Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
They havn't said what the ultimate pize is, unless those are litterly gold coins and they get to keept them, which would own. I kind of doubt it though, because that would be a pretty giant prize given how many there were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

The gauze would be at the scene because of the nurse perhaps depending on what the victim suffered from. The question is who put the gauze on the victim. Would the victim have the foresight to press the gauze on his wound before going into shock? If not, why would the murderer put it on the victim? To slow the victim bleeding to death? Wouldn't any of the other people who entered the room have seen the wound?

I'm confused and think I'm making something out of nothing.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Had this been a real life case, gauze on the victim would have meant it was done by somebody with a personal connection, enough care to send him off not looking like a wreck, so family or partner.

Of course, it seems the scene is set so that it's too soon for an autopsy, so there's no way to tell if the gauze was used to smother the old mans screaming until he was out, and then used to cover up the wound.

e: The manwha/manhua on Uncle's desk seem indeed to be of Sangokushi, of the 1970's

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 14, 2014

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

MrLonghair posted:

Had this been a real life case, gauze on the victim would have meant it was done by somebody with a personal connection, enough care to send him off not looking like a wreck, so family or partner.

Of course, it seems the scene is set so that it's too soon for an autopsy, so there's no way to tell if the gauze was used to smother the old mans screaming until he was out, and then used to cover up the wound.

My thought too, but that's the problem with these play detective cases. Hard to know what was meant to be a clue and what's just decoration.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Just started watching Crime Scene:

Korean name

Korean name

Korean name

Henry

I loving lost it lol

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Poker dude from The Genius was "Uncle Jimmy" which was gold.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I'm not really sold on Crime Scene yet. That first episode felt really rough and I'm not sure if it's because the players were terrible at finding the clues that tie things together or the producers weren't good at creating an interesting puzzle. I'm going to give it another episode but I don't see myself sticking it out if the next mystery plays out like this one.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Random Stranger posted:

I'm not really sold on Crime Scene yet. That first episode felt really rough and I'm not sure if it's because the players were terrible at finding the clues that tie things together or the producers weren't good at creating an interesting puzzle.

I think it's entirely too early to pass that sort of judgement considering we've not even seen the entire puzzle yet. At any rate it does seem to be pretty slow-paced show.

Fuoco
Jan 3, 2009
TVN are doing a public casting call for Season 3, and it's interestingly open to any nationalities.

https://twitter.com/Bumdidlyump/status/466840227739213825

Bumdidlyumptious will also return to sub it even without Jinho.

Crime Scene was okay. Henry's antics have been the most entertaining aspect for me so far. If he keeps it up, and if the excitement builds elsewhere it may turn into a decent watch.

Fuoco fucked around with this message at 09:33 on May 15, 2014

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

JakeP posted:

Just started watching Crime Scene:

Korean name

Korean name

Korean name

Henry

I loving lost it lol

It's hard enough remembering names on Korean shows, they have to go and give everyone a second one.

Was Park Ji Yoon on running man? I'm sure at least someone that looks like her was.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

sharktamer posted:

Was Park Ji Yoon on running man? I'm sure at least someone that looks like her was.

Never seen her on Running Man before.

She's been in the K-Pop scene for a long long time, like 15+ years. She recently had a video featuring a bunch of IC members (including YJS and Ha Ha) though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S0wPs6TrEE

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Fuoco posted:

Bumdidlyumptious will also return to sub it even without Jinho.

Given this promo: (S2 spoilers) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzu1fqKY000

I think Jinho will be returning.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Suspicious Dish posted:

Given this promo: (S2 spoilers) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzu1fqKY000

I think Jinho will be returning.

Well they need a genius in the cast.

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.

Dancing Peasant posted:

Never seen her on Running Man before.

She's been in the K-Pop scene for a long long time, like 15+ years. She recently had a video featuring a bunch of IC members (including YJS and Ha Ha) though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S0wPs6TrEE

The Park Ji Yoon in Crime Scene was an announcer at KBS that is now an MC in various programs. That Park Ji Yoon in the music video is a singer/actress.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Yeah they did confuse me since they look nothing alike. I thought she just scrubbed up really really well.

I think Park So Hyun was who I was confusing her with on Running man also.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Second episode of Crime Scene has been subbed.

Guess we should spoil murderer reveal talk from this episode? Still will be a bit general with this:

Murderer made sense, and even though the contestants missed a fairly vital clue, I think it could have been explained away if needed.

In hindsight there were a lot of red herrings for several of the players. Seems like there should be some reward for those who identify the murderer even if they weren't in the majority. But then I guess everyone's job is to convince the rest who the real murderer is. Also played some part this episode, as the murderer being in the majority tilted it away from them in the final count.

Second episode preview also confirms the same cast, which I think was a question early on.

Teek fucked around with this message at 21:01 on May 20, 2014

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The reveal was everything I wanted it to be. :allears: The driver getting axed despite it making no sense (no motive :v:) was great. Being aggressive and accusing everyone else really didn't pay off. Not that the viewers were fooled. A slight majority got it right. There was a lot pointing to the uncle too but the book and CCTV footage had me convinced.

I'll be following this for sure.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Oh wow, case closure thoughts: She was my #2 of the initially-unlikely-thus-likely suspects, felt like they let time flow away too fast during that initial crime scene investigation, unless we simply got the "for TV thrill-edited" five minutes when it actually was shorter in real life, they did that a few times while I was filming for reality shows. Absolutely amazing, addicted to this show also!

I don't know what Henry does besides being wacky and whoa-some but I really like him.

e: also loving the "everyone's a suspect" job

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 23:42 on May 20, 2014

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Was pretty good, when they went through the the clues for the final time I was able to correctly pin the 'most likely' murderer, by which I mean the person who had the most overlap with all the different categories (means, motive, opportunity etc), which definitely helped make it feel like a proper mystery.

Her alibi fit best with the killer, admittedly this one was part hindsight and I didn't see it as clearly at the time - the uncle could also have left to kill the CEO through the window, but had no way of making it unlikely for family to look for him while doing so. The CEO and driver could both have entered through the window as well, but had no real way of ensuring EITHER of the uncle/daughter, or also in the CEO's case, driver, wouldn't spot them. The nurse didn't have an alibi at all, which was what made me think it wasn't her - she would pick some other way of committing the murder that wouldn't add the lack of alibi to her already significant list of suspicious circumstances. On the other hand, the daughter would know the shower would keep her mother out, would know her uncle's evening patterns and that he's unlikely to spot her, and would know that the driver/nurse couldn't possibly be around. Compared to the other four, the chance of getting caught (by her uncle looking out his window when she returned) or at least suspected was much smaller.

Pity everyone missed the raincoat though, or maybe rather lucky as that would have taken a lot of suspense away I think. Those eye-holes would be incredibly suspicious after all. I can't really imagine the real case being terribly hard for an actual forensics team given its presence, even discounting things like DNA/fingerprints and poo poo. I am slightly sad we didn't get some of the weird stuff relating to other suspects, mainly the uncle, explained though. Thinking mostly of the convenient hole in the receipt.

Looking forward to the next mystery! The fact that it'll be an English case reminds me, I was impressed with Henry and uh...the nurse's (I'll remember the names eventually!) English in this episode too.

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?

Teek posted:

Second episode of Crime Scene has been subbed.

Guess we should spoil murderer reveal talk from this episode? Still will be a bit general with this:

Murderer made sense, and even though the contestants missed a fairly vital clue, I think it could have been explained away if needed.

In hindsight there were a lot of red herrings for several of the players. Seems like there should be some reward for those who identify the murderer even if they weren't in the majority. But then I guess everyone's job is to convince the rest who the real murderer is. Also played some part this episode, as the murderer being in the majority tilted it away from them in the final count.

Second episode preview also confirms the same cast, which I think was a question early on.

The killer only gets the majority's prize, so I think the two people that voted correctly got to keep their prize. (I think Jinho was one of them)

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Knives and Hot Dust posted:

The killer only gets the majority's prize, so I think the two people that voted correctly got to keep their prize. (I think Jinho was one of them)

I thought the implication was they don't get anything no matter what, so there's no prize to swipe, as it were, by the killer. Right killer pinned, majority gets their money, minority nothing. Wrong one, killer gets majority's money, minority nothing.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Insurrectionist posted:

I was impressed with Henry and uh...the nurse's (I'll remember the names eventually!) English in this episode too.

Henry's actually Canadian and English is his first language (Korean's second or third) so that one makes sense.

Dunno about Yoonji though.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Dragonatrix posted:

Henry's actually Canadian and English is his first language (Korean's second or third) so that one makes sense.

Dunno about Yoonji though.

In the first episode where they were introducing the cast, the narration mentioned that she went to UCLA. That's a pretty good reason to know some English!

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Okay, I'm fully on board with this now. If the second case is a bit more polished, then the first episode of it might not be as much of a drag.

If you watched the first episode and were ambivalent about continuing, give this one a try-- it's much more interesting.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
I wasn't expecting so much English out of a Korean variety show, but it's hilarious. The second episode was way better than the first, and I'm hoping that the series continues to improve in this direction. At the very least the cast dynamic is becoming more enjoyable to watch as they get to know each other more.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Like in games of Mafia, I need to remind myself that an aggressively bad actor is usually just an aggressively bad actor. :v: Seriously what the gently caress driver?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Xoidanor posted:

The reveal was everything I wanted it to be. :allears: The driver getting axed despite it making no sense (no motive :v:) was great. Being aggressive and accusing everyone else really didn't pay off. Not that the viewers were fooled. A slight majority got it right. There was a lot pointing to the uncle too but the book and CCTV footage had me convinced.

I'll be following this for sure.
Yeah, it was hilarious that three people picked the driver. Granted, one of them was the actual murderer, but still, two others!

Solving the crime was pretty easy once they found that anatomy text book which was a big red flag. Daughter had:
Motive - huge debt and loan sharks
No alibi - could slip out the window (and the closed circuit TV basically proved he'd been killed by the nurse or through window-sneaking)
Know-how - anatomy book

The other good suspects had a missing piece, the driver NO MOTIVE, AT ALL! and the uncle - suspiciously as the hammy dude playing him acted - wouldn't have known about the carotid artery stuff. So you can eliminate them. That actually left the nurse as a suspect, but I guess you were supposed to take her at her word that her job paid more than the money she would have gotten from the death. Also, just being the last one with him alive, killing him, and then walking out wouldn't usually be a good murder plan.

Jinho got it right of course, but the mother was actually the most impressive to me, she seemed to sniff out everything. The anatomy text book, the beer can on the balcony, all kinds of stuff.

It was pretty surreal hearing Henry and the nurse converse in English.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 04:39 on May 21, 2014

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Nondevor posted:

In the first episode where they were introducing the cast, the narration mentioned that she went to UCLA. That's a pretty good reason to know some English!

Yeah, according to Wikipedia, she moved to the San Fernando Valley in the 4th grade and then went to UCLA. So both she and Henry have a lot of English experience. Noticeably, most of Henry's notes appeared to be in English. Never caught hers.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
The casual switching back and forth was great to hear. Being in a particularly bilingual part of Canada I get that all the time with French and English, but it's fun to hear in other languages and on TV.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

I like this show a lot though in light of how this played out it seems to me, that if somebody had spent the entire time searching the daughters room, they'd have found the raincoat which along with everything else would have been completely damning. So in future episodes wouldn't it make sense for the team to divide up rooms to search exclusively during the evidence gathering phase? I mean nobody would be assigned a room they are associated with so even the guilty party would have no reason to withhold evidence.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Zythrst posted:

I like this show a lot though in light of how this played out it seems to me, that if somebody had spent the entire time searching the daughters room, they'd have found the raincoat which along with everything else would have been completely damning. So in future episodes wouldn't it make sense for the team to divide up rooms to search exclusively during the evidence gathering phase? I mean nobody would be assigned a room they are associated with so even the guilty party would have no reason to withhold evidence.

The raincoat was just a raincoat with holes in it though, since the blood had been washed off. It could have easily been explained as "I used it as a costume once" or something.

I hope Henry starts to actually play like a real person instead of a wacky comedian... or whatever the hell he was trying to accomplish.

Midrena
May 2, 2009

Superrodan posted:

I hope Henry starts to actually play like a real person instead of a wacky comedian... or whatever the hell he was trying to accomplish.

Yeah he's really annoying. I don't know if he's not taking things seriously (well, as seriously as you can take a game, anyway) -- I guess in a way I just find it disrespectful to the other players as well as to the production team when he's being spazzy or jokey.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Superrodan posted:

The raincoat was just a raincoat with holes in it though, since the blood had been washed off. It could have easily been explained as "I used it as a costume once" or something.

Yeah I just meant there would have been a pretty heavy evidence load in that direction, I mean it almost went the other way with what they already had. As far as Henry I don't know why people think the producers don't want him acting this way. Beside his interactions with others have been great.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Henry is like Hongchul, he knows that he's aware it's a TV show as well as a game so he's playing up to the cameras to keep people entertained. He's not just being facetious for no reason

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
Maybe it's a long-term strategy so when he gets to be the criminal no one will take his suspicious poo poo seriously.

I think we know these people better now so I wonder if it'll be less chaotic to guess the criminal in the next episodes.

Goddamn driver.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Thanks for the excellent spoiler tag, Symbolic Butt. It totally hid that spoiler text.

(I actually have been waiting to watch this show together with a friend tonight, so I'm trying to keep down on spoilers. I probably should just stop reading the thread)

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Rarity posted:

Henry is like Hongchul, he knows that he's aware it's a TV show as well as a game so he's playing up to the cameras to keep people entertained. He's not just being facetious for no reason

Unlike Hongchul though, I don't enjoy anything he's doing on the show and just find him incredibly annoying. I liked him better on Celebrity MasterChef when he actually tried to win.

Midrena
May 2, 2009

Rarity posted:

I loved Hongchul. I find Henry to be annoying, and I will admit that I'm biased because I've hated him since that moment in the first episode where they had to pick who they were going to be roleplaying, and he basically acted stupid and was almost spoiling the game by flipping his card and flashing everyone with it. Not once, but twice even. Hongchul was goofy but at least he seemed to take the game seriously.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Rarity posted:

The difference is that the audience is trying to vicariously solve the mystery through his ability to look for clues, and he's just messing around and schticking it up instead of actually trying to look for clues and play the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Henry is great and was the only one to find the Eiffel tower knife, so he can find clues too and be funny.