an agency that trains them. After that you are granted all the rights of any individual who has a service animal (IE seeing eye dogs).

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Time posted:

Are you sure? I was just in Boston and was struck by how many people were walking dogs around there. There was one like every 20 yards around downtown on the weekend.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

at the date posted:

Are you sure? I was just in Boston and was struck by how many people were walking dogs around there. There was one like every 20 yards around downtown on the weekend.

70-80% of apartments do not allow dogs

Genocide Tendency posted:

Double check, but if I remember correctly you have to be diagnosed with a condition that your doctor can approve a service animal for. The doctor has to approve you for a service animal, and then you can get one from an agency that trains them. After that you are granted all the rights of any individual who has a service animal (IE seeing eye dogs).

I'm reading that service dogs are different than comfort dogs but that comfort dogs still fall under protected animals as part of the Americans with disabilities act. Also I have a Purple Heart so convincing a health care professional to write PTSD down will be trivial.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Phone posting earlier made this harder than it needed to be.

http://www.ptsd.va.gov/public/treatment/cope/dogs_and_ptsd.asp

I was asking about the comfort/ptsd dogs here and not service ones. From what it sounds like you can have a dog declared one after the fact but I'm not positive. If anyone has gone through the process here in GIP let me know if im being a huge retard or whatever

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Time posted:

Phone posting earlier made this harder than it needed to be.

http://www.ptsd.va.gov/public/treatment/cope/dogs_and_ptsd.asp

I was asking about the comfort/ptsd dogs here and not service ones. From what it sounds like you can have a dog declared one after the fact but I'm not positive. If anyone has gone through the process here in GIP let me know if im being a huge retard or whatever

Yeah. I know a guy who got his Beagle declared one after he had it for a few months as a therapeutic thing for his PTSD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax