Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Rap Music and Dope posted:

I am currently sitting on a mad fat amount of elix and gold that I can't spend for a few days due to builders etc.

What's the best way to protect this? I don't care about trophies nor do I care if they hit my collectors I really only want the 2 elix and 2 gold storages I have protected. Only those 4 buildings. Is there a setup for this or can anyone give me advice? Lvl7 TH so I got teslas and the th7 wall amount. Thanks.

Pokeball is a good set up for keeping storages safe. I've been using it for awhile and I have gone a month without anybody attacking me for more than just a TH snipe.

For you TH7's, what have you found to be an effective base for Clan Wars? I've been using this but it hasn't held up as well as I had hoped. I'm pretty much maxed on defenses (Halfway through level 7 walls) and I think I can find a better one. The CC is super lure-able and it kind of pisses me off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zeesik
Nov 30, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Just sent a request to join spergs of war. My town hall is still level 3, but right now I'm happily destroying horrible build bases.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

zeesik posted:

Just sent a request to join spergs of war. My town hall is still level 3, but right now I'm happily destroying horrible build bases.

You'll be destroying horribly built bases for a long time. I've been playing this game for like two months now and I still keep scrolling through opponents until I find that perfect combination of both valuable and retarded.

Just ask the guys in ugeiv. I post some great replays of utterly horrific bases for TH5/6.

xarg
Sep 17, 2008

IF A MAN DRINK LIKE THAT AND HE DONT EAT HE IS GOING TO DIE
PEKKA's new clanwar:
http://www.reddit.com/r/RedditAtlas

How exciting.

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008
PEKKA is finally vs a english speaking clan- Reddit Atlas.

They made it far too easy to find and sabotage their planning documents.....

EDIT: God dammit xarg you beat me to the punch in clan chat and on the forums :(

ImsaKidd fucked around with this message at 02:15 on May 23, 2014

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

xarg posted:

PEKKA's new clanwar:

How exciting.

Holy gently caress, war documents?!

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
"Attack other team"

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008
I was reading through their subreddit, apparently raiding a base that someone else has "claimed" is grounds for getting kicked from the clan.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

ImsaKidd posted:

I was reading through their subreddit, apparently raiding a base that someone else has "claimed" is grounds for getting kicked from the clan.

It's like the last season of the walking dead

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

xarg posted:

PEKKA's new clanwar:

How exciting.

Hahahaha holy poo poo, they claim bases. All you gotta do is train a real army and crush some skulls.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

xarg posted:

PEKKA's new clanwar:

How exciting.

:eyepop:/10 banner

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

The recent discoveries of other clans in this thread disgust me.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

I thought the earlier sperging in this thread over Clan War losses was terrible enough, ho-lee crap Atlas :lol::lol::lol:

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
Can someone make a big penis made of colored cells in their google doc for me? Tia

tophet
Oct 28, 2003

Young Orc
I guess I've been on the internet too long to realize how nerdy reddit is. It seems like a crazy pipe dream that you guys actually got matched against them.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

With the ludicrous number of clans they have it was bound to happen

dpidz0r
Jul 29, 2012

b0ng posted:

For you TH7's, what have you found to be an effective base for Clan Wars? I've been using this but it hasn't held up as well as I had hoped. I'm pretty much maxed on defenses (Halfway through level 7 walls) and I think I can find a better one. The CC is super lure-able and it kind of pisses me off.

Here's what I've been using, I believe it came from the front page in this thread:

I moved my extractor out of the center for the screenshot since I don't have a barb king to put there yet. If people attack it the way it's designed to be attacked, they usually one star it either by getting 50% of the buildings, or blitzing the TH and then dieing horribly inside the bubble they just created.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

ImsaKidd posted:

PEKKA is finally vs a english speaking clan- Reddit Atlas.

They made it far too easy to find and sabotage their planning documents.....

EDIT: God dammit xarg you beat me to the punch in clan chat and on the forums :(

Anyone here actually have a reddit account? Could post on their thread claiming the attack on a certain player with a fake name, and then obviously, uh, not do it.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah, if I want to nab a star I just attack in the war early (I'm still TH 4 and I suck against relatively decent bases still). Claiming is lame.

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
I've started to mess with the Redditors. I'm posting in their forum where they decide who to attack and add it to their stupid excel sheet. Guise posting as a clan member and saying I will attack people. I am mean.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Cbear posted:

I've started to mess with the Redditors. I'm posting in their forum where they decide who to attack and add it to their stupid excel sheet. Guise posting as a clan member and saying I will attack people. I am mean.

Can you make our clan message something to insult their spergy "claim your attacks or be kicked" thing?

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
Lemme see what I can do.

nephyx
Jun 20, 2006

"Purges"
-Adolf Twerkel

Khablam posted:

Can you make our clan message something to insult their spergy "claim your attacks or be kicked" thing?

Well technically If you attack a target that was already claimed then you get a warning, but if you do it twice you get kicked. The fact that they even get to pick their own targets is really lame. Obviously the clan's leadership should pick everyones targets for them, and kick any "snowflakes" who feel they know better.

Join Spergs of War today

Fragmaster
Dec 1, 2000

nerdshoe
http://www.reddit.com/r/ClashOfClans/comments/26asze/misc_im_in_a_verified_reddit_clan_this_is_our_war/

I'm ashamed that our trash talk wasn't very good... but good job on the donations.

I would avoid trying to mess with their spergsheets or posting over there and concentrate on better trash talk.

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008
Since this is the tryhardest war ever, a good idea I found (and hadn't thought of before) for wars:

Move your collectors to the outside of your base. No need to protect them in a war, so you can adjust defenses accordingly.

Also, I'm leaving my TH exposed. I think I'm 7th or 8th rank, and I think I can bait enough snipes with an exposed TH to make it worthwhile.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Fragmaster posted:

http://www.reddit.com/r/ClashOfClans/comments/26asze/misc_im_in_a_verified_reddit_clan_this_is_our_war/

I'm ashamed that our trash talk wasn't very good... but good job on the donations.

I would avoid trying to mess with their spergsheets or posting over there and concentrate on better trash talk.

lmao, that's awesome.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Fragmaster posted:

Let's go Pekka! You are now representing all that is good and goon. Failure can only result in exile.

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
I feel like an e-celebrity now. My message is on Reddit.

Also, check out PEKKA's latest taunt in clan info!

Cbear fucked around with this message at 19:03 on May 23, 2014

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

ImsaKidd posted:

Since this is the tryhardest war ever, a good idea I found (and hadn't thought of before) for wars:

Move your collectors to the outside of your base. No need to protect them in a war, so you can adjust defenses accordingly.

Also, I'm leaving my TH exposed. I think I'm 7th or 8th rank, and I think I can bait enough snipes with an exposed TH to make it worthwhile.

This is a bad idea unless you're TH9/10 as it's very easy to get the 50% star on a TH8, and you're giving them another for free.
I haven't seen any significant sniping that wasn't during a war someone has already lost, won, or their lowbies sniping cause that's all they could manage.
I'm TH8 and I've held to one star it defended many times, that's a much better idea than giving someone an assured victory.

Agenti
Oct 30, 2005
Are you wearing space pants? 'Cuz your ass is out of this world.
Where is their google doc for attack? I want to see who claimed me!

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Agenti posted:

If this has prompted them to password protect it and add another layer of inanity to their casual gaming, that would be more of a victory than you could have ever won in-game.

Truly a clash worthy of a Memorial Day weekend.

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
My guise attack is still on their spreadsheet. Haha just post in their sub-forum.

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!

Agenti posted:

It's Atlas War #7 on the Sperg Sheet. They haven't caught the one I claimed yet either.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

duffmensch posted:

It's Atlas War #7 on the Sperg Sheet. They haven't caught the one I claimed yet either.

That is the dumbest goddamned thing I've ever seen. Holy poo poo.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
Alright, what's the goon consensus on best TH7 layout. War preferred.

ExtraFox fucked around with this message at 01:14 on May 25, 2014

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

ExtraFox posted:

Alright, what's the goon consensus on best TH7 layuot. War preferred.

I've been using the layout in the OP and have been very satisfied with its performance.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Cbear posted:

My guise attack is still on their spreadsheet. Haha just post in their sub-forum.

I think it'll start looking fishy if I do the same thing with a newly-regged account, but if anyone else has a Reddit account (especially one that doesn't match their CoC name), doing this a few more times would be a funny way to gently caress with their system. Counter-recon seems fair to me.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

Reddit posted:

Pretty sure it's a Somethingawful Clan.

How can you tell? If it's true I'm concerned. How can we defeat an Asperger army of next-level gamer thugs?
Good luck reddit atlas. Claim your targets wisely

Gonna need updates on this war Pekka.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
Will do. Just started. Tomorrow will be a big day.