Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dotcom656
Apr 7, 2007
I WILL TAKE BETTER PICTURES OF MY DRAWINGS BEFORE POSTING THEM

mechaet posted:

I really need to update NST 1.6, but need to find the time for it. Quite possibly this weekend I'll roll together a pack for it. Don't expect a PGS thread from me on it, though; every single host we used to have the old NST 1.6 server on threatened to shut the server off because it is such a resource hog, except for Akliz and their setup couldn't keep it running at anything playable. I'll still publish a server pack for it, just be aware it'd probably require dedicated hardware to make it run worth anything with more than 3 or 4 players on.

It'll break your saved worlds from previous versions of NST 1.6 pretty badly when I do it, too. That's unavoidable, unfortunately; too much has changed in how I handle pack creation in the NST series.

Whats the current version of NST? I don't mind upgrading from 1.6 it was just the version I had set up in my Tekkit launcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Serifina posted:

It does. It's what frustrates me most about single-player with AgSkies. I have, in the past, left my computer running and me AFK to let time-intensive stuff finish and I can't do that here.

Make a seat. It removes your hunger bar when you sit on it.

One thing I wish I had done earlier: make a pair of invar shears, as soon as possible. These things mow through leaf blocks and still drop enough saplings to keep the trees going. Iron shears work just as fast, but last about a tenth of the time. I burned through an entire pair of iron shears on one large oak tree.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
By that point you can probably just make a harvester and throw on a steam dynamo with a few charcoal in it. Infinite leaf-shearing, no durability.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
Do fruit pickers have to be aimed at the wood part of a tree or at where the fruit themselves are? I'm thinking I could maybe build the trees themselves to pass under a dirt layer for aesthetics if it's the former.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
I finally got around to starting the Liquid quests of AS and was wondering does the "10000" mean 10,000 buckets? Also I assume I can just Pump it into that Quest Receptacle thing to turn it in.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

Dotcom656 posted:

Whats the current version of NST? I don't mind upgrading from 1.6 it was just the version I had set up in my Tekkit launcher.

The current front-runner that is actively updated on a 2-week-ish cycle is NST: Diet available here. PGS thread is here, in case you want to come play with us.

If Diet proves too much for a system, I recommend trying NST: Zero instead which has fewer mods but the same basic playstyle. You can find that pack here, there is no PGS thread yet because I'm still perf-checking the new version of MCPC+. As soon as I get that done, there will be a PGS thread for it with an official server.

This weekend I'm playing around with expanding NST: Diet's collection out to include a lot of the mods I dropped; namely: forestry/buildcraft/railcraft, GalactiCraft, and maybe a surprise or two. It'll bloat Diet out from its current 99-modfiles profile out to nearly 130, and will basically be unaffordable to rent servers to play it on with more than 4 people at a time. That pack will supercede the NST 1.6 pack, and eventually I'll retire the NST 1.6 pack entirely. The new superpack will get a new NST designation (probably NST Maxx or something to keep with the soda-style naming gimmick).

mechaet fucked around with this message at 09:10 on May 23, 2014

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Jagged Jim posted:

I finally got around to starting the Liquid quests of AS and was wondering does the "10000" mean 10,000 buckets? Also I assume I can just Pump it into that Quest Receptacle thing to turn it in.

That's millibuckets one bucket is 1000 mb

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

senae posted:

That's millibuckets one bucket is 1000 mb

Ah, thanks. That's a little more reasonable.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Also, while AE's liquid storage is very handy, do NOT pump directly from your digital storage to the QDS. You will lose everything.
Put down an intermediary like a drum, pump AE into that and out into the QDS from there.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Vib Rib posted:

By that point you can probably just make a harvester and throw on a steam dynamo with a few charcoal in it. Infinite leaf-shearing, no durability.

You can make invar shears much earlier than that. You can alloy iron and nickel directly in the smeltery, so it's available as soon as you can start using a smeltery and sieve.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Vib Rib posted:

Also, while AE's liquid storage is very handy, do NOT pump directly from your digital storage to the QDS. You will lose everything.
Put down an intermediary like a drum, pump AE into that and out into the QDS from there.

Alternatively if you want to keep some liquid for yourself use a fluid level emitter pointed at the fluid export bus. Aside from Mob Essence though, not sure what liquids from the Flow Quests you would want to keep lurking in your digital storage. Easier to melt on demand than to have it in liquid form.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

No one but YOU.
Do itemducts work with Bibliocraft things at all? I'm planning a buffet table type deal with randomised meals for everyone on Taffer's server, and if itemducts don't work I gotta ask is there a way to slow down how frequently an autonomous activator clicks? Cause that was my other idea.

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!

Pidmon posted:

Do itemducts work with Bibliocraft things at all? I'm planning a buffet table type deal with randomised meals for everyone on Taffer's server, and if itemducts don't work I gotta ask is there a way to slow down how frequently an autonomous activator clicks? Cause that was my other idea.

I'm 99% sure Itemducts work since the Bibliocraft things have a proper inventory and all. I know I used to have a storage bus pointed at my display shelves so I could access my neat tools from AE and still have them in a nice display.

You can set an AA to only activate with a Redstone signal then use a timer / PRC / whatever to set your own time interval.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Can someone help me?

I'm trying to use a single redstone timer to send a signal to 2 storage chests, so my duel fusion reactors can be given a single deuterium cell each, at the same time, once every 60 seconds.

Both chests are set up identically, both item ducts are set up the same, both have a valve upgrade, both set to send a single item, both use the same side of the storage chest, the redstone signal comes from the same direction... Yet only ONE chest is sending items. On the chest that isn't sending items, if I replace the redstone on the floor with a redstone torch, the items enter the pipe fine. I don't understand why it's so hard to send 2 items from 2 chests at the same time.

I've also tried using autarchic gates, but they would only send the deuterium cell once every 5th rotation, ruining the synchronization.

[edit] My base uses upto about 130,000 MJ per second.

[edit 2] NM I figured it out :facepalm:

I swear to god this setup didn't work the first 3 times I tried it.

Ak Gara fucked around with this message at 17:11 on May 23, 2014

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
^^^^

Why don't you have more turbines on those reactors? Plasma heats water on top of it, too!

Gollom
Mar 5, 2007
I pawned the precious

Ak Gara posted:

Can someone help me?

I'm trying to use a single redstone timer to send a signal to 2 storage chests, so my duel fusion reactors can be given a single deuterium cell each, at the same time, once every 60 seconds.

Both chests are set up identically, both item ducts are set up the same, both have a valve upgrade, both set to send a single item, both use the same side of the storage chest, the redstone signal comes from the same direction... Yet only ONE chest is sending items. On the chest that isn't sending items, if I replace the redstone on the floor with a redstone torch, the items enter the pipe fine. I don't understand why it's so hard to send 2 items from 2 chests at the same time.

I've also tried using autarchic gates, but they would only send the deuterium cell once every 5th rotation, ruining the synchronization.

[edit] My base uses upto about 130,000 MJ per second.

[edit 2] NM I figured it out :facepalm:

I swear to god this setup didn't work the first 3 times I tried it.

Electromagnetic glass doesn't transfer heat, so you're missing out on a bunch of energy. I don't think this is ever explained anywhere useful, though. You have to watch an awful Youtube video or dig through forum posts to find out. Kind of a bummer, I like watching the plasma do its thing.

Also how are you using deuterium cells at all? Atomic Sciences hasn't used those since the 1.5 era, I think? I know they exist in game, as the older version of the 1.6 reactor uses them internally, but I was pretty sure you couldn't craft them directly. Depending on mod version(s) you should be able to tesseract deuterium and power directly into the reactor and skip all this nonsense. In fact, I'm pretty sure Itemducts didn't exist in a version where you couldn't tesseract deuterium but it's very possible I'm confusing versions.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Pidmon posted:

Do fruit pickers have to be aimed at the wood part of a tree or at where the fruit themselves are? I'm thinking I could maybe build the trees themselves to pass under a dirt layer for aesthetics if it's the former.

I think on the level of the fruit. Not sure if it has the same aggressive tree chopping algorithm as the harvester.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
What's the best way to set up a big reactor to put out a lot of steam?

Also when I first set up my reactor, it was producing 2000 mb/t of steam. Then I left, and when I came back, it was only making 824. Literally nothing changed between then and now.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Gollom posted:

Electromagnetic glass doesn't transfer heat, so you're missing out on a bunch of energy. I don't think this is ever explained anywhere useful, though. You have to watch an awful Youtube video or dig through forum posts to find out. Kind of a bummer, I like watching the plasma do its thing.

Also how are you using deuterium cells at all? Atomic Sciences hasn't used those since the 1.5 era, I think? I know they exist in game, as the older version of the 1.6 reactor uses them internally, but I was pretty sure you couldn't craft them directly. Depending on mod version(s) you should be able to tesseract deuterium and power directly into the reactor and skip all this nonsense. In fact, I'm pretty sure Itemducts didn't exist in a version where you couldn't tesseract deuterium but it's very possible I'm confusing versions.

I'm using a chemical extractor > fluid duct > fluid transposer, empty cells goes in, deut cells come out.

The goal isn't to pump unlimited deut into the reactors, just a single deut cell (200L) is enough to run the reactor long enough to fully refill 5 Resonant Cells, and have a timer set so it injects a fresh 200L just before the cells run out of power.

I'm using Minecraft 1.6.4, technic modpack.

Are there any goon tekkit servers?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
For some reason in AG having a wisp in the MFR auto-spawner somehow becomes nearly mob essence neutral and keeps running either indefinitely or for a *very* long time. I've got at least a thousand of the basic essences and several dozens of all the compound types after a couple hours.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Are there any good, non-higher definition resource packs that support most mod packs? Not going to lie, I kind of wish we had a resource pack directory of our own, so I wouldn't have to wade through crappy sites and adfly links and broken links. The John Smith link in the OP leads me to a blank site.

Opioid
Jul 3, 2008

<3 Blood Type ARRRRR

RaspberryCommie posted:

What's the best way to set up a big reactor to put out a lot of steam?

Also when I first set up my reactor, it was producing 2000 mb/t of steam. Then I left, and when I came back, it was only making 824. Literally nothing changed between then and now.
Best way is dedicated tesseracts on the input and output ports since they have no rate limit.

As for the problem: Fluid ducts piping water in? My guess is your machine built up a big backlog of non steam water to convert before turning it on, but now the return or refreshing supply of cold water is only coming in at 824.

jadedcat
Jul 20, 2013

Sage Grimm posted:

Alternatively if you want to keep some liquid for yourself use a fluid level emitter pointed at the fluid export bus. Aside from Mob Essence though, not sure what liquids from the Flow Quests you would want to keep lurking in your digital storage. Easier to melt on demand than to have it in liquid form.

Unless you want to make alloys on demand... cause there are liquid crafting recipes for the alloys that can be made inside AE

ToastyPotato posted:

Are there any good, non-higher definition resource packs that support most mod packs? Not going to lie, I kind of wish we had a resource pack directory of our own, so I wouldn't have to wade through crappy sites and adfly links and broken links. The John Smith link in the OP leads me to a blank site.

Depends what you mean by high definition. 64x has the most complete packs. Mine and Soartex. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtySQXzli67EdDVvSnoydkJuS1lmRGpWWUJKSHRrTmc&usp=drive_web#gid=0 thats a comparison based on FTB packs. Not sure about other launcher packs. Soartex is more modern mine is more medieval/rustic though we use many of the same textures.

jadedcat fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 24, 2014

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Opioid posted:

Best way is dedicated tesseracts on the input and output ports since they have no rate limit.

As for the problem: Fluid ducts piping water in? My guess is your machine built up a big backlog of non steam water to convert before turning it on, but now the return or refreshing supply of cold water is only coming in at 824.

I have tesseracts on the in and out of both the turbine and the reactor. The water channel on my tesseract is also hooked up to ten aqueous acumulators in addition to the water output of the turbine.

My current reactor is a 7x7x4 with 9 fuel rods (because I assumed it would produce more heat). And I was right as it increased steam output by 100 or so. Problem is, I can't get it back up to the 2000 it was at when I first built the turbine.

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010
I'm very confused- why do the recipes with juice give you empty glass bottles when you craft them? You don't have to craft bottles in the first place like having to make a bucket before you can use a bucket of water in a recipe, so why are the juices doing this?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

BlueOccamy posted:

I'm very confused- why do the recipes with juice give you empty glass bottles when you craft them? You don't have to craft bottles in the first place like having to make a bucket before you can use a bucket of water in a recipe, so why are the juices doing this?

Because it's a bottle of juice! :v:

Yeah it's dumb, blame hunger overhaul being dumb in general.
Edit: or maybe this is Harvestcraft doing it?

Edit2: Haha what the gently caress I randomly lost all my aspect research after updating the FTB launcher? Thankfully my thaumonomicon is complete and I did all the TC4 quests, so I don't care. Everything has a bunch of ? aspects on it now though, sortof annoying.

Edit3: Just tested sitting in a "seat" to avoid starving. The hunger bar disappears, yes, but it still goes down.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 07:41 on May 24, 2014

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

No one but YOU.

BlueOccamy posted:

That's why I'm making an AE system for my recipies once I get the vinegar quest done.

Speaking of, I found out that all that the Fruit Picker needs access to is the bottom of a stack of logs, so my plan of 'field of pam's saplings with wood heading underneath for fruit picking' will work! Yayyy!

I reckon a distance of 9 between saplings should work, as the banana/dragonfruit tree distance seems to be 4 out from the sapling, so I figure that should cover everything.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...
So I did something wrong at some point and my AgSkies setup is refusing to work. (This is why I've not been on in a few days, Taffer - that and work.) I think I'll delete it and re download it today or tomorrow so I can play again.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I need some help with the High Oven:

The progress par has been frozen for a while now and I have no idea if I'm doing something wrong or what, I've never used Steelworks before.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

No one but YOU.
Is there any way to automate cocoa beans in AS? The fruit picker for that one removes the base item unlike all the Pam's Harvestcraft fruits, and autonomous activators don't plant them.

Also I am having a bit of trouble getting the autocrafting to work at the moment in the main ME build, it's kind of stalling my fruitpicker plans.

Edit: Nevermind that second one, relogging worked.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Jagged Jim posted:

The progress par has been frozen for a while now and I have no idea if I'm doing something wrong or what, I've never used Steelworks before.

It doesn't seem to like working with the base-size High Oven. Expand it upwards a couple of blocks, get it heated up, and try again. It's supposed to work, but it just doesn't seem to want to.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Serifina posted:

So I did something wrong at some point and my AgSkies setup is refusing to work. (This is why I've not been on in a few days, Taffer - that and work.) I think I'll delete it and re download it today or tomorrow so I can play again.

Remember to backup texture packs, screenshots, and save games!

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Serifina posted:

It doesn't seem to like working with the base-size High Oven. Expand it upwards a couple of blocks, get it heated up, and try again. It's supposed to work, but it just doesn't seem to want to.

That did it, thanks. Big Reactors, here I come!

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010

Pidmon posted:

Is there any way to automate cocoa beans in AS? The fruit picker for that one removes the base item unlike all the Pam's Harvestcraft fruits, and autonomous activators don't plant them.

Also I am having a bit of trouble getting the autocrafting to work at the moment in the main ME build, it's kind of stalling my fruitpicker plans.

Edit: Nevermind that second one, relogging worked.

You need a planter to replant cocoa beans. It's dumb, but them's the breaks. Remember that planters plant stuff two above it, and only on that level, even though fruit pickers grab stuff way above it (tested it out in creative, it would harvest up to 15 blocks or more high!). Wonder if the MFR guy(s) could code cocoa beans to auto replant via the picker so it acts more like the rest of the stuff it will harvest. Would mean we could stack them vertically for massive cocoa bean harvests.

Archo
Nov 5, 2002
Anime King
So I have a tessa outputting to an item duct that transports to an obsidian chest directly below it. Because I like to watch items move through pipes mostly. Decided to try and sort the chest (the items in it are coming from a monster grinder and vary wildly) with a sorter from mekanism. After placing it below the tessa and next to the chest, I clicked on it to configure it. Never happened. The server tossed multiple null point exception faults all pointed at the item ducts and tessa about item jamming or blocking. We had to load a server backup to proceed. Not really sure what set it off but I thought this a good place to warn anybody.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Jagged Jim posted:

Serifina posted:

Every block high the middle of the oven is creates 1 interior space for items to be processed, and increases the max temperature by 1000 degrees. A bigger oven is therefore useful not just because it can smelt more items at once, but also because at max temperature it'll smelt those items in like a second.
The problem, I think, is that steel can't be processed at 1000 degrees; it needs a higher temperature to process. Since a minimum-size high oven can only reach 1000 degrees, it can't make steel.

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010
So I've never messed around with Forestry before because I've heard bad things about it, but I want to force myself through everything in the AS quest book and you guys have said gendustry makes it tolerable.

I'm pretty sure the squeezer is supposed to squeeze vanilla wheat seeds into seed oil.

I can't even start the bees and trees quest tree because I've picked up this stupid block five times and placed it five different areas, and still nothing shows up in the middle tank area no matter how many seeds I shove into it. I tried with apples too, had to move it twice to get any juice to show up and when it did I was all "yay it works now!" and shoved seeds in after filling up a can with the apple juice, but NOPE. No seed oil.

This is why BO doesn't like trying new things :saddowns:

Edit: the only things attached to the squeezer no matter where I put it is the redstone energy conduit that is powering it. The arrow will move and the seed/apple will disappear but nothing will enter the tank in the middle of the gui.

Robhol
Oct 9, 2012
How many seeds did you try? Each seed give only a minuscule amount of seed oil so you need to put in a few dozen of them before you even see a noticeable amount of oil in the tank.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Vib Rib posted:

Every block high the middle of the oven is creates 1 interior space for items to be processed, and increases the max temperature by 1000 degrees. A bigger oven is therefore useful not just because it can smelt more items at once, but also because at max temperature it'll smelt those items in like a second.
The problem, I think, is that steel can't be processed at 1000 degrees; it needs a higher temperature to process. Since a minimum-size high oven can only reach 1000 degrees, it can't make steel.

The melting point of iron is just over 1500C, so you do need the bigger high oven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Robhol posted:

How many seeds did you try? Each seed give only a minuscule amount of seed oil so you need to put in a few dozen of them before you even see a noticeable amount of oil in the tank.

Yeah, vanilla wheat seeds are I think 100 for 1 bucket (10 mb per seed), and that tank holds up to 10 buckets. If you mouseover the tank display it'll say "seed oil", though unlike machines with better GUIs it doesn't tell you the quantity.

• Locked thread