Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
uh
This poll is closed.
embiid 41 32.28%
wiggins 86 67.72%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

I'm hopin! I mean what is Cleveland's biggest need?

Jobs for it's unemployed population.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

jimcunningham posted:

Im thinking
Cavs - Embiid or Saric bc Cleveland
Bucks - Wiggins
76ers - Parker
Magic - Randle
Jazz - Gordon
Celtics - Exum
Lakers - Smart
Kings - Vonleh
Hornets - McDermott
76ers - Saric
Nuggets - Lavine
Magic - Nurkic
Twolves - Stauskas
Suns - trade

Super unlikely the Magic take a big unless they're 100% he's a star, they've got a frontcourt logjam and badly need shooting and ball handling. It'll be Exum or Smart for them.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I wonder what that homeless man hopes the Cavs do with #1 overall.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The Glumslinger posted:

God dammit, the Lakers are gonna draft Aaron Gordon, aren't they?

It would make me happy.

I kind of think the Lakers are going to trade down though if they can.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

jimcunningham posted:

Im thinking
Cavs - Embiid or Saric bc Cleveland
Bucks - Wiggins
76ers - Parker
Magic - Randle
Jazz - Gordon
Celtics - Exum
Lakers - Smart
Kings - Vonleh
Hornets - McDermott
76ers - Saric
Nuggets - Lavine
Magic - Nurkic
Twolves - Stauskas
Suns - trade

Hornets won't actually take McDermott, I was just trying to guess which left-field prospect they'd take that would make me kind of angry despite not really knowing anything about these guys. They'll probably just take whichever SG they like best.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Looks like Embiid made the right choice jumping to the NBA. Cleveland you are running out of excuses for your record.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Spoeank posted:

Aaron craft

bearic
Apr 14, 2004

john brown split this heart
It's pretty impressive that the Kings are totally disappointed with their pick but still get Vonleh, who I think would have gone #1 last year (to a sane front office).

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Quest For Glory II posted:

I'm hopin! I mean what is Cleveland's biggest need?

Front office personnel.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
HOW THE gently caress DOES CLEVELAND KEEP WINNING? 1. loving 1 PERCENT

kill me and Jabari Parker's "defense"

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

vegaji posted:

It's pretty impressive that the Kings are totally disappointed with their pick but still get Vonleh, who I think would have gone #1 last year (to a sane front office).

Nope

@SHowardCooper
Just filed to http://nba.com : Kings put No. 8 on the trade block, wanting veteran instead of next rookie to develop. Link to come.

:smith: Yay I can't wait to see what kind of Rajon Rondo package we are getting :smith:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I guess best case for Utah now is Randle. Or Vonleh, I guess. It would probably mean trying to trade Kanter, but oh well. They're not taking a point guard two years in a row (well they might with their other first rounder or second rounder, but I doubt in the lottery). They could take Gordon but gently caress.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Nice, Joe Dumars wins again as the Pistons keep their 2015 1st round pick

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

FuzzySkinner posted:

I now can't blame him for bailing, I still think the way he did it was tacky though.

He needed to leave to become the player he is now, but still you just don't do that.

Do what? Raise $2.3m for the Akron Boy's Club? Yeah, what a selfish prick.

e: my point is that Cleveland is a hopeless poo poo organization, much like my Warriors when Cohen owned them.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Rick posted:

It would make me happy.

I kind of think the Lakers are going to trade down though if they can.

I was day dreaming so much about a top 3 pick that now I'm lost and confused about what the Lakers will do with a 7th. Though I agree with you; I think trading down would be better for the team since we owe so many picks. I can't even really picture how next season is going to look. I suspect it's depressing.

bearic
Apr 14, 2004

WhyteRyce posted:

Nope

@SHowardCooper
Just filed to http://nba.com : Kings put No. 8 on the trade block, wanting veteran instead of next rookie to develop. Link to come.

:smith: Yay I can't wait to see what kind of Rajon Rondo package we are getting :smith:
Please move the Cavs/Kings to KC/Seattle. Or purge the front offices or something. The Kings wouldn't make the playoffs even if you put Melo or Kevin Love on that team for 2014.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

DeimosRising posted:

Super unlikely the Magic take a big unless they're 100% he's a star, they've got a frontcourt logjam and badly need shooting and ball handling. It'll be Exum or Smart for them.

The magic need just about everything dude.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

WhyteRyce posted:

Nope

@SHowardCooper

Trade it for another power forward. Any power forward. All the power forwards. :unsmigghh:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Best case for the Magic would have been Wiggins.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

old dog child posted:

I was day dreaming so much about a top 3 pick that now I'm lost and confused about what the Lakers will do with a 7th. Though I agree with you; I think trading down would be better for the team since we owe so many picks. I can't even really picture how next season is going to look. I suspect it's depressing.

Yeah I have no clue how next season is going to go but I'd be lying if I said I was optimistic. I know Kupchak has said they scouted as if they could end up picking as low as 15, so I'm sure there's a lot of people they're interested in. But yeah, they need so many pieces right now that moving down might be the best way to more holes.

I think the Lakers want a big because otherwise Robert Sacre is starting so I think at 7 the possibly-available dudes are Vonleh and Gordon.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Floor for Okafor

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Cole posted:

The magic need just about everything dude.

Well yeah, but Vucavic is pretty quality starter who's still developing.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I just want the magic to get a marquee player on the roster to drive more interest to the team. I hate watching them and can't get excited. It doesn't help that the roster reads like it belongs in the NHL.

bearic
Apr 14, 2004

Jota posted:

Floor for Okafor
Downs for Towns
Pray for Oubre

I don't know how to pronounce Mudiay's name, but there's potential there.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

vegaji posted:

Please move the Cavs/Kings to KC/Seattle. Or purge the front offices or something. The Kings wouldn't make the playoffs even if you put Melo or Kevin Love on that team for 2014.

I hope it just means that the #8 pick is available for the right package otherwise gently caress off the team will see what's left when they draft...otherwise bleh

birds
Jun 28, 2008

go cavs y'all

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I really hope the Bucks can pair Wiggins with Giannis. Please take Embiid Cavs.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I just realized that if the NFL Draft had been at a normal time I'd probably be jumping up and down excited like I was last year.

Instead I'm 'well, that's really cool' because I'm still burned out on loving draft anything.

gently caress you Goddell.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Worthy of a read for the player comparisons.

http://hoopshype.com/draft.htm

IanTheM
May 22, 2007
He came from across the Atlantic. . .
I think Wiggins will go 1st. Embiid might end up being the better player in the end, but I think you can just stick Wiggins on the floor for Cleveland right now and their team is fine and on its way to the playoffs. He needs to develop too, but it's less of a stretch. Plus Kyrie's resigning is soon so might as well give him more reason to stay.

It's gonna suck if Embiid spends the next half decade stuck in Milwaukee though. If his back is ok, then lets pray they give all their efforts into developing him and letting him become a good post-player. In Cleveland he wouldn't be able to develop as he should. Is Larry Drew any good as a coach?

e: The saddest thing about lovely teams getting high picks is knowing they won't develop them as well as the Lakers or Celtics could.

IanTheM fucked around with this message at 02:31 on May 21, 2014

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Wiggins will go #1 from Cleveland's commitment to drafting Canadians.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Rick posted:

Worthy of a read for the player comparisons.

http://hoopshype.com/draft.htm

Really want Smart now

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Hi the Pistons are terrible and I knew their 80% chance would result in a lost pick but good job playing a seven man rotation trying to win games at the end of the year and loving up your draft pick.

edit: Playing Kyle Singler 40 minutes a game trying to win and not developing Tony Mitchell or KCP at all got us here so I think it was nice of them to send him.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Randle to David Lee is a solid cross-race comparison, so props to them for that. That beats my ridiculous Nik Stauskas to Steph Curry one from earlier.

e: aahhhhhh they compared Kyle Anderson to Derrick Rose. Do they mean Derrick Rose right now?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ugh I am genuinely not happy that this happened and its all because the stupid Pistons ran a short rotation and tried desperately for an eight seed to get swept in the first round and :smith:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

rabidsquid posted:

Ugh I am genuinely not happy that this happened and its all because the stupid Pistons ran a short rotation and tried desperately for an eight seed to get swept in the first round and :smith:

Yeah man the Pistons lose their pick and the Cavs get the #1 overall again. This was the worst lottery ever.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MourningView posted:

Randle to David Lee is a solid cross-race comparison, so props to them for that.

Lee, David 6'7¾" 6'9" 229½ 7'0" 8'10½"

Whoa. It's eerie.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Spoeank posted:

Manziel for all the right reasons.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
Dahntay ‏@dahntay1 2h

I guess all the tanking was for nothing

https://twitter.com/dahntay1/status/468910949836292096

Seems like it, gently caress Cleveland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

kiimo posted:

Lee, David 6'7¾" 6'9" 229½ 7'0" 8'10½"

Whoa. It's eerie.

They have similar games too! I guess Randle is probably stronger in the post and Lee a little more skilled on the perimeter, but it's not bad as far as these things go. I like it.

• Locked thread