Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

maou shoujo posted:

Gear Fighter Dendoh (sp?) could get that full EN regen intrinsically. Granted, Dendoh had the gimmick of potentially using all its EN in one attack. :v:

That attack got stronger if you used it with more EN used, so it's not too terrible of a gimmick. Though, it's not like you used them because Boar Gatling had that one really good attack that didn't use much EN so why use anything else?

Edit: That being said, I still used Full Armor Dendoh all of the time because I need to constantly hear "CHOU DENDOH YO-YO!" in every map.

Televisio Frankus fucked around with this message at 22:39 on May 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

maou shoujo posted:

Gear Fighter Dendoh (sp?) could get that full EN regen intrinsically. Granted, Dendoh had the gimmick of potentially using all its EN in one attack. :v:

I've heard MX was super easy, but did Dendoh have something as silly as Inertial Canceller? The drat thing feels as strong as an A.T. Field for god's sakes.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hivac posted:

I've heard MX was super easy, but did Dendoh have something as silly as Inertial Canceller? The drat thing feels as strong as an A.T. Field for god's sakes.

It had Clock Manager which was hilariously broken as gently caress.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
this is BULLSHIT! Ruri doesnt learn Strike till level 29 in J!

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Hivac posted:

I gave the full energy every turn part to Gunbuster just so it would have energy to use attacks after blocking 10 hits a turn.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I think when I finally got it I gave it to Kallen so she could Radiation Wave the entire map every turn and do it again next turn.

Post-move MAP weapon, what the gently caress were they thinking.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

ImpAtom posted:

It had Clock Manager which was hilariously broken as gently caress.

To elaborate, Clock Manager was like OG2 Stun Shot but EN-based, on a machine accompanied a pair of unique EN resupply jets (that don't lower Will), whose second-to-last upgrade is 100% EN regen, whose pilot learns Fury, and also happens to have a large MAP Weapon and really good stats all around.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I think when I finally got it I gave it to Kallen so she could Radiation Wave the entire map every turn and do it again next turn.

Cybuster and Valsione, I guess? :shrug:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I just gave it to Shin Getter and gave everything a dose of sunshine every turn :shobon:

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

AradoBalanga posted:

Cybuster and Valsione, I guess? :shrug:
At least the classic timeline games knew to give Cyflash and Psycho Blaster much lower weapon power than other MAP weapons. (Then again, most enemies have very low HP so they're still abusable.)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

ImpAtom posted:

This series started with Nirvash in Z1, they were going for broke from the start.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Tae posted:

This series started with Nirvash in Z1, they were going for broke from the start.
In Z3, the half upgrade bonus to Big-O gives it a post-movement Plasma Gimmick. That's not nearly as nuts but it is fairly nuts.

Also Plasma Gimmick is a silly name, except I know that the Japanese have a different connotation for "gimmick" than I do.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Samurai Sanders posted:

In Z3, the half upgrade bonus to Big-O gives it a post-movement Plasma Gimmick. That's not nearly as nuts but it is fairly nuts.

Also Plasma Gimmick is a silly name, except I know that the Japanese have a different connotation for "gimmick" than I do.

A gimmick is a kind of capacitor so I'm willing to give them this one. I guess it stores plasma instead of electricity.

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

Lucky for you, I'm a dog lover.
Post-move MAP weapons aren't even that rare in Z3. Wing Zero, Big O, and the Frontier units all have MAP weapons that can fire after moving. I'm sure that I'm forgetting one or two.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Tobias Grant posted:

Post-move MAP weapons aren't even that rare in Z3. Wing Zero, Big O, and the Frontier units all have MAP weapons that can fire after moving. I'm sure that I'm forgetting one or two.

The loving Guren? Seriously, after Wing Zero its the most ridiculous MAP attack in the game.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Caros posted:

The loving Guren? Seriously, after Wing Zero its the most ridiculous MAP attack in the game.
Yeah, they decided that the Guren wasn't all-purpose enough so they gave it a post-movement map attack.

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

Lucky for you, I'm a dog lover.

Caros posted:

My point was that the Guren wasn't unique about having a broken post-movement MAP attack. And honestly because of it's wonky attack pattern I don't think it's all that good, at least compared to Wing Zero or Big O.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tobias Grant posted:

My point was that the Guren wasn't unique about having a broken post-movement MAP attack. And honestly because of it's wonky attack pattern I don't think it's all that good, at least compared to Wing Zero or Big O.

It's attack pattern is great. It can easily hit lined up enemies while also hitting other enemies nearby as well. It isn't as simple to wreck huge spread out groups as Heero but it's actually a lot better for bunched up groups of enemies, especially if you're chaining MAP attacks together.

Also since it is EN based and not ammo based you can get it off more times in a turn than Heero can, although that isn't strictly necessary.

Caros
May 14, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

It's attack pattern is great. It can easily hit lined up enemies while also hitting other enemies nearby as well. It isn't as simple to wreck huge spread out groups as Heero but it's actually a lot better for bunched up groups of enemies, especially if you're chaining MAP attacks together.

Also since it is EN based and not ammo based you can get it off more times in a turn than Heero can, although that isn't strictly necessary.

I don't think I ever had to fire Heero more than twice, so its not too much of an issue either way, but fair points.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caros posted:

I don't think I ever had to fire Heero more than twice, so its not too much of an issue either way, but fair points.

I've used up all his ammo but mostly on big stages where I'm chaining bonus steps together.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

I just gave it to Shin Getter and gave everything a dose of sunshine every turn :shobon:

I gave mine to Shin Getter as well. The unit's only problem is that its ALL attack is like 80 EN even with E-Save which is solved completely with full EN every turn :v:

Most other units have more reasonable costs for their ALL attacks.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
You guys are leaving out Aquarion Guepard's insane EN-based 5x3 rectangle map weapon. Pair it with somebody who has Hit & Away, and you might as well have a post movement map weapon for all intents and purposes, because it's very unlikely you won't have two stars after using it. Admittedly, it requires some setup in the form of an initial use of Zeal (or Plat Emblem) and Assault (plus Basara) in order to destroy one grunt team and get the initial two stars needed to get the infinite multi-action chain going on turn 1.

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 11:39 on May 25, 2014

KoB
May 1, 2009
Do you guys think OG will ever give us a Grungust Type-4?

e: playing through Dark Prison just reminded me that the Grungusts are rad is all.

KoB fucked around with this message at 03:57 on May 26, 2014

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

KoB posted:

Yes but it will probably be destroyed immediately to form the Shin Ryukooh or be made into boxer parts for the Exbein.

Grungusts are the best units in the game though.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

KoB posted:

e: playing through Dark Prison just reminded me that the Grungusts are rad is all.
I just want the type 2 back...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I've sort of given up the hope for any interesting upgrades that are not from pre-existing games at this point. :smith:

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I've pretty much given up hope for supers in general for OG. :smith: It's pretty much always been a Real type, especially in OGs.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Tribladeofchaos posted:

I've pretty much given up hope for supers in general for OG. :smith: It's pretty much always been a Real type, especially in OGs.

At least with the Garden of Gan-Eden wrecked, we've got a thematic in to roll in the Valguard (though it will still start as the Valhawk). And am I wrong, or are we also due for J?

Some of the other recent ones (by which I'm thinking of Solverius, Rushbird, and Genion) feel more like hybrids (sorta fast, sorta tough, shield maybe?) than anything. And if they do ever find a way to get Z in, there's the possibility of temporarily getting to use Chaos Leo, Pearlnail, and Ascleps.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Caphi posted:

At least with the Garden of Gan-Eden wrecked, we've got a thematic in to roll in the Valguard (though it will still start as the Valhawk). And am I wrong, or are we also due for J?

Some of the other recent ones (by which I'm thinking of Solverius, Rushbird, and Genion) feel more like hybrids (sorta fast, sorta tough, shield maybe?) than anything. And if they do ever find a way to get Z in, there's the possibility of temporarily getting to use Chaos Leo, Pearlnail, and Ascleps.
J got teased during a cutscene in Dark Prison where Gan Eden fires a shot at a random spot on the Moon with no military or civilian targets about 50 km west of the Moon Cradle, with Selena and Albardha wondering if Gan Eden missed the Moon Cradle or fired at that spot on purpose.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Someone had been asking about Gundam Breaker; I found one of my old posts:

Nope, you have to find the parts by killing other robots but it will do that.

Mechanically it plays like the Dynasty Warrior Gundam games, where you mow down armies of grunts punctuated by aces and huge boss units.

Stuff I wish I knew at the beginning:

- on the PS3 it respects the system settings for execute and cancel, so you will see on screen prompts for you to press circle, when pressing x will actually approve the command or dismiss the dialog
- after you've grabbed all the parts from the end of the stage, hold select after the end of the level to skip the countdown and go right to the post mission screen
- on the post mission screen, you can press triangle to take all the sprues into your inventory at once. Circle will sell them all, but don't do that, because:
- always build parts, there's no reason to sell sprues unbuilt since the least valuable part sells for as much as an unbuilt sprue. When you've maxed out the builder level, you can sell unbuilt parts at the post mission screen.
- in the parts build screen, you can press start followed by triangle to build all parts, keep the best in your inventory, and send the rest to the parts stock, which unclutters your inventory tremendously.
- in the shop, you can press square at the menu and sell all your parts in stock with a single button press rather than managing it individually. Knowing these two things would have saved me HOURS.
- camouflage has no game benefit, it just lets you make the robot look cool
- some parts combine two functions (Heavyarms gun is a gun and shield, Gouf Custom is the same, GN Sword 2 and 3 are both melee and ranged). To equip them, make sure you don't have equipment of either type already on the robot or it won't let you add it. E.g., if you want the Heavyarms gun/shield, remove both the current gun and current shield before adding the Heavyarms part. With the GN weapons, you have to add the ranged and melee parts individually, and the ranged part doesn't appear until you add the melee part.

Here's a list of all the modules and EX actions:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...RFWUtlNXc#gid=0

EDIT: Once you start getting 1/100 parts there's no reason to keep their 1/144 counterparts. The only thing you can't get in the larger size is the Build Strike (presumably since there was only an HG kit of that in real life). Also you can't start scratchbuilding parts until you are at builder level 5, here's what you can do:

HG
(05) GM Arm -> GM II Arm
(05) GM Leg -> GM II Leg
(05) Zaku Mine Layer (backpack) -> Gelgogg Cannon
(05) Gundam Mk-II [Vulcan Pod] Head -> Gundam Mk-II Head
(05) Gundam Mk-II (Black) [Vulcan Pod] Head -> Gundam Mk-II (Black) Head
(07) Zaku II Leg -> Zaku II Kai Leg
(07) Zaku II Body -> Zaku II Kai Body
(07) Zaku II Arm -> Gouf Custom Arm
(10) GM Head -> Guntank Head
(10) Gundam Mk-II Arm -> GM III Arm
(10) Banshee [D] (any part) -> Banshee [U]
(10) Unicorn [D] (any part) -> Unicorn [U]
(13) Strike Arm -> Akatsuki Arm
(13) Wing Gundam Zero (EW) (backpack) -> Wing Gundam (EW) (backpack)
(15) Banshee [U] (any part) -> Banshee [D]
(15) Unicorn [U] (any part) -> Unicorn [D]
(15) 00 Leg -> GN Archer Leg
(17) 00 Leg -> Gundam Virtue Leg

MG
(19) GM Arm -> GM II Arm
(19) GM Leg -> GM II Leg
(20) Zaku II Leg -> Zaku II Kai Leg
(20) Zaku II Body -> Zaku II Kai Body
(21) Zaku II Arm -> Gouf Custom Arm
(21) Gundam Mk-II Arm -> GM III Arm
(22) GM Head -> Guntank Head
(22) Zaku Mine Layer (backpack) -> Gelgogg Cannon
(24) Strike Arm -> Akatsuki Arm
(24) Wing Gundam Zero (EW) (backpack) -> Wing Gundam (EW) (backpack)
(25) 00 Leg -> GN Archer Leg
(25) 00 Leg -> Gundam Virtue Leg
(25) Banshee [D] (any part) -> Banshee [U]
(25) Unicorn [D] (any part) -> Unicorn [U]
(30) Banshee [U] (any part) -> Banshee [D]
(30) Unicorn [U] (any part) -> Unicorn [D]

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

New scan from Coffin at the End.

The man's name is supposedly Tiel Curvey. Info from /m/:

quote:

Tiel Curvey
Almere Republic's
Test pilot of the Valsiogre
Childhood friend of Ellicia
now friend of Sakito

Valsiogre
Developed by Ilzenon industry in Almere Republic
Test type hybrid weapon using technology from Ra Gias and data from Valsion-kai type CF
Divine Glaive as its main weapon

Also, as someone else on /m/ pointed out, Tiel has a striking resemblance to Ace Attorney's Klavier Gavin.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Race Realists posted:

this is BULLSHIT! Ruri doesnt learn Strike till level 29 in J!

Okay, need help: What can I give the Nadesico (who's currently at level 11) to increase its hit rate? I'm currently on scenario 8

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I just finished Z3-1. Two things:

I was wondering how mechanically they would deal with the unit size gap in the last TTGL stage, I guess making them all the same size (infinity) worked just fine.

Holy poo poo Shiku's music, does anyone know the title?

edit: found it (spoiler). I have a new entry in my top five final boss musics ever.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 08:10 on May 28, 2014

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Somebody spoil Char's plan/plot in Z3 for me, please. I won't be getting to it for a long while.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Broken Loose posted:

Somebody spoil Char's plan/plot in Z3 for me, please. I won't be getting to it for a long while.
If I'm understanding it right, Axis is the singularity that created this new world, meaning that it can repair the dimension whatever and save the world from Eternity Flat. Threatening to crash it into the earth was Char's plan to get all of humanity focused on it and do that dimension repair thing. He didn't tell the rest of Neo Zeon this though; rather that it was for the normal revenge for the one year war stuff, so they felt betrayed.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 09:37 on May 28, 2014

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Aw man, Europe gets Bearguy as a pre-order bonus for Dynasty Warriors Gundam 4, I hope we will be able to buy it after as DLC - http://www.siliconera.com/2014/05/22/bear-europes-pre-order-bonus-dynasty-warriors-gundam-reborn/

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Race Realists posted:

Okay, need help: What can I give the Nadesico (who's currently at level 11) to increase its hit rate? I'm currently on scenario 8
You could switch Ruri to to main pilot seat. IFS increases her stats as her will goes up, so it should increase her hit too.

crowbb
Feb 25, 2013
Slippery Tilde
Maaan, I hadn't heard about this game and now you made me jump on Amazon to buy it. It sounds very interesting.

Midjack posted:

Someone had been asking about Gundam Breaker; I found one of my old posts:

Nope, you have to find the parts by killing other robots but it will do that.

Mechanically it plays like the Dynasty Warrior Gundam games, where you mow down armies of grunts punctuated by aces and huge boss units.

Stuff I wish I knew at the beginning:

- on the PS3 it respects the system settings for execute and cancel, so you will see on screen prompts for you to press circle, when pressing x will actually approve the command or dismiss the dialog
- after you've grabbed all the parts from the end of the stage, hold select after the end of the level to skip the countdown and go right to the post mission screen
- on the post mission screen, you can press triangle to take all the sprues into your inventory at once. Circle will sell them all, but don't do that, because:
- always build parts, there's no reason to sell sprues unbuilt since the least valuable part sells for as much as an unbuilt sprue. When you've maxed out the builder level, you can sell unbuilt parts at the post mission screen.
- in the parts build screen, you can press start followed by triangle to build all parts, keep the best in your inventory, and send the rest to the parts stock, which unclutters your inventory tremendously.
- in the shop, you can press square at the menu and sell all your parts in stock with a single button press rather than managing it individually. Knowing these two things would have saved me HOURS.
- camouflage has no game benefit, it just lets you make the robot look cool
- some parts combine two functions (Heavyarms gun is a gun and shield, Gouf Custom is the same, GN Sword 2 and 3 are both melee and ranged). To equip them, make sure you don't have equipment of either type already on the robot or it won't let you add it. E.g., if you want the Heavyarms gun/shield, remove both the current gun and current shield before adding the Heavyarms part. With the GN weapons, you have to add the ranged and melee parts individually, and the ranged part doesn't appear until you add the melee part.

Here's a list of all the modules and EX actions:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...RFWUtlNXc#gid=0

EDIT: Once you start getting 1/100 parts there's no reason to keep their 1/144 counterparts. The only thing you can't get in the larger size is the Build Strike (presumably since there was only an HG kit of that in real life). Also you can't start scratchbuilding parts until you are at builder level 5, here's what you can do:

HG
(05) GM Arm -> GM II Arm
(05) GM Leg -> GM II Leg
(05) Zaku Mine Layer (backpack) -> Gelgogg Cannon
(05) Gundam Mk-II [Vulcan Pod] Head -> Gundam Mk-II Head
(05) Gundam Mk-II (Black) [Vulcan Pod] Head -> Gundam Mk-II (Black) Head
(07) Zaku II Leg -> Zaku II Kai Leg
(07) Zaku II Body -> Zaku II Kai Body
(07) Zaku II Arm -> Gouf Custom Arm
(10) GM Head -> Guntank Head
(10) Gundam Mk-II Arm -> GM III Arm
(10) Banshee [D] (any part) -> Banshee [U]
(10) Unicorn [D] (any part) -> Unicorn [U]
(13) Strike Arm -> Akatsuki Arm
(13) Wing Gundam Zero (EW) (backpack) -> Wing Gundam (EW) (backpack)
(15) Banshee [U] (any part) -> Banshee [D]
(15) Unicorn [U] (any part) -> Unicorn [D]
(15) 00 Leg -> GN Archer Leg
(17) 00 Leg -> Gundam Virtue Leg

MG
(19) GM Arm -> GM II Arm
(19) GM Leg -> GM II Leg
(20) Zaku II Leg -> Zaku II Kai Leg
(20) Zaku II Body -> Zaku II Kai Body
(21) Zaku II Arm -> Gouf Custom Arm
(21) Gundam Mk-II Arm -> GM III Arm
(22) GM Head -> Guntank Head
(22) Zaku Mine Layer (backpack) -> Gelgogg Cannon
(24) Strike Arm -> Akatsuki Arm
(24) Wing Gundam Zero (EW) (backpack) -> Wing Gundam (EW) (backpack)
(25) 00 Leg -> GN Archer Leg
(25) 00 Leg -> Gundam Virtue Leg
(25) Banshee [D] (any part) -> Banshee [U]
(25) Unicorn [D] (any part) -> Unicorn [U]
(30) Banshee [U] (any part) -> Banshee [D]
(30) Unicorn [U] (any part) -> Unicorn [D]

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Samurai Sanders posted:

If I'm understanding it right, Axis is the singularity that created this new world, meaning that it can repair the dimension whatever and save the world from Eternity Flat. Threatening to crash it into the earth was Char's plan to get all of humanity focused on it and do that dimension repair thing. He didn't tell the rest of Neo Zeon this though; rather that it was for the normal revenge for the one year war stuff, so they felt betrayed.

One correction: It was never about revenge for the OYW, even in CCA. That said, in Z3, I'm fairly certain Haman believed it was all about Neo Zeon's interests and establishing themselves decisively as a political power free of the Earth's control. When she found out that everything Char was doing was for this singularity instead, she was outraged not only because he did it for the sake of theatrics rather than an actual drop, but also because he did it all without letting her in on the plot. She accused him of putting her on the same level of untrustworthiness as Frontal, and she attacked as a boss to avenge the slight against all of Neo Zeon. She only left grudgingly when Char pleaded with her to retreat, because he left her in charge of Neo Zeon and they needed her leadership.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Samurai Sanders posted:

It goes way beyond that - Char realized that he was a Singularity and Axis was the Grand Singularity, because the turning point of the timeline's future is the Axis Drop which creates the world of Paradigm City. He orchestrates the drop to occur exactly when the New Federation ladies are broadcasting to the entire world asking its people to choose their own future, stasis or slaughter. He's also arranged for a lot of people to engineer an absolutely massive psychic focusing complex using GN particles, Fold Quartz, and a ZONE as a resonator to transmit all of their thoughts right to the asteroid in descent.

Meanwhile, he manipulates the battle between his Neo Zeon and Z-BLUE to draw Full Frontal, who he knows to be the other joined world Singularity (like Kei and Orson), out into the combat at the same time as he is, because he needs Frontal's cooperation, much like Kei and Orson had to work together to restore the UCW.

Frontal, of course, is earnestly trying to drop Axis, for the usual reasons and additionally because he believes it's what the true and correct Char Aznable would do. I don't remember if it's suggested that he's from an alternate future where the drop occurred, but he is definitely from an alternate universe with a different Char he witnessed.

• Locked thread