Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Golden Goat posted:

If the top left picture is normal Ken (considering it's right behind his portrait) then he still has two cards.

Shadows have different health bars than regular characters, that's Shadow Ken too.

S-Alpha posted:

That doesn't apply to any other character though, shadow mode or regular has the same amount of persona cards. There are a couple inferences you can make from him having so few cards though, he should have and interesting gimmick or two.

Edit: I see a Koromaru gauge too, by the looks of it.

Really? It's going to be interesting to see why that would be then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

If he has a Kuro Gauge, then maybe he has so few persona cards because he basically has 'two' personas? He calls in Kuro for assists, and he calls in Kala-Nemi for assists, and they're both operating off their own meter.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Golden Goat posted:

It's tiny but I see it too. I'm hoping for some sort of power rangers poo poo where Ken and Koro combine into some crazy robot form with their personas.

Fuuu-sion ha-arf. :)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If Ken has a Koromaru Install, I don't even know what I'm going to do. I'm basically obligated to main him at that point.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Orgia Carnaval posted:

Shadows have different health bars than regular characters, that's Shadow Ken too.

Really? It's going to be interesting to see why that would be then.

Ah sorry I should have noticed the health bars.

As to why, i figure it's to balance out the Koromaru gauge. Still wish though I could play as just Koro.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Solo Koro would be great, but this way of including him involves less hitbox tinkering.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

It also involves more Ken, which nobody wants.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

BottledBodhisvata posted:

A hoodie? Well I suppose it's better than angel wings. Shadow Ken looks like a real smuggo creep.

Someone pointed out that the hoodie is Ken's hoodie from P3 actually, haha.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

drat, that's some Maragidyne right there.

Edit: And an IK shot for the hell of it.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 16:25 on May 21, 2014

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

So I guess they just thought Ken's persona was terrible so Koro took his place?

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Arcsys did try to get a Dojima with Nanako "persona" for the first game, they're probably just using this concept with characters Atlus would actually approve this time around.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Golden Goat posted:

So I guess they just thought Ken's persona was terrible so Koro took his place?
Nah, if you look he has persona cards *and* a Koro meter. He probably has both.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Endorph posted:

Nah, if you look he has persona cards *and* a Koro meter. He probably has both.

If I had a creative guess, it's possible hitting Koromaru while Cerberus is out also costs Ken a Persona card.

Either way, he seems a bit like Carl from BB so far. I'm far more interested in what he has to offer than Rise, but considering he uses a spear I expect he's going to be really good, if his reach is anything like Mitsuru's.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Clear scans of both pages

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
I guess drinking all that milk finally paid off.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
How long after P3 does this take place? Is there a chance Ken has hit puberty and will have a super deep voice now? Because that would be hilarious.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Persona 4 takes place about a year after P3 ends, and Arena's plot begins about two months after P4's True End.

Arena 2 if I recall, begins immediately after the end of the first one. More of SEES arrive and more poo poo hits the fan with the arrival of SHO.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Excels posted:

Persona 4 takes place about a year after P3 ends, and Arena's plot begins about two months after P4's True End.

Arena 2 if I recall, begins immediately after the end of the first one. More of SEES arrive and more poo poo hits the fan with the arrival of SHO.

Maybe Philemon will get off his lazy rear end and actually help out the Persona users. Or the mysterious guy capable of mimicking people and creating fake/evil Personas isn't Nyarly and this has been a big tease.

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Maybe Philemon will get off his lazy rear end and actually help out the Persona users. Or the mysterious guy capable of mimicking people and creating fake/evil Personas isn't Nyarly and this has been a big tease.

You act as if Philemon did much to actually help in the games he was prominently in to begin with.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Philemon already fills a vital role in Persona 4.

He's the save point!

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Dehry posted:

Clear scans of both pages
Wow, Ken really grew up. I mean, that's true for all of the P3 cast, but there are still some elements from their P3 days in their Arena designs. Ken? Almost a completely different person. But most importantly, he's discovered pants.

That said, anyone who summons Koromaru to maul a punk to death for their IK is okay in my book. Even if they were previously an annoying little poo poo.

Suspicious Cook posted:

How long after P3 does this take place? Is there a chance Ken has hit puberty and will have a super deep voice now? Because that would be hilarious.
P3 is April 2009-March 2010. Arena and Ultimax take place in early May 2012. Ken's about 13 now, just a little over a month shy of his 14th birthday (June 24th). Then again, Ken's mentors through puberty were most likely...Junpei and Akihiko. Okay, probably more Junpei than Akihiko, but the image of both dealing with this is just about as hilarious as the thought of Ken with a voice as deep as say...Jouji Nakata.

AradoBalanga fucked around with this message at 01:10 on May 22, 2014

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

AradoBalanga posted:

P3 is April 2009-March 2010. Arena and Ultimax take place in early May 2012. Ken's about 13 now, just a little over a month shy of his 14th birthday (June 24th). Then again, Ken's mentors through puberty were most likely...Junpei and Akihiko. Okay, probably more Junpei than Akihiko, but the image of both dealing with this is just about as hilarious as the thought of Ken with a voice as deep as say...Jouji Nakata.

Norio Wakamoto for Ken. :unsmigghh:

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser
Original VA for Ken, Norio Wakamoto voices the dog, dog as DLC navigator.

E: And the DLC sales fund HnK2 :allears:

Mio Bison fucked around with this message at 05:42 on May 22, 2014

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Growth spurts are a real thing. There's an NBA player that went from 6'2 to 6'9 in under a year.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I find it amusing that the reason why Ken was a spear fighter in the first place was because he was short.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

And it's not like Ken immediately sprouted up to Akihiko's size, or anything. He looks a little shorter than Rise in those in-game shots, which puts him at about 5'0''. Which is pretty reasonable for a 13 year old Japanese boy. Honestly, he's probably still a little on the short side, at least by American standards of height.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

PunkBoy posted:

I find it amusing that the reason why Ken was a spear fighter in the first place was because he was short.

Yeah, the reason Ken picked up Spears in the first place was because the reach made up for being so young/small. Stick to what you know, I guess.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I just suddenly realized that Koromaru is wearing Ken's old hoodie.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
Does this mean we're calling Koromaru's meter the doge meter

.. I'm sorry

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Monathin posted:

Yeah, the reason Ken picked up Spears in the first place was because the reach made up for being so young/small. Stick to what you know, I guess.

The camera feed for Ken shows that he drinks milk constantly to the point of feeling sick because he's been waiting for this growth spurt.

Then he hurts himself with his practice broom :allears:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Ken looks kinda like Yukari (minus the hot pink outfit). He looks weirder to me then his Shadow self

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Endorph posted:

And it's not like Ken immediately sprouted up to Akihiko's size, or anything. He looks a little shorter than Rise in those in-game shots, which puts him at about 5'0''. Which is pretty reasonable for a 13 year old Japanese boy. Honestly, he's probably still a little on the short side, at least by American standards of height.

Yeah, I guess he looks taller to me than he actually is since he looks so lanky.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

The belt on the outside of his jacket makes the bottom of his jacket look like a skirt.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Golden Goat posted:

Ken looks kinda like Yukari (minus the hot pink outfit). He looks weirder to me then his Shadow self
Toriumi, Ken Amada, and Yukari herself. Why does everyone in P3 look like Yukari?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The only real similarity is in the hair, and even then it's styled differently. I'm not seeing it.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Butt Ghost posted:

Toriumi, Ken Amada, and Yukari herself. Why does everyone in P3 look like Yukari?

Toriumi and Yukari really do look alike. It isn't even a stretch to say that's probably what she'll look like in ten or twenty years.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Wait, Ken is thirteen in those images?

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Fangz posted:

Wait, Ken is thirteen in those images?

He should be 15 or 16 if he's a first year high school student at Gekkoukan High, which seems to be where the uniform is from.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

AG3 posted:

He should be 15 or 16 if he's a first year high school student at Gekkoukan High, which seems to be where the uniform is from.

Do first years even get to be on the disciplinary committee?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

He's not 15. The timeline doesn't make any sense that way.

He's probably going to an attached or associated junior high, which is why the uniform is similar.

• Locked thread