Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

CBJSprague24 posted:

The SEAL didn't pat down the teen?

Before terrorism. Didn't really consider it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

FX kills off another teen but, before he goes, he vents on how much he hated his loving double life. :stare:

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

O_O

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

CBJSprague24 posted:

FX kills off another teen but, before he goes, he vents on how much he hated his loving double life. :stare:

And about how he killed his parents.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

I'm sorry. Why was the kid rambling on? I heard him say his family was a lie, but what else?

edit: :asoiaf:

So apparently the kid was in DEEPER than his parents? How the gently caress did that happen?

nwin fucked around with this message at 03:48 on May 22, 2014

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
gently caress, I really liked this kid too. :(

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Well poo poo.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Kate told the kid about his family. He confronted his parents who didn't want him to follow in their footsteps. He killed his family.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
So The Center has plans to recruit the 2nd generation of Illegal spy network? That's what he was blabbering about?

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

beanieson posted:

So The Center has plans to recruit the 2nd generation of Illegal spy network? That's what he was blabbering about?

Unless Kate was completely off-book, yeah.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

LostRook posted:

Kate told the kid about his family. He confronted his parents who didn't want him to follow in their footsteps. He killed his family.

So Kate used her own form of propaganda on the son of the family who believed in the same propaganda, but despised the family who led him to lead that lifestyle because of propaganda and killed him to further The Cause in his own way.

e- "Tell Nina I'm sorry" :tviv:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Tell Nina I'm sorry :tviv:

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

CBJSprague24 posted:

So Kate used her own form of propaganda on the son of the family who believed in the same propaganda, but despised the family who led him to lead that lifestyle because of propaganda and killed him to further The Cause in his own way.

e- "Tell Nina I'm sorry" :tviv:

Essentially yes. Bottom line: Kate's an idiot.

Nina's still got the bruise. Nice touch.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Pwned by Beeman,

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

MAGS

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

eh...jumpin the shark.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

LostRook posted:

Unless Kate was completely off-book, yeah.

Nope.

Yay, Paige-spy!

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

jscolon2.0 posted:

Nope.

Yay, Paige-spy!

Yup, what I figured.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

"She may be your kid. But at the end of the day, we own you, bitches." :ussr:

e- Phillip just said "Oh no, you don't." :stare:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Haha, so that's how that deceptive preview line happened.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Holy poo poo. Is it March yet?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Didn't expect that last scene.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
No credits. Is it still going?

Can never tell when shows go long. Guess it is over.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
This is a pretty good show you guys :munch:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Ok, this show has lost my interest at times in its two seasons, but god drat I can't wait to see how this Paige spy thing goes.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Well poo poo that was a bleak finale. I have no idea where they're going next year, especially with Stan and Nina. Man.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

precision posted:

Well poo poo that was a bleak finale. I have no idea where they're going next year, especially with Stan and Nina. Man.

During that scene where he watched her get taken away I was waiting for him to do something really stupid, but at this point he's either let her go or has a master plan in the works, I could honestly believe either one at this point.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

The b-story next season will be Stan posing as a Russian citizen in Moscow trying to track down Nina before she gets hanged or whatever.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

I have to imagine that's it for Nina, I just can't think of a believable way Stan could save her at this point.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Maybe she just ends up hanging out with Vasili; working as an on call prostitute for expatriate scientists.

SCARYJEINFELD
Oct 30, 2012

It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes.
I'm going to miss Larrick, he was a piece of poo poo but in a different story he would be hero (or atleast anti-hero) instead of the big bad.

Lawrence Edward
Mar 28, 2013
I was seriously bummed out when I realized that Tyrant is not about some despot on Mars.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Lawrence Edward posted:

I was seriously bummed out when I realized that Tyrant is not about some despot on Mars.

Also The Strain is about vampires :(

Cause we needed another show about vampires.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Lawrence Edward posted:

TYRANT: Geev dees peepul AYUH!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

jscolon2.0 posted:

Nope.

Yay, Paige-spy!

Maybe making her a KGB spy will make her less annoying. Or she will kill Phillip and Elizabeth :shrug:

Also what was the point of showing that Martha got a gun? That she is finally starting to get a backbone?

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Also what was the point of showing that Martha got a gun? That she is finally starting to get a backbone?

Chekhov's Ladysmith.

Cuddly Tumblemumps
Aug 23, 2013

Postmodernity means the exhilarating freedom to pursue anything, yet mind-boggling uncertainty as to what is worth pursuing and in the name of what one should pursue it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It will make her death easier to frame as a suicide, especially if she goes to the range with her coworkers since they think she's kinda sad/lonely/weird. Oh god. :geno:

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

SCARYJEINFELD posted:

I'm going to miss Larrick, he was a piece of poo poo but in a different story he would be hero (or atleast anti-hero) instead of the big bad.

Yeah, from the US perspective, he literally was the good guy. And why'd he die? Too good guy-ish! He assumed the kid was a kid and even planned to take them alive.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Sepinwall said it best in his review:

quote:

Speaking of Martha, note that even in Stan's dream, she is stealing files off the mail robot. He's too busy focusing on Vlad, Sandra, etc., to notice, but the producers say this was not an accident, which means Martha may also be in some trouble next season, especially now that Agent Beeman has firmly committed himself to Team America.

I was cracking the hell up when I saw that and realized that it was a dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

precision posted:

With a really bleak final scene too. Just drat, that look on Phil's face when Liz revealed she was buying into the cause's bullshit about Paige, especially after everything they've been through this season.

• Locked thread