Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!

FishDad! FishDad! FishDad! Who even cares if he still beats us when we get there?! This time we can eat his fists and force him to love us!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
A bunch of people left the game after we ran off with Tudiya? Really?

Slaan, PM them. Inform them that their votes are needed for Plan Fishdad. The reckoning is nigh. :redhammer:

Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!

Imperialist Dog posted:

A bunch of people left the game after we ran off with Tudiya? Really?

Slaan, PM them. Inform them that their votes are needed for Plan Fishdad. The reckoning is nigh. :redhammer:

Yesss. I've waited for so long. Quiet but hungry. It's amazing to see team hunger snap it's jaws again after so long.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
1: Naomi can look after her while we're travelling to baitel.

2:k

We're just starting to come into our own as a monster slaying adventurer and you guys want us to go and spend the rest of our lives in a backwards poo poo-hole as some dumb old fish priest? gently caress that I vote Team Adventure

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
This is for team hunger (you crazy bastards):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc1gJrXos5U

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
1. D

2. K

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

1. D

2. J

I don't think Danal is intentionally leaving out that the guy he hucked a spear at is Shushem. I think he wouldn't be able to remember one guy who his Dad killed when he was five, and even if he did remember him he wouldn't just assume that this totally alive guy was him.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
C J

No fish-dad left unpurged. We have a cannibal king to strike down. The child needs some form of mother and good parenting.

Nolaterif
Jan 10, 2003

Switching from EK to DK.

I don't disapprove of adoption, but I want to see what happens first. If Ruth adapts well to our household, and Danal is ok with the idea, adoption is a great idea and makes a lot of sense. Definitely no on taking the kid to Baitel though.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

Diogines posted:

...maybe in the form of something that gives pleasant dreams. Something I don't know... musical, so that the remedy could be delivered in a beautiful manner?

Has our singing voice gotten any better?

E K

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Cornuto posted:

This is for team hunger (you crazy bastards):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc1gJrXos5U

:swoon:

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

Random thought about Fishdad:

He can regenerate from massive wounds. That's impressive. Even with that power, he had to adopt. So, something other than biology was keeping him from having kids.

I'm wondering if there's some kind of Highlander thing going on, where there's a group of people who get powers and can't (or really, really shouldn't) have kids. Maybe they're avatars?

This is kind of making me rethink Ishamal, too. Instead of a melachim, he could be some kind of empowered not-quite-mortal.
---

Also, re-reading the intro, Fishdad called Jalitha a 'sea witch' a few times. Did we ever ask what was up with that? It seems like an oddly specific accusation to throw at a woman from inland.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

falcon2424 posted:

Also, re-reading the intro, Fishdad called Jalitha a 'sea witch' a few times. Did we ever ask what was up with that? It seems like an oddly specific accusation to throw at a woman from inland.

I always thought it was due to her being washed ashore and believing in heresy according to the people of Athar.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Diogines posted:

...maybe in the form of something that gives pleasant dreams. Something I don't know... musical, so that the remedy could be delivered in a beautiful manner?

Snarls is beautiful. He is a great therapy dog.

On plan fish dad, I think team hunger needs to keep holding its cards close. Wait till Enkidel is actually a powerful force to be reckoned... And then the world shall know Enkidel's hunger can never be satiated.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Snarls is beautiful. He is a great therapy dog.

On plan fish dad, I think team hunger needs to keep holding its cards close. Wait till Enkidel is actually a powerful force to be reckoned... And then the world shall know Enkidel's hunger can never be satiated.

Yes our bottomless hunger...for glorifying El, king of the world!

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008
Plan Fishdad

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Question for diog. Ashael can walk now, have there been snuls rides yet?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Theglavwen posted:

Part of me really wishes there'd be a threadwide change of hear and this would become the runaway winner, just to see how Diog would write the update.

Suddenly it strikes you: gently caress all this poo poo. Poncy pious primadonnas and mincing 'Mighty' douchebags, you've been wasting all your time playing politics with a bunch of soup strainers. Without a word you turn on your heel and march out of this half-witted adoption hearing. With Naomi clutching your wailing brat in one hand, grabbing at your man-kilt with the other, you slaughter all your herd animals for the road, burn your house to the ground, and break Ephat's stupid flute, just for the hell of it.

As all Zepath watches in slack-jawed silence, you stride out of town, tall as gently caress, buff as gently caress, black as gently caress. You turn only once, just before you pass from sight, and take the last few strides backwards, both middle fingers high in the air. Knowing full well that only Tudiya and Ishamal will have the far-sight require to make it out, you mouth your final message.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck yooooooooooooooou.

I feel compelled to finish this.

....and you live hungrily ever after. The end. Or not.

After spuring a city which seems to have some sort of connection to the divine, what with the miracle cures, minotaur army trouncing blessings and dragon killing not-mesopotamian supermen, you walk away easily. They totally don't stop you. All of Ishamal's warnings about the damage you could so were totally bluffs! Yeap! Off you go, a plume of smoke rising up from your burning house behind you.

As Naomi sobs and Ishamal and Tudiya yell at each other about how they drove you to this, there is a storm cloud overhead....

BZZZZZZAP!

I seriously wish we could split the game into alternative universes but the strain would literally kill me. A HUNGER game after this is not out of the question. I suppose we could vote on it? I don't see this game ending any time soon though. I'd like to go back to Denziroh next but nothing is set in stone. HUNGER game could be fun.

Team Fishdad, seriously though, you better hide your thoughts or the Melachim might find out!

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I think the only solution to fish dad is to actually go on a campaign to kill Asherah. So I'll vote for that when the time comes.

Absum
May 28, 2013

I still think that if we hadn't interfered when Tudiya found our village but had gone to hide or find others to help we would have some cool blood magic by now.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Absum posted:

I still think that if we hadn't interfered when Tudiya found our village but had gone to hide or find others to help we would have some cool blood magic by now.

Plus that Naomi totally ruined our potential wizard powers by taking away our celibacy. flower.

Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!

Absum posted:

Tell me about it. Sigh..

But no matter. We've benefited from high society. It will make us even more powerful when our stomach truly rumbles and the rest of our combined mind can't deny it as it has so far.

Nolaterif
Jan 10, 2003

The next thread should totally be The Hunger Games: Eat all the things.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
Well we ate the flute right?

Voting to sneak into Bagar's room when he's asleep and play a tune using our farts.

Also nice confirmation that we're Enkidel's thoughts and the Melachim can read the thread.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Well we ate the flute right?

Voting to sneak into Bagar's room when he's asleep and play a tune using our farts.

Also nice confirmation that we're Enkidel's thoughts and the Melachim can read the thread.

Diog is a known liar and associates with strange Amazonian mammals. He is not to be trusted, much like Asherah.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

SerSpook posted:

How strong is Danal's presence, compared to when he left?
As you know, your ability to detect what you have come to call Presences is a poorly defined sense or senses you do not truly understand.

It is not a map, it is not a radar display, it does not match a HUD from any video game. It is not a compass. To try to put it into words, you feel a... pressure on your head, almost an intensity which seems to have some relation to distance and perhaps other things? Calming yourself to actively consider them lets you sort through them more carefully. Comparing Presences which are not orders of magnitude apart is difficult. Perhaps your sense(s?) cannot pick out the fine details?

The largest Presence is far, far, far to the Northeast. You know EXACTLY where it is. It outshines all others, greatly so.

The largest Presence in Zepath seems to be focused on El's temple. You can feel it a few hours beyond the city. Next comes Ishamal's which is strong but less. Next come Tudiya's, which is much less. Next comes Aaron's which is much less. Less than him are the other Mighty Men. After them... truth be told, after Aaron, it is tough to tell, the feeling is too weak.

You are NOT CONFIDENT you have ANY of these ranked right except for the one far to the northeast, let alone the ones at the.. lower end of the spectrum?

Next come your Mighty So-... no. Next comes Danal. You consider it, his Presence is stronger now. Then your Mighty Sons. Just after them, Paebel and the Melachim worshiper Balls, excluding Eleazer who has none. All of the rest of your Balls have a Presence, weaker still, you know roughly where they are in Zepath. Your slave Hidai also has none, nor do the other slaves one of your Balls brings along to serve you all.

Your charms have a very weak Presence.

Snarls has no Presence.

Indor's shop is full of many small ones and Indor and Puabi both seem to have... somehow odd ones? Presences beyond seem... muted somehow, somewhat, while in her shop, except for the one far to the northeast which was not diminished in the least.

I am repeating this. You are NOT CONFIDENT you have ANY of these ranked right except for the one far to the northeast, let alone the ones at the.. lower end of the spectrum.

From questioning Ishamal, he told you that considering Presences is not dangerous, but it may not always be wise to rely on the information, whatever that meant.

The fact you can know Zepath to be owned up to two and a half days out appears unrelated to Presences? You simply know it while there.

Cornuto posted:

Ask Tudiya if he sensed anything off about Bagar.
"His mind is ill."

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Melachim can read the thread.

That's all right.

Knowing everything still doesn't make them not-dumb.

Remember last time when those idiots started fighting in the 'dreamscape'

Yeah Jorah mask. I'm thinking at YOU. You're dumb.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Arkanomen posted:

Diog is a known liar and associates with strange Amazonian mammals. He is not to be trusted, much like Asherah.
I would never lie to you! In fact, I am so honest that I am the national truth telling champion five years running! I just uh... left my trophies in my car! Can you pay the bill for lunch real quick while I go get my wallet from the car?

Engine noises...

I'll be right back, just hitting the ATM quick!

I am the MOST reliable of narrators!

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

I wish we could just... save the game, right here. So I can opt for Team Fishdad, just to see how that plays out, and then savescum my way back to being a reasonable protagonist.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
I really love the narrative we've created, and I have to admit I'd be pretty disappointed if our character suddenly cut his dick off and murdered everything.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Cornuto posted:

I really love the narrative we've created, and I have to admit I'd be pretty disappointed if our character suddenly cut his dick off and murdered everything.

Soup strainer simulator: Don't even think this game gets fun or you might die.

Sorry dio

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Cornuto posted:

SAVE STATE CREATED.

==>CHOP DICK OFF FOR ASHERAH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NisCkxU544c

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Plan Fishdad is the most retarded thing since plan fishlaser. Enkidel will run out of ??? before he ever arrives in Athar. He will be fighting monsters non-stop because there's no way Snarls will come with on such a trip. It's been twenty years since he left, and never was Sushem's irreplaceable star pupil. Sushem has a different apprentice now which makes Enkidel unneeded and unwanted. Even if Athar's villagers don't mistake him for a gigantic monster and kill him on sight, he will never be accepted because he's too different. (For starters, Enkidel cuts his hair. That's a massive sin in Atharan culture).

Ignoring all other issues, there's still the problem that Enkidel is being watched by just about every Melachim. The moment he has his first taste of human flesh, he's in for a smiting. If you're serious about exploring the lifestyle of a cannibal, you're better off sneaking out of Zepath one night, abducting a few children and slaves from Ibleam, and founding a cannibal culture somewhere near the coast. This is only massively stupid instead of retarded because the Melachim will still smite Enkidel for this, but at least he won't die early halfway during the trip.

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897
It would be irresponsible not to consider what this new information means. Shuushem being alive raises a lot of new questions, but also opens up a lot of new options for our goals going forward. We have to consider what going back to Athar would be like, if only to discard it immediately for being INCREDIBLY STUPID. Considering the repercussions can still lead to some insight into the mysteries of the world, even if we would never do it. Never ever. Absolutely not.

PLEASE don't smite us Mr. Smattas.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Diogines posted:

"His mind is ill."

He's had a very traumatic life. Is there anything that can be done to help him recover?

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Zybourne Clock posted:

Plan Fishdad is the most retarded thing since plan fishlaser. Enkidel will run out of ??? before he ever arrives in Athar. He will be fighting monsters non-stop because there's no way Snarls will come with on such a trip. It's been twenty years since he left, and never was Sushem's irreplaceable star pupil. Sushem has a different apprentice now which makes Enkidel unneeded and unwanted. Even if Athar's villagers don't mistake him for a gigantic monster and kill him on sight, he will never be accepted because he's too different. (For starters, Enkidel cuts his hair. That's a massive sin in Atharan culture).

Ignoring all other issues, there's still the problem that Enkidel is being watched by just about every Melachim. The moment he has his first taste of human flesh, he's in for a smiting. If you're serious about exploring the lifestyle of a cannibal, you're better off sneaking out of Zepath one night, abducting a few children and slaves from Ibleam, and founding a cannibal culture somewhere near the coast. This is only massively stupid instead of retarded because the Melachim will still smite Enkidel for this, but at least he won't die early halfway during the trip.

Well that's a lot of baseless assumptions in one post.

First off. We seem to gain [PIE] by killing monsters. Remember a certain Roc that we killed and then felt a small power surge which we somehow stupidly decided not to take 10 seconds to enjoy?

Second of all we know about sneaking along the edge of the coast/forest where the monsters don't seem to hang around that much.

Third. You're just saying Snarls won't come along because you disagree with the plan.

Fourth. Enkindel might be unneeded as Shushem's apprentice but who's to say a giant beefcake full of [pie] is somehow unwanted as Ashera's greatest agent? Do you know?

Fifth. Even if we don't manage to convince the people of Athar to take us back then and they decide to kill us. How are they going to kill us? We're almost three meters tall. Multiple times stronger and faster than they are and they couldn't even catch Danal.

Sixth. You're also assuming a bunch of stuff about the Melachim and we have no clue about how they work or what they do in these kind of situations. We don't even know if they would find us if we left Ur.
Sure they know everything but as Azz once said. When you know everything it gets kind of hard to keep track of your thoughts. You might forget to keep your eye on this one part of the everything with all the everything you need to keep on top of you know.

Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!

Zyborn Cock posted:

Plan Fishdad is the most retarded thing since plan fishlaser.

Thanks for calling us stupid for having a different idea as to what is and isn't fun. C'mon, it's a game. We vote differently without hating the other voting blocs. Fishdad is amusing and it isn't as if team Hunger is a newcomer.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
It most likely isn't Sushem. We know demons can weave dead flesh like sculptor with clay. Whatever is possessing that corpse can summon Zizvs. It's will make a grand trophy for Danal and us.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Rahul posted:

He's had a very traumatic life. Is there anything that can be done to help him recover?

Based on this vote phase alone there is no greater irony than Enkidel thinking he can help a troubled mind when we have such a stellar one of our own. How we haven't been smote yet is beyond this little synapse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
I honestly would consider voting Team FishDad ( my "I voted to cut our hand with the shark tooth" bumper sticker proudly attests to my early Hunger days); there's just no way in hell anyone let's us stomp off out of Zepath right now.

Even if we sneak out in the dead of night Ish or a Melachim or someone is going to stop us before we get anywhere near Athar and will put us in exile or something for daring to not drink the El Kool Aid.

If you're going to do this you have to do it smart - if and when Danal goes on his expedition, go with him, and when we see Shushem start maiming the Zepathians, start praising Hunger and bowing at FishDad's feet.