Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

haveblue posted:

The best Skyrim glitch hands down is THE GODS KNOW WHAT YOU'VE DONE.

Oh, I disagree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93W6mB0ZqCM

That also happens to be Louis Letrush, the Skyrim NPC infamous for making clones of himself outside of Whiterun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I basically got ragdolled out of the world once.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
There's a spell in Skyrim that freezes you for a while, and you just topple over. Well, if you go fast enough while like that(like down a mountain for instance) the physics go bonkers. There's one notable NPC that can freeze you, and he happens to be on top of the biggest mountain in the game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGf3KRMOQkk

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I have no idea of this is actually a glitch or just Oblvion being retarded as usual, but it's one of the funniest things ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ATh4y4XRjA

FILTHY PICKPOCKET! :byodood:

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

So I recently picked up Dark Souls II for a good price and was excited/terrified to try it based on everything people said about Dark Souls (I have that too, but it never worked on PC for me). So I'm working my way through the game and having a really rough go of it, bought equipment, bought weapons, but only have one good weapon that I can use since my stats aren't high enough. What the hell, how do I level up my skills? So I look it up and apparently there's an NPC that I'm supposed to talk to! Nope, doesn't exist in my game. Looked at screenshots and videos, but she just doesn't exist in my game.

So I gave up looking and just made a new character. Sure enough she's there now. Waste of 5 hours of my time. :smithicide:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Aperture Priority posted:

So I recently picked up Dark Souls II for a good price and was excited/terrified to try it based on everything people said about Dark Souls (I have that too, but it never worked on PC for me). So I'm working my way through the game and having a really rough go of it, bought equipment, bought weapons, but only have one good weapon that I can use since my stats aren't high enough. What the hell, how do I level up my skills? So I look it up and apparently there's an NPC that I'm supposed to talk to! Nope, doesn't exist in my game. Looked at screenshots and videos, but she just doesn't exist in my game.

So I gave up looking and just made a new character. Sure enough she's there now. Waste of 5 hours of my time. :smithicide:

That's a pretty weird bug. Are you sure you didn't just overlook her? Her coat kinda blends in with the shade she's standing in when you first meet her.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Dr Pepper posted:

I have no idea of this is actually a glitch or just Oblvion being retarded as usual, but it's one of the funniest things ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ATh4y4XRjA

FILTHY PICKPOCKET! :byodood:

The human guy is glitching out but the Argonian character is doing exactly what she's supposed to (hence her name). :v:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

RatHat posted:

There's a spell in Skyrim that freezes you for a while, and you just topple over. Well, if you go fast enough while like that(like down a mountain for instance) the physics go bonkers. There's one notable NPC that can freeze you, and he happens to be on top of the biggest mountain in the game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGf3KRMOQkk

So does Bethesda's engine just freak the gently caress out when an object surpasses a certain velocity/ Because this seemed to be going just fine until gravity stopped mattering.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Aperture Priority posted:

You probably accidentally killed her and didn't notice. Don't do that.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

That's a pretty weird bug. Are you sure you didn't just overlook her? Her coat kinda blends in with the shade she's standing in when you first meet her.

Yeah I did this for a while, must have run right past her a couple of times and missed her. The first time she isn't right next to the majula bonfire but rather off towards the cliff a little bit.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Cleretic posted:

So does Bethesda's engine just freak the gently caress out when an object surpasses a certain velocity/ Because this seemed to be going just fine until gravity stopped mattering.

Yes, it also freaks out a lot under completely normal conditions too. :v:

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

Of course, when I went to take a picture of my lawn ornament, he had despawned. :smith:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Bethesda engines use advanced code which may or may not exist at any given time.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

Kimmalah posted:

Yes, it also freaks out a lot under completely normal conditions too. :v:

These aren't all glitches but I'm quite fond of these three vids showcasing some of the bizzare laughs to be had with this game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F84oQejFvss (Skyrim: The Good the Bad and the Dovahkiin)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5_O4u1F9As
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo2efCOzkqo

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
So here's a couple little glitches from Spore Galactic Adventures.

Flying truck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YamZxqJ1g3k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGYGU8mY2bk

I changed the first video's music because YouTube's automatic copyrighted material detector recognized the stock music playing in it (but not in the second video for some reason) and I didn't want to deal with whatever crap might come of that.

Giant's angry dance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWthTXl2NtQ

For context for this video, if you activate stealth and throw a damaging object at a creature programmed to react in some way to being attacked, they spaz the hell out because they want to react but don't have a target to point their reaction at because throwing objects doesn't cause you to drop your stealth like other, more direct attacks do.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Tambaloneus posted:

These aren't all glitches but I'm quite fond of these three vids showcasing some of the bizzare laughs to be had with this game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F84oQejFvss (Skyrim: The Good the Bad and the Dovahkiin)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5_O4u1F9As
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo2efCOzkqo

Yeah pretty much any of the really famous Bethesda games (Oblivion, Fallout 3, New Vegas, etc.) have compilations like this. Other than the open world aspect, it's part of why I love them - you never know what kind of bizarre poo poo you're going to see when something glitches out or things in the world interact in some unexpected way.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Cleretic posted:

It seemed to be fine until the character started spinning super fast, so I assume the engine just couldn't calculate where to send the body next fast enough, and eventually it just ends up taking off.

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

Inspector_666 posted:

It seemed to be fine until the character started spinning super fast, so I assume the engine just couldn't calculate where to send the body next fast enough, and eventually it just ends up taking off.

This has been a problem for Bethesda as far back as Morrowind. If you used the Fortify Intelligence potion trick to keep buffing your Alchemy to absurd levels, you could brew up Fortify Speed (or Levitation) potions that would move you through entire areas in a single step. It didn't calculate clipping properly at high speeds (and not at all for areas it hadn't loaded yet), so you could just walk straight through walls. The downside is that you'd be completely unable to stop with any kind of precision, and also the potions would probably last for several real-time days. Good luck getting close enough to a bed to sleep it off, then having to sleep several in-game months when you do.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I remember on my old lovely Dell desktop I was loving around with Morrowind in the console, setting things up crazy high levels, etc. The funniest loving thing was setting my acrobatics to something dumb like 100000000000000 and as soon as I jumped my computer just restarted. No crash or anything just a forced hard restart.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Abusing permanent-enchantment glitches in Oblivion made it impossible for me to take staircases. Instead of walking down them, I would just shoot out into open space, fall down to the bottom of the stairs, and take fall damage.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

HellCopter posted:

Abusing permanent-enchantment glitches in Oblivion made it impossible for me to take staircases. Instead of walking down them, I would just shoot out into open space, fall down to the bottom of the stairs, and take fall damage.

When I played my first Khajiit, I kept building up my speed (having played FO:NV before, having the ability to move faster outside of a single perk was like a dream come true) after about the third level, I was flinging myself off of hills - killing myself.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Dwarf Fortress continues producing material for this thread. Lately Toady has been implementing emotions for his sandbox people. He rescued a kidnapped child and returned her home...

"The reunion might have been touching, but instead of the father running over and embracing the daughter, an unrelated drunk at the other side of the room shouted the daughter's name and then ran over and hugged me while the father and daughter stood in place crying tears of joy."

Also from the devlog: "Stopped prisoners from constantly agreeing to rescue each other."

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

HellCopter posted:

You can get that without enchantments just by leveling your speed/acrobatics and jumping while going down a sharp incline. Apparently Cyrodiil has less gravity than the rest of Tamriel so you just jump super high and fall to your death when you land.

Luckily you can also change direction in mid-air somewhat so you can pull back and do a sort of controlled fall downhill for less damage.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Kimmalah posted:

You can get that without enchantments just by leveling your speed/acrobatics and jumping while going down a sharp incline. Apparently Cyrodiil has less gravity than the rest of Tamriel so you just jump super high and fall to your death when you land.

Luckily you can also change direction in mid-air somewhat so you can pull back and do a sort of controlled fall downhill for less damage.

One of my favorite glitches in Bethesda gamebryo games is the one where you save before falling to stop all fall damage from happening. My guess is that the fall timer or whatever the variable is called, I don't remember, resets when you load the game.

You can pretty much fling yourself from the top of the tallest building, save before hitting the ground, load, and then gently land on the ground unharmed.

In Oblivion, you can use that to not have to destroy the best acrobatics boosting shoes in the whole game.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

scarycave posted:

One of my favorite glitches in Bethesda gamebryo games is the one where you save before falling to stop all fall damage from happening. My guess is that the fall timer or whatever the variable is called, I don't remember, resets when you load the game.

You can pretty much fling yourself from the top of the tallest building, save before hitting the ground, load, and then gently land on the ground unharmed.

In Oblivion, you can use that to not have to destroy the best acrobatics boosting shoes in the whole game.

Whaaaat. I always tried making a pile of clothing/sharp objects/whatever else was in my inventory fall beneath me as that area loaded (or I tried putting it on the ground beforehand) when I played on the 360, which worked like maybe once ever.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Not a glitch per se, maybe, but... Supes, what's up with this cameltoe in your statue in DC Universe Online?

Hmmm...

Uhhh...

Er, Clark? Do we need to talk about something?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Freedom Force features time controls that enable you to speed up or slow down the action to your liking. It has a separate pause function, but the slowest setting is ALSO meant to be a full pause.

Emphasis on "meant".

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

So a friend was playing Saint Row's IV and decided to fast-travel to a penthouse, and somehow accidentally brought their car up to the room.

Unfortunately, she forgot she was in the car when she tried to take a picture of it and accidentally threw a grenade on the roof of the car.

Telemarchitect
Oct 1, 2009

TOUCH THE KNOB
Dead Rising's Pathfinding AI at its finest :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APvVABYwAjI&t=533s

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The funniest thing is, you actually basically have to do that in order to get all of the survivors you have in the safe room at once. If they're not on that little platform or a single step or so away from it, they won't go to the safe room with you. If a survivor you've picked up is left in a separate world space from the one you're in their health constantly drains until they are dead for no good reason; this continues during loading screens, so if you accidentally leave someone behind while entering the safe room they will probably die before you can get back to the roof world space because of Dead Rising 1's crappy load times.

Thus, you have to stand somewhere in the middle of the platform to summon them all around you and hope they follow like lemmings, then barge your way past them in the desperate hope that they all go through with you.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

This is to fake out the other golfers. You whiff on the ball with your club but then kick it down the fairway a fraction of a second later. Classic golf mind game.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

What's wrong with this? It's his pre-swing ritual. You know, for luck!

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
If you line up your backswing between your legs you can use a crotch thrust to add power to your swing.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Robindaybird posted:

So a friend was playing Saint Row's IV and decided to fast-travel to a penthouse, and somehow accidentally brought their car up to the room.

Unfortunately, she forgot she was in the car when she tried to take a picture of it and accidentally threw a grenade on the roof of the car.

I think that might've been Saints Row the Third. IV doesn't have grenades or a penthouse to visit. :v:

Speaking of SR3, I have a knack for getting stuck in geometry in that one, it seems.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
dwarf_fortress.txt

quote:

The highlight of the last few bug-fixer sessions was definitely yesterday, when the king of my dwarves appointed a visiting merchant's yak as the general of the army while I was trading.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

Kennel posted:

dwarf_fortress.txt

caligula.txt

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Kennel posted:

dwarf_fortress.txt

That might just be the best post/avatar combination I've seen yet.

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

"What the hell do they mean? Beefcake?"

So I just got home from work and decided to fire up DreadOut for the first time. It's an Indonesian horror game that looked like an interesting Fatal Frame-alike, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Despite it being janky as hell, it's got some legitimately terrifying monster/ghost designs and I was enjoying it. Then I hit a cutscene and got loaded into a giant black void with no audio, no way to move anything but the camera, and this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFoVr-V0IDE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Dark Souls 2 on PC happens to be janky as gently caress go figure.

I call this one tweddley deeddley legs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abhnXQlvo1I