Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Brain status: broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Rhyno posted:

Do 1994 and 1996 Civic body panels swap over? A friend found a dude parting out a '96 on CL and it has everything I'd need.

Nope. About the only thing that's an easy swap is the transmission, and only if it's a manual. Suspension components might swap. Bodies and interiors are completely different, engines are just different enough to make wiring interesting (96 engine will go into a 94 easily, but a 94 won't really go into a 96 - lacks IAT and knock sensors that the 96 ECU expects).

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 06:05 on May 20, 2014

Rawrl
Mar 30, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Do 1994 and 1996 Civic body panels swap over? A friend found a dude parting out a '96 on CL and it has everything I'd need.

No, they're from different generations. Yours is an EG Civic, so you're looking for 92-95. Dunno about any year-specific differences, I was more into the 4th gen (EF) models.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I am disappointed by my cheap Honda now.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Best car commercial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sZuN0xXWLc

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Woke up really late today.

Saw a voicemail waiting on my phone. It was from my doctor's office, basically saying "uh, you need to call us back ASAP, it's very important".

I'm gonna guess they got the results back from my blood work. :ohdear:

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

fordy-no-bame police -wuitedby to todue designed, Cord Frown ticVoria ,new for MC Escher its The. sellconstruction is

...by which I mean, you done broke me. :stonklol:

Friar Zucchini fucked around with this message at 06:22 on May 20, 2014

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

I need an adult!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Well poo poo, I guess I found the acid I hid several years ago...

PUT ON YOUR SEATBELTS KIDS, THIS IS GONNA BE A LONG, hosed UP RIDE

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

IOwnCalculus posted:

Since when did Shine a) mod AI and b) drive a Ranger? :v:

Yes, the 4cyl is painfully slow. The 3cyl Ecoboost in the Fiesta is less than half the displacement, probably half the total size, and still makes more power. But it will probably run forever.

The 4.0 V6 is the one you want, the 3.0 adds enough weight and so little power that it is mostly a 4cyl with worse mileage. I do see about 23MPG out of mine and it hasn't seen a new set of plugs and wires in who knows how long.

If you do get one, pray that the PO wasn't a fucktard when doing the water pump and slapping RTV on o-ring fittings where it doesn't belong.

Good to know, I was thinking of selling my IRL before absolutely nobody wants a Delta thanks to the recalls, but apparently I'd only be able to get around $3500 for it up here, which means it's gone down by $1500 in the last two months. I'd rather keep it and tear the engine/trans out to put on a sand rail and melt the body panels in the shape of a penis outside of the Renaissance Building.

My fiancée wants me to get a truck and I prefer utes, but sadly a good Ranger would cost too much and the only utes I can get here are either $3000 non-running POS El Caminos or $25,000 mulletmobile El Caminos.

:sigh:

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Tusen Takk posted:

Good to know, I was thinking of selling my IRL before absolutely nobody wants a Delta thanks to the recalls, but apparently I'd only be able to get around $3500 for it up here, which means it's gone down by $1500 in the last two months. I'd rather keep it and tear the engine/trans out to put on a sand rail and melt the body panels in the shape of a penis outside of the Renaissance Building.

My fiancée wants me to get a truck and I prefer utes, but sadly a good Ranger would cost too much and the only utes I can get here are either $3000 non-running POS El Caminos or $25,000 mulletmobile El Caminos.

:sigh:

You can find a decent Ranger for $3500, easily.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Ozmiander posted:

You can find a decent Ranger for $3500, easily.

That depends on where he is. If he's in the cancer belt otherwise cheap beaters suddenly demand a premium.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I saw what looked like a stock Plymouth laser on the highway today. It was driven by a middle aged looking guy so I'm hoping it doesn't get riced out.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Man I love fiber. Using a brand new $9k fusion splicer instead of hand polishing. All the connectors come pig tailed. So. Much. Quicker.

Edit: Drive your IRL to New England and sell it to me.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Great Beer posted:

That depends on where he is. If he's in the cancer belt otherwise cheap beaters suddenly demand a premium.

I do, and I can find them in half the front yards in my town.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A fellow BSS regular tracked me down on Facebook to ask if I was ever coming back to visit NYC. It seems there is a very vocal other BSS poster that he loving hates and would like to see get his rear end kicked and he figured since I've traded barbs with him in the past I'm right for the job.

Why can't BSS get along like AI does?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

A fellow BSS regular tracked me down on Facebook to ask if I was ever coming back to visit NYC. It seems there is a very vocal other BSS poster that he loving hates and would like to see get his rear end kicked and he figured since I've traded barbs with him in the past I'm right for the job.

Why can't BSS get along like AI does?

Nerd real-life stalks another nerd to ask for help kicking some guy's rear end because said guy has differing opinions about comic books. Said activity would require nerd #2 to drive across 4 states.

You can't write that stuff. No offense intended with the nerd classification, Rhyno.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Having met tons of AI posters in person, I can confidently state that I would neither fight nor employ another AI poster to fight any of them.

How is the comic book forum always the alpha-male gently caress contest subforum on SA? Maybe I don't spend enough time on the rest of the forums, but it seems like the comics one is the only one with always some variation of this conversation:

"uhh I really love Bendis"
"Bendis is a hack"
"I'm going to hit you in the face with a tire iron repeatedly until the cobblestones run red with your heathen blood."

I guess Trad Games used to be pretty bad too.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 17:23 on May 20, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

Nerd real-life stalks another nerd to ask for help kicking some guy's rear end because said guy has differing opinions about comic books. Said activity would require nerd #2 to drive across 4 states.

You can't write that stuff. No offense intended with the nerd classification, Rhyno.

Eh, I'm good with being a nerd. Thinking back, this BSS Goon really wanted me to go hang out at a IRL goon party when we visited. He's probably wanted this for a long time. And last I knew, these two guys were publicly friends.

All that said, the goon he wanted me to beat down? If we lived in the same town I bet wed have come to blows a long time ago. But I'm not that guy anymore so it doesn't really matter.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Holy poo poo, I got another parking warning yesterday. Same situation.

I parked around 8PM, and got on the train that arrives at 8:19. Got to my car at 4:40 the day after. Another warning on my car.

I admittedly suck at math, but last I checked, that means I was only parked there for ~21 hours. Again, it's free for 24 hours. Fuckin' parking enforcement.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Having met tons of AI posters in person, I can confidently state that I would neither fight nor employ another AI poster to fight any of them.

Is that because we're all big softies or because we're walking kill machines?

I'm voting softies.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

Tha Chodesweller posted:

Holy poo poo, I got another parking warning yesterday. Same situation.

I parked around 8PM, and got on the train that arrives at 8:19. Got to my car at 4:40 the day after. Another warning on my car.

I admittedly suck at math, but last I checked, that means I was only parked there for ~21 hours. Again, it's free for 24 hours. Fuckin' parking enforcement.

I got a parking ticket for parking in front of my own goddamn house a month or so ago. Turns out that if the parking ticket isn't signed by the recipient of the ticket, they will throw it out in court. Granted, I had to take time out of my day to go to traffic court to save $35, but I found out that parking tickets in Cobb County pretty much can't be enforced. Gotta love stickin' it to The Man.

I still can't believe that some cop was bored enough to go down my street ticketing everyone parked on the curb. I'll fully admit that I was *technically* parked illegally, since there are "No Parking" signs placed sporadically on sign posts, but nobody abides by the signs. There are at least a dozen cars parked on the curb at any given time. It's not like I was parked there for a week or something either. My wife's dad and his wife were in town for the night and I didn't want them to have to park on the street, but I didn't want to block anyone in either.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Slung Blade posted:

I'm voting softies.

I'm a double threat--soft around the middle and soft in the head.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I pose no danger unless you happen to be cleverly disguised as a junkyard car... or have given me a really, really, really good reason to hurt you.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

kastein posted:

I pose no danger unless you happen to be cleverly disguised as a junkyard car... or have given me a really, really, really good reason to hurt you.

So anyone who previously owned or maintained your house?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

bandman posted:

I got a parking ticket for parking in front of my own goddamn house a month or so ago. Turns out that if the parking ticket isn't signed by the recipient of the ticket, they will throw it out in court.

How is this supposed to work? Is the cop supposed to notice that you are illegally parked, then track you down as the owner of the vehicle and force you to sign the parking ticket in order to make it valid?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

How is this supposed to work? Is the cop supposed to notice that you are illegally parked, then track you down as the owner of the vehicle and force you to sign the parking ticket in order to make it valid?

More like cop writes a dozen frivolous parking tickets banking on most of the people not giving a gently caress and just paying the small fine instead of wasting a day fighting it.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

meatpimp posted:

Dude we all post on (what was formerly) an internet comedy forum, being a huge loving nerd is a prerequisite for that. (I know I am)

Clearly you've never met me. :v:

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

How is the comic book forum always the alpha-male gently caress contest subforum on SA? Maybe I don't spend enough time on the rest of the forums, but it seems like the comics one is the only one with always some variation of this conversation:

"uhh I really love Bendis"
"Bendis is a hack"
"I'm going to hit you in the face with a tire iron repeatedly until the cobblestones run red with your heathen blood."

I guess Trad Games used to be pretty bad too.

You mean the forums full of tales of musclebound cartoon superheroes and roleplaying alternate realities full of heroes and magic tend to be frequented by posters with power fantasies? Incomprehensible!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Slung Blade posted:

I'm voting softies.

Voting killing machines if it's Australian AI. We're either insanely fit or that brand of "nice" person who can snap and destroy anything with an axe. Or usually, both.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

MrChips posted:

Dude we all post on (what was formerly) an internet comedy forum, being a huge loving nerd is a prerequisite for that. (I know I am)

"Formerly" :laugh: I'm waiting until one of the subforums shows up on the Weekend Web.

And yeah, I use nerd not as a pejorative and certainly include myself in the classification.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I've never been in many fights by virtue of being one of those people everybody seems to get along with, though for the life of me I haven't figured out why. Having some anger problems and incredibly low patience for bullshit generally makes anybody else think twice about trying, but my bark is much, much worse than my bite. I'm a big softy at heart.

Also nerdy, oh yes.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
on a completely different note...

someone just posted this on another forum I'm on.

I normally don't broach this subject... but a machine operator somewhere has been slacking.

but it appears someone's got some splinin' to do :haw:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Snowdens Secret posted:

You mean the forums full of tales of musclebound cartoon superheroes and roleplaying alternate realities full of heroes and magic tend to be frequented by posters with power fantasies? Incomprehensible!

I guess he figured I could get away with the rear end-whupping because I'm not a local. Maybe there's some money to be made in this?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Rhyno posted:

I guess he figured I could get away with the rear end-whupping because I'm not a local. Maybe there's some money to be made in this?

Only in BSS does a nerd become a mercenary.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

meatpimp posted:

Only in BSS does a nerd become a mercenary.

Just to confirm I checked the SA Mart rules

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

•No illegal items! This includes stolen goods, guns, drugs, pirated content, murder squads, and other obviously illegal poo poo.

So a goon hit squad for hire business is out

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

kastein posted:

on a completely different note...

someone just posted this on another forum I'm on.

I normally don't broach this subject... but a machine operator somewhere has been slacking.

but it appears someone's got some splinin' to do :haw:

that's a QA issue more than a machining issue

blk
Dec 19, 2009
gently caress, I'm mad at myself. Was parallel parking the Miata reverse uphill on my street in pitch dark tonight (its very narrow and a lot of people lose their mirrors and some have been hit by DDs) and someone came speeding way too fast in my direction, so I tried to speed it up and naturally rashed both wheels on that side. I don't know what it is about wheel rash - I don't notice it if I'm not looking for it but it bugs the gently caress out of me when I know its there, much more than any paint or body flaw.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Aaaahhhhhhhh my allergies can get hosed today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
Another chapter in goatse guy's hosed up life! :smith:

In the beginning of 2006, I met a guy. He was brilliant and we meshed together really well. We dated for a couple of years, and everything was golden for a while but he eventually took a downward slide. The caring man I knew was replaced by a sullen, moody one prone to fits of anger and jealous rage. It took me a while to break up with him because I was more afraid of the consequences of leaving than those of staying, but eventually I managed to leave him behind.

He seemed to calm down a lot after we broke up. We eventually got to the point where we could be on good terms again. We went out to dinner every couple of months and texted back and forth to check in on each other. The last time I saw him was in January, and the last time we texted was February or March.

No one has heard from him in a month. I only knew that something was amiss when I received two letters from the sheriff, one stating that he was going to be evicted and the other saying that his landlord was holding an estate sale of all of his property this week.

He was laid off from his job a year ago, and slowly withdrew from everything in life. He left town sometime between January and now, and left almost everything he owned behind. I have no idea where he might have gone, or how far he would have gotten in his beat-up Frontier.

I'm going to pick up some of his personal effects from the house and meet with his family this weekend, and it's tearing me apart inside. We broke up three years ago and it ended really badly, but I still care a lot about him and am concerned for his safety. I don't even know if he's still alive.

On the bright side, I also get to hang out with my e-bff this weekend. It's not all terrible. :unsmith:

• Locked thread