Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
...So, you lost the original commentary for episode 12 then? :psyduck:

The puns are fantastic. This game is amazing. :allears: (The kid's face is terrifying though. She looks like a doll.)

Nice sneaky reference there, Geop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

I'm pretty should that little girl is actually Zelda. She's certainly of elvish blood.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf

Yapping Eevee posted:

...So, you lost the original commentary for episode 12 then? :psyduck:

The fans wanted more deceitfulpenguin. We got him and what I thought was a very good explanation of the idea behind aurora coins.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Niggurath posted:

Sorry for the delay! Here, have a double update where Deceitful Penguin fills us in on what it's like to live near a volcano and the rest of us having a relaxing time meeting a new character....and being very reassuring.

edit: Also there might be something else that me and Panzer might be doing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1uR0me1Fkk

No puns, but here's the Nostalgia Critic's Nicolas Cage Bear Jokes Mega Reel!TM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSiMnPAt1BY

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Goddam foreigners refusing to learn our language and stealing our Lp commentator jobs :bahgawd:

Also, I'm dissapointed, Geop. Those puns were bare bones at best.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Hope Y'all were enlightened by that lil talk about famous Icelandic volcanoes and how it is to be near an eruption!

Oh yea, and here's the pictures I mentioned, that dude is a pretty great photographer:
http://imgur.com/a/BQ9Ln/all

Deceitful Penguin fucked around with this message at 17:22 on May 23, 2014

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
I'm not gonna lie, I was absolutely disappointed by this update. When Ray was parked in that car talking about how he was safe from pyroclastic flows and the shaking started, I was 100% expecting/hoping it to be another Synaamie coming to try and kill him. Turns out it was just the pyroclastic flows and ash clouds. :argh:

F-- done watching forever.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Niggurath posted:

edit: Also there might be something else that me and Panzer might be doing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1uR0me1Fkk

I can't wait to see me if this.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Ray "Forgetful" The Hedgehog

Also for texture dumping if you're using Dolphin check Graphic Settings > Advanced > Dump Textures

ScotchDK
Aug 14, 2008

mmmh, smooth...
One of the reasons Ray should have been dead from that ash cloud, is really nasty. The ashes gets stuck on the moist lungs, and with your second breath it cools down, essentially turns into cement and prevents oxygen to get into your body.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
Did that cutscene seriously just tell us the pyroclastic flow reached the coast and wiped out the navy preparing for Blue Ridge City relief efforts, but Ray in his Mazda survived?

:psyduck:

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
I gotta say, Deceitful Penguin has the most wonderfully soothing voice :allears: I did not mind listening to him at all during that clusterfuck chase even though I understood not a word of what he said. I heard England and that was about it.

Also fun fact for voice acting, Iris' voice actor is also the same voice as Nanako from Persona 4.

Niggurath posted:

This feels like a remake of Sweet Home, or a somehow-crappier Michigan: Report From Hell. I dunno if that's a good thing or not but I'm interested. See how far you get with this anyway, this is at least original an idea, I never seen Japan do FMV games before.

I will say though that the "scary horse picture" is actually a variation of a real picture known as "The Nightmare". Has all the same elements with spooky horse, woman draped and an ugly goblin sitting on her tits, apparently it was inspired by Freudian theories of the subconscious and whatnot. I dunno if that comes up or not or if they just thought it was a oool creepy western-style picture so...

FinalGamer fucked around with this message at 20:15 on May 23, 2014

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

FinalGamer posted:

Also fun fact for voice acting, Iris' voice actor is also the same voice as Nanako from Persona 4.

I knew she sounded familiar! Iris may have creepy doll face, but she's now much better simply by association with Nanako.

Mister Xenophobe
Feb 2, 2008

grancheater posted:

Also for texture dumping if you're using Dolphin check Graphic Settings > Advanced > Dump Textures

Holy poo poo, rated this thread 5 just because of this loving .gif

Kangra
May 7, 2012

European and Asian horror? I will now assume that the previewed LP with Panzer is going to take place entirely inside Ray's mind while he pages through the stories on that bookshelf.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Neruz posted:

What the poo poo did I just watch.
You watched some kick rear end driving and some great, informative commentary from Deceitful Penguin. He's tops in his field and he could easily pass for a bear in a wooded area.

FinalGamer posted:

I gotta say, Deceitful Penguin has the most wonderfully soothing voice :allears: I did not mind listening to him at all during that clusterfuck chase even though I understood not a word of what he said. I heard England and that was about it.

This feels like a remake of Sweet Home, or a somehow-crappier Michigan: Report From Hell. I dunno if that's a good thing or not but I'm interested. See how far you get with this anyway, this is at least original an idea, I never seen Japan do FMV games before.

I will say though that the "scary horse picture" is actually a variation of a real picture known as "The Nightmare". Has all the same elements with spooky horse, woman draped and an ugly goblin sitting on her tits, apparently it was inspired by Freudian theories of the subconscious and whatnot. I dunno if that comes up or not or if they just thought it was a oool creepy western-style picture so...
I was seriously stoked when I was somehow able to get into the next checkpoint upside down. I can't even begin to fully explain the jank attached to the driving and how precision driving doesn't really work with the game, like on the mountain road section after the house.

And 'Fear' is just a wonderfully unique game and I'm super glad Panzer can be there to laugh at the lovely Japanese people while picking up the bits and pieces of dialogue. I do recall when I streamed it before that people immediately felt it was some bizarre follow-up to Michigan which I can totally see. But it's a lot more coherent and well made than Michigan.

grancheater posted:

You are such a beautiful and amazing man! And I'll check later to see if I can't get some images out of Dolphin later.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

It is all but unknown HR Giger designed the camera guy for all first-person camera guy games:

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Hope Y'all were enlightened by that lil talk about famous Icelandic volcanoes and how it is to be near an eruption!

Oh yea, and here's the pictures I mentioned, that dude is a pretty great photographer:
http://imgur.com/a/BQ9Ln/all

I did wonder what the hell you were talking about; I figured it was a nordic language but that was the best I could do.

Derek Barona posted:

I'm not gonna lie, I was absolutely disappointed by this update. When Ray was parked in that car talking about how he was safe from pyroclastic flows and the shaking started, I was 100% expecting/hoping it to be another Synaamie coming to try and kill him. Turns out it was just the pyroclastic flows and ash clouds. :argh:

F-- done watching forever.

A pyroclastic flow is basically a suhnamee made of fire and ash.

You know, this game is guilty of many unrealistic things but at least you don't sink into lava. Someone, somewhere remembered that lava is still about as dense as rock.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf

Niggurath posted:

I've been waiting so long

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Is the sheer number of basketballs running loose in the house ever explained? I can only assume Iris's parents are the Harlem Globetrotters.

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011
So Ray's tribal tattoo is a "good luck charm"? It's been doing a hell of a job so far.

Do people really eat walnut pie?

CaptQuick
Apr 30, 2009
We're pretty close now to where Coulis' LP left off (I think the next update will get us up to the point). I'm interested to see what insanity was left.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Niggurath posted:

Wait, hadn't you already done that? Or is it just a remarkably similar game?

edit: a remarkably similar game with the same actors, plot and camera-san as the protagonist :v:?

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 08:48 on May 24, 2014

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?

grancheater posted:

jesus christ this is amazing

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

FinalGamer posted:

Karen Straussman. Persona credits, she's also Aigis and Izamani. In this game, she's also using her less kid-type voice as Lisa.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

ScotchDK posted:

One of the reasons Ray should have been dead from that ash cloud, is really nasty. The ashes gets stuck on the moist lungs, and with your second breath it cools down, essentially turns into cement and prevents oxygen to get into your body.
Yea, even when you're a few hundred clicks away it's still terrible.

FinalGamer posted:

Awww, shucks.

Niggurath posted:

And 'Fear' is just a wonderfully unique game and I'm super glad Panzer can be there to laugh at the lovely Japanese people while picking up the bits and pieces of dialogue. I do recall when I streamed it before that people immediately felt it was some bizarre follow-up to Michigan which I can totally see. But it's a lot more coherent and well made than Michigan.
To be fair, I have had fever dreams more coherent and well constructed than Michigan. Also with less peeking in on black men showering.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's a little funny that just walking around a house cut Ray's Stamina about in half.

Dude just gets the munchies, I guess?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Niggurath posted:

This isn't the F.E.A.R. I know! :ghost:

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Sorry for the delay there, but geop had to go and get busy making another wonderful LP. Hopefully though things will pick up and we can continue normally with all the heart-pounding action you've come to expect from Disaster: Day of Crisis. For now though, we continue on through the ashen forest with Iris and run into an unexpected guest on the mountain trail.

Also in case you get bored and can't get enough of me rambling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9FGc7XyGyE

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"
Two dumb blondes are hiking through the woods when they come across a set of tracks.
"They're deer tracks!" says the first.
"No, they're bear tracks!" says the second.
As they're arguing about whether they're deer or bear tracks, they get hit by a train.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I watched the old Disaster: Day of Crisis LP and remember the bear jumping you at the railroad tracks, but not the tree-throwing or final showdown encounters with it. Between that and the stalking at the start of the forest, pre-Iris, I think that bear has been a better antagonist than SURGE.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Truly, a bear is a more competent villain than the entire shamed military unit and their hired guns.
Also I think it was ramming the tree to knock the ashes off of it and mask the direction it was coming from?

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Soo why was the bear's teeth bright red? Emulation glitch?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

D_W posted:

Soo why was the bear's teeth bright red? Emulation glitch?

Same reasoning as everything else for the last few videos.

Pyroclastic flow.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Pyroclastic Bears are one of the most common causes of volcano-related deaths.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

HGH posted:

Also I think it was ramming the tree to knock the ashes off of it and mask the direction it was coming from?

I think it was ramming the tree because Ray shot it in the face with a shotgun twice before and its vision may be a little messed up from the head/eye injuries and possible blood running everywhere.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Neruz posted:

Pyroclastic Bears are one of the most common causes of volcano-related deaths.
Now I have this mental image of Yogi Bear and Boo-Boo as lava beasts and I really, really wish I could draw.

Demonbait
Apr 14, 2014

Next boss spoilers, he's after Ray's picnic basket full of crackers.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Demonbait posted:

Next boss spoilers, he's after Ray's picnic basket full of crackers.

"Booboo! I think it's time I introduced myself to set that man and his pic-a-nic basket on fire!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Bear puns. Seriously, bear puns. You guys are unbearable. Seriously, I can bearly believe you guys would embearass yourselves like this. The fact we have to bear witness to such a grizzly string of cub-rate quality humor really bears down on my soul. That you felt the need to bring this senseless gimmick to bear on the rest of us forces me to bear off from this LP and bare out the parts of the commentary that were legitimate and that which has been laid bare for all to see as nothing more than shameful quality work. You two should be ashamed of yourselves. Bear puns. What nerve.

• Locked thread