Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
uh
This poll is closed.
embiid 41 32.28%
wiggins 86 67.72%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Aaron Gordon is The Matrix... please???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

WhyteRyce posted:

Nope

@SHowardCooper
Just filed to http://nba.com : Kings put No. 8 on the trade block, wanting veteran instead of next rookie to develop. Link to come.

:smith: Yay I can't wait to see what kind of Rajon Rondo package we are getting :smith:

Carlos Boozer + the 16th & 19th picks for the 8th pick. Everybody wins!

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I just remembered the Bobcats were in the playoffs weeeeiiiird

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Emanuel Collective posted:

If the Kings don't like Gordon and Noah is gone might as well trade down and get in on the Payne Train

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
People who know stuff: Is Harris a significantly better prospect than Stauskas?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

morestuff posted:

People who know stuff: Is Harris a significantly better prospect than Stauskas?

He has a higher ceiling but it depends on his shooting bouncing back to freshman levels and him finally staying healthy. Stauskas is safer because you at least know he's going to have one elite NBA skill.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 06:06 on May 21, 2014

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Emanuel Collective posted:

So many overpaid PFs.

The first real rumor after the lottery was that they're shopping the Sacramento pick for a a vet with leadership experience.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I assume that vet will also be a point guard they will start ahead of Isaiah Thomas for Reasons.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

chunkles posted:

I assume that vet will also be a point guard they will start ahead of Isaiah Thomas for Reasons.

Marcus Smart come on down!!! We really need a mini-Tyreke back on this team.

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"

pylb posted:

Also don't let Dan Gilbert's son move up either.

...gently caress

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The Cavs rule and will use the #1 overall pick to draft a running mate for Bennett. Honestly they can't make a mistake that bad again...or can they?

I read getting the three #1s in four years that they did was a 13,000-to-1 chance.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kings to package pick w/ Gay and filler for Love?

Also, do the Magic go with Smart. Can the run him and Vic at the same time?

ButtWolf fucked around with this message at 13:37 on May 21, 2014

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

haha holy poo poo i missed a lot :psyduck:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
As I think about it, letting Cleveland have a do-over from last year doesn't seem unfair.

jimcunningham posted:

Kings to package pick w/ Gay and filler for Love?

Also, do the Magic go with Smart. Can the run him and Vic at the same time?

For the #8 and Rudy loving Gay I'd rather have 1 season of Love.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Since your team automatically improves minus Rudy Gay, he will probably be traded 3 times a year for the rest of his contract life.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

To be fair to Cleveland Anthony Bennett is a pretty terrible player and giving them a second chance is for the best.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Kirios posted:

To be fair to Cleveland Anthony Bennett is a pretty terrible player and giving them a second chance is for the best.

Maybe instead of a new first pick they could have gotten a do-over of last year's draft.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Simmons owned last night. The only thing that makes this acceptable is that the Cavs will undoubtedly ruin whoever they draft.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

pylb posted:

Also don't let Dan Gilbert's son move up either.

This is some serious monkey paw poo poo right here. I'm going to blame you for this, forums poster "pylb"

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

MourningView posted:

He has a higher ceiling but it depends on his shooting bouncing back to freshman levels and him finally staying healthy. Stauskas is safer because you at least know he's going to have one elite NBA skill.

In my experience goons are typically really happy if their team drafts an elite (or perceived elite) shooter so I'm sure that even though Harris is the better prospect a lot of posters here would rather have Stauskas

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Does Patric Young project as a second rounder? How effective would he be in a Reggie Evans type role?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Declan MacManus posted:

In my experience goons are typically really happy if their team drafts an elite (or perceived elite) shooter so I'm sure that even though Harris is the better prospect a lot of posters here would rather have Stauskas

I've seen Michigan/Michigan State play each other like 5 times in the last two years and even though I'm an alumni and huge homer for Michigan I can't see any reason why anyone would rate Stauskas over Harris. Harris has like all the same scoring skills as Stauskas and plays way better defense to boot.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Kibner posted:

Does Patric Young project as a second rounder? How effective would he be in a Reggie Evans type role?

Patric Young projects as a stupid jerk who I wrote profiles for two years in a row before he went back to school each year like a big dumb idiot. Anyways he actually has tiny arms and has a very short standing reach for a dude that's 6'10 so that will probably hurt his rebounding and/or his ability to eat Jeff Goldblum

E: Realistically speaking, he's a garbage man on offense (albeit a very athletic and strong one). He wasn't a great rebounder in college and probably won't be in the NBA either, but he should (theoretically) be great at defending the pick and roll and can body up with most centers in the NBA. He'd be a great backup big man or an okay starter.

Declan MacManus fucked around with this message at 15:36 on May 21, 2014

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I don't know why I'm so bothered by Marcus Smart because I've seen him play and he wasn't bad, it's just I feel like the descriptions of him are actively trying to fool me. Like when people talk about Aaron Afflalo's defense.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Libertine posted:

I've seen Michigan/Michigan State play each other like 5 times in the last two years and even though I'm an alumni and huge homer for Michigan I can't see any reason why anyone would rate Stauskas over Harris. Harris has like all the same scoring skills as Stauskas and plays way better defense to boot.

Harris is short and injury prone and can't shoot and went to Michigan State gently caress him

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
He shot really well as a freshman and then not as well as a sophomore.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

MourningView posted:

He shot really well as a freshman and then not as well as a sophomore.

Looks like a clear case of being in decline, he'll presumably be even worse in the NBA.

Not that I need to care about any of these players, unless they're looking likely to drop to the #38 pick. At least that trade freed up the cap space to sign Brandon Jennings and Josh Smith! ha...ha....:suicide:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Smart's game is going to work well in the NBA in my opinion. This isn't a flop joke, he can dominate at times, even when his shot isn't falling.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I would hope so because his shot is never falling.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Man Adreiyieyne Payne just looks like a guy who should be a Bull to me. So im just going to root for that

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Adreian Payne will be really good (hot takes y'all) but I don't know what that frontcourt rotation would look like

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
What role would Payne settle into? He looked like a pretty decent ranged shooter whenever I watched him. What's his ceiling, Channing Frye?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

ESPN is trying to crush my little Sixer hopes again.

Early reports have Cleveland wanting Joel Embiid and Milwaukee has always liked Parker a lot.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Doltos posted:

What role would Payne settle into? He looked like a pretty decent ranged shooter whenever I watched him. What's his ceiling, Channing Frye?

He's a lot better in the post and on defense than Frye.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Sacramento fans seem to absolutely hate the idea of Aaron Gordon because who wants to use the #8 pick to draft a super athletic forward who plays really good defense when he's an inch too short and has no jumper

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

the_american_dream posted:

Man Adreiyieyne Payne just looks like a guy who should be a Bull to me. So im just going to root for that

probably no room for him once Mirotic comes over

The guy I'm most intrigued in for the Bulls is Kyle Anderson. His biggest liabilities are 1) being slow as hell and 2) having bad defensive mechanics. But being slow is no big deal in the Bulls offense, and Thibs tends to turn guys into good defenders

Emanuel Collective fucked around with this message at 16:42 on May 21, 2014

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Ty1990 posted:

ESPN is trying to crush my little Sixer hopes again.

Early reports have Cleveland wanting Joel Embiid and Milwaukee has always liked Parker a lot.

Yeah Wiggins falling to 3 would be a nightmare eh?

Bucks will take Wiggins if he is there.

Icy Penguigo
Nov 7, 2010

Hand Row posted:

Yeah Wiggins falling to 3 would be a nightmare eh?

Bucks will take Wiggins if he is there.

How serious are Embiid's injuries? It's a knee sprain and a stress fracture in his back, right? Just wondering if Cleveland will be remembered for drafting Bennett and then chronic back problem Embiid in consecutive drafts 10 years from now when Embiid and Bennett are both out of the league.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I still think Wiggins will go #1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Icy Penguigo posted:

How serious are Embiid's injuries?

His agent isn't letting anyone do a medical examination on him so no one has any clue.

• Locked thread