Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

masato tatanka posted:

Maybe !! Barao has never been taken down but Dillashaw is a div 1 wrestler. I doubt Barao will even go for the takedown, Wineland was able to stuff him pretty handily.

That's because Wineland was able to confuse him on the feet momentarily enough to persuade him to go for the lovely takedown. Although yeah I don't think Barao will be attempting to take Dillashaw down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Bubba Smith posted:

What are the odds on Lawler getting the most significant strikes? Mizugaki would also be good for that one if the line isn't too crazy

Actually I'm only getting lines on those props for the top 3 fights.

Most sig strikes:
Lawler: 2/5
Ellenberger: 9/5

Cormier: 1/7
Henderson: 4/1

Barao: 1/5
Dillashaw: 3/1

Most takedowns:
Lawler: 3/1 (‏@Fightnomics 41s Shock Stat: Best takedown success rate on the #UFC173 main card: @Ruthless_RL at 70%. Second place is Mizugaki at 66%-not that he'll use it.)
Tie: 10/11
Ellenberger: 15/8

Cormier: 4/11
Tie: 11/4
Henderson: 6/1

Barao: 17/10
Tie: 4/5
Dillashaw: 4/1

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
5:1 on Dillashaw taking down Barao in their fight seems like pretty crazy value

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Mike Chiapetta made an interesting observation - the last time Renan Barao lost a fight, two weeks later the very first video ever was uploaded to Youtube.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Barao has attempted takedowns on pretty much everyone he's fought and has gotten takedowns on almost all of them. He also doesn't get taken down, that is his thing. Betting on Dillashaw of all people to do it is wasting money.

Fl0yd
Apr 30, 2004

Judge Judy and executioner?

fatherdog posted:

Mike Chiapetta made an interesting observation - the last time Renan Barao lost a fight, two weeks later the very first video ever was uploaded to Youtube.

Jesus Christ that's Frikkin insane.

I've got

Clarke v Iaquinta >2.5 rounds
Hendo beats DC (couldn't resist 1 unit)
And a nine fight parley which I don't want to talk about (25/1)

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
ive got 5 on a burger, dillashaw and hendo parlay where i can (will) win $600 it's basically free money

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Put your money on Ellenberger, Ellenberger KOed Jake Shields and Jake Shields guillotined Robbie Lawler.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Put your money on Ellenberger, Ellenberger KOed Jake Shields and Jake Shields guillotined Robbie Lawler.

and Lawler couldn't beat Bockwinkel who drew Billy Robinson, trainer of Barnett who lost to CroCop who is equally as good as Wanderlei Silva, who lost to Hendo who also lost to Shields!

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Pichel on his way to winning that most takedowns thing.

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011
100 on Krause Varner not going the distance at $2.

Edit - haha I totally did this on an impulse as a result of the prefight hype interviews not really knowing anything about Krause.

Poor guys' ankle though :-(

Win
25/05/14
13:58 Renan Barao v T.J. Dillashaw
Will the fight go the distance?
No @ 1.44 25/05/14 $1.44 $100.00 $144.44

Win
25/05/14
13:24 Multibet (Doubles) 25/05/14 $2.76 $66.67 $183.85 (This was DC/Hendo and Barao/J Dilla not going this distance)

Win
25/05/14
12:50 Robbie Lawler v Jake Ellenberger
No @ 1.66 25/05/14 $1.66 $100.00 $166.67

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4UqMyldS7Q

turntabler fucked around with this message at 05:49 on May 25, 2014

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

woo Tj

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
So does that one sorta takedown/all the knockdowns give TJ that "most takedowns" prop or is it a push?

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

turntabler posted:

100 on Krause Varner not going the distance at $2.

Edit - haha I totally did this on an impulse as a result of the prefight hype interviews not really knowing anything about Krause.

Poor guys' ankle though :-(

Win
25/05/14
13:58 Renan Barao v T.J. Dillashaw
No @ 1.44 25/05/14 $1.44 $100.00 $144.44

Win
25/05/14
13:24 Multibet (Doubles) 25/05/14 $2.76 $66.67 $183.85 (This was DC/Hendo and Barao/J Dilla not going this distance)

Win
25/05/14
12:50 Robbie Lawler v Jake Ellenberger
No @ 1.66 25/05/14 $1.66 $100.00 $166.67

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4UqMyldS7Q

Where can you bet on a fight simply not going the distance?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

origami posted:

Where can you bet on a fight simply not going the distance?

Anywhere that offers a bunch of prop bets should have a distance prop.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

manyak posted:

So does that one sorta takedown/all the knockdowns give TJ that "most takedowns" prop or is it a push?

Fightmetric says TJ got 0/3 takedowns so it was a bust.

I made out ahead but I coulda made a lot more if Cormier didn't choke out Henderson like a big rude boy.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
I wonder if the stats are trending to more fights ending in the last rounds than before.

It's live. Wrong thread.

gunblade
Sep 1, 2008

-Just lucky, I guess
Well, I picked the wrong card to start betting on mma again. Lost about 15 dollars on Barao.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

gunblade posted:

Well, I picked the wrong card to start betting on mma again. Lost about 15 dollars on Barao.

You bet $15 on Barao? What would your win have been, like $2?

gunblade
Sep 1, 2008

-Just lucky, I guess
I put the equivalent of $15 in my local currency on Barao, which I figured was a pretty safe bet. Thought that would cover the more risky bet I had, which was $1 on Hendo. :downs:

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
How much are people getting for betting on Maldonado by R5 KO?

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

Fat Twitter Man posted:

How much are people getting for betting on Maldonado by R5 KO?

$55 back for every $1 bet

I put ten on Munoz to finish at +1080 and five on a Maldonado decision at +1375

vainman fucked around with this message at 03:17 on May 31, 2014

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011
Anyone betting this weekend?

Benson vs hobby lobby is $2.53 to not go the distance which I might out some on.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Eric Prindle +200 :getin:

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Once you(r nuts) pop you cant stop

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

turntabler posted:

Anyone betting this weekend?

Benson vs hobby lobby is $2.53 to not go the distance which I might out some on.

Id just put all my $ on ben henderson

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Id just put all my $ on ben henderson

is there a place you can bet on bendo by split decision specifically

if so what is the line

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yuriy posted:

is there a place you can bet on bendo by split decision specifically

if so what is the line

5dimes has +584 for Bendo by split/maj decision.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I put 3 bucks on Roger Narvaez (AKA the dude fighting Patrick Cummins) because I refuse to believe that Cummins is a -300 favourite against anyone.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
What about his former shift supervisor

outy
Aug 27, 2004

I thought Pearson would totally style on Diego.
I was right.
So I lost money.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Ten bucks on OSP at -150, five bucks on Feijao at +125, and 5 bucks on Woodley at -125.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
I'm not putting money down on this, but one of you must be, no?

Anyone taking a shot at the moon with Caceres? You are required to tell us if you are.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Agent Tough Juice posted:

Anyone taking a shot at the moon with Caceres? You are required to tell us if you are.

nah i'm going safe with a rousey, faber, weidman parlay to nearly double $50

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

Thiago Santos at 7/2 against Uriah Hall seems disproportionate, I wonder if people are googling him and seeing the other Thiago Santos' (TUF Brazil heavyweight) far worse record and betting based on that. Betting on Uriah Hall to lose is a very possible outcome.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Agent Tough Juice posted:

I have 3 bucks on Bruce Leeroy at +550, 3 bucks on Santos at +325 and one buck on Davis at +600. Stupid underdog bets for life.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

masato tatanka posted:

Thiago Santos at 7/2 against Uriah Hall seems disproportionate, I wonder if people are googling him and seeing the other Thiago Santos' (TUF Brazil heavyweight) far worse record and betting based on that. Betting on Uriah Hall to lose is a very possible outcome.

That's what I thought too. I might have put some money down there if I was the sort of person who enjoyed gambling.

attackmole posted:

I have 3 bucks on Bruce Leeroy at +550, 3 bucks on Santos at +325 and one buck on Davis at +600. Stupid underdog bets for life.

I wish you were throwing away more money instead of a pretty reasonable three dollars, but thank you for this nonetheless.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Well guys, this isn't going too hot.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

attackmole posted:

New thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

attackmole posted:

It's because you didn't parlay.