Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

nickhimself posted:

So, thank you to everyone who gave me feedback on my Retcon post. I've taken part of Stash's idea but removed the retcon from the equation entirely. I've re-ordered my argument. I've culled a lot of fat and personal testimony.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/dis...king-a-purchase

If any of you wouldn't mind reading the thread and either calling me a stupid idiot or agreeing with my suggestions I'd appreciate it greatly. I'm hoping enough people chime in to make the developers see that the way their game is currently gating hero exploration is something that really needs to be looked at.

I did not read... Sry.... U can get a retcon as a mission reward.. just saying... Cause I saw you list prices n flowers from eternity splinters and wutnot.. so Ya... Retcons r free.. I believe u get 1 per hero.. I got like 8 in stash wasting away... So u can lvl ur hero from 1-60 however u want and retcon it at 60 for optimal efficiency or build diversity... Ofc if u want to try different builds than find extras, buy extras, or use extras from other heroes mission reward.. but the entire principle is for u to think about how u build a hero before u actually do it.. maybe I am wrong ... Maybe I right... Only the devs know if my thoufht process is in line with theirs

edit: That's c/p from the forums before any of you get upset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Yeah, shame I can't reply to him with: Sorry, I didn't read your response but I appreciate you agreeing with what I said!

Kuai
May 25, 2004
Is the reroll cosmic worth 100 cube shards? Does it work on rings?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

No and therefore no.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Yeah I am pretty sure Colossus owns-MYAYE METULL SKEEN IS BUCKYELING

"STEEHL" not "METULL" you goddamn scrub. :colbert:

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Mutha fucka must be pepperoni vaped out of his mind

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
My bitcoin wife had me distracted.

Any gameplay videos of new Wolverine?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So what's the fastest way to level to 60? Legendary quests? Or should I just do Midtown/X-defense/ect. over and over?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Hellioning posted:

As someone who has always wanted to be a wall in a video game, this sounds right up my alley. Thanks!

Did somebody say, brick wall?

One day i WILL find a dang streamsword :argh:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

RatHat posted:

So what's the fastest way to level to 60? Legendary quests? Or should I just do Midtown/X-defense/ect. over and over?

MM now or X def usually to 20 then LQs for me.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Here is the latest on the Waifu Challenge. travelbywar and I are doing blessings in the challenge too. I believe to encourage participation, I would like to do 3 winners, one blessing each to RANDOM participants in the challenge. Please keep that in mind. Sign ups END on Friday when Waifu graces us with her presence. Rules and entrant lists with fees are listed below:

**************************RED PURPLE WAIFU CHALLENGE****************************

Goons, I am so excite for my wife, Waifu (better known as Besty Braddock aka Psylocke), to enter Avengers Tower and show out. In order to celebrate, I offer the First Annual and Only Annual RED WAIFU CHALLENGE. SUPER KAWAII ^^ Oh yeah, and I'm not participating, I want you all to win instead.

What is it?

Your mission is simple: Be in the TOP 3 to reach PURPLE 60 with Psylocke. There are prizes for being Top 3.

When does this start?

When she is released.

Prizes?

Yes, so here is how this works. To enter the competition, you gotta pony up. It's gotta be awesome too. To enter, you can use a Pym's Shrinking Serum, a HIGH LEVEL RARE Rune, or a HIGH LEVEL RARE Artifact. None of this common poo poo, this is a competition and many of us don't care about your Advanced Starstone Tooth. I give those to Jarvis to polish for my dungeon.

How do I obtain these prizes and how do I get to choose what I want?

Easy. I will hold all the entry items until we have a TOP 3. When we have 3 winners, I will let First Place get their pick of the first round of items. What I mean is this: If there are 30 entrants, that's 30 prizes. First Place will get the FIRST selection of 10 items. Second Place gets their pick of 10 items after that. Third Place gets the remaining items. With the fact that I want all these to be GREAT items, we should all feel like winners. Except for 4th place. Sorry you blew it.

When I can get on with this because I love Waifu Psylocke and I want her to be my waifu too.

PSYLOCKE HITS TEST CENTER ON TUESDAY. That means we are right around the corner. I will start taking submissions on MONDAY, May 19th (a special day for Kane, of course). You can find me in game (ICR) and I will log everything that is submitted. I will post everybody who is participating on this post as an edit OR will simply create a brief second post with all entrants and their submissions.

How do I win?

Easy. Screenshot it and ALSO do a /time stamp on it too. Do NOT even think about editing your post or I'll disqualify you because this needs to be legit. And I need to know that you're competent about following rules. I love you all but this needs to be fair and done right. I follow this thread religiously so I'll be looking for the winners and playing a lot of course because I am a robot.

Deadline?

There is a SOFT deadline of Friday, May 23rd. That's when I want to throw up the list of all entrants and their entry submissions. If you get intrigued and want to submit yourself to the Purple 60, you can submit your item after her release, that's fine. If you think you're a big time leveler and can beat people who start before you, by all means, get in this. As for a HARD deadline, there isn't one. You just contact me, submit your item and I'll hold it like I am for any other entrant.

Anything else?

I'm not in the running for this because I will beat you all. It's that simple. However, I will throw in my entry for the winner. A Tyr Rune. I will log it down now and vow that the winner gets a Tyr as my entry. I want this to be a ton of fun and something different for us. I gave this a lot of thought and hope to get a lot of entrants. If we can even get 30 entrants, that will be a huge success in my eyes. If you enter, please give a great item. I will reject anything I believe is crap. PSS is NEVER crap as going small is godly, so maybe we will get 30 PSS? Awesome.

Any questions?

I will add anything else that is missing to this post. I hope many of you partake in this and let's make this a blast. I'm thinking Psylocke will go live on MAY 23RD so this gives you some time to consider if you want to submit. Good luck and show me your moves.

ENTRANTS

1) ICR - Tyr Rune (Not participating, but donating Tyr)
2) Ajjax - Odin Rune
3) iod - Serpent Rune
4) Frukthero - Pym's Shrinking Serum, Elite Item (67 Spirit, 4.7% Move Speed, +293 Dodge Rating, +1,207 Health), Saturn Rune, Frigga Rune, Ymir Rune, Sun Rune, Loki Rune, Moon Rune, Sif Rune
5) Buttes - Black Tom's Shillelagh (+524 Energy Attacks)
6) DifferoBega - Loki Rune, Serpent Rune, Pym's Shrinking Serum (5.2% Move, +348 Dodge, +941 Health)
7) GrandPiano - Ymir Rune, Brutal Balloon Bonanza Artifact
8) Lozareth - Pym's Shrinking Serum
9) travelbywar - Saturn Rune, 2 Serpent Runes, 2 Pym's Shrinking Serums
10) soothingvapors - Serpent Rune, Sif Rune

This means Top 3 so far get 8 items of their choice for winning the challenge. Do you want a Black Tom's? Maybe you want all the PSS? This is a great way to make your inventory a little wealthier. Get on with it playboys/playgirls.

ICR fucked around with this message at 15:14 on May 21, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

All screenshots must be taken in the default costume.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
To bad she will be a terrible garbage character not worth playing.
:rolleyes:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Ahundredbux posted:

Why would we play her? It's role play time in the Avengers Tower.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Ahundredbux posted:

...I have to imagine that if Cyclops(As a for-instance) were released today, despite how relatively effective he is, the thread would say he was a 'terrible garbage character not worth playing'.

It bothers me, I guess. Though I could be seeing something where there's nothing.

What data do we have that says she's terrible?

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 16:15 on May 21, 2014

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Bloodly posted:

It was probably a joke. I spent a little time on test and wolverine and psylocke both look really strong. psylocke has probably at least 3 solid builds and wolverine probably has 2 solid builds.

Some highlights for wolverine since he is fully clothed:

Signature is activatible for a big damage lunge 8 times over 10 seconds. after the last activation it has a 15 second cooldown. very strong.

My favorite build is probably going to be the bleed build. He has 3 skills that apply bleeds and the 5 second cooldown finisher eviscerate, which consumes bleeds and deals 25% bonus damage for every bleed effect consumed. every one, not just his 3. It was crittng for 250k with just the dps test medallion equipped consuming 3 bleeds. This build is gonna be cool.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Bloodly posted:

From the feedback thread, it seems to be bugs (like stealth being broken but boosting some of her powers, and sometimes powers doing 0 damage), powers not doing enough damage to justify the secondary resource cost, how effective her passives are, and how her skill trees don't really synergize with each other.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Bloodly posted:

...I have to imagine that if Cyclops(As a for-instance) were released today, despite how relatively effective he is, the thread would say he was a 'terrible garbage character not worth playing'.

It bothers me, I guess. Though I could be seeing something where there's nothing.

Click here to find out.

Also, Cyclops is a genuinely badly-designed hero, no matter how effective his bouncing basic is.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I didn't play with her much but the impression I got is that she's good and powerful but badly designed. Who knows what she'll release like, though.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

StashAugustine posted:

I didn't play with her much but the impression I got is that she's good and powerful but badly designed. Who knows what she'll release like, though.

Probably good and powerful but badly designed since the TC is in reality more like a preview center than a testing one.

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

HUMAN FISH posted:

I did not read... Sry.... U can get a retcon as a mission reward.. just saying... Cause I saw you list prices n flowers from eternity splinters and wutnot.. so Ya... Retcons r free.. I believe u get 1 per hero.. I got like 8 in stash wasting away... So u can lvl ur hero from 1-60 however u want and retcon it at 60 for optimal efficiency or build diversity... Ofc if u want to try different builds than find extras, buy extras, or use extras from other heroes mission reward.. but the entire principle is for u to think about how u build a hero before u actually do it.. maybe I am wrong ... Maybe I right... Only the devs know if my thoufht process is in line with theirs

edit: That's c/p from the forums before any of you get upset.

That thread is infuriating. "I HAVE 60 OF THESE WE DON'T NEED MORE" is such a common attitude which ignores the fact that 1) some players didn't play when they did drop and so don't have 60 2) you have 60 for the foreseeable future which means eventually you will need more. The system they had was actually really good (with the drop rate), respecs cost an actual tangible thing but it wasn't the kind of thing you really worried about much, you just couldn't get super crazy with it. Give us somewhere to test builds... a fake training terminal or something and restore drops back to what they were and I think it's all fine.

To be honest, they really need to revert SIF drops back to how they were, it's not runes or special drops that are pushing them off, this has been a problem for a while (the week after the new Captain America movie was released was the first week both my friend an I noticed not getting a single molecule/retcon/card). This is really the most frustratingly bad thing that's happened to the game in a while for a few reasons (respecs are now relatively more expensive, important recipes inaccessible except with money/shards, the unbridled joy of getting a fortune card drop for whatever reason). What's perhaps more frustrating is that I get the feeling it wasn't even a purposeful change, though their mysterious silence doesn't help.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Yeah there's an incredible amount of "gently caress you, got mine". If you have 100 something retcon and don't want anymore in your stash, -don't pick them up-. They don't automatically generate themselves in your inventory. There are times where my inventory is full of loot and I don't have space for more, so rather than loot drops turning off server-wide, I manage my goddamn inventory.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Is the best way to get an odin rune to hit up x-defense on a wednesday with a 60 and crank your SIF through the roof? Trying to gear up a character for the first time (moon knight) and I'm one rune off all kinds of enchants. I've been slacking on LQs so I don't have any trade bait. Got a gungnir and now have enough for 3 out of 4 blessings.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

bagrada posted:

Is the best way to get an odin rune to hit up x-defense on a wednesday with a 60 and crank your SIF through the roof? Trying to gear up a character for the first time (moon knight) and I'm one rune off all kinds of enchants. I've been slacking on LQs so I don't have any trade bait. Got a gungnir and now have enough for 3 out of 4 blessings.

You don't farm rare runes. It doesn't work. Even with the daily boost. You are more likely to get one by farming something tradable and trading for it.

That said, Odin runes aren't used for anything good anyway, so there's no reason to want one.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Toshimo posted:

You don't farm rare runes. It doesn't work. Even with the daily boost. You are more likely to get one by farming something tradable and trading for it.

That said, Odin runes aren't used for anything good anyway, so there's no reason to want one.

Fair enough. I was going for all-father's fury. I guess I can swipe a spear rune from a friend to use bonebreaker until I get my enchanter high enough for viking gladiator.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
The new allfather runeword is pretty good and requires an Odin. And yeah, the method you described is probably your best chance at farming it. It in no way guarantees it, but you're statistically more likely to get it than any other day.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Allfather's fury is actually really good. You're trading some defense from Viking Gladiator for crit. They're essentially equal, it's just a matter of which you'd prefer.

Also fwiw I think you could get an Odin easier than a Thor, even though they're the same tier.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

I'm surprised they don't let you combine runes to make higher-ranked runes like in Diablo 2.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Bloodly posted:

I played around with her for a couple of hours last night/this morning and here's what I think.

Ranged/area build is kinda weak and boring - ping with a psi power for the DR boost, drop dot, implode and spam Psycho Blast. Throw some butterflies around and repeat. Does less damage than Mrs. Invisible with similar gear, while simultaneously being even squishier (like 9k hp, 7.5k defense).
Should be ok after a damage pass, especially the ranged psi powers are complete garbage at the moment. Very one note, it's like playing Jean Grey.

Tried a full mental melee build (with Psionic Assault and Vortex) too, which seemed powerful but has about a 0,07% chance of working against a moving, attacking enemy.

Physical melee seems great. Stealth roll away for the 50% damage bonus, Assassinate back. Punch things. Psi-Strike seems crazy good. Might be a bit clunky for actual gameplay? Didn't play around with it too much.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Zombie Samurai posted:

I'm surprised they don't let you combine runes to make higher-ranked runes like in Diablo 2.

sorry but we shattered the cosmic cube

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Spudsly posted:

That thread is infuriating. "I HAVE 60 OF THESE WE DON'T NEED MORE" is such a common attitude which ignores the fact that 1) some players didn't play when they did drop and so don't have 60 2) you have 60 for the foreseeable future which means eventually you will need more. The system they had was actually really good (with the drop rate), respecs cost an actual tangible thing but it wasn't the kind of thing you really worried about much, you just couldn't get super crazy with it. Give us somewhere to test builds... a fake training terminal or something and restore drops back to what they were and I think it's all fine.

Not to mention the fact that they have 60 because they never use them, likely because they are viewed as non-renewable resource and they just grab the "best" builds off the forum, exactly the problem NickHimself is trying to fix! Go reasoning!

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Yeah there's an incredible amount of "gently caress you, got mine". If you have 100 something retcon and don't want anymore in your stash, -don't pick them up-. They don't automatically generate themselves in your inventory. There are times where my inventory is full of loot and I don't have space for more, so rather than loot drops turning off server-wide, I manage my goddamn inventory.

No kidding! I've ~only~ got around thirty, but that's because I hoard poo poo like that and rely on the rare freespec to get me out of a lovely build. There's probably three stacks of purple shots in my inventory, and even some boons I haven't blown through, but when push comes to shove with my inventory and I get back to half-assedly farming, I'll line those fuckers up like soldiers and knock 'em back all at once.

Stickman posted:

Not to mention the fact that they have 60 because they never use them, likely because they are viewed as non-renewable resource and they just grab the "best" builds off the forum, exactly the problem NickHimself is trying to fix! Go reasoning!

Exactly where I am. My first character was pre-review Black Widow, I set her up really inefficiently, and I don't want to go through that again, so I go to the builds people list here. The guaranteed respec potion is nice, but it feels more like a 'get out of fuckup free' card than an opportunity to screw around with builds without having to go to the test centre.

Bieeanshee fucked around with this message at 17:47 on May 21, 2014

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

HUMAN FISH posted:

Ranged/area build is kinda weak and boring - ping with a psi power for the DR boost, drop dot, implode and spam Psycho Blast. Throw some butterflies around and repeat. Does less damage than Mrs. Invisible with similar gear, while simultaneously being even squishier (like 9k hp, 7.5k defense).
Should be ok after a damage pass, especially the ranged psi powers are complete garbage at the moment. Very one note, it's like playing Jean Grey.

Yes, the base damage values on those ranged abilities are atrocious. Even if they do a damage pass, I agree that it's a very boring playstyle due to the design of the skills. It's like a bad Emma.

HUMAN FISH posted:

Tried a full mental melee build (with Psionic Assault and Vortex) too, which seemed powerful but has about a 0,07% chance of working against a moving, attacking enemy.

The DPS was kind of low on this build compared to good single-target damage heroes but a large part of that might be due to the difficulty of hitting things, as you say.

HUMAN FISH posted:

Physical melee seems great. Stealth roll away for the 50% damage bonus, Assassinate back. Punch things. Psi-Strike seems crazy good. Might be a bit clunky for actual gameplay? Didn't play around with it too much.

The physical ninja stuff seemed the most viable for the current test server build but it did feel super clunky and the total DPS seemed very low, it just has somewhat big numbers when you hit with Assassinate and stuff. Overall I agree with your assessment 100%. I hope she gets some decent tuning in the next couple of days.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
She is garbage. If you're thinking of playing her in the contest, just forfeit tbh.

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

Woo, just got my Mac beta invite. Gonna test it when I get home from work. Hopefully it runs decently, my desktop is starting to become aged.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

ICR I don't want to compete and I don't have much that isn't already offered as a prize, but I'll throw in some more stuff:

Costume of your choice purchased for you, Magneto t-shirt (in game artifact, not an xxxxl tarp for your massive body), Estate rune.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I mean with the massive hype and taskers comments and everything I was expecting the second coming of Jesus.
The TC is like usual at least a few builds behind anyway, so we'll see.

The visuals look great, I'll give her that. But I might pass for now and buy Loki or something instead, since the ranged stuff seems boring and unfixable without completely revamping the skills and I don't like melee dudes that much.

The movement powers are weird as gently caress too. Fast? Yeah, but you move like an inch at a time. (Except for Psionic Projection which moves you too far :v: )

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

ICR I don't want to compete and I don't have much that isn't already offered as a prize, but I'll throw in some more stuff:

Costume of your choice purchased for you, Magneto t-shirt (in game artifact, not an xxxxl tarp for your massive body), Estate rune.

Gibby you are a beast. Next time you see this guy in game or if you are steam friends with him, please gift him something. The dude showers the goons with stuff all the time.

Same goes for Ansob too. Super nice guy, and is contributing two very cool games to the next contest after Purple Waifu challenge. I'll tell more about that once this one is complete.

Can't wait to get this going!

Invader Zym
Sep 19, 2002
I'm thinking of getting a ranged character with my next 400 shards. How possible/interesting/playable are ranged only builds with the following?:

Moon Knight
Black Panther
Gambit

Alternatively, I might get Punisher since I have almost all his uniques - how bad is he now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Only Gambit is really viable there.

• Locked thread